What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

Lots of man’s packages but “Welcome to Chippendales“ first two episodes have been very good. Dinesh from “Silicon Valley” is great in this.

Tales of the Walking Dead (AMC+): Zombie anthology! All using WD zombie rules (slow), but the first 2 haven’t been liked at all, unless I’m missing things that bigger WD fans catch. Essentially, this looks like a series of 45 minute zombie mini-movies. Special effects are minimal, stunts are weak… but let’s see how the stories are.

Episode 1: Terry Crewes and Olivia Munn. Prepper decides to leave his bunker to find a lady prepper he used to chat with. I liked it, there were some good surprises. Crewes can’t act a lick.

Episode 2: Parker Posey. This was awesome. I won’t spoil it, but this was a great layering of concepts. Posey is so good at playing someone odious.

Tales of the Walking Dead (AMC+): Zombie anthology! All using WD zombie rules (slow), but the first 2 haven’t been liked at all, unless I’m missing things that bigger WD fans catch. Essentially, this looks like a series of 45 minute zombie mini-movies. Special effects are minimal, stunts are weak… but let’s see how the stories are.

Episode 1: Terry Crewes and Olivia Munn. Prepper decides to leave his bunker to find a lady prepper he used to chat with. I liked it, there were some good surprises. Crewes can’t act a lick.

Episode 2: Parker Posey. This was awesome. I won’t spoil it, but this was a great layering of concepts. Posey is so good at playing someone odious.
I remember liking the Terry crews one.. The rest didn't leave a lasting impression :shrug:

Episode 3 sucked donkey. It was an origin story of Alpha, who’s a stupid character.

The Verdict (HBO Max)

I have always considered The Verdict as a top 5 best court room drama of all time. I think I've watched it more times than almost any movie that doesn't have the word "Godfather" in the title.
I have always considered it to be timeless and the acting impeccable. Although it has lost a little of its gritty shine over the years. This was the first time I watched it and felt like it could use a well-done makeover. Paul Newman and James Mason are great! I think I have overlooked the performance of Milo O'Shea as the judge in the past. Still a pretty great movie.

The Verdict (HBO Max)

I have always considered The Verdict as a top 5 best court room drama of all time. I think I've watched it more times than almost any movie that doesn't have the word "Godfather" in the title.
I have always considered it to be timeless and the acting impeccable. Although it has lost a little of its gritty shine over the years. This was the first time I watched it and felt like it could use a well-done makeover. Paul Newman and James Mason are great! I think I have overlooked the performance of Milo O'Shea as the judge in the past. Still a pretty great movie.

Was the sound right for you? I've tried to watch it a few times in the last month and the sound doesn't quite match up to the video.

The Verdict (HBO Max)

The Verdict (HBO Max)

Was the sound right for you? I've tried to watch it a few times in the last month and the sound doesn't quite match up to the video.
I don't recall having any sound issues. But my vision isn't great, so the audio may have not matched the video, and I wouldn't have noticed.

The Verdict (HBO Max)

What am i missing here?

The Verdict (HBO Max)

What am i missing here?
A movie with the word Godfather in the title

The Verdict (HBO Max)

I don't recall having any sound issues. But my vision isn't great, so the audio may have not matched the video, and I wouldn't have noticed.

The Verdict (HBO Max)

What am i missing here?
A movie with the word Godfather in the title
Ahhh…hahahaha! Sorry. I’m a little slow.

Episode 3 sucked donkey. It was an origin story of Alpha, who’s a stupid character.
Episode 4 (Anthony Edwards) was interesting - a guy studying the walkers and making nature documentaries… but while the ending was right for a zombie story, it was a bit dreary.

Episode 5 (A-Train from The Boys) was pretty trippy - a guy trying to piece together his story while suffering from a head injury and about to be lynched for murder. I liked it.

5 episodes in on Tulsa King.
Kinda OK. Pretty funny how they seem to give Stallone one sentimental scene an episode to show his acting versatility. Anybody else watching this get like a 2 second blackout in between scenes? Pretty annoying.

5 episodes in on Tulsa King.
Kinda OK. Pretty funny how they seem to give Stallone one sentimental scene an episode to show his acting versatility. Anybody else watching this get like a 2 second blackout in between scenes? Pretty annoying.

I don't remember the blackout but I watched the whole season. It was ok. Nothing special but entertaining enough. Sly is always good for a few chuckles.

Coherence (Prime): 2014 movie I was unaware of. A dinner party on the night of a comet, strange things start happening. This was a really good movie! It had me talking to the screen, trying to figure out all the twists, mad at bad decisions… it had a bit of a problem trying to land the finale, but that’s okay - I thought this was a hidden gem.

Coherence (Prime): 2014 movie I was unaware of. A dinner party on the night of a comet, strange things start happening. This was a really good movie! It had me talking to the screen, trying to figure out all the twists, mad at bad decisions… it had a bit of a problem trying to land the finale, but that’s okay - I thought this was a hidden gem.
I was wondering if that was any good. :thumbup:

Enemy (HBO) -- I saw this recommended somewhere and went into it with only a very general idea of what it was about. When the credits rolled, I still had only a vague idea of what this movie was about. But boy was it entertaining in a weird but gripping way. I think the ending to this movie was probably the most shocking ending I've ever experienced in the sense that (a) it comes out of absolutely nowhere but still makes perfect sense in the context of what we've seen up until that moment and (b) it unambiguously destroys many of the theories that a first-time viewer might have developed about the reality of what is happening in the movie. This is one of those movies that leans into an unreliable narrator, so you spend a large chunk of the film just trying to figure out what's actually happening vs. what the main character is imagining is happening. At least for me, that uncertainly lasted all the way to the very end and then sent me immediately to YouTube to watch some explainers. That won't appeal to everyone, but it's a nice "puzzle" movie.

I was wondering if that was any good. :thumbup:
Watching it now. It’s weird and interesting.

Loved The Bear, binge watched it all in 2 days. That being said the ending made absolutely no sense whatsoever and no matter how many explanations I read online I still feel the same way.

Enemy (HBO) -- I saw this recommended somewhere and went into it with only a very general idea of what it was about. When the credits rolled, I still had only a vague idea of what this movie was about. But boy was it entertaining in a weird but gripping way. I think the ending to this movie was probably the most shocking ending I've ever experienced in the sense that (a) it comes out of absolutely nowhere but still makes perfect sense in the context of what we've seen up until that moment and (b) it unambiguously destroys many of the theories that a first-time viewer might have developed about the reality of what is happening in the movie. This is one of those movies that leans into an unreliable narrator, so you spend a large chunk of the film just trying to figure out what's actually happening vs. what the main character is imagining is happening. At least for me, that uncertainly lasted all the way to the very end and then sent me immediately to YouTube to watch some explainers. That won't appeal to everyone, but it's a nice "puzzle" movie.

It's an early-ish Dennis Villeneuve. That guy makes fantastic movies: Dune, Blade Runner 2049, The Arrival

Your description is dead on btw. I searched for explanations after watching it too.

I'm sure this one has been talked about before, but if you haven't seen the Fargo series do yourself a favor and queue it up. I'm watching season 2 with my wife. I've seen it before, she hasn't. It's so good. I haven't seen the latest season yet, but seasons 1-3 were as good as it gets IMO. Currently on Hulu.

Binged through Fleabag this week. Season 1 is very good. Season 2 is great.

That's the next one for me as soon as I'm done with The Bear (which should be tonight). I'm trying to savor it. I could have watched it all in one day, but I like having something to look forward to at the end of a day.
Fleabag is a tremendous show. And if there's a better opening scene of an opening episode, I haven't seen it.

The Coen brothers first movie, Blood Simple, is still one of the best movies I've ever seen. Viewers know exactly what's happening the entire movie, but none of the characters in the movie ever do. I'm going to have to watch it again soon.

"The world is full of complainers. But the fact is, nothing comes with a guarantee. I don't care if you're the Pope of Rome, President of the United States, or even Man of the Year--something can always go wrong. And go ahead, complain, tell your problems to your neighbor, ask for help--watch him fly. Now in Russia, they got it mapped out so that everyone pulls for everyone else-- that's the theory, anyway. But what I know about is Texas...And down here... you're on your own. "

Definitely second fleabag. Funny show. Fargo is awesome, especially season 2. Currently binging Last Kingdom, which I am liking quite a bit.

Loved The Bear, binge watched it all in 2 days. That being said the ending made absolutely no sense whatsoever and no matter how many explanations I read online I still feel the same way.
What do you mean? I didn't even realize there was controversy about the ending.
I dont know how to post spoilers but it made no sense. Not controversial. Ill post below...

SPOILERS FOR THE BEAR BELOW

They find the $300k Jimmy loaned his brother hidden in tomato cans. Why was the brother borrowing $300k only to hide them in tomato cans? But the bigger question is why is Carmy so ecstatic about finding the money to open a new restaurant? Last I checked, he would still owe Jimmy $300k.

Binged through Fleabag this week. Season 1 is very good. Season 2 is great.

That's the next one for me as soon as I'm done with The Bear (which should be tonight). I'm trying to savor it. I could have watched it all in one day, but I like having something to look forward to at the end of a day.
Fleabag is a tremendous show. And if there's a better opening scene of an opening episode, I haven't seen it.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get past her talking to the camera. It's good, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. You are correct, that opening scene was....something!

I really like Fleishman is in Trouble. Well acted (outside the kids - they were pretty rough), well paced, and very effective use of a narrator/voice over. I have always liked Lizzy Caplan, and this was a great role for her.
Watching this now. I like it quite a bit. Gratuitous nudity doesn't hurt.

Guess I've found my next new show.....

I really like Fleishman is in Trouble. Well acted (outside the kids - they were pretty rough), well paced, and very effective use of a narrator/voice over. I have always liked Lizzy Caplan, and this was a great role for her.

You're about to see more of Jesse Eisenberg than you bargained for buddy.

What do you mean? I didn't even realize there was controversy about the ending.
I dont know how to post spoilers but it made no sense. Not controversial. Ill post below...

SPOILERS FOR THE BEAR BELOW

They find the $300k Jimmy loaned his brother hidden in tomato cans. Why was the brother borrowing $300k only to hide them in tomato cans? But the bigger question is why is Carmy so ecstatic about finding the money to open a new restaurant? Last I checked, he would still owe Jimmy $300k.

Its been a while, but my recollection is that Jimmy wants the restaurant. I thought he asked for either the money or the deed kind of thing. My guess is Carmy gives Jimmy the restaurant and uses the money to open his new location. There is a scene at the very end that shows one can had rolled under the storage rack unopened. I assume that is setting up the drama for season two, as Jimmy will likely find that can and suspect something. Agree the plot points don't make perfect sense.

Reactions: Zow

You're about to see more of Jesse Eisenberg than you bargained for buddy.

Listen, after the White Lotus, nothing can scar nor scare me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread