What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So Staff ... (1 Viewer)

ashlarx

Footballguy
Help us FBG Staff! MANY of us are debating who start between LT and Sproles - who's going to produce more? Show us what you've got!

:goodposting:

Yesterday, I said I would start LT over Sproles but as of tonight, I'd go with Sproles.

On Monday NFL Countdown, they mentioned that Sproles will not be receiving kicks tonight and he will be focusing more on offense. They mentioned that Coach Turner feels sorry for LT because he wants to produce like he's used to but he just can't right now and that LT will be limited.

They went on to say LT himself said it's hard to go from his right to his left and that he'll be taking some kind of injection to help the pain in his toe.

If you have Sproles and LT, Sproles is the guy to play.

I'm starting Sproles over LT2 in FFOC tonight.

Edit to say that I could have started Ronnie Brown instead... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproles. IMO the best case scenario for LT2 is a 50/50 split. I just don't see the best case happening either.

Sproles. IMO the best case scenario for LT2 is a 50/50 split. I just don't see the best case happening either.
:thumbdown: This is pretty much the way I read it.Both are active, but given LT2's inability (real or perceived) to play through injury I'd keep it safe and go Sproles.If you are WAY behind and need a huge game, I'd go with LT2 only because I don't see Sproles posting 200 yards / 2 TDs, but stranger things have happened.Sproles is the safe play and is 75% or better to outperform LT2 tonight.

Yesterday, I said I would start LT over Sproles but as of tonight, I'd go with Sproles.On Monday NFL Countdown, they mentioned that Sproles will not be receiving kicks tonight and he will be focusing more on offense. They mentioned that Coach Turner feels sorry for LT because he wants to produce like he's used to but he just can't right now and that LT will be limited.They went on to say LT himself said it's hard to go from his right to his left and that he'll be taking some kind of injection to help the pain in his toe.If you have Sproles and LT, Sproles is the guy to play.
I had not heard about the injection. I was all set to start Sproles, but if LT2 takes the needle, I am more likely to play him now. What do you think?

I too am starting Sproles. The way I see it Sproles will get some numbers no matter what. If LT is hobbled, he might not get anything, like last week.

From Rotoworld re: Sproles --

Darren Sproles-RB- Chargers Sep. 22 - 7:36 pm et Darren Sproles is active for Monday Night Football despite being a late addition to the injury report as "probable."Sproles could be hard for San Diego's coaching staff to keep off the field after his 317-total yard effort in Week 2. The Jets are worried about him.

From Rotoworld re: Sproles --

Darren Sproles-RB- Chargers Sep. 22 - 7:36 pm et Darren Sproles is active for Monday Night Football despite being a late addition to the injury report as "probable."Sproles could be hard for San Diego's coaching staff to keep off the field after his 317-total yard effort in Week 2. The Jets are worried about him.
Gracias LA!

Inactives:

Jets - QB Brett Ratliff, QB Erik Ainge, K Mike Nugent, P Reggie Hodges,

WR David Clowney, CB Justin Miller, T Robert Turner, DT Kareem Brown

Chargers

- QB Charlie Whitehurst, CB DeJuan Tribble, LB Anthony Waters, C Nick

Hardwick, G Kynan Forney, T Corey Clark, TE Kris Wilson, DT Brandon

McKinney

Users who are viewing this thread