What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (2 Viewers)

Spencer Ware (ankle surgery) is seeking an injury settlement with the Colts.

Ware was surprisingly moved to the team's reserve/PUP list, ensuring he would miss the first six weeks of the regular season despite being on track to return around Week 2. With an injury settlement, the 27-year-old could sign with another team and play the moment he's cleared. Rapoport adds that Ware's knee is fine following ankle surgery, and he's only expected to be sidelined 5-6 weeks. Jordan Wilkins, Jonathan Williams, and Keith Ford will remain as backups to Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines once Ware is cut loose.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 3, 2019, 4:52 PM ET

Chiefs signed RB Spencer Ware.

Ware was released by the Chiefs earlier in the season, but they'll bring him back with injuries up and down the depth chart. Damien Williams (ribs) is considered week to week and there's a "good chance" Darrel Williams doesn't play in Week 14. Ware will likely slide in as a low-volume back behind Shady McCoy and Darwin Thompson.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Chiefs placed RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) on injured reserve.

The Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams (ribs), LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and recently-signed RB Spencer Ware. This figures to be a committee, as coach Andy Reid stated, "We’re not fooling anybody here, (McCoy)’s not getting any younger, so it’s my responsibility to manage him as best I can, and I think I know him as well as anybody." McCoy could very well lead the Chiefs backfield in snaps and touches if both Damien and Darrel are sidelined in Week 14. Still, it seems incredibly likely that the team's sixth-round rookie will also be involved.
In a weird twist, Ware has a slight chance to regain the job he lost last year due to injury. Damien may be out Week 14 and Ware is the biggest back on the roster right now at 5'10/229. At the least he's a big back in the committee.

In a weird twist, Ware has a slight chance to regain the job he lost last year due to injury. Damien may be out Week 14 and Ware is the biggest back on the roster right now at 5'10/229. At the least he's a big back in the committee.
Ware lost the job to injury in 2017, when Hunt took over and took the league by storm. He re-inherited the lead gig last year when Hunt was suspended and then released this past September. 

Not out of the realm of possibility that Ware re-enters the fray, but I think he's just a warm body replacing Darrel right now in case the rest of the guys get hurt. 

Users who are viewing this thread