What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (4 Viewers)

Out of DTYS for a profit of $1100...

There is no other spin on what this annoying old bag has said that isn't Dovish. It really sucks that we will prob not see "normal" interest rates for who knows how long. I'd like to stash money in the bank and see 4%, which up until a decade ago wouldn't have sounded crazy.

Instead, we are forced into risky assets. I love how the Fed always talks about the markets... Sure, protect the institutions, but #### the savers.

This ##### never shuts the #### up, yet never says anything of substance. I've heard the term "normalizing policy" a gazillion times in the year she has been president, yet they never do anything close to normalizing policy.

About to sell DTYS for a small gain, not betting on these ####### liars.
Didn't you project Sept for 1st increase? She's not going to telegraph three months out, esp. just a couple of weeks after the IMF and World Bank asked them to wait until 2016. Doesn't mean they won't raise in Sept.

This ##### never shuts the #### up, yet never says anything of substance. I've heard the term "normalizing policy" a gazillion times in the year she has been president, yet they never do anything close to normalizing policy.

About to sell DTYS for a small gain, not betting on these ####### liars.
Didn't you project Sept for 1st increase? She's not going to telegraph three months out, esp. just a couple of weeks after the IMF and World Bank asked them to wait until 2016. Doesn't mean they won't raise in Sept.
I expected a more hawkish statement... I did have Sept pegged, but after reading some of the notes and listening to the statements, I'm adjusting back to either Oct or Dec, wouldn't even be surprised with 2016 at this point.

I had Sept as the month bc I think the economy is actually doing fine. The employments stats are phenomenal, there will always be some sort of monster in the closet, but we are certainly in a decent spot.

The Fed is scared, they also hold the hand of the market way too much. They appear to want to protect the investor (institutions) taking on risky assets and could care less about the saver. I hate these people.

Someone actually asked her about savers, but I got busy with something else and didn't hear her response. Anyway, congrats on the $1100 profit.

ETA- I think the reason we are seeing more companies raise their min. wage is not as much about political pressure or being good guys as a sign that the labor market is indeed tightening. So, that is promising for a future hike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone actually asked her about savers, but I got busy with something else and didn't hear her response. Anyway, congrats on the $1100 profit.
It was basically a rhetorical question... Will savers see benefits from rate hikes, something along these lines.

Great question, lol.

DTYS was at $22.80 at 1:58, it was at $22 by 2:10 and I sold at $21.80 - Although a win, I was not expecting it to shake out like this :kicksrock:

I just freed up money that I had in risky assets which I'm looking to reinvest.

Eyeing FEYE, NFLX, YELP (I think a buyout is in the works), looking for shares to short on SHAK, and possibly a long term play in VZ...

Need to do some DD.

I don't know that anyone would know this, but will throw it out since I don't know how to research:

This "dot plot" being talked about that shows where indiv. Fed members see rates going -- Are all members surveyed or just voting members? I am skeptical that it would be predictive of rate hike timing even if limited to voting members, but certainly not if it includes non-voters.It makes more sense to me to survey all members to get the full picture, but the fact people are using it as a predictor makes me think I am wrong.

I don't know that anyone would know this, but will throw it out since I don't know how to research:

This "dot plot" being talked about that shows where indiv. Fed members see rates going -- Are all members surveyed or just voting members? I am skeptical that it would be predictive of rate hike timing even if limited to voting members, but certainly not if it includes non-voters.It makes more sense to me to survey all members to get the full picture, but the fact people are using it as a predictor makes me think I am wrong.
That is a good question...

I think it also important to note that they lowered their plotting, just as they did in March.

When Telsa was under 200 hundred (I posted my buy in here) my advisor was like where can they go......from there, the answer is up.

I have some powder that I need to get in play...

Curious what you guys are speculating on?

As mentioned, debating a Yelp position, pretty sure I'm picking up VZ, and thinking about FEYE (although this has been running and I'm cautious).

ETA:

In for 500 shares of Yelp at $45... I see a buyout in the $55-$65 range.

Open bid on VZ at $47.50 for 500 shares. ---- filled

thinking about FEYE (although this has been running and I'm cautious).
FEYE was my contest pick last year and I still own, though I have also added PANW and am more likely to hold it long-term than FEYE. I did sell some FEYE a couple of weeks ago.The CEO is aggressive and prone to deal making, but also has a slick side, prone to exaggeration.. This is his latest

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102763642

In for 100 SCO @ $54.46
Are you buying this every time oil goes over $60?

Seems like a simple strategy, but it also seems to be working.
It has been trading between $58-$61 for the most part. :shrug:
It has basically been in the range since early May.

So you own SCO right now, but oil is sitting right in the middle of the range at $59.40, is this when you sell and take the profit?

Just curious bc as I said, you appear to be winning more than losing on these trades.

In for 100 SCO @ $54.46
Are you buying this every time oil goes over $60?

Seems like a simple strategy, but it also seems to be working.
It has been trading between $58-$61 for the most part. :shrug:
It has basically been in the range since early May.

So you own SCO right now, but oil is sitting right in the middle of the range at $59.40, is this when you sell and take the profit?

Just curious bc as I said, you appear to be winning more than losing on these trades.
Yes

Up $5200 YTD :coffee:

This ongoing Greece fiasco has me nervous again. I'm never sure if it's just because I happen to tune in at a given time, or if the likelyhood of an exit from the Euro and surrounding unknowns has indeed risen.

Search function must be down again but a few months ago giving props to those who have Netflix. Props again not only on new highs but a good old fashioned 7:1 split.

Bad news is that Icahn is out of his Netflix position so that may not be so good.

International markets open in a couple hours. Where is this going due to Greece?
Depends whether all the derivatives on the Greek debt are another AIG situation or not. As long as all the issuers of the CDS are still solvent post default, then everything stays normal. If not, then the dominoes start falling.

Users who are viewing this thread