What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2013 (1 Viewer)

just came back from the market here in MetroBoston. already in panic mode - like housewolves upon carrion do they shop, veggies already gone, bread almost.
Wife said it was the worst grocery experience she ever had, they were running out of pretty much everything. Checkout lines all the way back to the deli counter.
I've never understood this. Don't people have food in their houses? Jesus, enough for a few days?

The best thing about a pending blizzard is the local bar scene will be hopping. Heading out with my wife to this place around the corner.

I remember the first year I moved to DC we got 30" of snow which shut down the city for like a week. It was a rude awakening after several years in Florida.Good luck out there.

Surprised that Disney didn't threaten legal action for using "Nemo". Weather Channel is owned by Comcast/NBC.

Anyone else survive Blizzard of '78? 35 years ago this week...
that was the yr after i moved away. i remember it though because, even though i lived above 8000 ft in elevation in NM and there were as many subfreezing days there as back in Boston, the week of Da Blizzid was one of those beautiful SWern hints of spring and i adored callin me boyos that wk to let them know that i walked to the store for smokes in my t-shirt.Feb '72 was the one i remember, cuz i'd borrowed a car to go see my gf in Boxford when she said her folks would be gone for the the Washington's B'day (yeah, we had 2 President's Days back then) wkend. When i got there, they had decided not to go because of a coming storm. Stayed as late as they'd let me but it was coming down pretty good by then. I had one friend out that way, so i stopped in on him but he werent home, so i slept in the car. It snowed so much during the night that i couldnt open the car doors in the morning. I dug out the window and called the gf - had an excuse to stay a few days....
Just had an epiphanywikkidpissah = SWC?
NO!!!!

:thumbup: where in the manual does it say that an opinion forum can only have one rambling manic-depressive with punctuation difficulties, brodiculous?!
Nowhere. I consider you a different cat; a singular member of that wonderful genus of board poster -- awsome-us Nufcedicus. :thumbup:

Work is canceled today, I rushed to Stop and Shop at 6:00 a.m. Looks like I got there just in time, scored a box of Honey Combs and Corn Pops,

Weatherboy WeatherLike we see with localized summertime thunderstorms that can drop a half inch of rain in one town and nothing in the next, we will be seeing dramatic differences in snow totals over short distances from today's storm system.In the Philadelphia metro area, differences will be rather extreme. At the airport we expect around 4" while Bensalem and Croydon will be closer to 8". But within an 50 miles, there will be big differences: southeastern suburb Millville, NJ should see about an inch or two as will southwestern suburb Kennet Square, PA.In the New York City area, we expect the same to occur. We're expecting 12" at LaGuardia airport and nearly 8" more at Westchester County Airport, a relatively short distance away.In the Boston metro area, we expect around 16" at Logan Airport, but 25" near Foxboro and Mansfield.

No gas anywhere here. WTF? ITS A SNOWSTORM PEOPLE! WEVE HAD THEM BEFORE. STOP PANICKING AND FILLING UP YOUR HALF FILL HUMMER

just came back from the market here in MetroBoston. already in panic mode - like housewolves upon carrion do they shop, veggies already gone, bread almost.
Wife said it was the worst grocery experience she ever had, they were running out of pretty much everything. Checkout lines all the way back to the deli counter.
I've never understood this. Don't people have food in their houses? Jesus, enough for a few days?
Nor do I. The only thing I could see people doing (with power outages expected for long periods in some areas) is stocking up on water if they have a well and even that (if they are desperate) they could melt some of the multiple feet of snow that is outside. Seems easier than going to the grocery store. The people who crack me up are the ones who stock up on bread. There was no bread on the shelf except for a few hamburger and hot dog buns. So if we lose power people are just all of a sudden going to start mowing down slices of bread to survive?

No gas anywhere here. WTF? ITS A SNOWSTORM PEOPLE! WEVE HAD THEM BEFORE. STOP PANICKING AND FILLING UP YOUR HALF FILL HUMMER
But this is Nemo, the superstorm, lord of ice and wind, master of the subzero and the true god we must all now answer to.

Nor do I. The only thing I could see people doing (with power outages expected for long periods in some areas) is stocking up on water if they have a well and even that (if they are desperate) they could melt some of the multiple feet of snow that is outside. Seems easier than going to the grocery store. The people who crack me up are the ones who stock up on bread. There was no bread on the shelf except for a few hamburger and hot dog buns. So if we lose power people are just all of a sudden going to start mowing down slices of bread to survive?
Milk seems to be a popular item when we have TS or hurricane threats here. Buying perishable items when you're worried about losing power...genius!

Milk seems to be a popular item when we have TS or hurricane threats here. Buying perishable items when you're worried about losing power...genius!
I bought bread for my sandwiches and breakfast I plan on making. I bought milk because my son loves it. I buy food I think Im gonna need if Im stuck inside for 2 days (one day for the storm, one day for the cleanup). So thats 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners for my family. I dont buy food thinking we're gonna lose power. Plus if power is lost, you can always stick the milk in the snow banks

I bought bread for my sandwiches and breakfast I plan on making. I bought milk because my son loves it. I buy food I think Im gonna need if Im stuck inside for 2 days (one day for the storm, one day for the cleanup). So thats 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners for my family. I dont buy food thinking we're gonna lose power. Plus if power is lost, you can always stick the milk in the snow banks
Right. I'm talking about down here in the summertime. When we lose power it can be for days. Last one for me was 7 or 9 days, somewhere in there. Makes no sense to clear the shelves of perishables when you're expecting to lose power in the heat of the summer with no option to keep them cold. Bread I get. You can always make PBJ sandwiches if power is out.

Surprised that Disney didn't threaten legal action for using "Nemo". Weather Channel is owned by Comcast/NBC.
They should just to end this obnoxiousness. Some idiot at the Weather Channel just referred to Jim Cantore as "Can Man." Jesus. Do we need a separate thread for phrases that the Weather Channel needs to end immediately?

They should just to end this obnoxiousness. Some idiot at the Weather Channel just referred to Jim Cantore as "Can Man." Jesus. Do we need a separate thread for phrases that the Weather Channel needs to end immediately?
Did Jimmy flex? He's gotta hate it when it's cold and he has to wear a coat over his glorious pecs.

If we lose power that'll be a mess. It was freaking cold in here during the week without power after Sandy. This? What a disaster. Just hoping that if we lose power some relatives nearby do not...

I heard LIPA handed the keys over to National Grid. Not sure exactly what that means but its insane if true. Ill look for an articlehttp://www.longislandpress.com/2013/02/07/national-grid-to-lead-lipa-blizzard-response/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread