What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft - three rounds. Draft started (1 Viewer)

1.03: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

I was going to make offers to trade down, because I really didn't think McFadden made sense for Oakland right now. There are too many glaring needs on defense to justify taking

Thank you for letting the best player in the draft slip. I know Chris Long is better for Parcells, but Dorsey is going to be a force for years and years in Oakland's defense.

I win the draft on this one pick. Good luck catching up, suckers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade offer to KC from Atlanta.

#4 & #48

for

#5 & #35.

You've got five minutes to respond or I'm making my pick.

#4 pick the the 1st rd, the Chefs take

Jake Long OT Michigan

I was thinking about the trade that JumboJim offered me and as much as I would not want to move that far down in Rd 2, KC is getting the only guy that makes sense to them as a top 5 pick. If the trade was not made, and Jake went to Atl, I would have to think about trading out of the top 5 b/c with OT being their most glaring need, none of the others available justify the #5 pick.

I thought about making a trade with Dallas, offering the #5 for both of their 1st rounders, but I was not too sure that would go through...in turn, i took the best available player for the Chefs

I'd like Green Bay if possible.
I'm not normally exclusionary, but since you registered today I have to ask - will you be around to finish this?
Yes Andy. I've just been a spectator to this point, but I want in on this draft. I'll be here.
Okay. No problemo.
If you need a GB back-up, I'll be around all day..(no offense scrumptrulescent. Just lookin out for the Green and Gold... :thumbdown: )
Absolutely none taken, and it probably is more your right than mine to take it, but it was a 1st come 1st serve thing so I grabbed it. I have a pretty decent idea of what is needed/wanted. I'll do my best TT impression.

This scenario could definitely happen. Good trade by both teams in my book. KC is desperate for an impact OT and Atlanta has many many holes to fill. Good job.

1.05: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

It was tough to give up Long because securing a bookend tackle for the next 10 years is not an easy thing to do. I know some people have been down on McFadden recently due to his build. Everything I have seen from the guy tells me special player. Is he a runner like ADP; probably not. Is he a jitterbug like Bush; probably not. Somewhere in the middle would be just fine with me.

My only other selections would have been Ryan, who I don't believe is a franchise QB, and Ellis, who is a nice player, but wouldn't make the fans of Atlanta forget about Vick and Petrino like bringing McFadden into town.

I'll try to keep track while AD is away.

Trades:

Atlanta #4 & #48

for

KC #5 & #35

Round 1

1. Miami - Chris Long

2. St. Louis - Vernon Gholston

3. Oakland - Gelnn Dorsey

4. Kansas City - Jake Long

5. Atlanta - Darren McFadden

6. New York Jets - Sedrick Ellis

7. New England (from San Francisco) - Leodis McKelvin

8. Baltimore - Matt Ryan

9. Cincinnati - Keith Rivers

10. New Orleans - Kenny Phillips

11. Buffalo - Mike Jenkins

12. Denver - Ryan Clady

13. Carolina

14. Chicago

15. Detroit

16. Arizona

17. Minnesota

18. Houston

19. Philadelphia

20. Tampa Bay

21. Washington

22. Dallas (from Cleveland)

23. Pittsburgh

24. Tennessee

25. Seattle

26. Jacksonville

27. San Diego

28. Dallas

29. San Francisco (from Indianapolis)

30. Green Bay

31. New York Giants

2nd Round

32. Miami

33. St. Louis

34. Atlanta

35. Atlanta

36. New York Jets

37. Oakland

38. Baltimore

39. San Fransisco

40. New Orleans

41. Buffalo

42. Denver

43. Carolina

44. Chicago

45. Detroit

46. Cincinnati

47. Minnesota

48. Kansas City

49. Philadelphia

50. Arizona

51. Washington

52. Tampa Bay

53. Pittsburgh

54. Tennessee

55. Seattle

56. Cleveland

57. Miami (from San Diego)

58. Jacksonville

59. Indianapolis

60. Green Bay

61. Dallas

62. New England

63. New York Giants

3rd Round

64. Miami

65. St. Louis

66. Kansas City

67. New York Jets

68. New England (from Oakland)

69. Atlanta

70. San Francisco

71. Buffalo (from Baltimore)

72. Buffalo

73. Minnesota (from Denver)

74. Carolina

75. Chicago

76. Detroit

77. Cincinnati

78. New Orleans

79. Houston

80. Philadelphia

81. Arizona

82. Minnesota

83. Tampa Bay

84. Washington

85. Tennessee

86. Seattle

87. Cleveland

88. Pittsburgh

89. Jacksonville

90. Chicago (from San Diego)

91. Green Bay

92. Dallas

93. Indianapolis

94. New England

95. New York Giants

Sederick Ellis, DT

Not the way I expected the board to break - figured Gholston would be there is DMC was taken early - Ellis is great value at this pick but he comes with issues - A rock steady NT is essential to a 3-4 systems success. Jets know that DRob isn't the answer. Sederick is built strong and plays with great leverage. He needs to add a few punds to be an ideal NT in a 3-4 so thats the risk. Should help vs the run a great deal.

That being said if the board breaks this way for the Jets I hope they trade down....I had no offers so went best player on my board. Jets need good players and a lot of them!

Sederick Ellis, DTNot the way I expected the board to break - figured Gholston would be there is DMC was taken early - Ellis is great value at this pick but he comes with issues - A rock steady NT is essential to a 3-4 systems success. Jets know that DRob isn't the answer. Sederick is built strong and plays with great leverage. He needs to add a few punds to be an ideal NT in a 3-4 so thats the risk. Should help vs the run a great deal.That being said if the board breaks this way for the Jets I hope they trade down....I had no offers so went best player on my board. Jets need good players and a lot of them!
If the board goes this way, I'd hope the Bengals trade up for Ellis, but I didn't want to give away my 3rd. :shrug:

Sederick Ellis, DTNot the way I expected the board to break - figured Gholston would be there is DMC was taken early - Ellis is great value at this pick but he comes with issues - A rock steady NT is essential to a 3-4 systems success. Jets know that DRob isn't the answer. Sederick is built strong and plays with great leverage. He needs to add a few punds to be an ideal NT in a 3-4 so thats the risk. Should help vs the run a great deal.That being said if the board breaks this way for the Jets I hope they trade down....I had no offers so went best player on my board. Jets need good players and a lot of them!
If the board goes this way, I'd hope the Bengals trade up for Ellis, but I didn't want to give away my 3rd. :boxing:
That was the kind of deal I was looking for once DMC was sniped! Ellis is a stud but is more valuable in a 4-3.

looks like I'm up with the Patriots ........

I have a couple PM's looking to trade down ... any interests from anyone...??

Im expecting a TE.....they always seem to get one of those in the first round....Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady...?
:Hijack:You know, it's funny and all...... But, I'd like to see someone point to when the Jets fans Boo'd and they were Wrong.Was it on Dan Marino.... nopeWarren Sapp... nope.The funniest thing about those videos is that the Jets fans were damn right Every single time. They deserve credit for actually knowing exactly where the franchise went wrong many times the past 30 years.It's not like they Boo'd Donovan Mcnabb and/or Santa Claus here... :mellow: :/endhijack:

1.07 PATRIOTS SELECT :

CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy State

With all the questions on the defensive side of the ball for the Pats (Old LBs , potentially no Assanti , Harrison getting older) they have to address those needs with the #7 pick in the draft.

The projections of Clady here are more knee-jerk reactions to one horrible game (albeit the Super Bowl) by the O-Line.

This pick will be solidified at the combine , with Jenkins, Talib and possibly Cromartie in the mix.

McKelvin's upside wins out for me...

............ and as Assanti Samuel proved in the Super Bowl , the Pats love DB's that can't catch.

YUCK.

Would have taken Keith Rivers here. Versatile, fast and if they bulk him up, could move inside in a 3-4.

1.08 RAVENS SELECT :

QB MATT RYAN, BOSTON COLLEGE

Not a Ravens fan (obviously) but every mock I have seen has them taking a QB. McNair is done, Troy Smith isnt the answer and Boller never was but now the ravens have a franchise QB.

scrumptrulescent said:
Aaronstory said:
Andy Dufresne said:
scrumptrulescent said:
Andy Dufresne said:
scrumptrulescent said:
I'd like Green Bay if possible.
I'm not normally exclusionary, but since you registered today I have to ask - will you be around to finish this?
Yes Andy. I've just been a spectator to this point, but I want in on this draft. I'll be here.
Okay. No problemo.
If you need a GB back-up, I'll be around all day..(no offense scrumptrulescent. Just lookin out for the Green and Gold... :loco: )
Absolutely none taken, and it probably is more your right than mine to take it, but it was a 1st come 1st serve thing so I grabbed it. I have a pretty decent idea of what is needed/wanted. I'll do my best TT impression.
Hey, if you're lucky, you won't have to hear from
:thumbup:

Good luck. Go Pack.

1.09 Cincinnati Bengals Select:

Keith Rivers, LB, USC

The Bengals defense sucks. Rivers is the best defensive player available, IMO. Most mocks have him going here, and I have to agree.

1.09 Cincinnati Bengals Select:Keith Rivers, LB, USCThe Bengals defense sucks. Rivers is the best defensive player available, IMO. Most mocks have him going here, and I have to agree.
Seeing as how they were practically throwing uniforms onto waterboys to play LB against the Pats, this seems right... :lmao:

YUCK.Would have taken Keith Rivers here. Versatile, fast and if they bulk him up, could move inside in a 3-4.
The Pats have so many ?????'s... you can go many directions.. Rivers was definitly the #2 option if I went anywhere besides DB......... but I think it's more possible they lose Samuel than Colvin. Colvin would be more likely to stay and restructure. Colvin and Thomas (along a with a pair of either Vrabel , Seau, or Bruschi -- with maybe a later round rookie) is still far better than most LB's.Take out Samuel from the Pats secondary without a potential replacement and that is the real :lmao: YUCK ..!!!

Im expecting a TE.....they always seem to get one of those in the first round....Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady...?
:Hijack:You know, it's funny and all...... But, I'd like to see someone point to when the Jets fans Boo'd and they were Wrong.Was it on Dan Marino.... nopeWarren Sapp... nope.The funniest thing about those videos is that the Jets fans were damn right Every single time. They deserve credit for actually knowing exactly where the franchise went wrong many times the past 30 years.It's not like they Boo'd Donovan Mcnabb and/or Santa Claus here... :goodposting: :/endhijack:
It is scary how often the Jet fans are right - only one I can remember them booing and being way off on was John Abraham. Ken O'Brien over Marino? Kyle Brady over Sapp? Blair Thomas over Emmit Smith? Maybe the fans should draft!

1.08 RAVENS SELECT :QB MATT RYAN, BOSTON COLLEGENot a Ravens fan (obviously) but every mock I have seen has them taking a QB. McNair is done, Troy Smith isnt the answer and Boller never was but now the ravens have a franchise QB.
SOD so far :goodposting:

With the 10th pick the New Orleans Saints select

Kenny Phillips - S - Miami

Several holes on D for this team. Was hoping for Keith Rivers. Any of the top corners left would fit here also, but couldn't get excited about any of them.

Several holes on D for this team. Was hoping for Keith Rivers. Any of the top corners left would fit here also, but couldn't get excited about any of them.
I know the safety class is weak this year, but is Phillips talented enough to be a top 10 pick?

With the 11th pick the Buffalo Bills select

Mike Jenkins -CB- South Florida

I went with who I am reading could be the best cover corner in the draft. CB is still a premium position. He has good size at 6'/200lbs.

I think you've all done very well so far. I like that Atlanta/KC trade.

Gimme a second to catch up and I'll make the Denver pick.

I know the safety class is weak this year, but is Phillips talented enough to be a top 10 pick?
Is there any players on the D side of the ball left who is?

Wouldn't a CB have been a better choice? Jason David must be replaced immediately.

1.12. Denver - Ryan Clady, OT - Boise St.

Lepsis retired and Ryan Harris is serviceable at best. Clady is going to be a stud.

I would have liked either Kenny Phillips or Keith Rivers here, but c'est la vie.

Wouldn't a CB have been a better choice? Jason David must be replaced immediately.
Corner is way deeper than safety in this draft.

Corner is way deeper than safety in this draft.
....is Phillips worth top 10 $$$ more so than Mike Jenkins?

Users who are viewing this thread