What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Strategy Question (1 Viewer)

elshagon

Footballguy
*** I don't want to turn this into a "who do I start" so I won't be naming any names, just keep it as a strategy thread ***

With injuries I find myself fielding a team which is vastly inferior vs. my opponent this week. I have a receiver on my team who I would normally start, but my opponent is starting that receivers QB.

Strategy question: When you know your opponent is much better do you bench a receiver for a player who is ranked lower if that receiver is catching the ball from your opponents QB?

My thoughts: You always want to play your guys who you think will score you the most points, but in this case I think the best strategy would be to hope my opponents QB has a bad day and thus bench my player with the hope this happens. I think if I though it would be close I would always start my best players, in this case I'm seriously debating switching out one of my players simply because if his QB does well I know I will lose anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know. It could more easily backfire so it's a long shot gamble. The QB could also thrown INT's or fumbles which would hurt his value. If you're a huge underdog I could see the strategy but with the fickleness of player projections compared to results each week you could very well beat him head up just by playing your game without any tricking it up.

So far this has worked well. With Luck out I had to pick-up and start Bortles. I also picked-up and started Hurns over John Brown since my opponent has Palmer going. Sometimes when you are desperate you have to take some chances. I never thought I'd be starting Bortles with Luck drafted, but he's actually looked pretty good albeit against the Colts and their poor defense.

Users who are viewing this thread