What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (3 Viewers)

Bought 100 SCO @ $78.50
Out at $81.68 for a profit of $296 or 3.9% after commissions.
Why not hold longer depending on the Iran stuff? Mo money!
It was bouncing all over the place. I saw it go from the open to $83 back to the open faster than I could get the sell order in. I'm happy with 3.9% in a day. Looks like it's about to close at about unchanged too. A wise man once said, don't let your winners turn into losers.

In 300 CWT @ $24.85

In 300 WTR @ $26.73

I got a feeling this water story is going to be front page news r the next few months airs going to push these two higher.

Spent some time with an oil pipeline guy this weekend. They move oil all over and trade in it. Said there is so little room for oil in storage now it's scary. They are pulling mothballed oil train cars out and filling them for lack of options. There's a huge rush to bring online a major storage site in Louisiana that wasn't set to take anything for several years.

Claims there needs to be nearly 6 million barrels a day shut off in the next month or the refineries won't take it. Worldwide not much better. Saudis may have no choice but to shut down as well.

start hiding oil

Assuming the market remains strong - I think a case can be made for the 3D Printing stocks making a long term bottom.

I'd like to see $DDD trade above and hold $29.50 and $SSYS trade above and hold $62.

Even if/when they do break those levels of resistance I think there'd be enough volatility to be able to purchase shares in that range - meaning I don't think it's necessary to rush in with a buy order until they actually do.

The reason I remain cautious is because if the stocks are unable to break above and hold those current levels of resistance (or the overall market turns south) it likely means that this multi-month "basing" period we've been experiencing is just a set-up for another major leg lower for these 2 stocks.

Optimistically, IF this is a LT bottom, it's probable that the gains over the next 12-18 months would far exceed that of the SP500.

I can't help but wonder how far CAT really has to fall from here. Even with a bad quarter, is there 12% downside? Aug $70 puts @ $1.85. Would you hate owning CAT at $68.15?
$2
Sold 2 at $2.05 right after this post. Bought to close at $1.27. I still don't think there's any way this stock cracks $70 anytime soon, but with earnings in a couple of weeks, between mining and the dollar, I just decided not to chance it and to take a quick couple of bucks.

Anyone thinking SCO before supply data? It has been running hard, and when the obvious surplus hits, could be a big drop.
I have 300 @ $70.79. Instead of selling this moring for a profit I went back to bed. Oof.
Oil has been flying high... I can't see a different narrative from the supply levels this week. Debating a buy at $65-$66 right now before tomorrow.
That's going to be the real trick.

I'm reading that when the sanctions on Iran (if) are lifted it will have a negative effect of $5-15 per barrel. I guess we'll see. Funny thing is I REALLY want to make a significant purchase and go long oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone thinking SCO before supply data? It has been running hard, and when the obvious surplus hits, could be a big drop.
I have 300 @ $70.79. Instead of selling this moring for a profit I went back to bed. Oof.
Oil has been flying high... I can't see a different narrative from the supply levels this week. Debating a buy at $65-$66 right now before tomorrow.
That's going to be the real trick.

I'm reading that when the sanctions on Iran (if) are lifted it will have a negative effect of $5-15 per barrel. I guess we'll see. Funny thing is I REALLY want to make a significant purchase and go long oil.
Iran trades so much oil on the black market that being able to sell on the open market will have a minimal impact. It's not like they've just sat by and filled bathtubs waiting for sanctions to be lifted.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bg?countryCode=uk&mod=MW_story_quote

Hoping the news that Shell is buying these guys will help my Royal Dutch Shell stock. I don't have a large stake in it but its down ~$10 since I bought in. Why can't Shell raise 33% in one day like it did with the guys they're buying? I think I'd have to sell if it jumped so much. But, I'm in it for the long haul so I'm not too worried. Wish I had that $100,000 in the above stock... be a nice $34,000 gift today.

The ####### markets piss me off so much... Yields should be jumping right now as a majority of the Fed were noted to saying they would be in favor of a June hike... Even if that doesn't happen, it is coming. How come I am the only one seeing this :hot:

This is the messaging I heard even though Yellin tried to massage it and everyone took it as extremely dovish. This is getting frustrating.

fantasycurse42 said:
The ####### markets piss me off so much... Yields should be jumping right now as a majority of the Fed were noted to saying they would be in favor of a June hike... Even if that doesn't happen, it is coming. How come I am the only one seeing this :hot:

This is the messaging I heard even though Yellin tried to massage it and everyone took it as extremely dovish. This is getting frustrating.
Say they hike rates this Summer, aren't we realistically looking at them going to what maybe .25% and if there is any slowdown we stay at that for an extended period of time? I don't see rates taking off, it would kill a lot of people/businesses with debt out there, just curious what you all think.

fantasycurse42 said:

Say they hike rates this Summer, aren't we realistically looking at them going to what maybe .25% and if there is any slowdown we stay at that for an extended period of time? I don't see rates taking off, it would kill a lot of people/businesses with debt out there, just curious what you all think.
The charts show .575% revised down from like 1.125%... It'll be slow and steady, but the notes today confirm my mindset.

Basically we need to try and get back to normal - you can't have everyone in risky assets bc there is no interest for savers, this isn't normal. If a slow hike and returning to normal is derailed by a slow steady set of hikes, then this whole rally is a mirage and we're all ####ed. If that is the case, I'd lose anyways, but if I'm correct, my upside in the next 12-18 months betting on rates going up is 30-50%

fantasycurse42 said:

The charts show .575% revised down from like 1.125%... It'll be slow and steady, but the notes today confirm my mindset.

Basically we need to try and get back to normal - you can't have everyone in risky assets bc there is no interest for savers, this isn't normal. If a slow hike and returning to normal is derailed by a slow steady set of hikes, then this whole rally is a mirage and we're all ####ed. If that is the case, I'd lose anyways, but if I'm correct, my upside in the next 12-18 months betting on rates going up is 30-50%
Good luck. I don't think they really want to increase rates... what's the incentive.

I'd get into this oil game instead... it's much more fun than the interest rates.

fantasycurse42 said:

Good luck. I don't think they really want to increase rates... what's the incentive.

I'd get into this oil game instead... it's much more fun than the interest rates.
Not ####### retirees and older generations by making them invest their nest eggs in risky assets is the first thing that comes to my mind...

If you read through the notes, the majority excluding the Chicago guy, NY guy (on the fence), Cleveland (fence), and Minneapolis (non voting member) are in favor of hiking. I'm the contrarian here... I'm convinced they hike in 2015, I think September. Money has been shifting and after the last jobs report, majority thinks October or December or 2016.

I've got my $28-$30 12-18 month target on DTYS and I'm sticking to it. I've made a healthy bet here and will add if it falls. I haven't read one report anywhere that thinks this number gets lower than 1.5%, so the downside versus upside equals a risk worth taking IMO.

fantasycurse42 said:
St. Louis Bob said:
Out at $73.22 for a profit of $701.00 3.4% after commissions
Have 200 at $70.10... Still holding.
Out at $72.60 $480 profit after fees.

I wish I wasn't suck a chicken ####. I was so close to buying RUSS (3x bull for Russian equities) a few weeks back. I'd be up over 50% right now. (Was 20 now 30+)

Another one I wasn't so confident in but have been tracking the past two weeks is YINN (3x bull for Chinese stocks), which is up about 50%. I read that China just opened up mutual fund investing to many (mostly middle class) citizens for the first time. Money is just pouring into these Chinese stocks and funds and ETF's (there is an estimate that up to 10% of the new money is from investors who are illiterate). How long can that keep up? The two week chart is unreal.

Now I fear it's too late to jump into RUSS or YINN, but it will be painful to watch them continue to rise. Predictions of a Chinese stock market bubble forming may make me jump in YANG (3x bear) and see what happens.

Been thinking of moving some of my money from a vanguard fund into Apple. My IRA for this year went into oil so I'll have to wait till next year for my Apple contribution if I don't do it now. I have about $4,000 that I could move. I'd probably wait till after dividends come in after June though.

Good idea or stay put and just do 2016 into Apple?

Moly up 70% on news of ONE contract? That's gotta be a good sign. :X

Only about 7 more days just like this one and I might be near breakeven.

Stupid Neo.

UGA also rocking today...

On to my bet of higher rates:

Also, feels like the Fed is blatantly saying a hike is coming and the markets just don't want to hear it... Outside of Chicago and Minneapolis, I'm yet to hear any Dovish comments.

Still think DTYS can fall to $17 or so, where I will heavily consider adding another block.

Bullard also expressed his continued frustration that financial markets are not pricing in the same level of interest rates as the Fed’s own projections. Fed fund futures suggest the first increase in rates will come in December.

Netflix :jawdrop:

This one was discussed before... Their market cap is hideous and their international plan will not be profitable in the near future with the dollar roaring. Shocked it has gone from $325 to $525 in 3 months.

I know others said they thought it was a POS, while I disagree, I still think there is a lot of air in this one right now.

St. Louis Bob said:
Vincesanity said:
DDD with a nice day.
:goodposting:
siff talked me into keeping it.....let's watch this guy run!
I made a note that $29.50 should be paid attention to... Thinking about getting in as it does appear to be well above.

Also, what about FEYE?
If you were just trading $DDD I think there will be some important resistance around $34-$34.50. So if I were trading it (I'm not, I'm looking at a longer term play) I'd sell before it ever got up to $34 but around there.

To me the technicals look pretty good for a significant bottom in place. However that is not yet confirmed. I think we're still some days away and need price holding above $34 before I could say "all-clear". Risk was minimized when it closed above $29.50, but we've still got one major hurdle to clear.

VLTC. my gawd, WTF? Rode it from 8.77 to 13.33 and had to get off.

4.6 million float and trades 2 - 3x that every day. Carl Icahn owns 4+ millions shares.

Siff, what are the charts saying about UGA? Previously you had mentioned $37.50 as a level it needed to hold, but this was months ago.

I've been holding for a little while since $36 and thinking about adding more...

Users who are viewing this thread