What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series (3 Viewers)

Loving this show. Obviously has a very "Social Network" feel, with the added bonus of some good comedy.

Wish they were 1 hour episodes though <_<

The guy taking boomers and writing Pied Piper and its phone number in crap all over the port-o-john before stealing the mexican kid was pretty much gold at the end of the episode

They nailed the zeitgeist of 2014 silicon valley. Not sure what the long term prognosis is for this show however. The peter thiel character passed away from lung cancer so not sure how they will replace him.

Like I said previously hard to root for the main character. Seems like a dolt. Was highlighted even moreso this episode with the whole Pied Piper naming storyline. He brings nothing to the table. Your lead character can't be the weak spot.

T.J. Miller, the mushroom-eating guy, is good in everything he does especially She's Out of My League. The guy playing Paul Gregory is really good too.

Like I said previously hard to root for the main character. Seems like a dolt. Was highlighted even moreso this episode with the whole Pied Piper naming storyline. He brings nothing to the table. Your lead character can't be the weak spot.

T.J. Miller, the mushroom-eating guy, is good in everything he does especially She's Out of My League. The guy playing Paul Gregory is really good too.
Not every protagonist on TV has a square jaw and bangs a myriad of beautiful women.

Not every protagonist on TV has a square jaw and bangs a myriad of beautiful women.
You need to bring some charisma to the table. Jay Baruchel, from previously mentioned She's out of My League, would have been perfect for this role.

You need to bring some charisma to the table. Jay Baruchel, from previously mentioned She's out of My League, would have been perfect for this role.
Plenty of Big Bang episodes out there if you want to watch "nerds" who don't really act like nerds.

Plenty of Big Bang episodes out there if you want to watch "nerds" who don't really act like nerds.
Real nerds are not that interesting for more then a 90min doc.

Real nerds are not that interesting for more then a 90min doc.
Then maybe this show isn't for you? SV gets it pretty close.

this show is flipping hilarious. that dude tripping out with all the different logos dancing around him and then crashing to the ground was money.

Evilgrin 72 said:
The Gavin Belson hologram scene had me dying. The garage door murals too. So good.
I laughed harder at that scene than anything I have seen since Eastbound and Down. Great show, is it only 8 episodes? That seems tiny for a half hour comedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Evilgrin 72 said:
The Gavin Belson hologram scene had me dying. The garage door murals too. So good.
I laughed harder at that scene than anything I have seen since Eastbound and Down. Great show, is it only 8 episodes? That seems tiny for a half hour comedy
#### you audio is working! Audio worked a hundred years ago!

They nailed the zeitgeist of 2014 silicon valley. Not sure what the long term prognosis is for this show however. The peter thiel character passed away from lung cancer so not sure how they will replace him.
wow, i just googled this and that guy really looks pretty good on the show.. that must have been a pretty quick descent to dead.

I've been watching this show.. and I'll probably finish it since there are only 8 episodes in total... it's been like a 6/10 show for me

wow, i just googled this and that guy really looks pretty good on the show.. that must have been a pretty quick descent to dead.

I've been watching this show.. and I'll probably finish it since there are only 8 episodes in total... it's been like a 6/10 show for me
You're a 6/10 poster for me.

TJ Miller is unbelievably perfect for this role. He literally plays the same person he is on Podcasts and the things he has done till now. All his throwaway lines are great such as "However angry he is I am 1/10 as angry" and then he explains it. lol

My only gripe is fat Sammy Hagar, just can't stand the guy. But overall, lots of great one-liners and a solid comedy. The garage door murals = :lmao:

i consider that a compliment!

Without being totally insensitive, If they find a decent replacement character, they can kill him on the show and have a whole new antagnoist/new storylines for season 2...

We rounding up?

Sucks to hear about Christopher Evan Welch. Awesome character and just generally sucky to go so young like that.

Pied Piper's website is up with the new logo:

http://www.piedpiper.com/#hello
:thumbup:

The bios for Erlich and Gilfoyle are awesome:

ERLICH BACHMANN

“El Peludo”/”The J-2000: Steve Jobs 2.0”

Noted Silicon Valley entrepreneur and bon vivant Erlich Bachmann has founded both Palo Alto’s Hacker Hostel incubator (allowed to reopen by the Sheriff’s Department in 2011) and the airline booking aggregator Aviato, acquired by a major airline in 2008 for low seven figures. That’s right. Seven. Figures. He is also a pioneer in the field of crossbreeding Cannabis Sativa with those ofPsylocybe Cubensis, with the goal of producing customizable hallucinations, possibly recreating famous scenes from film and television. Has attended, for various lengths of time, Berkeley, Reed, Oberlin, and Hampshire College (B.A. in Ultimate Frisbee).
(BERTRAM) GILFOYLE

“The Eye of Sauron”

Systems Architect

McGill. MIT. EFF. 666Chan.

In 2011 he replaced the homepage of the Federal Reserve with the cover of Neil Gaiman’s “Neverwhere.” (paperback edition) It took them a week to get it down. You’re welcome.

Gilfoyle has played drums in a series of Toronto-area first-wave-DC-influenced hardcore, thrashcore, hatecore, corecore, and corehard outfits under the name Strychnine McTwat. In fact, he has been asked to leave some of the most influential bands in the Toronto scene, including Piss Nazis, the Scumtones, and Das Abortions. He was about to sign a high three-figure deal with EbolaTard Records, when the company’s president was arrested, and the company’s office was impounded, after drugs were found in its door panels during a traffic stop.

Mike Judge discussed it this morning on Howard Stern. The guy had some cancer which he had licked but had a surprise heart attack, maybe due to the effects of the chemo. Anyway, as far as the show goes he said they just had to write around it. It won't affect the future of the show.

TJ Miller is unbelievably perfect for this role. He literally plays the same person he is on Podcasts and the things he has done till now. All his throwaway lines are great such as "However angry he is I am 1/10 as angry" and then he explains it. lol
The show has a lot going for it, and Miller is at the top of that list.

Watched eps 3,4,5 last night. It just gets better. So funny and right on the mark.

It hits the tech industry so well. Exactly how people act in software companies. The only exaggerations are Gavin and Peter Gregory but those aren't far off and the exaggerations are hilarious. Lots of inside software jokes. I love how Jared said Scrum is going to solve everything. Although what they showed was more Kanban. :nerd:

Liking it at least as much as Office Space and that's a top 5 comedy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread