What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stephen King's "Under the Dome" coming to CBS (2 Viewers)

Okay, so I watched this on Amazon Prime. I think I'm mainly down for some hate-watching from here on out. The pilot was like a parody of a Stephen King story.

Surprised they killed off Jeff Fahey in the 1st episode
Other than the reporter, most of the acting is terrible. The Lesbian Couple are really annoying

I'm probably out. Tonight's episode was maybe the worst tv episode I have seen in years. This is the reason I never watch network shows anymore, they just have garbage writers and fake cliffhangers that don't go anywhere like the "you shouldn't have followed me" line

I'm probably out. Tonight's episode was maybe the worst tv episode I have seen in years. This is the reason I never watch network shows anymore, they just have garbage writers and fake cliffhangers that don't go anywhere like the "you shouldn't have followed me" line
Is it worse than "The Following"?

Since several people stated this show sucks, I will have to watch the first three episodes this week. If I agree it sucks I will stop recording it.

I'd put it about even with The Following in total suckitude, with a 2% chance that it pulls out of the tailspin and finds some way to redeem itself.

Ok, maybe that's a generous 2%.

Hmmm. I liked the first episode but haven't seen the other two yet. Doesn't sound promising.

I really enjoyed the book and REALLY wanted to like the show... and i'm sure I'll finish watching it when I'm bored (I have it dvr'd), but yeah, it's going downhill quickly..

It's really, really cheesy.. like after school special cheesy..

edit to add... They did address the "Simpson's did it first" last night :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it's sitting on my DVR, but strongly thinking about deleting the season pass and not even watching based on what I'm reading here.

I was worried this show would go down this road, but not this fast!

I didn't watch episode 3 yet. I take it I shouldn't bother?
It's not as bad as the posts have gotten in here. You know how FBG is. It's almost a race to see who can crap on a show first, and then all the agreements start coming in. I think it's fine. It's not Masterpiece Theater, or anything like that, but it's not awful. However, I was a fan of the book (minus the ending), so take that with a grain of salt.

Eh... goth chick getting after the hero is kinda boneriffic.

school bully dicknose is overplayed.

Crazy kid getting crazier is overdone to boot.

That was a quick jumping of hte shark.

Last night on the news SK said he pulled his book "Rage" off of the shelves. Apparently this book is about someone going nuts and massive shooting. After seeing all the shootings irl, he decided not to possibly contribute to the problem. He is also of the belief that we need better gun control. He sounded anti-guns.

As for epi 3, it's like 2. Of course 1 is probably going to be the best because it is the beginning and the special effects. If you really like SK and his style and are a big fan, then why not watch it. Asking if you should watch an epi seems pointless because everyone has different opinions on it, imo.

CurlyNight said:
Last night on the news SK said he pulled his book "Rage" off of the shelves. Apparently this book is about someone going nuts and massive shooting. After seeing all the shootings irl, he decided not to possibly contribute to the problem. He is also of the belief that we need better gun control. He sounded anti-guns.

As for epi 3, it's like 2. Of course 1 is probably going to be the best because it is the beginning and the special effects. If you really like SK and his style and are a big fan, then why not watch it. Asking if you should watch an epi seems pointless because everyone has different opinions on it, imo.
Rage was written under his pseudonym R Bachman. It was about a highschool kid that holds a class hostage and shoots it up. I remember liking it. it was also the first thing I thought of when Columbine happened.

CurlyNight said:

Rage was written under his pseudonym R Bachman. It was about a highschool kid that holds a class hostage and shoots it up. I remember liking it. it was also the first thing I thought of when Columbine happened.
What's the deal with going under a pseudonym if everyone knows it is you?

CurlyNight said:

What's the deal with going under a pseudonym if everyone knows it is you?
When he released the Bachman books no one knew it was him.

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but I'll stick with it a little longer. Junior might be the worst actor on TV.

I couldn't sleep and watched the 3rd episode last night. It wasn't any worse than the 2nd. Junior is just a terrible actor. The rest are okay, the guy playing Big Jim is actually good (as was the Sheriff they killed in episode 1). I doubt it will get much better, but I'm curious to see how they twist King's story.

I couldn't sleep and watched the 3rd episode last night. It wasn't any worse than the 2nd. Junior is just a terrible actor. The rest are okay, the guy playing Big Jim is actually good (as was the Sheriff they killed in episode 1). I doubt it will get much better, but I'm curious to see how they twist King's story.
I guess you've never seen Breaking Bad. He a main character on that show.

Nope, never watched it. I think I tried the first episode and couldn't stick with it. Same happened with the Wire. And I'm aware that most people think those 2 shows are beyond great. I just wasn't entertained enough initially. This recently happened again with the first episode of Ray Donovan.... I just was like "meh" after seeing it and I don't care to watch anymore unless I find myself really bored.

Nope, never watched it. I think I tried the first episode and couldn't stick with it. Same happened with the Wire. And I'm aware that most people think those 2 shows are beyond great. I just wasn't entertained enough initially. This recently happened again with the first episode of Ray Donovan.... I just was like "meh" after seeing it and I don't care to watch anymore unless I find myself really bored.
It took me a few episodes to get into The Wire but I think if Breaking Bad didn't grab you by the first episode, it's probably not for you. And yes, I think those are the two greatest shows ever made. Never gave Ray Donovan a chance. It looked boring from the previews.

worse than Junior, maybe not in acting skills though, is that dopey stoner kid with the wool cap. I hope he dies soon.

Oh wow... go back and give breaking bad a shot for 3 episodes. Seriously, GB. You will love it once you give it a shot. Possibly the best show ever made. No hyperbole.

Dropping in to mention, for the second time if needed, that Rachelle Lefevre is unbelievably gorgeous and makes the show worth watching. I like Barbie too. Like someone said: it's watchable. "The Following" is vile trash by comparison.

Dropping in to mention, for the second time if needed, that Rachelle Lefevre is unbelievably gorgeous and makes the show worth watching. I like Barbie too. Like someone said: it's watchable. "The Following" is vile trash by comparison.
She's cute but I'd like to see more of Junior's hostage girlfriend.

She's cute but I'd like to see more of Junior's hostage girlfriend.
Oh, yeah. She's pretty too. RL looks like a supermodel, tho. I guess all I've ever seen her in was Twilight (don't judge) and she was all vamped out, so I didn't realize.

Last edited by a moderator:
woah, I watched episodes 2 and 3 last night on TIVO. Horrible writing (the teenagers lines made me yell at the TV in disgust).... bad show.

I'm out.

I'm actually a little bored right now after epi 2 and 3. No action and too slow of a plot forming. But, there is nothing else good on Mondays at 10 pm..

Users who are viewing this thread