What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Doing a little longshot bottomfishing, I came up with DO, an offshore drilling service.

Its completely battered down to $1.45, about a 90% discount from peak. In for 200 shares, since there is no fee. 

This thread is more fun when the market is going down and everyone is buying and looking for deals. 

Seems like when it goes up everyone is less active. 
Here ya go:

Mancini - Daily bearish shooting star candle yesterday in $SPX    :lmao:    and we got a nice 130 point selloff -sellers need follow through today. Key levels today: I posted 2635 (prior highs) was key support and it held overnight. Below there and looking for 2550. Bears cant drop the ball on this one.

Sooooo, Luckin Coffee.  Looks like it's been taken out of circulation?  COO not only faked numbers, but he's also on a huge defaulted loan.  Bad news keeps piling up.  I can't find anything that they've officially been pulled, but it's been frozen at $4.39 since yesterday.

:mellow:

here's the problem with Covid-19 and CYDY.

It's a race to find the cure, vaccine, treatment. They are tiny and the bigger players are more likely to come up with something better before CYDY can push their product.

See NVAX above.

Was about to pull the trigger on 1000 shares of TLRD.  Opened down 3-4%.  

Kid wakes up, we play for 5 minutes, I come back and it is UP like 5%  now about 10%. 

I am sad

I had never done it until about a month ago. It's easy peasy. I signed up with Fidelity. From some reading in here, that seems a better option, feewise from what I've seen. I have most of my stuff in 401k and with a financial advisor. Took some fun money and put it into an account mid March. It's been fun so far, and profitable, following along in here. 
Thanks. Fidelity is my 401k broker.

Doing a little longshot bottomfishing, I came up with DO, an offshore drilling service.

Its completely battered down to $1.45, about a 90% discount from peak. In for 200 shares, since there is no fee. 
Keep the oil plays coming. 

We are going to go from a demand problem to a supply problem in a blink somewhere down the road (for a bunch of reasons). 

For the longer, conservative play, when does Disney become a must buy? 

Its major funding streams are getting killed right now but it's still not that great a deal hovering near $100. Probably because everyone knows the company and knows they'll bounce back.  I wouldn't expect a huge jump unless a vaccine is developed and the parks and movies reopen. But, 10-20% gain over the next year seems quite plausible if things go as expected. 

Might jump in on FUN today, slowly rising but at greater risk of losing a lot of money this year. 

Its major funding streams are getting killed right now but it's still not that great a deal hovering near $100. Probably because everyone knows the company and knows they'll bounce back.  I wouldn't expect a huge jump unless a vaccine is developed and the parks and movies reopen. But, 10-20% gain over the next year seems quite plausible if things go as expected. 

Might jump in on FUN today, slowly rising but at greater risk of losing a lot of money this year. 
If you like it, think you just buy it. Set it and forget it. 

I sold mine when it got back around $105, thinking there will be multiple opportunities to buy in the low $90s, if not lower, either in a broader market decline or when their putrid earnings come out. :shurg:

If you like it, think you just buy it. Set it and forget it. 
Yeah, I think Disney is one I'd put in our Roths, had before and sold after a decent profit. 

I sold mine when it got back around $105, thinking there will be multiple opportunities to buy in the low $90s, if not lower, either in a broader market decline or when their putrid earnings come out. :shurg:
Thanks, had done just about the same before.

Next question - hospitality. Why is Hyatt at roughly ⅓ the PE of other major hotel chains? 7, with a 2% dividend, vs Hilton and Marriott in the low 20s with no dividend. (Although Marriott has gained 8% today)

Sooooo, Luckin Coffee.  Looks like it's been taken out of circulation?  COO not only faked numbers, but he's also on a huge defaulted loan.  Bad news keeps piling up.  I can't find anything that they've officially been pulled, but it's been frozen at $4.39 since yesterday.

Yeah, would be nice to know WTH is going on. I don’t care about a defaulted loan if it wasn’t part of LK. At this point, what I have is pocket change because I only had a little at $24, but I would think it’ll be worth more than $4 in a couple years.

FUN has a LOT of debt.

Here is something about CytoDyn from the Charlotte Post.  It doesn't say much but at least it's not self made.

Novant Health launches clinical trial on coronavirus patients

First hospital in Southeast to participate

http://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2020/04/08/health/novant-health-launches-clinical-trial-on-coronavirus-patients/

Published Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:13 am

by Ashley Mahoney | The Charlotte Post

Novant Health is the first hospital company in the Southeast to initiate a Phase 2 clinical trial for COVID-19 patients.

CytoDyn, a late-stage biotechnology company, is partnering with Novant for trials with mild- to moderate symptoms. CytoDyn is the developer of leronlimab, a CCR5 antagonist, or chemokine receptor, with potential for treatment of COVID-19. Novant is the second hospital company in the nation to participate in the trials.

The trial’s second phase is designed to test the safety and efficiency of leronlimab in patients with mild-to-moderate documented cases of COVID-19. It is a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study that calls for 75 patients at a maximum of 10 centers across the country. Establishing a clinical trial typically takes at least three months, but it took four days at Novant Health. Participants are anticipated to have a six-week treatment window.

“Our research team’s partnership with CytoDyn has enabled us to enroll Novant Health patients in this trial just four days after our organizations first made contact,” said Mark King, Novant’s vice president of research and innovation. “I am grateful for the opportunity to work alongside CytoDyn’s team of professionals, who share our commitment to swiftly finding the treatment our patients and communities need.”

CytoDyn received a fast track designation from the Food and Drug Administration for leronlimab, first in combination with antiretroviral therapy for HIV-infected patients, then for metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. FDA cleared the way for commencement of the Phase 2 COVID-19 trial on March 31.

A handful of patients with severe cases of COVID-19 received leronlimab in New York under an emergency investigational new drug application from the FDA.

“Based upon the results we have seen with several New York patients, we are hopeful that leronlimab can provide a benefit to patients throughout the country,” CytoDyn President and CEO Nader Pourhassan said in a statement.

How did this robinhood app take off? I have a bunch of friends using it who never invested before. How’s it different than Schwab, fidelity etc? What’s the hook?

I sold off 20 SPY/BA call contracts literally seconds before this huge rally started.  I am so bad at this.  Would have made $10k by going and taking a dump for 10 minutes before clicking the button.

How did this robinhood app take off? I have a bunch of friends using it who never invested before. How’s it different than Schwab, fidelity etc? What’s the hook?
Steals from the poor and gives to the rich on massive volatility as the app cannot be accessed as you try to get in and buy or sell.

I'm sure it's fine on days like today. But if there is a sell off or a cure accounced for COVID-19, it will probably crash. You will look like this:  :hot:   :rant: :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to believe we won't be testing the lows.  I know were not out of CV yet, but I keep hearing a lot of 2021 pricing talks and the Fed will buy their way out of CV.  Ride out this 2500-2800 S&P for a while.

This thread is more fun when the market is going down and everyone is buying and looking for deals. 

Seems like when it goes up everyone is less active. 
Well we're ~20% from the bottom an 20% from the top. Maybe a little off those numbers with today's rally but tough to get super excited either way. I'm just selling some options either way, taking advantage of the high IV. Seems like we're in for some sideways markets for a bit or at least extreme vol may be going down. 

Steals from the poor and gives to the rich on massive volatility as the app cannot be accessed as you try to get in and buy or sell.

I'm sure it's fine on days like today. But if there is a sell off or a cure accounced for COVID-19, it will probably crash. You will look like this:  :hot:   :rant: :wall:
Oh I’m not using it. I have Schwab and fidelity. Just trying to get the allure. 

Next question - hospitality. Why is Hyatt at roughly ⅓ the PE of other major hotel chains? 7, with a 2% dividend, vs Hilton and Marriott in the low 20s with no dividend. (Although Marriott has gained 8% today)
Think the big difference is the business model. HLT and MAR have moved to an asset lite franchise model so they don't have to use balance sheet to build and own all their hotels. Believe Hyatt is transitioning but still early so they own more of their respective rooms/hotels. Think the discount has existed for a while although may be exacerbated by all of this.

ETA: Not an expert and haven't really looked at hotels but did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

User interface is 1,000x better for beginners.

If you sign up, you get a FREE STOCK! Like Tesla! Amazon! (or Ford Motor Company it says in the fine print)
Yeah, I signed up and got some company (I think it was Sprint)

I had no interest in keeping. Still a free few dollars. 

It's a fine app, but I like Fidelity better. 

I think the biggest thing was when it started, if offered $0 commission trades. Forced everyone else to do it as well so for that I thank them. I would have joined if I could for that reason. Think it attracts millenials due to the app and ease of use. I also think it makes it easier for people to trade with smaller accounts especially for some of the riskier stuff. 

Of course. Although they tended to use Apple as one of the stocks you "could" get, too, and Ford and Sprint were the "also" ones. 

The fine, fine print: "There is an approximately 98% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $2.50-$10, an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $10-$50, and an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $50-$200, based on the price of shares at the time of purchase. "
How do they determine that

Look.....if your looking out 3 years......the stock will probably be in the $150 range IMO. We are assuming a full recovery of their theme park business. Which is something I would assume big time. People are not going to stop going to Walt Disney World long term....not happening. 

I would be buying this stock with confidence even here at this level.....but you may have a chance to get a tad cheaper on a market pull back.....which we will have. When I say a tad...I mean 7-10% lower....that $79 dollar low was the best shot you had at seeing that....and that is gone. Unless the virus news does a 180 on us.....I think 92-100 is the short term range here.

Long term....the stock is winner. A big winner.

Halted until May. Brewing, as it were. Or steeping. Or turning sour.

I just went ahead and took my friend’s referral. Got smile direct club. Worth 4.49! :confetti: 
In all seriousness (SDC related, not Robinhood) is this thing a good buy right now given that people may be a little tentative to have someone go digging around inside their mouth a bunch after this?

In all seriousness (SDC related, not Robinhood) is this thing a good buy right now given that people may be a little tentative to have someone go digging around inside their mouth a bunch after this?
First I ever looked at it. Don’t really know. 

Can’t buy CYDY on here. 🤨

Thanks. Is there a post # I can go to and start getting educated on the idea? Don’t know where to start 
I will give a brief run down.

COVID-19

C19 was unexpected but Dr. Patterson surmised that leronlimab would work.  15 people treated under emergency designation by FDA.  Expected mortality rate of 85% after 14-days.  4 out of ICU and off ventilators within 3 days.  1 discharged from hospital.  All 15 showed marked improvement of immune system. 7-day data being tabulated as we speak and results will be sent to New England Journal of Medicine and/or Nature.  Because of these spectacular (and improving results), the FDA approved a phase 2 trial for 75 mild-moderate cases and a phase 2b/3 trial for severe cases.  They are also applying for emergency approval as they get more results.

Cancer

Dr. Patterson figured out the mechanism of action for breast cancer and the FDA approved a compassionate use study.  Again, spectacular results and CYDY has applied for Break Through Designation and could hear back any time.  The FDA also approved a basket study for 22-solid tumor cancers  and that study is ongoing.  If they continue with similar results, they will likely file for BTD status as well.

HIV

The drug was originally used to treat HIV patients.  Over 840 people have taken it for HIV over several years and there haven't been any adverse side effects.  That's part of the reason the FDA allows CYDY to try leronlimab on a myriad of illnesses--the safety data is impeccable and they know the drug won't harm anyone.  They have passed phase 3 for combination HIV therapy and are awaiting approval to file a BLA which the FDA will review and then approve for commercial use.  They also have mono therapy for HIV which is a bigger opportunity.

There are other uses for the drug but I think you get the idea it's a potential blockbuster and has the chance to help many millions of sick people.  The CEO is a poor communicator but it's about execution now.  Anyone who asks whether they should buy now needs to read the above first.  Any specific questions?

ETA:  if you want read what I wrote originally (circa October '19), look for the oldest mention of "Cytodyn".

RE:  The Cytodyn/Fox News interview yesterday.  Comments in this thread weren't the only ones pointing out how awkward the interview seemed and how it seemed like a missed opportunity.

Saw this on another message board and thought it might be of interest here:  A note from a poster and CYDY investor to the CEO, Nader Pourhassan.

"Dr. Pourhassan:

The questions posed to you today by Charles Payne were not conducive to a good interview.

If faced with such unhelpful questions in another interview, I would respectfully suggest you pivot, and respond by providing the information you want to give.

So, for example, if you again get an opportunity to be interviewed on a national stage, or any television or radio interview for that matter, the first thing you should consider saying is something to this effect:

"Of the ____seriously ill COVID-19 patients who have been treated with Leronlimab, _____have extubated their ventilators within___days."

If you were to say this, and nothing else, you will have given a great interview.

Of course, you can also rattle off other bullet points such as:

1. In over 800 patients treated with Leronlimab, there has not been a single serious adverse event;

2. The FDA has approved leronlimab for two clinical trials; one for mild to moderately ill patients, and another for seriously ill patients;

3. The results of treating over___seriously ill COVID-19 patients have shown that the immune response is almost fully restored after seven days, and the cytokine storm has been reduced by as much as 70-90 percent in a matter of only a few days.

I hope this is helpful."

Not sure if Dr. Pourhassan received or otherwise responded, but it seems like a nice piece of advice for future interview opportunities.  Even if they don't ask the right questions, make sure you get across what you would like the public to hear.  

RE:  The Cytodyn/Fox News interview yesterday.  Comments in this thread weren't the only ones pointing out how awkward the interview seemed and how it seemed like a missed opportunity.

Saw this on another message board and thought it might be of interest here:  A note from a poster and CYDY investor to the CEO, Nader Pourhassan.

Not sure if Dr. Pourhassan received or otherwise responded, but it seems like a nice piece of advice for future interview opportunities.  Even if they don't ask the right questions, make sure you get across what you would like the public to hear.  
I read that on Ihub yesterday and agree.  For anyone not familiar with the story, it would have been very confusing.  The interviewer wasn't well prepared and NP squandered an opportunity to get the most important parts of the story out in a coherent manner. They need to use someone else in the future IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread