What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sirius NFL Radio Says Favre Returning (1 Viewer)

elpasotexan

Footballguy
He wants to beat the Saints. Al Jones is a local beat writer and his publicist. Also says he had a great year but could have been better. So . . here we go again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there ever a question?

The first two times he retired, he made the announcement right away. This year he has said nothing. That tells me that he will play this year even more so than the ankle surgery and part of me thinks Childress and the Vikings already know this but aren't going to say anything for the sake of training camp.

Was there ever a question?The first two times he retired, he made the announcement right away. This year he has said nothing. That tells me that he will play this year even more so than the ankle surgery and part of me thinks Childress and the Vikings already know this but aren't going to say anything for the sake of training camp.
:shrug: Vikes already have enough trouble in some players not attending minicamp (i.e. Peterson), so they don't need to give those same players more of an excuse to not attend training camp by saying "Farve's coming back, but he's going to relax at home while you all slave here in training camp." I can't wait to see him back out there though!

I think the fact that they passed in the draft on any legit QB said alot about where they knew Favre stood. Not real happy they passed on Colt or Clausen since they both slipped and there doesn't seem to be a starter on the roster after Favre. I dont see Tjax as the answer after next season. Unless Favre thinks he can out last George Blanda, then heck were set for a few more years.

Favre returning isn't news anymore. The guy will still be playing when my 11 year old granddaughter graduates from college.

I don't think the veterans in the Vikings care if Brett doesn't show up for camp until week 3 of the pre season. That's basically the same thing he did last year and he made it through the year. Training camp isn't needed for a man his age

I don't think the veterans in the Vikings care if Brett doesn't show up for camp until week 3 of the pre season. That's basically the same thing he did last year and he made it through the year. Training camp isn't needed for a man his age
very :popcorn: The Viking players and fans don't care if Favre doesn't show up until week 1. It's the Favre haters that get all upset about Favre missing training camp.

........Vikes already have enough trouble in some players not attending minicamp (i.e. Peterson).......
Even that isn't really true, and it's for the most part Siefert being the same d-bag Nancy Drew wanna be for ESPN. Sure Chilli acts mad for the media every year when someone skips minicamp for any reason, but it's not like we've never seen ESPN blowing up nothing into something because they have nothing better to report :confused: Granted AD may be disapointed with his rookie deal, but he isn't making a big deal about it like the media is speculating. Now they're saying that he may be upset over the nfl network special they had on him and RB coach EB. If Siefert was a real insider, then he would know that what we actually saw was a tame version of Coach Bieniemy. Nothing to see here.

Last year I felt like, to get a feel for his teammates, El Favro should go to camp. This year, a year under his belt with these guys and the success he had last season sans TC... well I just don't think he needs to go. It'd be nice if he were around but as long as the team (including staff and players) don't care, shouldn't be a big deal.

very :goodposting: The Viking players and fans don't care if Favre doesn't show up until week 1. It's the Favre haters that get all upset about Favre missing training camp.
I remeber there was an interview, this offseason, with some player(s) of the Vikings and they were asked about Favre attending training camp if he wanted to play this year. The response was an emphatical "no". That he had earned the right to skip after many years playing at a high level, and that it didn't phase the players.

Gopher State said:
very :confused: The Viking players and fans don't care if Favre doesn't show up until week 1. It's the Favre haters that get all upset about Favre missing training camp.
Maybe if he went to camp he would learn the basics. Like don't throw across the field when rolling out to the opposite side when a FG wins the game.

He still hasn't made up his mind.

''Hell, I want to know," Favre told buddy Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald. "But I am not going to press it. If I do not play, it does not cost the Vikings a dime. They keep the $13 million. I know they have confidence in the players they have. They had a chance to draft [Jimmy] Clausen in the first round, but they didn't want one."
"I do not want to stir the pot. If it [comment] comes from me, it's a big deal," Favre said. "At my age, all surgeries are major. The three I've had on the same ankle were considered minor, but major to me. It feels fine now. If my body was a wreck, the decision would be made. But that is not the case. I know they [Vikings] want to know."
Since Favre is such a straight shooter, we know this is the gospel truth. He just doesn't know! This along with the Southern Miss college baseball team failing to make the college world series, and I'd say there's plenty of doubt. :unsure: :rolleyes:

His getting surgery meant he's playing.

He'll make up his mind the 3rd pre season game I figure.

He doesnt want to go thru training camp. He will play, always was gonna. End of story. This will be an increasingly popular trend...holding out/retiring till after camp until nfl coaches crack down but I dont know how.

Good. I want the Packers to get another couple shots at him.
How'd that go for you last year? :bye: Be careful what you wish for.
We played too early last year. Capers played way too conservatively. They'll get a few shots now that the Saints showed how to do it-

"the QB goes down and he goes down hard"

Al Davis
HIGHLY doubt any team gets the kind of leniency againt a QB the refs gave the Saints against Favre this year. Not complainin, just sayin.

cr8f said:
Good. I want the Packers to get another couple shots at him.
How'd that go for you last year? :lmao: Be careful what you wish for.
We played too early last year. Capers played way too conservatively. They'll get a few shots now that the Saints showed how to do it-"the QB goes down and he goes down hard"Al Davis
So let me get this straight, this year The Pack is going to hope for a 5-1 turnover ratio and a few calls, or lack of going their way at the right time to eek out a narrow win in OT??? :yes: Unless some guys REALLY step up in the D-secondary I just don't see it. Al may not be there and if he is I doubt he'll be 100% and they're going to start some third round rook at safety because of the troubles with Bigbi? Good times. It's the same old Packer D story. They can be dominant against mediocre teams with limited offensive options, but just get shredded by balanced teams with multiple threats......The Cards showed us that. :popcorn:

My prediction

Farve plays (not a big surpise) BUT I see a major drop off. I gambler like Farve gets away with what he does due to a cannon arm squeezing in throws. Last year was the miracle year in that nagging injuries (almost a certainty with older players) didn't impact him. They will this year. That will have an impact on INT's, completion % and ultimately overall effectiveness. I see Farve playing 10 games with 20 int's. He will be a week to week nightmare as his good games/bad games will be ugh to predict.

On top of this, I'm not sure Farve can mentally deal with struggling especially with aches and pains nagging him too. I give him a 10-15% chance of retiring during the season.

Not a bad backup QB, but I would have a 3rd QB. If he is in your QBBC, plan on your other QB being your #1 most of the year. If he is your #1 QB...at least you will get a high draft pick in 2011.

I am so far ahead of my time that even I am sometimes amazed. What I have been saying for about 5 years now on why Favre returns year after year:

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre could play two more seasons. Favre is looking to extend the years it will take Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning to break Favre’s passing records.

Users who are viewing this thread