What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Justin Blackmon Wk 5 Over ______________ (1 Viewer)

Starting him over Cecil Shorts and Bowe. Just a hunch that his first game back is a big one, a la Josh Gordon.

As of right now at flex, based on my options, over nate Washington, Brandon Myers (1.5 PPR for TE), Mathews

Gabbert factor?
Gabbert sucks, bad. Gotta figure Blackmon gets 10 targets, maybe more. Not quality targets with Gabby slingin it, but I like Blackmon so long as they are going up against a defense like the Rams. Not good enough to completely shut everything down.

Not sure I can pull the trigger, but I think I'm going to put him in over Stevie Johnson. No way I would have been able to do that a week ago, but last week was a major let down.

If Amendola plays, he'd be starting in my flex over Hartline and DeAngelo (Morris on bye)

If Amendola doesn't play, he's almost definitely starting as my WR3.

In one league I am starting him over McGahee, D. Hopkins and J. Bell. In another I am starting him over R. White. Both leagues are PPR.

I know it's not the same situation, BUT I almost didn't start Gordon his 1st week back. What a mistake that would have been.

Not sure I can pull the trigger, but I think I'm going to put him in over Stevie Johnson. No way I would have been able to do that a week ago, but last week was a major let down.
Same here. Stevie Johnson is going up against Haden on Thursday night. It's already a tough matchup and Thursday Nights have done nothing but disappoint me when it comes to my WR's for years. Even though I'm benching him, I hope he has a good game, because it would be a nice sign for the future.

He'll also be starting over my other options, Dwayne Bowe and Eddie Lacy. Bowe is useless and I want to see how the new situation in Green Bay plays out before I start Lacy.

Never thought I would say this, but chose him over Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith and Roddy White this week. Roddy was an easy one. Carolina has been a mess and Reggie Wayne gets Richard Sherman this week.

Still might throw Wayne in before Sunday, but I have a feeling Blackmon has a big first game back so I'll probably just take the risk.

Starting him over Cecil Shorts and Bowe. Just a hunch that his first game back is a big one, a la Josh Gordon.
I'm starting Shorts over Blackmon. I see a higher ceiling for Blackmon, but a much lower floor. Playing it safe.
I'm in this boat as well. Leaning Shorts because of the lower floor. Kind of want to see Blackmon back first, but as others have said Josh Gordon Factor in play. Fwiw fbg has Blackmon ahead of Shorts.

Macdaddy_2004 said:
Considering over Fred Jackson, Danny Woodhead and Brian hartline in my flex.
:shock:
Considering it not saying I'm going to - FJAX has a tough matchup and hobbled. Blackmon could have a monster game..............
He could but he has Gabbert throwing to him. I think the Gordon thing is getting peoples expectations up too high. Don't get me wrong, I'm starting him this week as well and hope for it to be Gordon-like, but I think the chances are very slim. He also doesn't have a James Cameron to keep defenses honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to choose between Blackmon and Ridley. Right now I am leaning Blacmon, but that is subject to change. :coffee:

Trying to get this guy in a trade. If I do, I'd start him over Marlon Brown and Royal (and Roddy since he's hurting).

Any predictions for the rest of the year?

Possibly over S Johnson, Fleener and Floyd

Have Fleener in right now. Very tempted to put him in though.

1. Probably over Nicks (nope, over DHB)

2. Not over Gordon, Cruz, and Marshall

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Hoyer >>> Blaine Gabbert

Cle OL > Jax OL

Chud > Bradley

Josh Gordon ?>? Justin Blackmon

Might want to tap the brakes on that comp.

I'm not starting him until Henne gets involved...

Next week, down big, Henne at QB (hopefully)... Could be a good week, but not this week.

Brian Hoyer >>> Blaine Gabbert

Cle OL > Jax OL

Chud > Bradley

Josh Gordon ?>? Justin Blackmon

Might want to tap the brakes on that comp.
I understand everyone is still a little excited about Gordon's big game in week 3, but keep in mind it was the result of 19 targets and the defense not respecting Hoyer. Plus, he caught a few long bombs in his rookie year to get everyone excited, but in terms of pure talent, I think Blackmon > Gordon

So yeah, Gabbert is worse as is the offensive line, but Blackmon is a stud. Starting him his first week back and expecting anything more than 4/60 is probably taking it too far, but if he were to get 19 targets like Gordon, I think he just might do more with them than Gordon.

Debating him or Marlon Brown right now. Considering my WR3 options after Dez and Cobb are Blackmon, Marlon Brown, Broyles, S. HIll (concussed) and Keenan Allen, I figure why not roll with Blackmon this week.

I drafted both Gordon and Blackmon in one league... started R Streater/Hopkins next to J Nelson in weeks 1,2.

Getting Gordon back week 3 was nice... going to sit Hopkins and pop in Blackmon and hope for a similar return.

Tough choice between Blackmon and D. Moore.

Blackmon - Shorts hampered by groin / C. Finnegan questionable for this weekend

Moore - Pryor returning / Oakland at home

:shrug:

Question, assuming both are 100 healthy, is Shorts or Blackmon the WR1 for the Jags?

Rolling with Thompkins over Blackmon this week, but hope he gives me reason to make it a tougher call next week.

Would certainly depend on who I would be starting him over. Someone like Wallace? No, at least not his first week back. Hopkins? Possibly. But the JAX offense is atrocious. Can't move the

ball whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread