What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solo: A Star Wars Movie (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill said:
This movie was HORRENDOUS!

Sat down with 3 other people... and after 25 minutes we were all begging to shut it off. Lasted 15 more minutes and we were laughing at it when we hit Eject. 

I'm still stunned about how cringe-worthy it was.
I will accept that the early origin portion was a pretty weak start, but you should have stuck with it, it improved dramatically.  This movie was MUCH better than people credited it for.  

I liked the film.  

BigSteelThrill said:
This movie was HORRENDOUS!

Sat down with 3 other people... and after 25 minutes we were all begging to shut it off. Lasted 15 more minutes and we were laughing at it when we hit Eject. 

I'm still stunned about how cringe-worthy it was.
You sure you watched the Solo movie? It was not cringe worthy. 

Saying it was better than Last Jedi does not make it a good movie just a fact.  In other news the battle of Gettysburg has a lower death count than WW2, however neither can be confused with a peace summit.

I found that this, like last Jedi, had a very vanilla story.  Also thought the Jessel run scene was underwhelming.  Also the gambling bit where he wins the falcon.  Just not great. 

I will say that Solo himself was really good.  That was the part I thought I would hate.  

Would give it 6.75/10.  Not watching it on the plane again on the way home.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it last night.  Enjoyed it.  Fun popcorn flick.  Thought the Solo and Lando actors were both good.

I think we're way beyond the point of expecting Star Wars flicks to be life changing events like the OT.  If it's a fun enjoyable ride I'm happy.

if Return of the Jedi was released today, it would be shredded by "fans" like some of the newer movies have been.
Sure, but then again the standards it is compared to have raised drastically since then. All of the things that Star Wars pioneered are commonplace if not oversaturated at this point, a market at least somewhat created by star wars itself. 

It's like saying a quarterback who throws for only 3000 yards and 20 tds gets shredded by fans nowadays whereas in 1970 those numbers would have made him a league mvp. 

The things star wars is trying to be are commonplace nowadays, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a lot of fun, even if it's no longer mind blowing. 

It was back then also.  Fanbois hated Ewoks.  
I did not mean to say it wasn't.

What I meant is that we have the platforms today to whine and moan about things to the 10th degree that did not exist back then, via social media, reddit, forums like this one etc.   Back then if you did not like a movie, you told your buddy and that was the end of it.   Now every one tries to make a national disaster out of things. 

Look at the embarrassment of the Solo thread which tried to bury the movie before any one even saw it.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
The more I watched the new hope redo and last Jedi the less I liked them. So far I’ve only liked rogue one and Solo. 

You may disagree but “crazy talk”, I think not.
I understand folks didnt like TFA and TLJ (I disagree, but not enough to argue) ... but the crazy part was Solo above R1.  

R1 is the best since EST.  That's not negotiable.  sorry. 

/EXTRALARGEGAVELBANG

I understand folks didnt like TFA and TLJ (I disagree, but not enough to argue) ... but the crazy part was Solo above R1.  

/EXTRALARGEGAVELBANG
I didnt love R1. Saw it on my birthday, with my whole family. Was bored for most of it. I will rewatch since I bought it on DVD anyway, but I liked Solo much better. Have only seen that once as well

Ill add one more thing. I watched A new Hope the other day on cable. It really isnt that good of a movie. 

/EXTRALARGEGAVELBANG
I really love R1. I also really enjoyed TFA. Hence why I had such a huge letdown after seeing TLJ. Now on repeated viewings TLJ has grown on me. But there are three incredibly cringe inducing moments that I will never get past (The crank call to start the film from Poe, the reaction by Luke upon taking the lightsaber away from Rey and Mary Poppins Leia). Also the fact they sold Finn's character really short too in TLJ. 

Anyway back to Solo. I really enjoyed it immensely. Saw it twice on the big screen and now own the blue ray. And yes my 2nd favorite from the Disney SW flicks. R1 is easily #1 right now with TFA 3rd and TLJ firmly in last place.

Finally saw this.  I am the worst Star Wars fan ever. I still haven't seen Last Jedi, but I will watch it tonight as I absolutely need to see Rise of Skywalker in the theaters.  

Thought it was good, definitely not great.  Rogue One was WAY better in terms of film-making, but it was cool to see more of the Star Wars universe.  

Solid 7.5 / 10.

Users who are viewing this thread