What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sidney Rice - Reported Torn ACL (1 Viewer)

MarcO

Footballguy
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4188/sidney-rice

Profootballtalk reports Sidney Rice has been diagnosed with a torn ACL.
Rice had been dealing with knee problems since the offseason, and also suffered a concussion in Monday night's win. The head injury is as concerning as the torn ACL for a player whose 2011 was cut short by two concussions in three weeks. When the 2013 season ends, Rice will have appeared in just 39 of a possible 64 games going back to 2009. It's quite possible Percy Harvin (hip) will take Rice's place in the starting lineup this Sunday. Oct 29 - 5:40 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut him in both my dynasties (both rather short rosters though, 20 and 22). Haven't started him despite being ravished by injuries and byes, and now he's just a roster albatross. He was about to lose a decent chuck of his already little value when Harvin came back. Rather use that spot to churn through high-urgency guys.

Well, guess Harvin will be back this week.
If he's not, Baldwin's a nice 1 week flier if Tampa finally unleashes Revis Island on Tate.

Edit: Even Percy's latest setback aside, it's very difficult to just assume he will come back with a large % of the snaps right off the bat. The guy hasn't played a football game since Week 9 last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the long-term WR future for Seattle now (best guess)? Keep Harvin & Baldwin and let Rice walk? Er... limp away? Or do you see them letting both Baldwin and Rice go?

LOL. I can put him on the shelf next to Reggie Wayne and Mike Williams. When Roddy White is your healthiest receiver, you know you are in trouble.

This makes the Seahawks decision next year a lot easier.
I think it makes it more likely that Rice returns to Seattle at a reduced price.
I'm not sure a reduced price mitigates the risks with Rice...
I don't disagree, but before the injury I think it was a guarantee that he wouldn't be a Seahawk next year. Now I can easily imagine a scenario where he stays in Seattle. He knows the system and from I can tell is welcome in the locker room.

I think it makes it more likely that Rice returns to Seattle at a reduced price.
I don't disagree, but before the injury I think it was a guarantee that he wouldn't be a Seahawk next year. Now I can easily imagine a scenario where he stays in Seattle. He knows the system and from I can tell is welcome in the locker room.
Super interesting perspective. You don't think Percy, Tate, Baldwin, and kearse is enough?

Super interesting perspective. You don't think Percy, Tate, Baldwin, and kearse is enough?
Tate is a UFA after this season, and I seriously doubt they would consider franchising him, so there is no guarantee he will be back.

And Baldwin is a RFA. It's likely he'll be back but not 100% certain.

Guy is made of glass. Would have liked to see his career had he stayed healthy.

Hopefully Hopkins can stay healthy.

I assume they will address the position in next year's draft. As was just mentioned above, Tate and Baldwin have free agency issues. I suspect that Baldwin will be back, but I have my doubts about Tate. Signing Rice at a lower price just makes sense at this moment. That said, we can be sure the Seattle receiver position will be in serious flux during the offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread