What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STOCK TIP: Best Buy (BBY) (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/579671_10151713605928242_1337609960_n.jpg

I'm posting this again because I believe there is an opportunity to make money. This is the very basic principle of "buy low, sell high".Best Buy stock is trading for the lowest price it's been in the past 10 - years. The red-line represents its current price and the green-line represents the price Best Buy is rumored to be willing to pay to "buy out" the stock from its owners.

Now is the most opportunistic time to purchase Best Buy stock. The green-line represents Best Buy's stock value if it were worth DOUBLE what it's worth right now. In simplest terms, over the past 10-years Best Buy has traded above the red and green lines about 70 - 80% of the time.

The company currently has an interim CEO and they are taking action to make the company prosperous again.The stock traditionally hits $40 - 50 a share before going down.It's currently trading at $15.29 a share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the thought, but Best Buy is trading low because it's a high priced store with terrible customer service and you can get anything you can get at Best Buy cheaper and with less hassle at either Wal-Mart or Amazon.I just don't see BB ever being as relevant again as it used to be.

Best Buy deserves to go out of business. There are multiple threads on why. Best Buy will die a slow and joyful(to us) death. No, I don't need an extended warranty for these $20 headphones, Thank you.

no way in hell I'm buying BB stock. they're going down the same road as Circuit City.

I'll buy when I hear Bain and Mitt are involved. Until then, it feels like I'm paying for past production which fantasy football taught me never to do.

That is the best stock tip since someone told me to buy stock in Buckeye Manufacturing Company

Is Schulze the founder still in the running to buy it out and take it private? If so, I wonder what price per share he'll be offering?

I'm posting this again because I believe there is an opportunity to make money. This is the very basic principle of "buy low, sell high".
What was the share price the last time you advised us to purchase it?
$11.57.It's currently $15.29.
so you advised to buy over 10 years ago? because your original post says that it is currently at a 10-year low.
:lmao: ouch

I'm posting this again because I believe there is an opportunity to make money. This is the very basic principle of "buy low, sell high".
so you advised to buy over 10 years ago? because your original post says that it is currently at a 10-year low.
Approximate low. If you guys would like to discuss legitimate business, I'm all ears. If all you want to do is belittle me, leave my thread.

Approximate low. If you guys would like to discuss legitimate business, I'm all ears. If all you want to do is belittle me, leave my thread.
15.29 is approximately <=11.57?

If you look at the graph, Google is at its approximate low over the past 10-years.

If you look at the graph, Google is at its approximate low over the past 10-years.
So that's a no?

I'm not trusting Best Buy's new business plan which seems very muddled between new and old ideas. I think previous numbers are somewhat irrelevant today. I'm sure there are quite a few stocks at or near 10 year lows so that means nothing to me. Now if you believe in their new management and model, so be it. And if that is the case, I would ignore everyone in here ruffling your feathers and just come back when Best Buy hits $30 or more.

:goodposting: We're talking about legitimate business in here, folks.

Well I for one wish I had bought at 11.57That was a great call, do you have a link to that thread?... I'd like to read it as well.

Do you have any additional reasons for liking BBY right now besides the current low price and buy out price potential?

i wasn't trying to belittle you, and i will admit that i know very little about business. i was interested in the thread because it said in your post that it was at such a low. but then just a couple posts later you say it's up almost $4 a share from the last time you suggested it. if it was a silly question, please excuse my ignorance... :shrug:

I'm pretty sure that my parents and their friends are the only people keeping Best Buy in business (because it's just so danerous to give out your credit card number to an online merchant). Clearly this place is a gold mine. I'm all-in.

Some of you are acting like such simpletons. BBY is on the way up because it is at an all time low. How can anybody not see it getting back up to $50 in the near future? It's right there in the graph.Ten years ago, I came here promoting AAPL (the thread has since been purged) when AAPL was at $4.00 a share. Now, it is at $470. Now is the time to sell AAPL since it is so high.Buncha simpletons.

With 330 million shares outstanding I think it's going to take a lot of people buying into the fantasy that Best Buy will make a come back.

Some of you are acting like such simpletons. BBY is on the way up because it is at an all time low. How can anybody not see it getting back up to $50 in the near future? It's right there in the graph.

Ten years ago, I came here promoting AAPL (the thread has since been purged) when AAPL was at $4.00 a share. Now, it is at $470. Now is the time to sell AAPL since it is so high.

Buncha simpletons.
Or at least $16. Same thing. It's approximate..

At least when Circuit City went down they didn't rape their customers while they did it.

I've got a buddy who's pretty much been shorting Best Buy for two years straight and he's not slowing down.
Thought for sure before I opened the thread this would be a short recommendation. I've said this before, but I know a guy who is strategically placed within Best Buy to know something about their long term health. He's been there not even a year and is already looking for other opportunities.

Shares outstanding are all the shares of a corporation that have been authorized, issued and purchased by investors and are held by them. They have rights and represent ownership in the corporation by the person that holds the shares. They are distinguished from treasury shares, which are shares held by the corporation itself and have no exercisable rights. Shares outstanding plus treasury shares together amount to the number of issued shares.

Shares outstanding are all the shares of a corporation that have been authorized, issued and purchased by investors and are held by them. They have rights and represent ownership in the corporation by the person that holds the shares. They are distinguished from treasury shares, which are shares held by the corporation itself and have no exercisable rights. Shares outstanding plus treasury shares together amount to the number of issued shares.
INTC has 4.98B shares outstanding. Is that good or bad?

INTC has 4.98B shares outstanding. Is that good or bad?
It's outstanding.

Hey guys, Eastman Kodak (EKDKQ) has traded at $34.00 in the last ten years and is currently at $0.203. This is pretty much the most opportunistic time to buy because if it were to go up to $0.40 it would be DOUBLE what it's trading at right now.

This stock tip brought to you by "some guy who watched Mad Money once".On next weeks program we take a closer look at Confederated Slaveholdings, Transatlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats, Congreve's Inflammable Powder, U.S. Hay, and an up and comer, the Baltimore Opera Hat Company.

Best buy is toast, nobody needs it. If you want a good investment look at Nokia trading at $4.07. I guarantee it will be worth more than Best Buy in 4 years.

This stock tip brought to you by "some guy who watched Mad Money once".On next weeks program we take a closer look at Confederated Slaveholdings, Transatlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats, Congreve's Inflammable Powder, U.S. Hay, and an up and comer, the Baltimore Opera Hat Company.
Excellent..

Best buy is toast, nobody needs it. If you want a good investment look at Nokia trading at $4.07. I guarantee it will be worth more than Best Buy in 4 years.
Whatever happened to Nokia? I still have one of my best cell phones ever from them, it actually made good phone calls. They even had the Sugar Bowl name for a few years. The Nokia Sugar Bowl.

Consumer electronics is so cyclical its almost predictable. Best Buy is almost at the end of its run. No consumer electronic company has stayed at the top of the market for more than 10 years. Best buy has pretty much owned the market since the early 2000's. Now between the next round of upstarts like HH gregg and the Amazon juggernaut, Best Buy is going to need to have a major reorganization to maintain its market share. I just don't see it happening. If they keep the same relative business model of selling consumer electronics through brick and mortar establishments, they will be done within 5 years. Not something I'm putting any kind of money into.

Users who are viewing this thread