What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup Dynasty Mock Draft w/ Rookies (1 Viewer)

Rodeojones

Footballguy
Looking for link/s for start up dynasty mock drafts with rookies included in draft. I am especially interested to see where the J. Russell's, AD's and C. Johnson's are being drafted along side veterans.

I would also be interested in people's opinions on where the future studs (rookies) should go.

Just my own feelings... I'm not sure where they really "should" go, but this is where I think they will go.

Russell - Not even on the radar. Even as their second QB, I suspect most would draft a young starter like Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers before Russell (I would). This QB crop isn't last year's Leinart / Young / Cutler. In a rookie only draft, he goes top 10 perhaps. In a vet / rookie, he might last until round 10.

AD - early to mid second round. Someone will draft him as their second RB. Possibly the guy who drafts Rudi late in the first, and grabs a young guy on the return. Faced with AD or some "solid but unexciting" guy like McGahee / Henry / Chester Taylor / Benson, many will pick AD.

CJ - late second / early third. I suspect someone will take him after Smith, Fitz, and Chad are gone, and before Evans, Colston, and Walker go.

Just my own feelings... I'm not sure where they really "should" go, but this is where I think they will go. Russell - Not even on the radar. Even as their second QB, I suspect most would draft a young starter like Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers before Russell (I would). This QB crop isn't last year's Leinart / Young / Cutler. In a rookie only draft, he goes top 10 perhaps. In a vet / rookie, he might last until round 10.AD - early to mid second round. Someone will draft him as their second RB. Possibly the guy who drafts Rudi late in the first, and grabs a young guy on the return. Faced with AD or some "solid but unexciting" guy like McGahee / Henry / Chester Taylor / Benson, many will pick AD. CJ - late second / early third. I suspect someone will take him after Smith, Fitz, and Chad are gone, and before Evans, Colston, and Walker go.
Agreed.I would take Russell after my second QB, usually as a flier for future trade value.I might look at AD late first, if I don't like the RB's left, in a non-PPR league. In a PPR league, he should go mid-second, after the first few top WR's.I agree 100% on CJ. Late second to early third.

I'm looking for links to drafts as well, maybe we are a bit early?
The thing I don't like about mocks is I seem to draft way different when it truly matters. In a mock, I'm much more on the "predicatble" rankings path. But in a recent dynasty startup (no rookies), I reached in the 4th round for Vince Young because I really wanted him for my team. I wouldn't do that in a mock.

Users who are viewing this thread