What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleepers in IDP (1 Viewer)

Janus3

Footballguy
please don't bash me if this has been posted. first off let me explain my situation. i'm in a 20 team league and the majority are pretty smart. what i'm looking for are some sleepers. i've read threads and have seen these names mentioned.GreenwoodWatsonThurmanPlease name anymore, even if you think they might be ranked higher on most charts i.e. Gibril Wilson, Hartwell, Farrior, Mike Brown, etc. thanks in advance and again sorry if this has been posted.

As a Raider fan, here's an interesting thought:If your league still recognizes Tyler Brayton as a DE, he could be a steal. He's playing LB full time, and should have significant more tackles than most DE's. Just a thought.

As a Raider fan, here's an interesting thought:

If your league still recognizes Tyler Brayton as a DE, he could be a steal. He's playing LB full time, and should have significant more tackles than most DE's. Just a thought.
i'm in a yahoo league, dl/d/db posisiton. basically i'm stocking up on LB's anyways.

please don't bash me if this has been posted. first off let me explain my situation. i'm in a 20 team league and the majority are pretty smart. what i'm looking for are some sleepers. i've read threads and have seen these names mentioned.

Greenwood

Watson

Thurman

Please name anymore, even if you think they might be ranked higher on most charts i.e. Gibril Wilson, Hartwell, Farrior, Mike Brown, etc. thanks in advance and again sorry if this has been posted.
If your a paid customer, I would suggest the IDP Sleepers article penned by Baker, Rudnicki and Magaw. The amount of info on IDP's in the subscriber section will guarantee that no one else in your league is more prepared than you. That stuff alone is worth more than the subscription fee.

If your a paid customer, I would suggest the IDP Sleepers article penned by Baker, Rudnicki and Magaw. The amount of info on IDP's in the subscriber section will guarantee that no one else in your league is more prepared than you. That stuff alone is worth more than the subscription fee.
:goodposting: If you REALLY want to get the best info on sleepers, this comes out after the season has started. That's when players start creeping up, actual playing time is being handed out and injuries are creating new opportunities.

Subscribe and read John Norton's Eye of the Guru every week. You'll crush your league on the IDP waiver wire. Guaranteed.

LOLNot one of those "sleepers" are available on the WW in our league.

If you're in a start 5 IDP league, the article is certainly valuable. If you start 11, it's an interesting read but not much help.

I suggest reading those two gigantic Eye articles covering the entire league with a quick fantasy synopsis for every player worthy of fantasy consideration.Here's one at each position that I think might have been overlooked:Grant WistromBen TaylorMarlin Jackson

If your a paid customer, I would suggest the IDP Sleepers article penned by Baker, Rudnicki and Magaw.  The amount of info on IDP's in the subscriber section will guarantee that no one else in your league is more prepared than you.  That stuff alone is worth more than the subscription fee.
LOLNot one of those "sleepers" are available on the WW in our league.

If you're in a start 5 IDP league, the article is certainly valuable. If you start 11, it's an interesting read but not much help.
Not necessarily on the WW, but some could have disappointed the past year or two so could be had for a bargain trade wise.

We discussed that article before writing it (FYI, we each wrote on about 10 guys). "Sleepers" tends to be guys who are undervalued, but usually owned in leagues."Deep sleepers" would be another article entirely and would encompass the types of players few own.We obviously just wrote about the former.

We discussed that article before writing it (FYI, we each wrote on about 10 guys). "Sleepers" tends to be guys who are undervalued, but usually owned in leagues.

"Deep sleepers" would be another article entirely and would encompass the types of players few own.

We obviously just wrote about the former.
Allow me to rephrase, since I didn't mean my remark as a slam (as you well know, GL, but others might misinterpret).As far as sleepers go, I'd like to see some analysis on guys who might be available in leagues that require a greater number of starters - guys like Rhodes, Celestin, CC Brown, G Irons, etc. - who might actually be impact FF players coming out of apparent nowhere.

I alwys read the threads with great interest particularly if they mention someone that I'm not remotely familiar with, but I don't see some of these guys coming until they do appear in a thread.

In the meantime, keep up the great work.

:thumbup:

I picked up DE Carlos Hall recently.I do not know much about him and would love if anyone has any information about him. He has not done anything special in the preseason. He had .5 sack in the last game. But he appears to be competing for the RDE spot.He played his 1st 3 years in the league as a backup DE for the Titans.His stats so far:Year Tackles Assists Sacks Pass Defensed Forced Fumbles2002 26 16 8 6 12003 29 8 3 0 02004 26 15 2.5 1 0Now he had a decent 1st year as a situational pass rusher it appears but then has not done much in rotation since.KC has picked him up now and I wonder.. just wonder if maybe he can return to 2002 numbers or better?Anyone have some thoughts on him?I wonder

Vermeil has mentioned a few times already how disappointed he is with the play of Carlos Hall. I wouldn't expect anything at all out of him.

Hall is someone who continually disappoints from what I've heard. I've never owned him, so I haven't tracked him as carefully as some others probably have.

As far as sleepers go, I'd like to see some analysis on guys who might be available in leagues that require a greater number of starters - guys like Rhodes, Celestin, CC Brown, G Irons, etc. - who might actually be impact FF players coming out of apparent nowhere.
Scratch G Irons and insert Morrison. From PFW's "The Way We Hear It":

The Raiders are pleased with how easily rookie LB Kirk Morrison has picked up the defensive schemes in the preseason. Morrison figures to beat out Grant Irons for the strong-side job in Rob Ryan’s hybrid system, and he has been staying on the field in nickel and dime situations.
:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread