What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Staff/MB Survivor Leagues Posted (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Survivor I pitted 12 contest winners from the message board against each other for a draft on July 24th, and the results can be found here: LINK

Survivor II was a competition between a team of 12 Staff members and a team of 12 Message board regulars. Drafts were held simultaneously on Wed, Aug. 17th, and the results can be found here:

League 1

League 2

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of quick thoughts...Maxwell's team will be the most fun to watch.I like Shicks! team, but think he took too many RBs early on which prevented him from grabbing any value at that position later. That said, I don't think he felt there was any value later based on his comments during the draft.Yudkin's team is very strong, but may be better suited for a standard league.The messageboard defections to the staff are definately strengthening the staff team.I dive more into this later when I have more time.

This was a tough draft. All day I contemplated on who was going to be there at the turn for me. At their respective positions I thought T.O., Rudi Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, and D. Culpepper. Turns out I was spot on and I had those to choose from unless I wanted to make a change.You're going to have to keep in mind this was the day that T.O. was going back to practice after he was suspended for a week. Not the day after he caught a TD and 130 plus yards in limited time in a preseason game.With that said, I took Rudi Johnson. The problem with Rudi for me is he shares the same bye week 10 that Lt2 does. But I had him ranked well ahead of the next backs so I had to take him.One of my biggest decisions of the draft came next. Do I take T.O., the best WR in the game (according to my projections before all this T.O. mess started up) or do I do something else. I almost went Culpepper, but the 4 point passing Td's turned me away. So I decided not to go T.O. Not because I don't know how talented he is......because this is a survivor format and at the time was worried about him missing playing time. On top of that, he does have this groin problem and even today I just don't see T.O. playing 16 games.........super player though.So, with the next pick I had to rule out JOe Horn. He had a bye week 10 and I could not have 3 player out of 3 with a bye week 10. So I had to choose from Javon Walker, Andre JOhnson, and Reggie Wayne in my opinion. I went with the No.1 who I thought had the most upside and possibility of a breakout year, Andre JOhnson.In rounds 4 and 5, it didn't get much easier. Yudkin, who picks right before me in round 4 has an option. Fred Taylor was on the board, but so was Larry Johnson. Yudkin selected Priest 2nd overall and has been on the message board talking how effective it is to have Priest and Johnson locked up.........especially in survivor leagues. I was just hoping to play nice, he'd get his supercuff and I'd get Taylor. Didn't work out like that. He went Taylor (I probably would have to) so I had to make the toughest decision in my draft. I didn't really like anything else I saw (outside of Johnson) at RB, but knew I needed to go RB. At the time, I had 2 Rb's on my team, both with bye week 10's. What's going to happen in week 10 if I get there and they both go on bye. So I decided to go Larry Johnson........someone I've been very high on throughout the preseason. In the value articles I nominated him as one of my Rb's who represent value, so I felt it was time to put my money where my mouth was and also wasn't going to let DAve get his cuff and eat it too.Side Note: I thought briefly of taking Roy Williams at 4.11 and not going RB at my turn. I may have done that but Roy Williams has a bye week 3, and so does Andre Johnson. I didn't want my 2 top Wrs to have bye week 3's, so I didn't go with that.So with Johnson at 4.11, I saw Donovan McNabb on the board at 5.01. That was easy, maybe my best selection of the draft. Made me feel better about not selecting Culpepper at 3.01.I then took Mushi and Rod Smith. Both solid veterans. Even with the problems Mushi has at QB, I still think this guy has a solid year. He's the only guy who can catch in Chicago.An interesting pick I made at 9.01 was Ricky Williams. Knowing that I have bye week 10's out of my 2 starting backs, if things go right, I have a little time to get some guys involved on the team at Rb. Obviously Larry Johnson can also be used in the flex position in this league as well, so I selected Ricky Williams who will be back week 6.Another RB who should chip in for me is RB, Chester Taylor. I've been high on him for a couple years and just feel even with Jamal in the game, this guy catches passes, gets 20-30 yards and if Jamal did miss time, he's all of a sudden a top 15 back.I thought I got nice value in Brandon Lloyd.My Te's are interesting. I think Pollard will do Ok in Detroit, that's yet to be seen. But the interesting part comes with Heiden and Shea, the Cleveland Te's. I really think Dilfer is going to have a decent year. He's working hard to do well over in Cleveland and those Cleveland Te's in that system are underrated. I took them in the 20 and 22nd round, hoping that they would be a nice cheap compliment to Pollard. I'll have fun following those 2 guys.I told a buddy of mine about me doing that and he said, " Oh no you didn't!" I said yeah i did man, can you believe that. So, we watched the Lion, Cleveland preseason game just after this draft and of course on the first play of the game Dilfer hit Shea for a 20 yarder. He looked at me and shook his head. I said, it's a sign man.What I need to be succesful: I need Larry Johnson. Before I leave the draft, I need Priest Holmes to have problems starting and for Johnson to be the guy. I also need Ricky Williams to come back in week 6 and at least be RBBC, chip in some numbers and to by me some time I need my 2 top backs to play like studs and Chester Taylor to chip in when he can.At Wr: I need my Andre Johnson to progress like he has. I need him to play 16 games, get 1300 yards and 9 Td's. Troy Williamson needs to become a starter at some point and I need my veterans to stay healthy and catch some balls.Qb: McNabb just has to be himself, he's going to help out big time. But in week 6, I need Patrick Ramsey to step up. I selected him because on his strength of schedule, that's his easiest or close to easiest match up of the year. Te: Pollard to have an average year and my Cleveland TE's to surprise.Tough draft, great competition. Want to thank BFred for selecting me. Want to thank Joe Bryant and Dave Dodds for allowing us to do this, very cool. Good luck to all.

Yudkin's team looks tough right now.
he's definitely having a lot of things go his way right now:RB Anderson starting in Denver

RB M.Moore possibly starting in Minnesota

RB F.Taylor looking like he will be ready to start the season

WR T.Owens big performance the other night

Choices for the other team you'd most want:Yudkin 5LHUCKS 3Rudnicki 2.5Carlton 2.5BassNBrew 2JoeTIsleOfMisfitToysShickAndersonIWBACSmithWoodMaxwellNone for Ticks :sadbanana:

Doesn't look like is too much discussion of the Survivor I league here. It seems Mr. BassNBrew is a very busy fellow (in every possible Survivor league there is)! Would love to see some team ratings/analysis of Survivor I league teams!

This is off to a quiet start...
I believe the title of the thread and combining Survivor I with Survivor II have stymied the discussion.I'd suggest changing the title to "MB v. Staff Rosters Released" and making a separate thread for Survivor I. Additonally I'd paste the rules and rosters into the initial post.

Presentation is the key. ;)

Or perhaps Rudnicki is trying to subdue the commentary in an effort to keep the results "on the low." :yes:

None for Ticks :sadbanana:
Feeley, A.J. MIA QB 4 17.03

Frerotte, Gus MIA QB 4 14.10

Plummer, Jake DEN QB 9 7.03
You're going to see a handful of low scoring weeks from this position. Definitely below average when compared to the other teams.
Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 8 1.03

Barlow, Kevan SFO RB 6 4.10

Bennett, Michael MIN RB 5 3.03

Perry, Chris CIN RB 10 12.10

Williams, Moe MIN RB 5 13.03
Mewelde rumors are circulating. I made it a point to avoid Minnesota and Carolina RBs.
Berrian, Bernard CHI WR 4 18.10

Caldwell, Reche SDC WR 10 15.03

Evans, Lee BUF WR 9 6.10

Gage, Justin CHI WR 4 22.10

Johnson, Chad CIN WR 10 2.10

Johnson, Keyshawn DAL WR 9 9.03

McCareins, Justin NYJ WR 8 10.10

Smith, Steve CAR WR 7 5.03
Bears WRs are a waste IMHO, but you're obviously strong at the top here.
Anderson, Courtney OAK TE 5 20.10

McMichael, Randy MIA TE 4 8.10
Will McMichael put up consistent numbers in a new offense with an unstable QB situation?=======================================================

It just seems like you're a bit below average at each position outside of defense and WR. :shrug:

Code:
If your team was taken away, what other team would you most want to have? Why?Definitely Aaron Rudnicki and it’s not even close. Aaron is loaded at RB with four opening day starters and his stable of WRs carry a big pop. Despite these strengths, he gave up nothing at the other positions. I just don’t see any weaknesses on this team. Besides, it’s always good luck to pick Aaron’s team as the best.
:P

probably becuase nobody cares except for the ones in it.
Hey Sting Ray,Sorry you feel that way. I'm sure the Message Board Captain for next year will take your kind words into consideration when choosing the team next year.

You've chosen to insult some of the best and most active posters on the board, good work.

Hey Sting Ray,Sorry you feel that way. I'm sure the Message Board Captain for next year will take your kind words into consideration when choosing the team next year.

You've chosen to insult some of the best and most active posters on the board, good work.
You took that as an insult? :confused: Why is it hard to understand that most people probably care more about their own leagues than a staff/message board survivor one that they have no part in? I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for you guys, enjoy it, but there are a lot of knowledgable guys here who could post comentary on their drafts and they most likly would not get a lot of responces either.

By the way, if there is no money involved, I'm not interested in this for next year. Thanks for the offer though. :thumbup:

You took that as an insult? :confused: Why is it hard to understand that most people probably care more about their own leagues than a staff/message board survivor one that they have no part in? I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for you guys, enjoy it, but there are a lot of knowledgable guys here who could post comentary on their drafts and they most likly would not get a lot of responces either.

By the way, if there is no money involved, I'm not interested in this for next year. Thanks for the offer though. :thumbup:
First prize = $500

Yudkin's team does look particularly strong now. I didn't vote for him initially in our writeups (I voted for Clayton) but with Anderson appearing legit, Moore being in the mix and the chance that TO will be on the field for at least part of the year :) , he could make noise.

Yeah, I did take it as a minor insult. For some reason you took it upon yourself to reply, but your reply wasn't about anything related to the draft itself.This draft was for some of the message board regulars to compete against the staff. For those that visit FBG often, I would think it would be interesting to many to see how a survivor draft played out.

Admittedly, this is a busy time of year in this hobby, and to break down both drafts and really analyze what happened would definately take an effort.

With that said, let me be one of the first if not the first to take a step against Dave Yudkin's team. I think Dave's team is powerful and will not be booted off anytime soon. He's got some great players in Terell Owens, Holmes, Fred Taylor, and Mike Anderson.

I emailed Dave after the draft about something else but happened to mention that this team is either going to run away with this or it's going to crash and burn in the middle of the season. The reason I say that is Terell Owens could fall apart at any time. Even if he doesn't, he always seems to miss a couple games here and there due to a nagging groin injury or they've got the playoffs locked up etc.........

Priest HOlmes.......choosing to pass on Lj could cost him big time. Priest Holmes could easily be spelled a game or 2 during the season, that's all it will take in this format to get bounced.

Fred Taylor.......he's played 1 preseaon game....stracth that, he played about 1 quarter of 1 preseason game. He looked like he was OK, but what he did is a far cry different than playing 16 games in a regular season.

Mike Anderson.......I still don't buy that Bell doesn't start at sometime this season.

Those are the negatives........there's plenty of positives to build off of as well......but since Dave is getting most of the love I thought I'd post a different slant on it.

By the way, he told me he doesn't want to be the favorite going in.....some I'm just trying to temper the enthusiasm.

So who wants me to break down their squad?I'll give my full evaluation later, but for now I'm multi-tasking at work and can only pull off one at a time.I will say that the staff is much stronger this year than they were last year...overall I think the teams are much more even, which should make it difficult to rank.

So who wants me to break down their squad?

I'll give my full evaluation later, but for now I'm multi-tasking at work and can only pull off one at a time.

I will say that I the staff is much stronger this year than they were last year...overall I think the teams are much more even, which should make it difficult to rank.
Feel free to take a shot at mine. I will likely agree with your criticisms - I know where and why certain errors were made, as explained in the thread on Ken Maxwell's site.

I'll give my full evaluation later, but for now I'm multi-tasking at work and can only pull off one at a time.

