What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Su'a Cravens - SS/LB WAS (3 Viewers)

The reason that I initially was asking about Cravens here is that I have yet to even see him show up on any dynasty idp rankings - either as a LB or as a DB.  The dynasty rankings here at FBGs don't have listed in either, and the great rankings by onionsack in another thread didn't have him listed.  With this official designation move to SS, was just curious how he was being viewed. 

I was messing around with the "projections" on my mfl league for defensive players, and Cravens is projected to be the #1 DB in my league (.1 points above Collins).  They are projecting 91 solos, 31 assisted, and a total of 8 forced fumble, recoveries, sacks and INTs.  Pretty much what Cyprien did last year. 

The reason that I initially was asking about Cravens here is that I have yet to even see him show up on any dynasty idp rankings - either as a LB or as a DB.  The dynasty rankings here at FBGs don't have listed in either, and the great rankings by onionsack in another thread didn't have him listed.  With this official designation move to SS, was just curious how he was being viewed. 

I was messing around with the "projections" on my mfl league for defensive players, and Cravens is projected to be the #1 DB in my league (.1 points above Collins).  They are projecting 91 solos, 31 assisted, and a total of 8 forced fumble, recoveries, sacks and INTs.  Pretty much what Cyprien did last year. 
It is odd that he is not in the rankings, but both of FBG's IDP projectors have him included in their safety charts.

Norton has him as safety #10 and Rudnicki as #21, so there is (not surprisingly) a high variance in his projections, but the average seems to be about in line with my expectations.

It is odd that he is not in the rankings, but both of FBG's IDP projectors have him included in their safety charts.

Norton has him as safety #10 and Rudnicki as #21, so there is (not surprisingly) a high variance in his projections, but the average seems to be about in line with my expectations.
Where can those be found?  And thank you so much for the response!

So you're not even reading what I write, super.  Have a good one.

:shakinghead:

If I'm not reading what you're writing, how is it I'm using the players you named as great FA pickups as counterexamples of guys not being available in deeper leagues with developmental room?

I agree with you though, trying to discuss this further with you is pointless.  Really too bad, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shakinghead:

If I'm not reading what you're writing, how is it I'm using the players you named as great FA pickups as counterexamples of guys not being available in deeper leagues with developmental room?

I agree with you though, trying to discuss this further with you is pointless.  Really too bad, IMO.

You used two, both from a reply I gave to the guy discussing his 10 man league.  I don't play in 10 man leagues.

I specifically said I am in multiple 16 man leagues and proceeded to name about 10 different guys I myself have gotten off waivers in those leagues.  You didn't reply to a single one of those.

Tartt was available on waivers in two of my leagues, and was used as a comparison of the talent a 16 man league might see vs. a 10 man league seeing Cravens.  If he or Killebrew were on waivers there is a lot less compelling reason to grab them vs. holding onto a rookie stash and hitting waivers for any of the half dozen+ guys I named.

I'm not even getting into the "We have 14 good owners" comment.

Looking for opinions on this guy.  He's almost quit twice now and is out for at least a month while he deals with yet another injury and his mental fitness to play.

Thoughts?  I'm wondering if I should find an alternative for his roster spot.

It seems hard to have much confidence in him, I do not own him in either league I am in and pretty glad of that at this point. There has been a lot of potential talk, but he's done nothing special on the field or for FF owners. We are going through roster cut downs right now, my team and safeties are pretty good, keeping a guy with injury issues and seemingly a lack of heart/desire to play, he would not make my roster. Plus he will be out at least 4 games? 

That being said, it's hard to cut young players that seemingly have a lot of talent and are in potentially good situations so I certainly understand your dilemma. 

That being said, it's hard to cut young players that seemingly have a lot of talent and are in potentially good situations so I certainly understand your dilemma. 

If he were a CB it wouldn't be close, he'd be gone already.  Good Ss are a lot tougher find, which is giving me pause.

I'm facing a tough cutdown and seriously debating whether to drop Su'a...hate to give up on a youngster with potential, but if he's the next Chris Borland, I don't need to keep him rostered.

Anyone heard any leaks at all about what his motivations here are?

I'm facing a tough cutdown and seriously debating whether to drop Su'a...hate to give up on a youngster with potential, but if he's the next Chris Borland, I don't need to keep him rostered.

Anyone heard any leaks at all about what his motivations here are?
Not heard anything but it would be hard to imagine that if he was considering it and was convinced otherwise by team officials, surely it's just a matter of time before he walks. If his heart isn't really in it one would suspect he's more likely to walk away than not....just mho  :(

Arodin said:
DeShazor Everett plugs in at safety, I doubt he gets nickel Lb role though.  More likely Compton or Foster if they want another LB, imo.
Agreed. If they use a safety in subs as an LB, it will be Harvey-Clemons

I drafted Cravens, looking for some Deone S to LB action.

He's shown nothing, except lack of passion. I'm cutting him.

In a video on Snapchat, Redskins S Su'a Cravens said he decided to leave the team because he needs "to follow what makes me happy."

"I don’t feel like I need to explain myself. I don’t feel like I have to," Cravens said. "I need to follow what makes me happy, get my mental right, my well-being right, my family right." The comments do not necessarily mean he is done with football for good, but he certainly sounds done with it for now. Cravens was placed on the exempt/left squad list over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread