What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Signed Up For The 3-Year Deal (1 Viewer)

EbTide73

Footballguy
Hey you FBG Homers. I got the trophy on the rack, the banners on the wall and the bragging rights again for the fourth straight season. I got there with the help of FGB.

I say I got the help because there is a lot that you have to do as well. But I am not going to have to create from scratch the Value Based Drafting formulas. All I have to do is plug in my own numbers, pick my own sleepers and develop my own strategy for drafting come the big day.

If you haven't subscribbed, you should. If you are in my leagues, stay away. :boxing:

Thanks FGB for all you do and I am glad to pay you to keep doing it! :thumbup:

while i feel no need to boast about my supposed fantasy football success, i am now a 3 yr subscriber as well. more money for the dodds poker bankroll.

while i feel no need to boast about my supposed fantasy football success, i am now a 3 yr subscriber as well. more money for the dodds poker bankroll.
Not bragging Shaq...simply giving credibility to the info that FBG.com puts out. I finished second in another league and third in another. But I was in the hunt and that is what matters. :football:

Thanks for the kind words everyone,

I thought I would post what we are doing with the 3 year deal here:

For a limited time, we are offering 3 year memberships. Our strategy is to sell about 5,000 of these and generate $300,000 in cash.

With this money, we have a slew of things planned:

- Full redesign of the website (won't be seen until 2007)

- Another big upgrade of the message boards

- A major acquisiton (will be announced shortly)

- Full launch of shirts, hats, coffee mugs, baby bibs, panties, etc

- Increased circulation of the FBG magazine

- Launching a weekly podcast effort

- Increasing the payout of the subscriber contest (details soon)

- Adding an end of year playoff contest

- Year around News Blogger; Increased shifts in August during camps

- Increased IDP and Dynasty coverage

- Increased Emphasis on Real-Time features and Updates

- Increased database integration

- A series of articles how to get the most out of your subscription by leveraging the sites tools (Player Pages, Draft Dominator, LineUp Dominator, Data Dominator, Schedule Strength, etc)

- One click projection updates for Dominator

- Multiple Dominator projection choices (Dodds, Wood, Henry, Average) to allow a user more control and more variability in drafts / mocks.

- Increased radio exposure

- Major marketing campaign for the website

Last edited by a moderator:

For a limited time, we are offering 3 year memberships. Our strategy is to sell about 5,000 of these and generate $300,000 in cash.

- A series of articles how to get the most out of your subscriptiob by leveraging the sites tools (Player Pages, Draft Dominator, LineUp Dominator, Data Dominator, Schedule Strength, etc)

- Multiple Dominator projection choices (Dodds, Wood, Henry, Average) to allow a user more control and more variability in drafts / mocks.

:mellow: panties?

Emboidered Victoria Secrets (Thongs) with a Black-eyed Joe front and center. Every girlfriend or wife needs a pair.
Crap I just went with the one year plan just in case I decide to hang up my fantasy pencil for good next year (one in 2,324,766,098 chance). PM me for future charity operations in this vein and I’ll apply lessons learned to my tax base as applicable.

- A series of articles how to get the most out of your subscription by leveraging the sites tools (Player Pages, Draft Dominator, LineUp Dominator, Data Dominator, Schedule Strength, etc)

- Major marketing campaign for the website :rant:
Love you guys and the site....and this is definitely a business that is trying to make money, but knowing that everyone may soon know of Footballguys.com makes me want to :banned: !E

What IS the deal on the 3-year membership?

I know the 1-year deal is $20.95. Is there a discount for the 3-year?

$20.95 now....then I think it goes up to $25.95. The 3 year deal was $60 so $20 a year, is pretty good, considering I always forget to renew subscriptions and such.......now I don't have to worry about it until 2009

$20.95 now....then I think it goes up to $25.95. The 3 year deal was $60 so $20 a year, is pretty good, considering I always forget to renew subscriptions and such.......now I don't have to worry about it until 2009
It is also a locked in rate (or average of 20) for those 3 years.....who says that they wont bump the early bird to $23 or so next year.E

Jokes on us when in July, Dodds and Bryant shut down the site, cash out and flee to Tijuana. :kicksrock:
Shick! wouldn't let it happen. Or would he....??? :hot:

We can always go to that new NFL World site. They have like six members now and the conversation is stimulating. :X

OK, please help me out here. :wall:

Trying to re-up and the site keeps telling me my username is already in use, and I should log in... so I log in and go to re-up again... same deal.

Is there a place where logged-in members can buy a sub, and if so, where's it at?

:confused:

Got my three year. I used to be a memeber at another site but I was not to happy with it on the second year. So I started looking around and found FBG and now I am hooked. You have a great staff and good members. The message board is getting better with all of the activity of the members.

Trying to re-up and the site keeps telling me my username is already in use, and I should log in... so I log in and go to re-up again... same deal.

Is there a place where logged-in members can buy a sub, and if so, where's it at?

You log into the site and click on the link on the home page and it will bring you to a paypal screen.

Jokes on us when in July, Dodds and Bryant shut down the site, cash out and flee to Tijuana. :kicksrock:
Not a chance. When we open on April 24th, we will have more words explaining the details of the 3 year membership. You will actually be able to cancel after 1 or 2 years and get $40 or $20 back. This would also trigger if we sold the site and the buyer would not recognize these subscriptions.But like I said, hell is more likely to freeze over before Joe or I walked away from this company. We are both having too much fun with it.

You log into the site and click on the link on the home page and it will bring you to a paypal screen.
(Edit) Got it. There is a teeny little log-in link on the signup page.

Really not trying to be dense, but...I log in and it takes me to this page:

Subscriber's Area

Congratulations! You have successfully logged into the premium area of Footballguys.com.

I click "home," and I see this:

The Latest...

• 2006 Subscriptions (3/30)

Earlybird price of $20.95 will last until May 15th. We are also offering a 3 year option for a limited time. Normal subscription will be $25.95 after May 16th. Full details coming on April 24th.

I click that link and it takes me to the signup page, I'm asked to enter name, e-mail, etc., and the whole cycle starts over again. :wall: :wall:
I believe your account here is completely different than the paid subscription site. I just put in info like I'd never been there before because my user name there was different. :shrug:

Not a chance. When we open on April 24th, we will have more words explaining the details of the 3 year membership. You will actually be able to cancel after 1 or 2 years and get $40 or $20 back. This would also trigger if we sold the site and the buyer would not recognize these subscriptions.But like I said, hell is more likely to freeze over before Joe or I walked away from this company. We are both having too much fun with it.
:shock: Lets raise 300k, sell the site, THEN bolt for Tijuana.

:P

This would also trigger if we sold the site and the buyer would not recognize these subscriptions.
:shock:
My biggest fear is FBG selling out to Fanball... it would actually be a great marriage of good content + games & league hosting, but those guys are such tools. Trust me on this one.

- Increased radio exposure- Major marketing campaign for the website
Uh oh.I don't see this on the list:- Increased server capacityI've got a bad feeling about this.... :tfp:

Hey you FBG Homers. I got the trophy on the rack, the banners on the wall and the bragging rights again for the fourth straight season. I got there with the help of FGB.

I say I got the help because there is a lot that you have to do as well. But I am not going to have to create from scratch the Value Based Drafting formulas. All I have to do is plug in my own numbers, pick my own sleepers and develop my own strategy for drafting come the big day.

If you haven't subscribbed, you should. If you are in my leagues, stay away. :boxing:

Thanks FGB for all you do and I am glad to pay you to keep doing it! :thumbup:
Could this be a shameless plug from a Joe Bryant alias? ;) JK... I'm a long-time subscriber and I'll be throwing my hard earned cash at a 3 yr subscription as well. Keep up the good work guys!

When you type in your username and password, you may get an error in red at the top. Underneath there, it should say "click here to login". By clicking that link, you should get logged in and be allowed to purchase the new subscription from a drop down list.

This would also trigger if we sold the site and the buyer would not recognize these subscriptions.
:shock:
My biggest fear is FBG selling out to Fanball... it would actually be a great marriage of good content + games & league hosting, but those guys are such tools. Trust me on this one.
Fanball recently sold to someone else.

I overlooked that in the post. We are on 5 robust servers now. We are adding two servers (subscription and Blogger) to keep pace of demand.

So we will have these dedicated Dual Xeon boxes:

Message Board Server

Message Board SQL Server

Main Server

Supscription Server

Contest Server

Blogger Server

Lyris Mail Server

Some we will be boosting the memory up to 4 GB.

After reading this post, I had to sign up for the 3 year deal. It's great to get a glimpse of the future of this website. I'm always impressed when the FBG staff come out with a new tool or feature that immediately impact the way I approach the draft, WW, trades, etc. This site provides a ton of information throughout the NFL season, but it's so well organized that its usually pretty easy to find exactly what you're looking for. The free message boards are a great source of information (especially during the offseason), but if you haven't signed up for the premium info that members get, you're missing a lot of quality, and timely information that will keep you in contention for the title each and every year.

:2cents:

Awesome -- it just keeps getting better!

I am going to do the 3-year deal, but I'm running into a snag, which was mentioned above. I'm logged in, but it keeps asking me to pick a username and password. Do I put in the one I've been using for years, or do I need to make a new one?

I am going to do the 3-year deal, but I'm running into a snag, which was mentioned above. I'm logged in, but it keeps asking me to pick a username and password. Do I put in the one I've been using for years, or do I need to make a new one?
I was having the same problem, and could find a way around it, I couldn't find my member info either.What I did was went to the new sign in, entered my username there, it says it is used by someone else, if this is you click here for member login in, when I did that it took me to the renewal page.

If you are renewing, please try this link.

I don't see your 50 bucks putting much dent in Dodds' 100k+ bankroll either way.

I am in for 3 yrs as well. Cannot wait to see the outcome of the list David put up. Best money I will spend all month.

Thanks again Joe, David, and the rest of the gang

Hey you FBG Homers.  I got the trophy on the rack, the banners on the wall and the bragging rights again for the fourth straight season.  I got there with the help of FGB. 

I say I got the help because there is a lot that you have to do as well.  But I am not going to have to create from scratch the Value Based Drafting formulas.  All I have to do is plug in my own numbers, pick my own sleepers and develop my own strategy for drafting come the big day.

If you haven't subscribbed, you should.  If you are in my leagues, stay away. :boxing:

Thanks FGB for all you do and I am glad to pay you to keep doing it!  :thumbup:
Could this be a shameless plug from a Joe Bryant alias? ;) JK... I'm a long-time subscriber and I'll be throwing my hard earned cash at a 3 yr subscription as well. Keep up the good work guys!
I wish I was Joe Bryant! But alsa, I am just a football junkie like you. There is Football season and getting ready for football season and that is life. Now....if Joe wants to throw a t-shirt my way for the shamless plug....... :D

I just renewed for 3 years :thumbup:

Quick question. Regarding the $15 MFL discount, can we only use that on one league or multiple leagues? Also, we get discounts the next two years as well?

If you are renewing, please try this link.
Thanks -- that did the trick, I'm in for 3!

Users who are viewing this thread