What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

I was always leery of a 30 year old RB coming back from a second ACL injury. That is a tough bogey to overcome. Ware has looked like a beast all season when he is given the work. 

Even if JC get's over the hump at some point. I can't see him stealing a lot of work from Ware. The workhorse role is his. And in todays NFL 15-17 carries and 3-4 receptions is workhorse. The 3 down 27-30 touch back is a dinosaur in this league. 

In his limited work JC looked like he was not going full tilt with hard cutting and change of direction speed which is what made him so special. I never thought for a second "JC is back". It looked like a back trying to come back but not really there yet.

What time frame for Lewis?  Months back or recently?  I've been holding Dion with my last bench spot in PPR; could use the depth for the stretch run.
I was referring to trying to play and having swelling. That was part of the reason Lewis needed another surgery. 

I don't want anything from him.  You people and your selective reading.  I've said multiple times I like him.  But it's irrelevant how I feel about him since I'm not calling the plays for the Chiefs.  It's the 15.6 carries per game I want to see get corrected before I'm offering a top 5 pick.  It's not like I wouldn't take him now, I would, for the right price.  I have, for the right price.  Working on another copy too.

Please elaborate on my mistake.
Ware is elaborating as I type this. 

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
You say despite, I say because of.  He's 18th in the league in carries, 14th in carries per game.  If he got more carries he'd be top 5 but why isn't he getting those carries?  With no Jamal Charles he's still only 14th in carries per game.  4th in YPC yet he's still only 14th in carries per game.  4th in YPC, no Jamal Charles - why is he only getting 15.6 carries per game?   Game plan, West, fumbling, managing his workload, whatever it is it's real and it's holding him back.  Have we seen anything to indicate that's going to change?  The potential negatives aren't even factored in yet - Charles now, Charles next year, an offseason to draft/sign another RB.

Look I've already said I'm high on him and agree he could take a huge step forward.  But good gambling is about sizing the bet according to the odds.  You don't push all in with Q J offsuit.  Risking a top 5 pick for no doesn't meet that criteria for me.  I'll pay 5% of my chips to see that flop though.
Lol.

Charles WAS that good.  Even the best have trouble coming back from multiple injuries like that.

Ware is the real deal and an auto-starter every week. 

Charles WAS that good.  Even the best have trouble coming back from multiple injuries like that.

Ware is the real deal and an auto-starter every week. 
I agree with all that but they were putting Charles in when they got near the GL last game and he was close to having 3 TD's. I'm just saying I'd feel better if he was IR'ed. Maybe that's a little Captain Obvious.

West has no shot at being as good as Ware so not worried about him but it's still in JC's range that he could be better than Ware at some point. Probably not likely but there is risk still there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, Ware is better than Charles. But I think the Chiefs want to build up Charles during the year to have two good backs for the playoffs. I think they'll give him plenty of goal-line carries to beef up his TD numbers. 

I think Ware has proven he belongs on the field. But the Chiefs have reasons to give Charles more opportunities than his raw talent deserves right now.

I'm not sure why they are using JC inside the 5 because Ware is arguably the best GL back in the league but something is going on there......

Another bonus for Ware if this offense starts clicking better is more GL carries. I know they're playing the Saints so I'll temper my enthusiasm but more GL opportunities only increases Ware's value.

On a side note is FBG ever going to come around on this guy?
Who cares, we know what we have in Ware. As far as giving Charles a few carries, let's not get greedy, he already haws a TD and 100 all purpose yards -- and know that more will definitely be coming in the second half in a game where they are up 21-7 and the Chiefs want to grind down the clock.

Who cares, we know what we have in Ware. As far as giving Charles a few carries, let's not get greedy, he already haws a TD and 100 all purpose yards -- and know that more will definitely be coming in the second half in a game where they are up 21-7 and the Chiefs want to grind down the clock.
I just find it odd. They are normally on top of these things but they have been really slow to come around on Ware, Hartsel's trade value chart for instance Ware has no value. It's just a curious situation.

It's weird. No value in the trade chart? None? Even if JC is healthy Ware has proven he is the best handcuff in the league right? That's worth something. It will be interesting where Hartsel puts him next week......

Users who are viewing this thread