What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson, Stud or Dud? (1 Viewer)

Where does SJ end up ranked at year end?

• Steven Jackson ends up top 5 RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steven Jackson ends up top 10 RB

• Steven Jackson ends up 10-15 RB

• Steven Jackson ends up 15-20 RB

• Total voters

Chaos

Footballguy
No stats to back this up, just my guy feel after watching him play.

First off, he is great at draws and pass catching.

However, he seems tenative when going for short yardage or goaline situations. Also I question his vision as well as he sometimes runs into his blockers.

New coach aside, I think he falls out of the top 10 and could stay in the 15-20 range.

Last year he was in the top 5-8 until Bulger got injured.

When Martin/Fitz were in the defenses just stacked against the run, makes it hard to run.

I think he'll be top 10, likely top 5 as long as Bulger doesn't get hurt, which is a big IF.

yards and 2 td's and

Last year he was in the top 5-8 until Bulger got injured.

When Martin/Fitz were in the defenses just stacked against the run, makes it hard to run.

I think he'll be top 10, likely top 5 as long as Bulger doesn't get hurt, which is a big IF.
Love Steven but your #'s aren't actually correct.in week 6, 7 and 8 the first 3 games Bulger missed Jackson went off for 3 of his best games. Week 6, 17 carries for 88 and a td. In week 7 he had 20 carries for 97 and 2 td's and the next week he had 25 carries for 179 yards. Then actually Bulger came back and he had 2 horrible games of a combined 29 carries for 79 yards. After that Bulger went out again and he had another good game in Houston where he had 25 carries for 110 and a touch.

These #'s surprise me but actually he avged. 12 points without Bulger in and only 10 with Bulger in and that's even giving him the Indy game when Bulger was out before half time and Steven score 17 ff points. At the end of the year the Rams really threw it in so if you take away acouple of those really bad games (3,6,8,10) at the end this # would even be more eye popping. I don't know if this means Steven is just really this good or what but I don't think he is directly dependent on Bulger.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I like what Linehan did with the run game for the fish. I think the biggest worry with SJAX is him staying healthy. I think the Rams offense will remain very productive and that alone will give SJ the opportunity to stay top 10, IF he can remain healthy, I still think he can finish in the top 5 fantasy wise. I think the worries of Faulk eating into his playing time will be over. This guy wants to touch the ball at least 25 times a game. Offensive line will be younger and hopefully hungrier than last years version as well.

It seems that there is 12-15 rb's that carry a similar risk/reward factor to SJax's. Drafting runningbacks is going to be more difficult next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that there is 12-15 rb's that carry a similar risk/reward factor to SJax's. Drafting runningbacks is going to be more difficult next season.
One thing that should bump SJ is the fact that as of right now, nobody is pushing for his job, or a heavy part of his carries. You look around the league, and there is alot of commitee potential on alot of teams.

S-jax is just not a good back. He is the reason the rams don't run. The rams should try and trade him for reggie bush. Mabey even go after alexander.

S-Jax is a good back, in fact I think he is a great back. The problems with him was Martz and the play calling. That should be changed so he should do well, as long as he can stay healthy.

Jackson has little compitition for carries is a good recievng Rb and has a good offensive line.

If he can stay healthy I think he will be a top 12 Rb in 2006. But minor injury concerns and games where he gets totaly shut down give me some pause. I think he is a lock for one of the better Rb 2s in the league and potentialy a value pick if he falls to the turn in drafts in 06 because he could have a very good year although I doubt he cracks top 5.

S-jax is just not a good back. He is the reason the rams don't run. The rams should try and trade him for reggie bush. Mabey even go after alexander.
What would make you say this. Do you have any reasons or just the one game you've ever watched before he didn't preform that good. This might be the most ridiculious post I've ever seen on this board. Sorry to get alittle ticked here but after this post you deserve it. Let's see here they didn't run alot, the team wasn't in competition for a playoff spot, they loss their starting qb and their coach. He had alot of things going against him this year and he still finished #11. That's not horrible, plus he missed a game at the end of the year so with no injuries most likely he's in the top ten on a team that doesn't give him alot of attempts. Yeah he sure does suck. Please don't respond to this because I don't know if I can take another dumb post like th one before.

Well, if you compare him to what Bennett did while he was OC for the Vikings (adjusted across seasons for his time missed), then Jackson is money for about 1400 yards and 7 TDs. Of course, STL doesn't have a goal-line vulture like Moe Williams, so you can probably bump that up to 12 or 15.

I think that would rank in the top 10, and potentially top 5.

All I'm saying is that I would rather have a different RB. I would rather have faulk in them him. He is the one and only Ram I hate. He's not a great RB just a decent one.

All I'm saying is that I would rather have a different RB. I would rather have faulk in them him. He is the one and only Ram I hate. He's not a great RB just a decent one.
Why, give me some reasons. Do you not like his speed, power, vision, etc.?

He's not consistint. he can go from 170 yard to 12 yards. he only averages like 4 yards per rush. I need faulk type numbers from him.

He's not consistint. he can go from 170 yard to 12 yards. he only averages like 4 yards per rush. I need faulk type numbers from him.
I'm sure you meant "consistent", but that'll be in tomorrow English class lessson, I'm sure. :D The problem with Steven Jackson is expecting him to be Marshall Faulk. It's not happening.

That's the problem sometimes with fantasy football. The Rams draft a RB and everyone falls all over themselves trying to get the pick to draft Steven Jackson. Marshall Faulk did not just die and reincarnate himself in Jackson's body. Expecting similar results because of the uniform a guy wears in a mistake.

Anybody think Aaron Rodgers will be the "next" Brett Favre? Lots of people did this past summer in the dynasty drafts I took part in...

If jackson is top 10 good we would have one of the top offenses. The offense should be on the same page with the colts and bengals. Faulk gave us 1300 rush yards and we were that good. He dosn't make other teams try and stop him like a top ten RB.

Alaxander

LT

Edge

Larry Jonson

Tiki

Rudi jonson

Carnel Willams

Wille Parker

Reggei Bush

W. Dunn

Domanick Davis

Lamant Jordan

All those guys are better then S-Jax.

If jackson is top 10 good we would have one of the top offenses. The offense should be on the same page with the colts and bengals. Faulk gave us 1300 rush yards and we were that good. He dosn't make other teams try and stop him like a top ten RB.

Alaxander

LT

Edge

Larry Jonson

Tiki

Rudi jonson

Carnel Willams

Wille Parker

Reggei Bush

W. Dunn

Domanick Davis

Lamant Jordan

First of all you spelled half of their names wrong. Second, If you know that Bush is a better NFL running back than Jackson, please look into your crystal ball and tell me the winning Powerball numbers. Bush has not played a single down, and yet he is a top 10 back?? Potential, sure, but you can't put him aboe Jackson.If you want to go off skill, then Jackson beats out Dunn, Parker, and Davis easily

Alaxander

LT

Edge

Larry Jonson

Tiki

Rudi jonson

Carnel Willams

Wille Parker

Reggei Bush

W. Dunn

Domanick Davis

Lamant Jordan

No, young fella. Several of the guys on this list are NOT better than Steven Jackson, including Jordan, Dunn, Davis, Williams, Parker, and most definitely Bush, considering he's never played in the NFL. Jordan is a nice player, and Davis CAN be solid at times as well, but none of these characters are any better than Jackson. Production is all about opportunity, Oline, supporting cast, a system, and solid coaching. My bet is that each of these areas will improve next year for the Rams, so Id expect production from Jackson to improve as well......granted he is able to stay healthy.

4.1 yards per avg to exact. I think alot of team would take that. This si only his first real year as well being " The Guy." That's fine if you don't think so, you can skip on him all day and I'll be glad to take him.

I just would like a player that I like on my favorite team. I dislike Jax. So Iwould like someone that can get like 5.1 yards per rush. If Faulk could do it Jax should be able to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, most expect top 10 from him? I was thinking about trading him depending on what happens with Ricky...Might have to re-evaluate

If Faulk could do it Jax should be able to do it.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Have you learned nothing today, young fella? Expecting Marshall Faulk numbers just because Jackson plays for the Rams is foolish.

Marshall Faulk is a Hall of Famer who dominated his position for YEARS. Steven Jackson is a solid running back. Other than the uniform they wear, what similarities do you see?

I disagree. I think the reason they didn't run is because Martz is a blithering idiot. I think he's talented and has speed and power...he just needs to see that in himself...get a little confidence. I think Martz had an adverse affect on his confidence. I'd say he's certainly top 10 material. Let's just hope the new coach utilizes him properly.

:no: Faulk was one of the most unique RB's to ever play in the NFL, very few if any RB's are going to be able to do what he did.

Jackson can be a great RB, but he isn't going to be Marshall Faulk.

:no: Faulk was one of the most unique RB's to ever play in the NFL, very few if any RB's are going to be able to do what he did.

Faulk = Roger CraigJackson = (dare I say) Eric Dickerson

Faulk = Roger CraigJackson = (dare I say) Eric Dickerson
Jackson = (dare I say) Eric Dickerson.Yards wise or fumble wise?

i've said it since he was drafted, the guy is not a special back. he is many times tentative hitting the hole and he doesn't have an extra gear. those expecting faulk jr once he took the starting job were out of their minds.

i've said it since he was drafted, the guy is not a special back.
There are very few (maybe 3 or 4) special backs in the NFL, so that really isn't saying much. I don't think anyone is saying he is a once in a lifetime type talent, but that doesn't mean he can't be a very solid RB.

Users who are viewing this thread