What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SP Mock Invitational--5th round? Uh huh....5th round...... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hogan or Trevone Boykin are probably my favorite late round fliers for a QB.  Players like DJ White, CB or Dillon are players that have much more likelihood of playing this year and are much better value at this point.

A versatile OL is a high priority for us.  A T/G or G/C prospect would be even more important than a QB that may not even beat out Jones (I still hope we resign Gradkowski or similar).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Hogan or Trevone Boykin are probably my favorite late round fliers for a QB.  Players like DJ White, CB or Dillon are players that have much more likelihood of playing this year and are much better value at this point.
DJ White was on my short list of CBs when I took Sanchez. Sanchez fits us better, but there are a couple more CBs that I like. Heck some Ss as well.

7(7) 49ers--Joey Bosa DE OSU
6(37) 49ers--Jason Spriggs OT IU

5(68) 49ers--Braxton Miller WR OSU
7(105) 49ers--Rashad Higgins WR CSU
4.133 Cyrus Jones, CB Alabama. 

Helps out as a return man and slot corner right away.

Love that pick, and would take him for Pitt.  Needs work as a cover guy but has skills.  Would be a return man day 1 for Pitt.
I thought about it, but figured that we probably don't need 2 CBs in the first 4 so it didn't work out with this mock.  Need a different return man for us though.  Maybe Eli Rogers.

I thought about it, but figured that we probably don't need 2 CBs in the first 4 so it didn't work out with this mock.  Need a different return man for us though.  Maybe Eli Rogers.
After Archer and Jacoby Jones, a return man is NEEDED!  And we can't afford to continue letting Antonio return punts.

Helps out as a return man and slot corner right away.
Good pick, like DJ White, he was on my short list for 4.106/4.121. Last guy on my short list was Ryan Smith from NC Central. My order was Zach Sanchez, Ryan Smith, Cyrus Jones and DJ White.

Good job on this mock everyone. Love the current title, too...

That said, I hope you're wrong about the following. This would be a heart-breaker, as these are the three guys I am going to be pulling for the Bills to land. (Especially Whitehair or Clark.)

11(42) Dolphins--Cody Whitehair
12(43) Titans (From Eagles through Rams)--Shon Coleman
13(44) 
14(45) 
15(46) Lions--Le'Raven Clark
16(47) 
17(48) 
18(49) Bills--

Dallas selects Tajae Sharpe.

Pass catchers are needed and Sharpe can catch, he's raw and skinny but there's room for him to bulk up.

4.136 Denver - B.J. Goodson - LB - Clemson
Need to replace some talent in the middle if that defense and Goodson was a leader on the stellar Tigers defense. They brought him in for a visit.

4.137 Green Bay - DJ Reader - DT - Clemson
I wish the nose tackle situation had been addressed before this because this is a little early for him. And there are some other guys that would be more fun to take here. But for a big guy he's pretty athletic.

4.31 The Tennessee Titans select Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State

With one of the 2 picks acquired in a trade down with Car, the Titans select a talented project to develop behind the Franchise. I like the fact that Brissett has a similar skill set to Mariota.

1.15 Reggie Ragland, LB

2.33 Andrew Billings, NT

2.43 Shon Coleman, OT

2.45 Hunter Henry, TE

3.64 Artie Burns, CB

4.129 Jacoby Brissett, QB
As a NC State homer who watched all of Brissett's games at State, I think it is a stretch to say his skill set is similar to Mariota. (Unless Mariota is more limited than I realized.)

As a NC State homer who watched all of Brissett's games at State, I think it is a stretch to say his skill set is similar to Mariota. (Unless Mariota is more limited than I realized.)
Thanks for the feedback...Just went off the report that said he's a big guy with some movement ability and NFL starter potential. Couldn't tell you anything more about him to be honest.

Need a Browns pick.  Current:

(8) Browns (From Eagles through Dolphins)--Ronnie Stanley
1(32) Browns--Will Fuller2(65) Browns--Charone Peake14(77) Browns (From Eagles through Lions)--Hassan Ridgeway1(99) Browns--Tyler Higbee2(100) Browns (From Eagles through Titans)--Harlan Miller40(138) Browns (Compensatory Selection)--Jatavious Brown

I think they need another O-linemen or a pass rusher.

Pass rushers are hard to find in this class.

How about Graham Glasgow Michigan? He is the 7th rated guard on Arifs evaluator list. Ranked two spots higher than McGovern who went some time ago.

7(7) 49ers--Joey Bosa DE OSU
6(37) 49ers--Jason Spriggs OT IU

5(68) 49ers--Braxton Miller WR OSU
7(105) 49ers--Rashad Higgins WR CSU

Niners firm up the middle

5.3  Tyler Matakevich, ILB Temple

5.143 Raiders select James Bradberry, CB, Samford

Waiting to get a CB in the 5th was not the plan, and we will add a bit of a projection, a small-school guy with big-school tools.  

5.143 Raiders select James Bradberry, CB, Samford

Waiting to get a CB in the 5th was not the plan, and we will add a bit of a projection, a small-school guy with big-school tools.  
Not that I expected this to make it back to me, but Bradberry is the guy I want the Pats to take late.

I was planning on taking Bradberry next pick.  Thought i was safe since CBS and Walter had him as a 6-7th rounder (IIRC).

He's no NT tho, is he?
I think so.  As well as Latham and Lawerence-Stample and a little later Valentine.  Just too many questions about Reader and too little production to think he's a higher pick than the others, IMO.  Perfectly acceptable to like who you like this late in the draft though.  Draft boards really widen up after the 3rd.  As I've said at other times, I'll take a high-effort player that needs to be coached up in one or two areas over the guy with physical skills that never amounted to much production and has had his effort questioned.

Users who are viewing this thread