What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars The Last Jedi Episode 8 thread: this thread sucks, you should avoid it even after you've seen the movie (2 Viewers)

I am vacationing in South Beaxh (technically South Pointe) and having a late lunch with a few beers surrounded by amazingly beautiful woman. Literally a hard 9 sitting at the bar next to me and there are 3 guys discussing Star Wars at such nerdian levels that I have to believe they have to be some posters from here. 

Natale Portman, love triangles and whatever garbage I am trying to ignore while I am taking in the sights (they are great) makes me sad inside. Just a bit. 
Look at it this way, we are all debating Star Wars while staring at a monitor.  They were debating Star Wars surrounded by hotties.  They win.

My reaction upon a second viewing is the same as the first - there are a lot of good parts, there are a LOT of bad parts.

TFA/TLJ are like The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions...there's one good movie to be had buried in those two movies.

Did I just see Princess Leia float through outer space?

I am not a super nerd Star Wars Fan.  I am a fan though, seeing the originals many times over, having the (dis)pleasure of watching the 1-3 trilogy, and have now seen Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

Regarding Last Jedi, man, there was a LOT going on in this movie.  Not just plot lines but lots of things happening on screen all the time, god, what was the CGI budget on this thing??

Who knows where Rey really came from.  My guess is she was "Spawned" by the force.  

Enjoyed the movie, will certainly see part 9.  

ghostguy123 said:
Did I just see Princess Leia float through outer space?

I am not a super nerd Star Wars Fan.  I am a fan though, seeing the originals many times over, having the (dis)pleasure of watching the 1-3 trilogy, and have now seen Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

Regarding Last Jedi, man, there was a LOT going on in this movie.  Not just plot lines but lots of things happening on screen all the time, god, what was the CGI budget on this thing??

Who knows where Rey really came from.  My guess is she was "Spawned" by the force.  

Enjoyed the movie, will certainly see part 9.  
Sadly yes.  That was Leia floating through space..  :X

Wow, just read through the past 4 or 5 pages. Star Wars really is serious business here.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I stopped following the series after Attack of the Clones. I'm old enough to have seen the original Star Wars when it was released in the theaters. I saw the next 2 in the theater too. I wasn't a huge fan but I liked them well enough. I've seen the first 2 a couple of times since but I don't think I ever saw Return of the Jedi a second time. I was looking forward to seeing Phantom Menace and was really disappointed in it. I made it about halfway through Attack of the Clones before giving up on it and never went back to the series. I decided to start from the beginning and give it another shot. Phantom Menace was as bad as I remembered it but this time I made it through Attack of the Clones. Still didn't care for it much, mostly due to Hayden Christianson, but I got through it. But gotta admit, I loved Revenge of the Sith! Despite Christianson, who is a little better in this one, still miscast though, imo. The story, the fight scenes, less cartoonish and an incredible second half. I can only imagine the reaction in the theater the first time people heard Darth Vader breathe.

Looking forward to Rogue One next before returning to the original trilogy.

Far, far, faaar from a Star Wars geek.  But I do watch them, and I have enjoyed most of them for what they are.  Just saw this one this past weekend.  So, what exactly happened to Luke? 

Now I'll be fair, its a little late, so god knows what work they've done in post, but they've put together a serviceable "Solo" trailer thats the most encouraging look we've gotten so far.  

Far, far, faaar from a Star Wars geek.  But I do watch them, and I have enjoyed most of them for what they are.  Just saw this one this past weekend.  So, what exactly happened to Luke?
Luke used all that was left of himself to confront Kylo. So, much like how Obi Wan joined the "force" after confronting Vader, so did Luke, just not as "dramatically". :mellow:

Luke used all that was left of himself to confront Kylo. So, much like how Obi Wan joined the "force" after confronting Vader, so did Luke, just not as "dramatically". :mellow:
So he died?  And will only be seen in that stupid ghost form from now on?

Copeman said:
snogger said:
So he died?  And will only be seen in that stupid ghost form from now on?
:yes: .. Just like Yoda showed up at the Burning bush... errrr.. Burning tree.... He shall show up for support...

http://www.businessinsider.com/rian-johnson-taunted-campaign-to-remake-his-star-wars-the-last-jedi-2018-6

Group of people want to remake the Last Jedi.

Rian Johnson✔@rianjohnson

please please please please pleeeeeeeaaaase please actually happen please please please please please

Remake The Last Jedi@RMTheLastJedi

Our team of producers is offering to cover the budget for a remake of The Last Jedi in order to save Star Wars. Share this and spread the word to let @RobertIger & @Disney know you want this! This isn't a joke, we're ready to have the convo now! #RemakeTheLastJedi #StarWars

12:19 PM - Jun 21, 2018

http://www.businessinsider.com/rian-johnson-taunted-campaign-to-remake-his-star-wars-the-last-jedi-2018-6

Group of people want to remake the Last Jedi.

Rian Johnson✔@rianjohnson

please please please please pleeeeeeeaaaase please actually happen please please please please please

Remake The Last Jedi@RMTheLastJedi

Our team of producers is offering to cover the budget for a remake of The Last Jedi in order to save Star Wars. Share this and spread the word to let @RobertIger & @Disney know you want this! This isn't a joke, we're ready to have the convo now! #RemakeTheLastJedi #StarWars

12:19 PM - Jun 21, 2018
Nerds gonna nerd.

https://youtu.be/Ey68aMOV9gc

VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST - A STAR WARS THEORY FAN-FILM

Pretty good stuff.
I am not a prequel basher by any means but this is exactly what the 3rd prequel movie should have been based on.   The first movie should have not wasted 2+ hours on a young Anakin.  The second movie should have ended with Anakin becoming Vader and then the 3rd movie could have focused on something interesting like this story above you linked.

===============================

As a side question, the production values on this fan made film are outrageously good.  Are they partially funded by Disney (I assume they had to get the rights to the characters, music etc to do this)?

NewlyRetired said:
I am not a prequel basher by any means but this is exactly what the 3rd prequel movie should have been based on.   The first movie should have not wasted 2+ hours on a young Anakin.  The second movie should have ended with Anakin becoming Vader and then the 3rd movie could have focused on something interesting like this story above you linked.

===============================

As a side question, the production values on this fan made film are outrageously good.  Are they partially funded by Disney (I assume they had to get the rights to the characters, music etc to do this)?
Totally agree. I have been saying the same thing about the prequels for years  Episode 1 should have had a time jump  

My issue with the fan film above was how much it has been hyped and then it is a totally incomplete story. The guy made something great but it just feels like he is trolling for clicks and will never make the next episodes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree. I have been saying the same thing about the prequels for years  Episode 1 should have had a time jump  

My issue with the fan film above was how much it has been hyped and then it is a totally incomplete story. The guy made something great but it just feels like he is trolling for clicks and will never make the next episodes. 
It takes awhile to put these things together. Especially one as good looking as this. They don't have big studios to get it all cranked out for them. They're usually 3-10 people doing all of these things by hand. Even the parody ones like Auralnauts still take 6-9 months of editing and sound work to make. 

what gives you this impression?
He said in the comments he can’t accept money/ads for this and he hopes to do a second. 

I thought the effects were amazing but Palpatine was LOL bad and that hug scene was cringe-worthy. I’d watch another but it didn’t interest me much. 

no.  I was asking what made him think putting that much work into a labor of love was akin to trolling.
There is a followup video of ways to help him generate funds. It just seemed the hype of this “fan film” was much more than what we ended up with — a 15 min trailer for the next episode. The darth maul fan film is short and much better imo. 

I have friends who have made two feature films that have been submitted to film festivals on budgets less than $20k. I know how hard it is to make movies and how long it takes. This certainly had some good effects but I don’t know, something seems off to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread