What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SP Mock Invitational--5th round? Uh huh....5th round...... (2 Viewers)

Also, no matter what, Green is #1 target, and Eifert is #2 target.  Gio will get his.  CIN needs WRs, but I dunno ow much action WR2 and WR3 are getting.  

I love Braverman as the slot option.  Role player.  Easier to find an outside guy that a slot, IMO..

Different start than any other mock I've done for the Niners. 
7(7) 49ers--Joey Bosa

Had the NFL draft fallen like this, it would be a tough call between Stanley and Bosa....but I'm very happy with the results.  Bosa was the best defensive player in college last year and should help the pathetic Niner pass rush.  However, its going to require some scheme flexibility, as he's a 4-3 DE going to a 3-4 team.  We all saw his combine drills, not so sure he can play standing up.  Still a BPA meets need.

6(37) 49ers--Jason Spriggs

Spriggs has the athleticism to play LT and the experience to play right away.  4 year starter with excellent measurables, including Balke's beloved long arms.  He fills a huge need and should start at RT from day one.  OG Brandon Thomas, 2014's "he's a first round value but hurt" pick should slide in at RG and solidify what was a sieve of a side.  Niners ran to the left way too much last year.

5(68) 49ers--Braxton Miller WR OSU
7(105) 49ers--Rashad Higgins WR CSU

The WR depth chart is Torrey Holt...and nothing.  Zilch.  No FA signings.  I don't care who starts at QB, but when your WR corps is worse than the sorry Rams, you have problems.  This was a major infusion of talent, especially excited by the potential of Braxton as well Higgins' pro-ready game.  While I passed on a QB (would have taken Dak Prescott, sent Mass with him #1 on the list), Gabb should be servicable this year.  He was not good enough last year to pass on Goff if he was there at 7, but he wasn't bad enough that we need to sell the farm and make a bad trade (like StL and Phi) to reach for a need.  Lord help me if we take Lynch. 

I have another 4th coming up, and more major areas that need infusions of talent.  All in all we have 12 picks this draft, and most will not only have a legitimate shot to make the team but also contribute this year.

With pick 4.123 the Steelers select - KJ Dillon, S, WVU

A bit of a reach for a position of need, but they need safeties to compete and he seems like their type of player.

1. William Jackson III
  2. Michael Thomas (OSU)
  3. Javon Hargrave
  4. KJ Dillon

A bit of a reach for a position of need, but they need safeties to compete and he seems like their type of player.

1. William Jackson III
  2. Michael Thomas (OSU)
  3. Javon Hargrave
  4. KJ Dillon
That would be a pretty solid draft for my Raiders, now that I look at it.

Also, no matter what, Green is #1 target, and Eifert is #2 target.  Gio will get his.  CIN needs WRs, but I dunno ow much action WR2 and WR3 are getting.  

I love Braverman as the slot option.  Role player.  Easier to find an outside guy that a slot, IMO..
Marvin Jones had 103 targets to Eifert's 74 last year and that's even if you assume Eifert can stay on the field again. 

Glad we agree on Braverman. I think without Hue we get back to some more Andrew Hawkins type stuff. 

4.124 Seahawks select Willie Henry, DT, Michigan

Highest rated player left on Matt Miller's top 400, and might be a 3rd rounder in this draft.  Can play 3-tech, but not undersized.  Can move around, which fits the profile of SEA D-linemen.  

4.125- Sebastian Tretola - OG - Arkansas

Thompson likes his mid-round linemen. Tretola is a "phone booth" "battler"...which means he's not agile.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vikings are looking to trade up.

I am offering picks 150 and 180 to move to a pick within the next 6 to 10 spots if any team is interested.

The value of those picks is 50 points according to the chart. Pick 122 was worth 50 points so I am offering value to the team willing to let me move up here.

1. William Jackson III
  2. Michael Thomas (OSU)
  3. Javon Hargrave
  4. KJ Dillon
Dare I say . . . ?   :unsure:

I like the pick!  3rd and 4th picks are solid.  First pick is just a difference of opinion.  2nd pick works and given the first two, the next two are very well done.

I think we need to recruit some live bodies to make draft picks and trades. About a half dozen of the owners have gone to pick Johnny Football up at the airport which could take a long time. 

4.127 Chicago Bears select...

Moritz Boehringer, WR, Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns

RB Ezekiel Elliott

OLB Shilique Calhoun

CB Kendall Fuller

WR Moritz Boehringer 

4.31 The Tennessee Titans select Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State

With one of the 2 picks acquired in a trade down with Car, the Titans select a talented project to develop behind the Franchise. I like the fact that Brissett has a similar skill set to Mariota.

1.15 Reggie Ragland, LB

2.33 Andrew Billings, NT

2.43 Shon Coleman, OT

2.45 Hunter Henry, TE

3.64 Artie Burns, CB

4.129 Jacoby Brissett, QB

4.131 - Malcolm Mitchell, WR - Georgia

Like Ty Montgomery last year, TT takes a chance on a guy with a little injury history but a lot of talent.

4.31 The Tennessee Titans select Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State

With one of the 2 picks acquired in a trade down with Car, the Titans select a talented project to develop behind the Franchise. I like the fact that Brissett has a similar skill set to Mariota.
Brissett off the board before Hackenberg? I would love to see this happen for real this weekend just so we can watch Gruden's head explode.

Brissett off the board before Hackenberg? I would love to see this happen for real this weekend just so we can watch Gruden's head explode.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of a guy, right or wrong, that throws his college coach under the bus in interviews with his potential future employers. 

Dare I say . . . ?   :unsure:

I like the pick!  3rd and 4th picks are solid.  First pick is just a difference of opinion.  2nd pick works and given the first two, the next two are very well done.
I was looking at the pick and I was like, I know if I take Hackenberg that Cookiemonster is going to shake his head. lol

Yeah I'm not a big fan of a guy, right or wrong, that throws his college coach under the bus in interviews with his potential future employers. 
Don't get me wrong, I'd have done the exact same thing (that is, if I thought the Titans needed a QB behind Mariota).  IMO Hack is going to be a colossal bust and I pray one of the Eagles' division rivals drops a 3rd-rounder on the guy.

I was looking at the pick and I was like, I know if I take Hackenberg that Cookiemonster is going to shake his head. lol
:lmao:   You're right.

There are QBs worth taking a flier on who may be better than Landry Jones, but at better value in the 6th or 7th.

It's your mock.  I just put my two cents in because I didn't get to the thread in time to sign up, so I'm kind of doing a parallel draft along side you.  No offense meant, and we all have different opinions and perspectives.

Hackenberg definitely benefitted from having a great WR (Allen Robinson) but the new coach coming in had an obvious effect.  Franklin came in and basically said, I don't care what your skill set is, we're going to run this offense.  The two didn't mesh, and the talent around him dropped off as well.  That, combined with his accuracy issues and pocket awareness, made for a crappy last 2 years.  But having a coach that is seemingly blind to the style of offense his QB excels in is a little weird.  You'd think that if a coach had a top QB he'd try and build the offense around him for success... AKA Rivera/Mike Shula in Carolina.

:lmao:   You're right.

There are QBs worth taking a flier on who may be better than Landry Jones, but at better value in the 6th or 7th.

It's your mock.  I just put my two cents in because I didn't get to the thread in time to sign up, so I'm kind of doing a parallel draft along side you.  No offense meant, and we all have different opinions and perspectives.
Yeah, I think that we will draft a QB this year, but I think it will be in rounds 6/7.  Maybe Hogan if he falls to our Comp 6th pick, or Vernon Adams in the 7th.

I also thought about taking Landon Turner in the 4th.  I don't think that O-line is a big need for us but I think he's good value here and could be a solid replacement for Foster in 2 years or a fill-in for injury.

Users who are viewing this thread