What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series (1 Viewer)

JARED (DONALD) DUNN

“The Andrea Dworkin of Building Long-Term Value”

Head of Business Development

Jared’s early life is best passed over, but he managed to rise above it thanks to a series of largely well-meaning foster parents, and went on to receive a B.A. from Vassar College in Economics. During those too-soon-over happiest of years, he was proud to sing second alto with the “Joyce Carol Notes A Capella Confrontation.“ At Vassar he was also coxswain for Women’s Heavyweight Crew, writer and assistant stage manager of the opera “American HerStory XX,” and co-founder of Take Back “Take Back the Night.” After graduation, he worked for Google and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi before becoming a a director of special projects at Hooli, working closely with CEO Gavin Belson, before moving to Pied Piper in 2014.
That's gold right there

UniAlias said:
Erlich slapping the kid had me laughing pretty hard. Especially liked the curb stomp threat afterwards. :lmao:
Dude is money. Just an awesome character.

Him surfacing in the pool like it was 1980s Obsession TV spot was hilarious.

UniAlias said:
Erlich slapping the kid had me laughing pretty hard. Especially liked the curb stomp threat afterwards. :lmao:
You brought piss to a #### fight!
Great line. I was rolling.

I love this show but there were a few things in this ep that were kind of meh. The way they handled hacker kid being a fraud was silly. He just randomly screws everything up all the time? They didn't have source control? :nerd: They mentioned github earlier

Jared's plight didn't do much for me either.

i'm not really sure where this show is going, but it's just entertaining enough to finish out the 8 episode arch.

Erlich slapping the kid was actually one of the darkest things I've ever seen in any TV show. Think about it. We've seen kids get slapped in dramas, but I cannot think of another comedy on TV where something like this has ever happened.

Dentist said:
i'm not really sure where this show is going, but it's just entertaining enough to finish out the 8 episode arch.
More or less how I feel. If it gets season 2 I'll watch. That said it's not a top 10 HBO show and I'm ok with that.

Erlich slapping the kid was actually one of the darkest things I've ever seen in any TV show. Think about it. We've seen kids get slapped in dramas, but I cannot think of another comedy on TV where something like this has ever happened.
And it wasn't just a slap, it was a hard core punch slap. It reinforced how greedy and shallow Erlich is, and it was hilarious.

And it wasn't just a slap, it was a hard core punch slap. It reinforced how greedy and shallow Erlich is, and it was hilarious.
Mrs. Dogg nailed it: this guy is Al Swearengen.

Homer has been shown slapping and beating Bart or other kids to comedic delight

wat

wat
Swearengen was a complex character.

He had very few morals and was prone to violence, but he was also capable of being very protective and kind at times.

wat
Swearengen was a complex character.

He had very few morals and was prone to violence, but he was also capable of being very protective and kind at times.
This is weird.

About the only thing they have in common is they both have facial hair and are on HBO.

Just watched all six episodes so far. This show is a riot. I died when they unveiled the original company logo on the garage door.

I want to like the show, but the main character is ####### stupid.
Quite the contrary.
Three pages and no one digging the main character. He's the weak spot in the show. Hard to buy a potential romance with the chick. With Gregory gone they really need to hit a homerun with the casting. I'd go with someone who could play Gregory's dad. Inherits the business. Crusty old dude who knows nothing of the tech world and they can play off of that.

Users who are viewing this thread