What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson Survivors (1 Viewer)

JuniorNB

Footballguy
I'm sure quite a few people who drafted SJax with the third or fourth overall pick are probably not in the playoffs as a result, but for those who somehow survived, you may finally be rewarded this week.

Jackson gets a home game against Seattle. Seattle's one of the few teams that the Rams can play where they'll actually still be in the game in the second half. That's good for a running back.

I also belive that Jackson has had a lot of great games against the Seahawks, especially at home.

Fact-based or wishful thinking? Probably the latter, but with Jacobs out, I'm trying to give myself confidence. :hopeandpray:

I traded TO for SJax (PPR) right before the big Dallas game. Looked like a genius for a whole week. I barely clawed my way into the playoffs, and hoping for a big day as I go against the #1 seed and the highest scoring team in the league this week.

He's had two solid outings in a row, and he pretty much IS their offense. I expect greatness.

In an eight-team family league, I reluctantly took him 9th overall. However, I have still managed to dominate, going 11-3 and easily securing the number 1 seed for the playoffs. DeAngalo Williams and Chris Johnson being my 4th and 5th drafted RBs, respectively, have something to do with it, I think... :yes:

I barely clawed my way into the playoffs, and hoping for a big day as I go against the #1 seed and the highest scoring team in the league this week.
Same boat here...and this is probably a common story from us with SJax. We may have made the playoffs and won the first round...but we're all likely playing the #1 or #2 seed this week.For me...that's the team with Brees, LBJ, and Westy.I need a HUGE week from Stevie to have a prayer.

I've waited all this time but I doubt I start him. I was also smart enough to draft Thomas Jones and Chris Johnson. Another wasted first rounder I guess. Luckily I squeaked into the playoffs.

Thanks to D-Will, Slaton and Turner (and Roddy White, Calvin, Warner and Cutler) I had no problems getting the 1 seed. My issue now is do I put SJax in for one of these guys. I feel like I should use him but they are certainly the guys that got me here.

I'm liking the matchup, but the brutal Rams offense is also concerning. As you said, Junior, at least it seems unlikely that the Seahawks will blow them out.

That said, still thinking of starting him over LT.

I started him over Westbrook last week and it killed me... also started him over Chris Johnson the week SJax tried to come back and played only a few snaps while CJ was huge--- so I'm a little gun shy starting him now.... I am planning on West and CJ this week, but SJax keeps creaping into my head... I should have learned my lesson- but when healthy and a good game situation- he's as dominant as any back in the league....

Sitting on my bench. Of course I have the luxury of having Westbrook and D-Will on my team as well. I've certainly thought about it, but I can't possibly justify putting him in over either one of those guys right now.

One of the big problems for S-Jax owners is that the Rams are not only the worst team at getting into the Red Zone, but they're also the worst team in the NFL at converting once they get into the Red Zone. That significantly impacts TD production.

This is where you forgive Jackson. Making amends is one of the 12 Steps for FF Bust Recovery.

Got him in both leagues and lucked in the playoffs in both but I may lean towards M. Morris against STL this week.

NYRAGE said:
This is where you forgive Jackson. Making amends is one of the 12 Steps for FF Bust Recovery.
Don't do it, otherwise he'll be be-boppin' and scattin' all over you!

KingEl said:
I started him over Westbrook last week and it killed me... also started him over Chris Johnson the week SJax tried to come back and played only a few snaps while CJ was huge--- so I'm a little gun shy starting him now.... I am planning on West and CJ this week, but SJax keeps creaping into my head... I should have learned my lesson- but when healthy and a good game situation- he's as dominant as any back in the league....
YOU HAVE TO GO WESTBROOK AND CJ WITH THEIR MATCHUPS!Im starting them with confidence in my playoff game.That being said, starting SJax over Ronnie Brown in another league.

Last edited by a moderator:
starting him over M. Lynch and P. Thomas. Will definitely start Westy. I may rethink starting SJAX over Pierre as the week goes on.

Traded Randy and Whale, for SJax and B Edwards right before SJ's 3 TD game. Since then, it's been all down hill.

Regardless, I've still made the playoffs, and need a big game from 39

Got SJax in my PPR league and have started Felix Jones, MMoore, and PHillis to fill in for him. Sort of end of the line for those guys, so hoping SJax is ready to roll this week. I'm all out of fill-ins.

I am losing running backs like Spinal Tap drummers.
I've killed Brady, Shaub, Orton, Torain, Hillis, Felix...I think that's all.
I've gone thru Brady, E.Graham, Edge, Hillis, Felix, Burleson, & Winslow.......and still scratched out a playoff berth and 1st round playoff win.Now that Hillis is gone,........This is the wk I really need SJ.

As tempting as his matchup is, it's hard to get excited about the Rams offense generating a lot of points.

As tempting as his matchup is, it's hard to get excited about the Rams offense generating a lot of points.
That's true, but you gotta remember, the Rams could lose 35-7 and SJax could have 150 total and a TD. Plus, I've got him in a PPR. Seattle is limping, have nothing to play for and are generally not good at traveling cross-country. I can see a 21-17 score where SJax gets two TDs.

My work league is the only one I survived with him. It was a keep 3 league, I kept him, TO and Braylon Edwards :shrug:

Luckily I drafted Forte, Chris Johnson and Michael Turner.

With Turner against TB and Chris Johnson having clinched, I may have to start SJax. Hope I don't get burned by the porcelain doll again.

That's true, but you gotta remember, the Rams could lose 35-7 and SJax could have 150 total and a TD. Plus, I've got him in a PPR. Seattle is limping, have nothing to play for and are generally not good at traveling cross-country. I can see a 21-17 score where SJax gets two TDs.
Fair point - Jackson is heavily involved in the passing game as well. The other concern I have is his fumbilitis - if he puts the ball on the carpet again, will Haslett bench him for Pittman? Haslett doesn't appear to be Jackson's #1 fan.

Fair point - Jackson is heavily involved in the passing game as well. The other concern I have is his fumbilitis - if he puts the ball on the carpet again, will Haslett bench him for Pittman? Haslett doesn't appear to be Jackson's #1 fan.
Hadn't thought about the fumbles, does he have a history as a chronic fumbler? Never owned him before.

Hadn't thought about the fumbles, does he have a history as a chronic fumbler? Never owned him before.
I haven't owned him either, but my understanding is that he was never a big fumbler. That said, who knows with Haslett when, as mentioned, he's already pretty down on Jackson with his injury and outspoken comments.

I am not disputing that Sjax won't blow up, but the Rams are the team that has nothing to play for.Seahawks season is over I agree. But with a new regime coming in, guys like Senca Wallace, Branch, and others are figting for their futures on this team or on future jobs in the NFL. If you look at the Seahwaks results this year there are only very a few games where they lost by more than a TD. The Rams on the other hand have got their shorts blown off more than half their games (vs. Jets, Giants, Eagles !). Also a flight from Seattle to Boston is a cross country. A flight from Seattle to StL is not . I belive this is a showcase for Seahwaks players and that they win this by a decent margin. That being said Sjax could play well.

right now thinking of benching S-Jax for LT, Portis, and Turner. I am on the fence...but obviously have some other solid options.

I am not disputing that Sjax won't blow up, but the Rams are the team that has nothing to play for.Seahawks season is over I agree. But with a new regime coming in, guys like Senca Wallace, Branch, and others are figting for their futures on this team or on future jobs in the NFL. If you look at the Seahwaks results this year there are only very a few games where they lost by more than a TD. The Rams on the other hand have got their shorts blown off more than half their games (vs. Jets, Giants, Eagles !). Also a flight from Seattle to Boston is a cross country. A flight from Seattle to StL is not . I belive this is a showcase for Seahwaks players and that they win this by a decent margin. That being said Sjax could play well.
Fair points, and I forgot STL is Central Time. Still, I don't recall the Seahawks ever doing terribly well flying east. I could be remembering wrong. I think that, in SEA, I could be swayed to bench him, but I'm looking for a big game from him at home.

I am not disputing that Sjax won't blow up, but the Rams are the team that has nothing to play for.Seahawks season is over I agree. But with a new regime coming in, guys like Senca Wallace, Branch, and others are figting for their futures on this team or on future jobs in the NFL. If you look at the Seahwaks results this year there are only very a few games where they lost by more than a TD. The Rams on the other hand have got their shorts blown off more than half their games (vs. Jets, Giants, Eagles !). Also a flight from Seattle to Boston is a cross country. A flight from Seattle to StL is not .

I belive this is a showcase for Seahwaks players and that they win this by a decent margin. That being said Sjax could play well.
JMO, but two time zones away feels like cross country and I think it is worth noting.

Not starting him. I cannot justify his inconsistency and potential for groin problems replacing Thomas Jones or CJ3.

"last time StL played Sea: S Jax had 23 carries for 66 yds 0 Td. 5 catches for 62 yds 0 tds."

That's 12 points in my league. Not great, but not bad.

I think he does better this year and get close to 80 yds. rushing, 50 receiving and 1 touchdown for a total of 19 pts.

Now that's not as much as Pierre Thomas who was on my bench, but there was no way I was sitting Jackson over PT.

I just couldn't do it.

I may end up regretting it, but I'm sitting the red-hot Slaton for Jackson today.

Slaton's on the road against one of the league's top rush defenses.

Jackson is at home against the league's #30 rush defense.

I don't know if I'm right or not, but I have a feeling that SJax is going to make a statement today. It wasn't that long ago that he had his monster 3 TD game against a Dallas defense that is much better than this Seahawks one.

If I end up being eliminated from teh playoffs as a result, at least I did it with my first round pick with a good matchup. I can live with that.

Tough call.

Traded for him when he was hurt (sending Jacobs away) with an eye on the next two week's matchups because I could afford to sit him until he got healthy. Well, the time is here.

Westbrook plays for sure, so I'm debating LT and SJax. Right now I have SJax in due to the fact he's at home with a decent matchup, which is where he usually excels. LT has a great matchup, and is doing enough to get by the past few weeks, but he's not dominating what has been favorable matchups. A few short TDs have really saved him the past few weeks. He's been really frustrating to watch, seeing him run into the line for a few yards, then hit the sideline for Sproles.

Problem is, the Rams can lay an egg anytime.

I do think Seattle travelling east is a big factor, as they tend to play far worse when they do so.

Come on SJax!!!

Not starting him this week. I hope he does well enough though that I can start him instead of CJ3 next week. CJ3 has Pittsburgh. That is if I make it this week.

I may end up regretting it, but I'm sitting the red-hot Slaton for Jackson today.

I don't know if I'm right or not, but I have a feeling that SJax is going to make a statement today. It wasn't that long ago that he had his monster 3 TD game against a Dallas defense that is much better than this Seahawks one.

If I end up being eliminated from teh playoffs as a result, at least I did it with my first round pick with a good matchup. I can live with that.
Slaton is playing at home. I expect a great offensive game from the Texans.

Slaton is playing at home. I expect a great offensive game from the Texans.
Oh. Good catch. I still think I'm sticking with SJax.

Nice day for SJax...128 yds and a TD.

Not sure what happened in the 2nd half though. Thought it was going to be a huge day.

Users who are viewing this thread