What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Chicago at home V Jax for me

I dont see Bortles blowing up in the 4th like Luck did. I see him just blowing
Somebody grabbed TN last night so now I'm left looking at CHI (vs. Jax), DET (vs LAR), NYG (vs BAL), JAX (@CHI).

Don't like any of these options.

Chicago is getting JAX off their bye and while Bortles is a turnover machine I could see this game being a bit of a shootout.

May target DET at home vs LAR. 

Anyone looking at the NYG?

They're at home and could be facing a limited BALT offense without Steve Smith and possibly Mike Wallace (who is currently wearing a non-contact jersey).

Even if both offenses are at full strength this feels like a 17-16 game between two clunky offenses. 

All that said, NYG can't seem to rush the passer.

They're at home and could be facing a limited BALT offense without Steve Smith and possibly Mike Wallace (who is currently wearing a non-contact jersey).

Even if both offenses are at full strength this feels like a 17-16 game between two clunky offenses. 

They also don't get turnovers.  Pass

:yes:

For those who get points for points allowed I think you should be looking at them (and Baltimore). Vegas has this game as the second lowest line of the week behind Rams-Lions. Lot of injuries for Baltimore coming at WR (Smith and Wallace). Giants D has shown nothing the last 3 games and may be without JPP which doesn't help obviously but in a potentially low-scoring game they are a definite option if you're hurting in a larger league or you're looking for a low-ownership DFS option this week. I'm not sure I'm going to use them but I'm considering them over KC in one league where I have them and over Carolina in another and possibly as an option in DFS since they are cheap. But the downside clearly is they've done nothing since Week 2. Lack of pass rush and zero ability to force turnovers are huge issues.  

kyoun1e said:
Somebody grabbed TN last night so now I'm left looking at CHI (vs. Jax), DET (vs LAR), NYG (vs BAL), JAX (@CHI).

Don't like any of these options.

Chicago is getting JAX off their bye and while Bortles is a turnover machine I could see this game being a bit of a shootout.

May target DET at home vs LAR. 
DET missing a lot of key cogs and Gurkey might have a huge day.  

NYG vs Balt is interesting. The Giants secondary is a wreck, but Ravens might be down their top 2 WR.  They couldn't even sniff A-a-ron, but that packers OL was great. 

Rough choices all around. 

They also don't get turnovers.  Pass
Could also be because they've faced a couple teams that don't turn it over much the last couple weeks (Vikings/Packers)? 

I agree they're not a great option though - it's strange, as they have the pieces to be a decent pass rushing team. 

BobbyLayne said:
6 sacks & 2 INT @ Miami.

Titans are so bad at home I don't think it's a winning point to say "and they're not on the road this week", but they have held 3 out of 5 opponents to 17 or below.

Kessler & McCown were both limited yesterday. Not completely clear who will start.
Yeah, like I said, the QB situation is what really dictates this move. Of the crappy defense options, Titans are probably the next pickup on matchup alone. 

Browns were healthier weeks 2-3 when I was streaming against them. 

That said, I think Miami has a better pass rush than TEN, though Jurrell Casey came alive last week. Could be a sign of things to come. 

Could also be because they've faced a couple teams that don't turn it over much the last couple weeks (Vikings/Packers)? 

I agree they're not a great option though - it's strange, as they have the pieces to be a decent pass rushing team. 
In a league with transaction fee's It's getting annoying streaming, anyone know of a potential waiver wire d, that you can use for a few weeks?  I'm in a short bench league and people are carrying 2 DST's.

Anyone like GB  - at home vs. Dallas this week and at home vs. Chicago this week.   @ATL will be bad but the rest of the schedule looks ok?

Anyone like GB  - at home vs. Dallas this week and at home vs. Chicago this week.   @ATL will be bad but the rest of the schedule looks ok?
GB is a solid option. The secondary is going to get healthy eventually and they'll be even better. 

They're great against the run, which is huge vs DAL since the Cowboys are playing keep-away with Elliott. Packers are gonna dare Dak to beat them. 

Chicago is better than they've been but I could see GB getting to Hoyer a couple times and forcing a bad decision or 2. 

The Atlanta game will depend on the health of the GB secondary and JJones. If Jones is healthy and the GB secondary isn't, yikes. This isn't Eli Manning throwing 2' behind every receiver and displaying all the touch of the Incredible Hulk juggling lightbulbs like Sunday night's game. ATL will use GBs strengths against them with screens to Coleman & Freeman, and likely hit a bomb or two. 

Still, ATL game aside, the packers are a decent D/ST that's going to get better as their secondary heals. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In a league with transaction fee's It's getting annoying streaming, anyone know of a potential waiver wire d, that you can use for a few weeks?  I'm in a short bench league and people are carrying 2 DST's.

GB has been rostered all season in  my league.  They are solid

Arodin said:
You don't see why someone would indicate their preferred defense this week and why in a thread devoted to discussing people's choices for streaming defenses?

I don't think I can help you with this one...
1. The thread is devoted to streaming D's.  You really think Buffalo qualifies and is readily available?

2. He doesn't mention who has chosen them over and the reasoning behind it is, um, Kap.  Earth shattering news.

3. Hope his post was a difference maker for you, seems like you need it.

1. The thread is devoted to streaming D's.  You really think Buffalo qualifies and is readily available?

2. He doesn't mention who has chosen them over and the reasoning behind it is, um, Kap.  Earth shattering news.

3. Hope his post was a difference maker for you, seems like you need it.
Until 2 weeks ago, Buffalo was only owned 41% on Yahoo. They still sit at 87% now. So, some people don't own them.

Insein said:
Until 2 weeks ago, Buffalo was only owned 41% on Yahoo. They still sit at 87% now. So, some people don't own them.
1. This isn't 2 weeks ago.  

2. This is a streaming Defense thread for THIS week.  

3. 87% speaks for itself, thanks for the numbers.

HTH

Anyone else rolling the LA Rams out there?

Theo Riddick has been ruled out, D. Washington still a little banged up, and Forsett just signed off the street. Ebron out as well. Could make Stafford a little one dimensional.

Think DET has some issues on the offensive line. 

T. Austin always a threat for a return TD as well.

Don't love this option, but only others on the wire are CHI (Jax rested off bye), NYG (can't get turnovers), DET (Think Gurley gets his).

Green Bay dropped to the WW today. Thinking that's a must add in our league where 20 DSTs are rostered. We have a one day wait think I can get it overnight Sat/Sun.

Theo Riddick has been ruled out, D. Washington still a little banged up, and Forsett just signed off the street. Ebron out as well. Could make Stafford a little one dimensional.

Don't love this option, but only others on the wire are CHI (Jax rested off bye), NYG (can't get turnovers), DET (Think Gurley gets his).
Aaron Donald should be in the backfield often.

Aaron Donald should be in the backfield often.
How well has their line protected Stafford this year?

It's an odd setup. DET has multiple injuries on the offensive side, but LAR seems like they have an equal number of injuries on D.

Maybe this is a clunky type of game. Something like 19-16 with two floundering offenses.

They have a lot of injuries this week

How well has their line protected Stafford this year?

It's an odd setup. DET has multiple injuries on the offensive side, but LAR seems like they have an equal number of injuries on D.

Maybe this is a clunky type of game. Something like 19-16 with two floundering offenses.
On pace for 45 sacks, 4th worst in the NFL.

Almost identical to 2014-15 (45 & 44.)

Rookie LT getting better. LG is worst G in the NFC, C is average, RG & RT above average. Rookie backup C will make his first start at LG due to injury - opposite Donald.

Haven't run the ball effectively since AA went down.

Rams had 203 yards rushing last December v. DET.

On pace for 45 sacks, 4th worst in the NFL.

Almost identical to 2014-15 (45 & 44.)

Rookie LT getting better. LG is worst G in the NFC, C is average, RG & RT above average. Rookie backup C will make his first start at LG due to injury - opposite Donald.

Haven't run the ball effectively since AA went down.

Rams had 203 yards rushing last December v. DET.
21-14 Rams.

Yup. Gurley went nuts. Stafford did ok, but the difference in the game was an INT for a TD by T. Johnson...who isn't playing.

You don't see why someone would indicate their preferred defense this week and why in a thread devoted to discussing people's choices for streaming defenses?

I don't think I can help you with this one...
well Buffalo is hardly a streaming defense at this point - not available in any of my leagues for example

This is not a thread about DST preference - it is a thread to weigh options on STREAMING defenses

Do people still feel like the Eagles are a hold?  I grabbed the Eagles after the Bye, but also picked up TEN this week. 

I like TEN this week more and I don't mind the next 2 weeks (home vs. IND and JAX) and don't like keeping 2 defenses on the roster.

Do we feel good enough about TEN this week to drop the Eagles?  Having a hard time deciding if I really trust either one.

Do people still feel like the Eagles are a hold?  I grabbed the Eagles after the Bye, but also picked up TEN this week. 

I like TEN this week more and I don't mind the next 2 weeks (home vs. IND and JAX) and don't like keeping 2 defenses on the roster.

Do we feel good enough about TEN this week to drop the Eagles?  Having a hard time deciding if I really trust either one.
Me personally I would just start Philly and drop Tennessee.

Agree with shady.  Keep philly.  Very few def worth playing every week.  Philly seems like one of them.  Sea, ne, mn, philly, who else?   

Absolutely the eagles are a hold.  If you watched that Detroit game it was clear that they were sluggish coming the bye.  But in the 2nd half they really came to life and shut down the lions in every facet of the game and salvaged a decent fantasy day.  

Eagles are my every week auto start defense until they give me reason not to or if they play NE.  

6 sacks & 2 INT @ Miami.

Titans are so bad at home I don't think it's a winning point to say "and they're not on the road this week", but they have held 3 out of 5 opponents to 17 or below.

Kessler & McCown were both limited yesterday. Not completely clear who will start.
I don't know that Cleveland is such a prime DST opponent anymore? Kessler has turned out better than expected and Hue can coach up a good gameplan.

Yeah I have ten defense and I'm actually considering dropping them for Detroit. Ziggy Ansah should be back. Cleveland hasn't been that bad on offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Hook said:
well Buffalo is hardly a streaming defense at this point - not available in any of my leagues for example

This is not a thread about DST preference - it is a thread to weigh options on STREAMING defenses
Funny back and forth.

I guarantee you after BUF slips up they will once again be considered a streamer and they will warrant discussion here.

There are not many Ds that aren't streamers when you get right down to it.

6 sacks for the 2nd straight week got the Titans

Aside - in our format, 5th best DT this week with 11.00 points, but I'm thinking most don't give credit for the 6 TFL (0.25) or 7 3 and outs (0.50)

Think this week was proof that not only are there few good streaming options, but there are also very few good IRL defenses.

this week is awful.

i have the titans from last week in one league, and my best option in the other is the eagles.

not much on the wire.  bears?  texans?  jags?  raiders?  pretty bad

Yep. I've got the Bills leftover from last week who are against @MIA this week. Had hoped to scoop up NE after waivers ran today but someone took them during that process. Probs sticking with the Bills. 

running with the Pack this week

also retained the Titans - first time in a couple years carrying 2 but pretty bare ww

this week is awful.

i have the titans from last week in one league, and my best option in the other is the eagles.

not much on the wire.  bears?  texans?  jags?  raiders?  pretty bad
Ive got the Titans as well and may just stick with them. 12 sacks the last two weeks and face the most sacked QB in the league who lost most of his weapons and is playing on the road? I think TEN will destroy them. Other options are TB vs SF (bleh going to the west coast and they are not a good defense), CIN vs CLE (Im done streaming against CLE, they have been respectable and CIN only has one double digit pt week), and GB vs CHI (no cornerbacks, dont trust them).

Ravens get a dream matchup with the Jets and turnover machine Geno Smith - they'd be my #1 choice this week. 

Titans have to be licking their chops against that terrible Indy OL (though Indy will likely score some points)

Pats (if available) have a great matchup with a Roethlisburger-less Steelers team

Ravens get a dream matchup with the Jets and turnover machine Geno Smith - they'd be my #1 choice this week. 

Titans have to be licking their chops against that terrible Indy OL (though Indy will likely score some points)

Pats (if available) have a great matchup with a Roethlisburger-less Steelers team
Was coming to check to see if anyone put Ravens. They can definitely be a plus defense. I'm a Jets fan and I will be rooting for them on Sunday, but there is no way  ***AND THE ROCK MEANS NO WAY*** their offensive woes correct themselves anytime soon. It's bad.

Was coming to check to see if anyone put Ravens. They can definitely be a plus defense. I'm a Jets fan and I will be rooting for them on Sunday, but there is no way  ***AND THE ROCK MEANS NO WAY*** their offensive woes correct themselves anytime soon. It's bad.
Yeah, take the 1 drive that Geno had. He took a sack, fumbled the ball and threw an interception. 

Now, multiply that by how many drives the jets will have on Sunday. 

That's how awesome the Ravens D/ST will be this week.  If they have an 8 sack/4 Int game will anyone be shocked? 

Yeah, take the 1 drive that Geno had. He took a sack, fumbled the ball and threw an interception. 

Now, multiply that by how many drives the jets will have on Sunday. 

That's how awesome the Ravens D/ST will be this week.  If they have an 8 sack/4 Int game will anyone be shocked? 
Plus a Pick 6. I smell a hung out pattern that is picked off and going the other way untouched.

Going with Cincy. Kessler's played relatively mistake free football so far, but was sacked 6 times last week. 
Who I'm going with as well. Seem to be the most widely available given no one was starting them last week at NE. Hope they play more like they did at home vs. Miami than the last 2 disastrous road performances at Dal and NE.

Yep. I've got the Bills leftover from last week who are against @MIA this week. Had hoped to scoop up NE after waivers ran today but someone took them during that process. Probs sticking with the Bills. 
Doing the same. Feeling a bounce back game for Bills defense as far as fantasy points go.

Users who are viewing this thread