I will say that I the staff is much stronger this year than they were last year...overall I think the teams are much more even, which should make it difficult to rank.
Go ahead and tear me a new one. :D

Feel free to take a shot at mine. I will likely agree with your criticisms - I know where and why certain errors were made, as explained in the thread on Ken Maxwell's site.
Okay...here goes team Evilgrin,Brady, Tom NEP QB 7 8.06

Green, Trent KCC QB 5 6.06

Smith, Alex SFO QB 6 17.07

Very nice QB duo at where you grabbed them. Alex Smith was a wasted pick even before we knew he was getting demoted.

Blaylock, Derrick NYJ RB 8 12.06

Davis, Domanick HOU RB 3 1.07

Duckett, T.J. ATL RB 8 9.07

Green, Ahman GBP RB 6 2.06

Suggs, Lee CLE RB 4 5.07

IMHO, Morency is a necessary handcuff, so I would've went him or Davenport instead of Blaylock. Your other four are very nice obviously.

Brown, Reggie PHI WR 6 11.07

Clayton, Michael TBB WR 7 4.06

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR 8 15.07

Jones, Brandon TEN WR 10 20.06

Mason, Derrick BAL WR 3 7.07

Morgan, Quincy DAL WR 9 19.07

Toomer, Amani NYG WR 5 10.06

Williams, Mike DET WR 3 14.06

This is the weakness of your squad IMHO. You have four guys here that aren't starters which is going to kill you. Clayton and Mason are going to have to carry your squad here and I'm not high on Mason. The best teams are all carrying better depth here. WR depth is the key to this league IMHO.

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE 5 3.07

Kinney, Erron TEN TE 10 18.06

Great TEs.

Overall I think you'll finish in the middle, eventually succumbing to the teams that have better WR depth.

Go ahead and tear me a new one. :D
Team Radballs it is...Dilfer, Trent CLE QB 4 22.03

Manning, Peyton IND QB 8 2.03

Ramsey, Patrick WAS QB 3 21.10

Interesting. I would've went QB#2 earlier and used the extra roster spot elsewhere.

Bennett, Michael MIN RB 5 3.10

Henry, Travis TEN RB 10 9.10

McGahee, Willis BUF RB 9 1.10

Staley, Duce PIT RB 4 7.10

Thomas, Anthony DAL RB 9 19.10

This is interesting. I think you reached on Bennett, but Henry was solid value IMHO. This group is so/so. A lot of risk/reward here...difficult to prognosticate with Stayley/Henry/Bennett situations up in the air.

Curry, Ronald OAK WR 5 11.10

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 10 8.03

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR 8 13.10

Lloyd, Brandon SFO WR 6 10.03

Morgan, Quincy DAL WR 9 16.03

Smith, Jimmy JAC WR 7 5.10

Ward, Hines PIT WR 4 4.03

Williams, Mike DET WR 3 12.03

Not a big fan of this group with only four starters. It looks like you and Evilgrin were sharing the same brain as you both have jenkins, BMW and Morgan...all three of which aren't on any of my teams. Overall below average IMHO.

Anderson, Courtney OAK TE 5 17.10

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE 8 6.03

Looks good to me.

Overall I'd say you're below average at WR and have some risk at RB. You'll need Manning to carry a huge load to stay afloat early.

Okay...here goes team Evilgrin,Brady, Tom NEP QB 7 8.06

Green, Trent KCC QB 5 6.06

Smith, Alex SFO QB 6 17.07

Very nice QB duo at where you grabbed them. Alex Smith was a wasted pick even before we knew he was getting demoted.

Blaylock, Derrick NYJ RB 8 12.06

Davis, Domanick HOU RB 3 1.07

Duckett, T.J. ATL RB 8 9.07

Green, Ahman GBP RB 6 2.06

Suggs, Lee CLE RB 4 5.07

IMHO, Morency is a necessary handcuff, so I would've went him or Davenport instead of Blaylock. Your other four are very nice obviously.

Brown, Reggie PHI WR 6 11.07

Clayton, Michael TBB WR 7 4.06

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR 8 15.07

Jones, Brandon TEN WR 10 20.06

Mason, Derrick BAL WR 3 7.07

Morgan, Quincy DAL WR 9 19.07

Toomer, Amani NYG WR 5 10.06

Williams, Mike DET WR 3 14.06

This is the weakness of your squad IMHO. You have four guys here that aren't starters which is going to kill you. Clayton and Mason are going to have to carry your squad here and I'm not high on Mason. The best teams are all carrying better depth here. WR depth is the key to this league IMHO.

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE 5 3.07

Kinney, Erron TEN TE 10 18.06

Great TEs.

Overall I think you'll finish in the middle, eventually succumbing to the teams that have better WR depth.
Smith is basically a washout. I wanted to carry 3 QBs in the event that one of my main two got hurt, I wanted to make sure a bye week for the other wouldn't leave me with 0 from the QB spot. Now it looks like that will happen anyway.WRs are clearly the weak spot. I was higher on Mason and Clayton than most others based on what I perceive to be an opportunity to get a ton of targets. The other guys are hit and miss - if Williams, Brown, Jenkins, or Jones can breakout, I might be OK, but I have a feeling that this spot will kill me. I did not anticipate receivers to go as quickly as they did.

I believe your analysis is spot on.

Your thoughts on my squad?
Team Stuart...Brees, Drew SDC QB 10 9.10

Carr, David HOU QB 3 10.03

Losman, J.P. BUF QB 9 15.10

Not bad...Carr and Brees should be consistent. Losman was solid where you drafted him given your mediocrity at the top two spots.

Barber, Marion DAL RB 9 18.03

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB 6 13.10

Crockett, Zack OAK RB 5 21.10

Martin, Curtis NYJ RB 8 2.03

Parker, Willie PIT RB 4 19.10

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 6 1.10

I've been critical of the FBG ranking of Buckhalter since April(see critique series) so I obviously didn't like that pick even before the injury news...especially given the Moats emergence. I would've rather have seen a Blaylock handcuff than Buckhalter or Crockett. Willie Parker was a shark pick. I'm a big Barber fan, as he's on most of my Survivor teams including this league. I have both CuMar and Westbrook ranked higher than the consensus so overall I put your squad about average at RB.

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR 6 4.03

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 6 5.10

Horn, Joe NOS WR 10 3.10

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR 5 8.03

Porter, Jerry OAK WR 5 7.10

Randle El, Antwaan PIT WR 4 12.03

Robinson, Marcus MIN WR 5 14.03

Very nicely done here as you've got six solid starters. I have Horn and Kennison on my squad and actually drafted them earlier than you did so I obviously like those selections. I'm also high on Boldin. This is clearly the strength of your team. You should have no problem filling the flex spot with this group.

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE 5 6.03

Troupe, Ben TEN TE 10 11.10

I like both of these TEs as well, so I see this as another above average position for you.

To summarize, I'd expect this team to be a a contender because of your overall balance and potency at WR. This is what my team would have looked like if McNabb wouldn't have slid to me in the fouth...I would have waited on QB and went strong at WR. :hifive:

Since LHUCKS is in a critiquing mood, any real changes in your thoughts on my team? TIA . . .
What happened to your LJ handcuff? :P

Feeley, A.J. MIA QB 4 17.03

Frerotte, Gus MIA QB 4 14.10

Plummer, Jake DEN QB 9 7.03

You're going to see a handful of low scoring weeks from this position. Definitely below average when compared to the other teams.

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 8 1.03

Barlow, Kevan SFO RB 6 4.10

Bennett, Michael MIN RB 5 3.03

Perry, Chris CIN RB 10 12.10

Williams, Moe MIN RB 5 13.03

Mewelde rumors are circulating. I made it a point to avoid Minnesota and Carolina RBs.

Berrian, Bernard CHI WR 4 18.10

Caldwell, Reche SDC WR 10 15.03

Evans, Lee BUF WR 9 6.10

Gage, Justin CHI WR 4 22.10

Johnson, Chad CIN WR 10 2.10

Johnson, Keyshawn DAL WR 9 9.03

McCareins, Justin NYJ WR 8 10.10

Smith, Steve CAR WR 7 5.03

Bears WRs are a waste IMHO, but you're obviously strong at the top here.

Anderson, Courtney OAK TE 5 20.10

McMichael, Randy MIA TE 4 8.10

Will McMichael put up consistent numbers in a new offense with an unstable QB situation?

=======================================================

It just seems like you're a bit below average at each position outside of defense and WR. :shrug:
I hated the way the QBs fell - I got stuck choosing between the Miami duo, Dilfer, or two guys who shared a bye week with Plummer (I think it was Ramsey and Warner, not sure). I agree that this is below average.My RBs I like a lot more than you do. Bennett's risky, but I've got Barlow as well, which I think will prove to be a solid pick. Alexander of course should be quite good. Perry is impressing more and more each practice according to reports. I think he'll get the third down duties and increase his workload a bit as the year goes on. Moe always seems to get decent stats no matter what the RB situation is in Minnesota, and I think he'll do it again this season. Bennett's the key wildcard here, and you obviously don't like him, but I think I'm average at worst at RB.

I agree on the WRs - the Chicago guys were probably a waste, and I should have gone with a third PK in the last round instead of Gage, or taken a shot with some scrub RB like Dayne. My other WRs are good enough that I didn't need the #8 guy.

McMichael's put up increasing numbers every season with horrible QBs, including last year with a similar QB controversy. Of course he's not certain to do it again, but there's no real reason to think he won't. TE2 was a little frustrating - I just waited a bit too long. Still, Anderson's the starter, Jolley's gone, and Teyo doesn't seem to be able to put it together. He could be decent.

Defense is good, PKs are below average due to the bye week.

So I agree overall, but rate the RBs a bit higher than you do. I think my team hinges on Bennett somewhat, but I'm fine with that.

My RBs I like a lot more than you do.  Bennett's risky, but I've got Barlow as well, which I think will prove to be a solid pick.  Alexander of course should be quite good.  Perry is impressing more and more each practice according to reports.  I think he'll get the third down duties and increase his workload a bit as the year goes on.  Moe always seems to get decent stats no matter what the RB situation is in Minnesota, and I think he'll do it again this season.  Bennett's the key wildcard here, and you obviously don't like him, but I think I'm average at worst at RB.
You may be right about that actually. It's hard to know for sure with Bennett or Barlow.
So I agree overall, but rate the RBs a bit higher than you do.  I think my team hinges on Bennett somewhat, but I'm fine with that.
I think your team not only hinges on Bennet/Barlow, but also Lee Evans and McCareins.

Team Stuart...Brees, Drew SDC QB 10 9.10

Carr, David HOU QB 3 10.03

Losman, J.P. BUF QB 9 15.10

Not bad...Carr and Brees should be consistent. Losman was solid where you drafted him given your mediocrity at the top two spots.

I've been critical of the FBG ranking of Buckhalter since April(see critique series) so I obviously didn't like that pick even before the injury news...especially given the Moats emergence. I would've rather have seen a Blaylock handcuff than Buckhalter or Crockett. Willie Parker was a shark pick. I'm a big Barber fan, as he's on most of my Survivor teams including this league. I have both CuMar and Westbrook ranked higher than the consensus so overall I put your squad about average at RB.

Horn, Joe NOS WR 10 3.10

Very nicely done here as you've got six solid starters. I have Horn and Kennison on my squad and actually drafted them earlier than you did so I obviously like those selections. I'm also high on Boldin. This is clearly the strength of your team. You should have no problem filling the flex spot with this group.

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE 5 6.03

Troupe, Ben TEN TE 10 11.10

I like both of these TEs as well, so I see this as another above average position for you.

