What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So what's your FBG username all about? (1 Viewer)

I may state an incorrect fact or two - old age, fuzzy memory, and all that.

Circa 2004 I spent most of my time hanging out on a San Antonio Spurs message board, spurstalk.com, and in their FFA equivalent we formed a fantasy football league.  Meanwhile I was just working my way into the FBG life.  Anyway,  I made a trade with a fellow league member, and then proceeded to make a post in the shark pool about how I fleeced a league mate on a trade.  His name was @drpill, and I was properly called out.  If you know the legend of Stoner Claus, you know who Dr. Pill is.

Meanwhile, back in the early oughts, Coach Popovich was referred to as CIA Pop.  Again, details are fuzzy, but a couple of things drove the Popovich nickname.  (1) His AirForce intelligence background and eastern European roots;  and (2) his heavy emphasis on scouting and drafting foreign players (Ginobilli and Parker to name two, and oh my what could have been, Robertas Javtokas; would be in the NBA Hall of Fame today if not for a knee injury suffered in a motorcycle accident).

Anyway, a more covert touch was required, obviously,  and I notice that all the most *important* posters in the FFA were a Mister or Mr., and thus became Mister CIA.
Hey, Spurs fan since the mid 90’s here! Always knew I liked you.  Lol

He played for the Bills and was a beloved fan-favorite player and member of the community, known for perpetually being a hard-working, scrappy underdog.  I love the Bills, and who doesn't love an underdog story?  
terrific locker room guy

coach's son

kind of guy you'd want to marry your daughter

loves the game

Mine is "boring" but on the old cheatsheets days I was mostly a "lurker" so that was in my name. When the move happened I wanted something different and had to think of something on the fly so I chose 3C's. C is the first initial of the 3 people I love the most, my wife and kids. I may have to change it though since I have a grandson now and I love him more than those 3. ;)

Named after an old James Garner tv show. Included the B so you lot didn't think it was for an older Tom Cruise movie

Because I can’t access my original screen name.

The original name came on a spur of a moment fantasy football team name.

Haven’t played fantasy football in at least five years but still have buddies that only call me Beef.

In 10th grade I started a friendship with a group who all had animal nicknames.. Kat, Bear, Goat, JuneBug, Moose.. So they tried to come up with one for me.
As they got to know me they realized I wasn't exactly a person who followed the rules, yet always managed to not get in trouble.
One of the guys said "when it comes to getting out of trouble, you always find a way to slither around it, or hop right over it"... To which another friend said.. He is half snake, half frog.
From that day forward they all called me Snogger, and still do to this day, 38 years later. :-)

smoo was taken, so i settled on this.
So perfect. Close the thread. Chem X wins!!!!

Ol yeller: First time creating a "handle" so went with alma matter. Had no idea (like a cell phone number) it would be with me for another 25 years.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about having my username for 20+ years when I made it.

I had just accepted a job at University of Wyoming and I drank a lot at the time.

smoo was taken, so i settled on this.
So perfect. Close the thread. Chem X wins!!!!

Ol yeller: First time creating a "handle" so went with alma matter. Had no idea (like a cell phone number) it would be with me for another 25 years.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about having my username for 20+ years when I made it.

I had just accepted a job at University of Wyoming and I drank a lot at the time.
UWYO alum here. Go Pokes!

Started a FF team 20+ years ago called Stinkbugs because I pointed one out to a friend (commish) and he thought I was ****ing with him. The Internet wasn’t much back then but a college had an entomology site with proof and it stuck. Shortened it when I signed up here.

Just a term we used back in the day for someone who was a little off/weird/crazy/dumb

I actually still use it today.

"That wingnut just cut me off in traffic!!"

I was a FBG many years ago. In the immortal words of the great David Lee Roth "Lost my soul when I walked out on you. I need some sensible shoes"

My wife was in a foul mood like 2 decades ago and I started calling her Sunshine in a mocking way. Now here we are and she loves the damn nickname. We have suns everywhere. And I was born in ‘68

Users who are viewing this thread