What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SP Mock Invitational--5th round? Uh huh....5th round...... (2 Viewers)

I had Mills on the short list I sent to massraider back in round 2. He slipped, and slipped. I don't think he will be available this late. According to the consensus list he is player 68 and the only player in the top 100 that had not yet been drafted.

I see Mills as a CB 4 for the Vikings who might take over slot corner from Munnerlin down the line and provide depth and competition at safety. He hasn't lived up to some of the hype around him but I still think a high quality player that can help in several areas.

Are we still communal drafting for the Jags?  They could probably use an additional presence on the D-Line.

Ionaidis? Adam Gotsis? Darius Latham?

ETA: And whatever happened to the Broncos' pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize we're just mocking around here, but if Hackenberg fell this fall for real he'd be drafted here wouldn't he?
I don't think  he is in play...The Texans just signed a 25 year old dude for 70 million,  but so are supposed to be hot and bothered by a college booty call?   BTW, imo someone else will take the decision out the Texans...Not one thing realistic about the texans having to take Hackenberg at any point. 

Looks like our momentum kinda hit a wall right before the actual draft started ... guess that's to be expected.  

Many thanks to @massraider for setting this thing up and maintaining control over the proceedings, and to everyone who pitched in with picks etc. to keep things moving. I had a blast, and like @Borden I got into this thing way more seriously than I was intending to. 

And since we probably won't get through the 7 more picks to my 5th-rounder, I'm going to exercise the executive privilege of giving myself the top available WR on my board. :D  Making the Saints' 2016 mock draft class ... 

1.12 - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

2.47 - Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

3.78 - Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio St.

4.112 - Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi St.

5.152 - Ricardo Louis, WR, Auburn

Managed to fill all four of NO's' biggest needs with two guys who already came off the board in Round 1 of the actual draft, another whom I wouldn't be surprised to see in Round 2 tonight, and two big-time athletes with high ceilings.

Glasglow ended up being a round 3 pick.

Here are the skill guys

NFL draft order

1 QB Jared Goff Rams
2 QB Carson Wentz Eagles
4 RB Ezekiel Elliot Cowboys
15 WR Corey Coleman Browns
21 WR Will Fuller Texans
22 WR Josh Doctson Redskins
23 WR Laquon Treadwell Vikings
26 QB Paxton Lynch Broncos
35 TE Henry Hunter Chargers
40 WR Sterling Shephard Giants
45 RB Derrick Henry Titans
47 WR Michael Thomas Saints
51 QB Christian Hackenberg Jets
55 WR Tyler Boyd Bengals

59 K Roberto Aguayo (WTF)

73 RB Kenyan Drake Dolphins
81 TE Austin Hooper Falcons
85 WR Braxton Miller Texans
86 WR Leonte Carroo Dolphins
90 RB CJ Prosise Seahawks
91 QB Jacoby Brissett Patriots
93 QB Cody Kessler Browns
94 TE Nick Vannett Seahawks

14(14) Raiders-Sheldon Rankins13(44) Raiders--Keanu Neal12(75) Raiders--Darian Thompson16(114) Raiders--Alex Collins4(143) Raiders (From Cowboys)--James Bradberry

My Raider picks through 5 rounds.  

Two 1st rounders, One 2nd rounder (5th round), and a 3rd rounder.  

Alex Collins better go in the 4th round.

Thanks Mass, and thanks guys, enjoyed that. And as I suspected things fell a little nicer for the Lions in the real draft so far I think. 

Vikings draft (NFL pick)

23(22) Vikings--Josh Doctson
72 (57) Vikings (from Bears)--TJ Green
86 (67) Vikings--Maliek Collins
93 (not drafted yet) Vikings (from Panthers)--Mike Thomas, SMU
145 (not drafted yet) Vikings (from 49ers)--Jalen Mills

4.31 The Tennessee Titans select Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State

With one of the 2 picks acquired in a trade down with Car, the Titans select a talented project to develop behind the Franchise. I like the fact that Brissett has a similar skill set to Mariota.

1.15 Reggie Ragland, LB

2.33 Andrew Billings, NT

2.43 Shon Coleman, OT

2.45 Hunter Henry, TE

3.64 Artie Burns, CB

4.129 Jacoby Brissett, QB

5.1 Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU
Since we're patting ourselves on the back, despite the Billings anchor I'll put this real time draft value up against any other in this mock. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My focus was pretty narrow.

I didn't really watch any smaller corners because I was looking for safeties.

I haven't watched offensive linemen really at all. The Vikings had the opportunity to take Whitehair and passed. So they don't seem interested in adding offensive linemen. The traded out of the 3rd instead of the second.

My focus was pretty narrow.

I didn't really watch any smaller corners because I was looking for safeties.

I haven't watched offensive linemen really at all. The Vikings had the opportunity to take Whitehair and passed. So they don't seem interested in adding offensive linemen. The traded out of the 3rd instead of the second.
There's always next year's mock.

meaning he's good now.  Seemed shocked when he was mocked in round 3.
Hahahaha. Why didn't you say just Jordan Howard? I just went back through all these pages. You just quoted me, to say you were on the mark are about Howard but did so without reference, twice.

I like Jordan Howard. I think I was even the one that started his thread in the SP. I didn't say it was a bad pick. I'm guessing that I thought it was early and/or there were other players/needs the Eagles would've been looking at in the 3rd. I also like Mathews (when healthy) and think Sporles was going to get more run. 

Hahahaha. Why didn't you say just Jordan Howard? I just went back through all these pages. You just quoted me, to say you were on the mark are about Howard but did so without reference, twice.

I like Jordan Howard. I think I was even the one that started his thread in the SP. I didn't say it was a bad pick. I'm guessing that I thought it was early and/or there were other players/needs the Eagles would've been looking at in the 3rd. I also like Mathews (when healthy) and think Sporles was going to get more run. 
I think you made an excellent call on Howard Borden. I believe you thought he was the best RB prospect from the 2016 draft?

I had some doubts/questions about him as a receiver, and I also have concerns about a player like him who seeks contact because I think that increases the risk of injury to the RB compared to a player who is more elusive and seeks to make defenders miss.

Howard has proven to be good as a receiver however and based on how well he has done, he likely should have been drafted earlier than he was. The Bears got a good player here.

I still prefer RB who are more elusive but Howard is a great fit with coach John Fox who has shown a preference for RB who have power and can make their own hole.

Since we are tooting horns here I think I did well identifying Maliek Collins as a good DT prospect who was drafted by the Cowboys in the 3rd round. He has struggled with some injuries but has been contributing to their defense. I think he fits the Rod Marinelli's scheme well as a under tackle just as he would have fit the Vikings defense as depth for Shamar Stephen and the oft injured Sharrif Floyd.

The other Mike Thomas is buried on the Rams right now. I still like him quite a bit though.

Jalen Mills has been contributing to the Eagles rebuilt defense.

I cannot argue with MacKenzie Alexander who the Vikings selected over TJ Green in the 2nd round. I think Zimmer knows what he is doing more than I do. I didn't watch Alexander because I was looking for a larger defensive back to play safety.

These Clemson DBs have all found homes in the NFL.

Thanks to massraider for doing this. I look forward to participating in this again next year. It is a lot of fun, and fun to reflect back on.

The Philadelphia Eagles select: Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana. 

As an Eagles homer I don't like him over the value at OG on the board at the pick. I'd have jumped at the chance to pick a long term OG to protect the future of the franchise over an often injured, upright running, 1 speed RB. Even his YouTube highlight vid is uninspiring.
We finally got our guy.

Users who are viewing this thread