To summarize, I'd expect this team to be a a contender because of your overall balance and potency at WR. This is what my team would have looked like if McNabb wouldn't have slid to me in the fouth...I would have waited on QB and went strong at WR. :hifive:
Week 5/6 could be brutal for Chase. I see only four WRs in week 5. In week 6 the WRs will take another big hit and Chase will be down to one starting RB unless Bettis and Staley are still hurt...even then Haynes will be getting the 3rd down work. This was the same type of scenario that tripped up Fro last year.Barber, Marion DAL RB 9 18.03

Horn, Joe NOS WR 10 3.10

Week 5/6 could be brutal for Chase.  I see only four WRs in week 5.  In week 6 the WRs will take another big hit and Chase will be down to one starting RB unless Bettis and Staley are still hurt...even then Haynes will be getting the 3rd down work. 
Good point, I missed that. With only the top 8 teams remaining by the time the week 5/6 period comes along this is the sort of weakness that can cost you. I still like his draft though. :bag:

Since LHUCKS is in a critiquing mood, any real changes in your thoughts on my team? TIA . . .
LJ looked pretty good Friday nite. Look forward to many long TDs for team Messageboard. :P

I had a choice of LJ or Fragile Freddie at 4.11. In a regular league, I would have taken Johnson there, but not wanting to create a bye week nightmare, I took the guy with a great chance at a 1,500 yard total season if he plays (which he should).I didn't think Cowboy would have taken Johnson between my picks, as the sole purpose would be to disrupt my team. I don't really think LJ would have helped Cowboy's team all that much at that spot, as he had his two stud RB with the same bye week (Week 10). If Cowboy gets that far, he better hope Rickey and LJ are playing a lot by then.

If you remove Taylor and give me Johnson at that pick, I'm not sure my team would be that much better.

I had a choice of LJ or Fragile Freddie at 4.11. In a regular league, I would have taken Johnson there, but not wanting to create a bye week nightmare, I took the guy with a great chance at a 1,500 yard total season if he plays (which he should).I didn't think Cowboy would have taken Johnson between my picks, as the sole purpose would be to disrupt my team. I don't really think LJ would have helped Cowboy's team all that much at that spot, as he had his two stud RB with the same bye week (Week 10). If Cowboy gets that far, he better hope Rickey and LJ are playing a lot by then.

If you remove Taylor and give me Johnson at that pick, I'm not sure my team would be that much better.
Not better for the entire year, but better in that ONE elimination TBD.

Can't say I disagree with you there. I would have definitely taken Freddy over LJ. That being said, I don't think it was a bad move by IWBC. LJ is the kind of player that can take you to the promise land in the second half of the season and IWBC seems to be just fine at the other positions. The bye week issue is interesting but given I like his depth at WR and RB and its bi-weekly elimination period, the risk may very well be worth the reward. LJ has looked amazing this preseason.

Good overall analysis LHUCKS. One question though. Can you explain how having the number 5 and 7 RBs from last year in terms of FPs (and the number 7 and 5 RBs from last year in terms of FP/G) are average? With 24 starting RBs, I'm a bit confused. And it's not like either of those guys (Westbrook or Martin) have seen their situations do anything but improve (Buckhalter injury, Jordan gone).

I'd be interested in any critique of my team. I got knocked for the number of byes I have in weeks 5, 7 and 9, but I explained my thoughts on it in the commentary. I'm also curious why LHUCKS, JoeT and Bass aren't getting more love - those teams are solid.

Good overall analysis LHUCKS. One question though. Can you explain how having the number 5 and 7 RBs from last year in terms of FPs (and the number 7 and 5 RBs from last year in terms of FP/G) are average? With 24 starting RBs, I'm a bit confused. And it's not like either of those guys (Westbrook or Martin) have seen their situations do anything but improve (Buckhalter injury, Jordan gone).
Lack of handcuffs and a solid #3. I haven't looked but I'm willing to bet four of five teams have better RBs.

Choices for the other team you'd most want:

Yudkin 5

LHUCKS 3

Rudnicki 2.5

Carlton 2.5

BassNBrew 2

JoeT

IsleOfMisfitToys

Shick

Anderson

IWBAC

Smith

Wood

Maxwell

None for Ticks :sadbanana:
Or MOP as well. We're the dark horses Tick.

I'm also curious why LHUCKS, JoeT and Bass aren't getting more love - those teams are solid.
I got the second most votes. JoeT gets no love because he gives no love, but his team is solid, just like last year's.

Bass' team is strong also. Edited to add: He got two votes, so his squad isn't going totally unnoticed.

Users who are viewing this thread