What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slaton waived (1 Viewer)

Rotoworlds: blurb

Texans waive RB Steve Slaton.

The poster boy for valuing stats over talent in Dynasty leagues, Slaton was always best suited for a passing-down role. His neck surgery, an inability to hang on to the ball, and the acquisition of more talented backs also played a role in his banishment. The Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein noted that Slaton also lacked confidence in himself "as it pertains to cutbacks" in the Texans offense. The Cardinals, with Alfonso Smith and Chester Taylor backing up Beanie Wells, may be interested.

--------

I would think this is a pretty big indicator that foster is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was basically 4th in the pecking order anyways, when Ward is healthy.

But ya, basically confirms that Foster is ready to roll.

Chris Ogbonnaya was brought up from the practice squad so the pure numbers remain the same at running back.

Slaton was lucky to make the final roster and didn't look very good in his limited carries this past weekend (4 for 8 yards.) I was surprised Ogbonnaya wasn't kept over him when they made the final cuts to be honest.

I have him in a dynasty and I would hope for the following:

1. Arizona

2. Tampa Bay

3. Kansas City

4. Jacksonville

5. Denver

6. St Louis

As a Texans fan, I'm glad they finally cut his sorry ###. Now they just need to wise up and fire Kubiak. I assume this will happen at season's end.

Miami has to be a possible landing spot. When you're dusting off the corpse of Larry Johnson, you have RB issues. Reggie Bush is who we thought he was.

Rotoworlds: blurb

Texans waive RB Steve Slaton.

The poster boy for valuing stats over talent in Dynasty leagues, Slaton was always best suited for a passing-down role. His neck surgery, an inability to hang on to the ball, and the acquisition of more talented backs also played a role in his banishment. The Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein noted that Slaton also lacked confidence in himself "as it pertains to cutbacks" in the Texans offense. The Cardinals, with Alfonso Smith and Chester Taylor backing up Beanie Wells, may be interested.

--------

I would think this is a pretty big indicator that foster is ready.
The bolded... they drafted Ben Tate in the 2nd for a reason last year. They just got lucky that Arian was as talented as he was towards the end of the '09 season.

Slaton is the only back Ive ever seen that who now runs slower than he used to walk. He was lightning quick and lost it

Slaton is the only back Ive ever seen that who now runs slower than he used to walk. He was lightning quick and lost it
Slaton had elite speed in college and as a rookie. Then he bulked up to try and be a feature RB in his 2nd season, lost his burst, had a severe case of fumbilitis, and then the neck injury.I don't blame people who took him in dynasty. Even if he was best suited as a 3rd down RB, he had the look of a budding star before he his quick and sudden fall.

Slaton was lucky to make the final roster and didn't look very good in his limited carries this past weekend (4 for 8 yards.) I was surprised Ogbonnaya wasn't kept over him when they made the final cuts to be honest.
I wonder if this was more about keeping Ogbonnaya than releasing Slaton. He looked pretty good in the preseason. With the recent injury to Charles and the pending suspension of Benson, there are a few teams who might have poached him off of their practice squad.

I wonder if this was more about keeping Ogbonnaya than releasing Slaton. He looked pretty good in the preseason. With the recent injury to Charles and the pending suspension of Benson, there are a few teams who might have poached him off of their practice squad.
Good observation. I was surprised they kept Slaton on the roster as well. Timely correction made by the Texan brass here.

Wonder if this hurts Daniel Thomas' value moving forward? I would assume that Bush's value is gone already.

Slaton is a #1 RB's best friend right now.

They'll always be someone as the #2/#3 RB, and if it has to be anyone where I owned the #1 on the depth chart; I'd want it to be Slaton.

Users who are viewing this thread