What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***SNF-Dallas at Minnesota*** (-3) O/U 51.5 Prescott-INACTIVE (1 Viewer)

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

and with a backup QB, on the road in a dome. Great tenacity and coaching. Well done.
Honestly, I think they might be the best team in the NFL. They did this without Dak, without Tyron Smith, and without Michael Gallup. The defense is not only decent, but good, and this is probably the best all around offense in the NFL. The only loss was a last second FG against TB. 

Visited Minneapolis as a kid and was in a gas station with my dad.  He was paying for something at the counter and a crusty old guy that just bought some cigarettes in front of him was pulling the plastic off the top of the pack.  After the top was off, he slid the larger bottom piece of plastic off the pack and held it up.  I looked at him as he asked me, "Do you know what this is?" I blankly stared and shook my head.  He said, "The Minnesota Vikings empty trophy case!"  Ah, good times.

Honestly, I think they might be the best team in the NFL. They did this without Dak, without Tyron Smith, and without Michael Gallup. The defense is not only decent, but good, and this is probably the best all around offense in the NFL. The only loss was a last second FG against TB. 
Without Lawrence also. Wait til him and Gregory are bookending this defense. 👊🏼

Without Lawrence also. Wait til him and Gregory are bookending this defense. 👊🏼
Great point, and the schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way. Raiders, Saints, and Cardinals are the only teams currently projected for the playoffs left.

Vikings coach staff is a clown car.

I feel stupider having watched that team misdirection their own offense into weakness for 58 minutes, play soft zone against a backup QB, and two 2 minute offenses that has less than 0% chance of going anywhere with use of timeouts and play calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you haven’t seen the cardinals or Rams play.

If I had to pick a favorite coaching head scratcher, it would be:

1st & 10 at MIN 19

(1:53 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Rush pass short left to N.Brown to MIN 12 for 7 yards (E.Kendricks; X.Woods) [E.Griffen].

2nd & 3 at MIN 12

(1:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Rush pass incomplete short left. PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 12 - No Play.

2nd & 13 at MIN 22

(1:11 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Rush pass short right to E.Elliott to MIN 25 for -3 yards (M.Alexander).

(1:04 - 4th) Timeout #2 by MIN at 01:04.

(1:04 - 4th) Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:18.
So, they let the clock run from 1:53 -> 1:18 when the cowboys were in the redzone, and then called (and lost) a second timeout on a stopped clock. I mean, you have to almost try to be that bad.  

Cousins really shows up small in prime time, the Vikings should have scored 30 last night, he didn't seem to want to challenge and get the ball down the field all night. He's got 3 pretty darn good Receivers, Conklin not bad, Cook can be deployed into screens and short catches for bigger gains, just nothing last night that Cousins did to kick start and get things rolling after about the 1st drive. Pitiful 

Cousins really shows up small in prime time, the Vikings should have scored 30 last night, he didn't seem to want to challenge and get the ball down the field all night. He's got 3 pretty darn good Receivers, Conklin not bad, Cook can be deployed into screens and short catches for bigger gains, just nothing last night that Cousins did to kick start and get things rolling after about the 1st drive. Pitiful 
I'm going to defend Cousins here. I think it is 95% play calling. They were running the same exact misdirection play over and over which resulted in isolating Cousins with un-fooled defenders. Not productive downs, which made drives unsalvageable. When this team has committed to a normal protect/downfield pass with all tree routes, Cousins has been great. For whatever reason, this 2021 team schemes into trouble and/or runs vanilla after 1st drive of the game. It refuses to employ a normal downfield pass attack unless it is 1st or last drive of the game.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread