What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (2 Viewers)

with the ability to have 3 TE's score for you every week and getting 1.5 PPR....found myself basically just lumping TE's in with WR's price wise after securing a few WR's....then looking at it and seeing if I expected that TE to get about as many receptions as a similiar priced WR...if so TE is the call unless WR would get a substantial amount more yardage....

my team is heavy on TE's.....

I don't get the love-fest for Josh Gordon... Am I missing something? I thought $15 was overpriced for him. He plays for a run-first team with a mediocre QB. Last season he scored 7 or less fantasy points in 9 out of 16 games! and he only scored more than 10 points in 5 games... For a dollar less I would say Hilton provides way more upside. I didn't take either of these guys but I think it's interesting so many guys are loving Gordon

Time for my annual request: PLEASE don't just post your roster. After a few dozen of those posts, they just run together and are tough to read. It's much more readable and interesting if you add in a little of your thoughts/strategy.
:yes:

with the changes to the format.......I am shocked that Julius Thomas isn't on more rosters.......like every one of them....

Thompkins too...

[SIZE=medium]Andrew Luck $16 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Sam Bradford $10 11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Trent Richardson $27 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]LeSean McCoy $27 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Matt Forte $26 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Bilal Powell $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lance Dunbar $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Larry Fitzgerald $23 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Andre Johnson $21 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Justin Blackmon $11 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Chris Givens $10 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Vincent Brown $9 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cordarrelle Patterson $8 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kenbrell Thompkins $2 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jason Witten $23 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dwayne Allen $9 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Julius Thomas $2 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Garrett Hartley $4 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Steve Hauschka $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kai Forbath $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Baltimore Ravens $4 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Detroit Lions $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Carolina Panthers $3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]With the across the board improved quarterback production in the NFL, I decided to go light at quarterback, looking for players that I valued above their cost. I understand that I will be losing some points to a lot of teams here, but hope to make that up with the flex scoring. Much preferred earlier byes, but was not able to. Expect both Indianapolis and St. Louis to be heavily invested in the passing game and both Luck and Bradford to be improved from a year ago.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]With the flex changes, decided to invest more heavily at running back. Spent $80 on my top three and added two hopes for cheap as injury insurance. Richardson, McCoy and Forte are all top running backs that should get a lot of receptions. Hoping for two good scores weekly with the potential for a flex player. Added Powell and Dunbar as cheap insurance with a chance to brother-in-law or score or two and minimize bye week damage although, without injuries I will have two of my top three every week. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Despite the heavy running back budget, I wanted some difference makers at wide receiver and also depth as the wide receiver position has the greatest variability from week to week. Two top players in Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. Blackmon can produce well after the first four games if he can keep his head on straight. Givens might be the top wide receiver for the Rams and seems fitted for the long scores that can help out in best ball. Vincent Brown is the expected top wide receiver for the Chargers, but I question how potent that attack will be. Patterson is really talented with the ball and hoping that he can be a boom or bust player in his rookie season that mixes in several 2 catches for 20 yards with a few 5 catches for 120 yards and a TD. Thompkins should get a lot of playing time and with Brady, he has a chance to blow up for a few weeks also. Only rostered 7 here and hope that is enough to produce two good scores and one flex most weeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Selecting tight ends gave me fits and Witten is leading here because he was rotated in when the final bell rang. Had several on the roster for long periods including Gronkowski, Finley, Cook and more but Witten made the cut. Wanted to have a couple more and considered several helpers as well, but liked the Allen and Thomas combo for depth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Three kickers with Hartley being the high cost at $4, all three have different byes and the byes are mostly different than my high scoring positions. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Three defenses, with the Ravens being the high cost at $4. One bye week matches the PK, but will have a combo of 5 PK and DST most weeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The cost values were really challenging to identify must have players and it will be a fun ride through the season seeing which strategy works the best.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Good luck to everyone and keep the chatter going strong here.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never rooted for a player to get hurt in my life, but if David Wilson would sprain an ankle, and miss a few weeks, I don't think I'd be too upset. Just sayin'.....

Tried for value with having a stud presence to try and win it all.

Peyton Manning $23

Tony Romo $15

2 Studs imo...Romo may have been overkill, but it seems like past winners have spent $$$ on QB's.

Matt Forte $26
David Wilson $21
Eddie Lacy $16
Daniel Thomas $7

Combo of steady production as well as higher upside relative to the $$$ spent. Would like to have had 5 RB's, but you can't have it all with the $250 budget.

Dez Bryant $26
Demaryius Thomas $24
Dwayne Bowe $19
Markus Wheaton $5
Jason Avant $2
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Love the 3 D's (Dez/Demaryus/Dwayne) this year. I could see all 3 being top 5 WR's this year. Should get strong points for the position with flex options points as well.

Jimmy Graham $31
Jordan Cameron $12
Julius Thomas $2

Hummed and hawed over Graham. Finally decided he was worth the $31 as I think the gap between him and any potential TE 2 is worth the $$$/ Loved the value with Cameron and Thomas.

Adam Vinatieri $3
Mason Crosby $3
Kai Forbath $3

3 Kickers...blah blah blah...hope it works out.

Arizona Cardinals $4
Washington Redskins $3
Buffalo Bills $3

Washington is getting guys back and cheap. Like Peterson with kickoff return possibilities.

What say you?

Btw the total number of entries can be found by looking at the standings.

Iggy has a fancy macro he uses to scoop up all the entry info :)

-QG

I don't get the love-fest for Josh Gordon... Am I missing something? I thought $15 was overpriced for him. He plays for a run-first team with a mediocre QB. Last season he scored 7 or less fantasy points in 9 out of 16 games! and he only scored more than 10 points in 5 games... For a dollar less I would say Hilton provides way more upside. I didn't take either of these guys but I think it's interesting so many guys are loving Gordon
I wouldn't judge Gordon based on last season. He has a totally different coaching staff this year, and he has some experience under him now. They are a young team with a lot of talent, and I think Norv Turner is a great OC to be grooming these guys. I think there is a lot to like about Gordon if he can stay out of trouble. If you believe in his potential and think he is worth the risk, he can be perceived as a bargain.

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/8 - $16

QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9

- Strategy wise, wanted one big play and one safety net. Considered taking 3 but didn't make it work. I think Luck breaks out more this year than his peers and provides stability with Vick's boom/bust. Alternatives were Stafford and Ben, settled on the middle.

RB - Trent Richardson - CLE/10 - $27

RB - Reggie Bush - DET/9 - $23

RB - Danny Woodhead - SD/8 - $12

RB - Joique Bell - DET/9 - $6

RB - Isaac Redman - PIT/5 - $5

- Wanted 3 stud RBs but couldn't make it work. Bush will be a PPR monster. J Bell should be a top value. Woodhead is a cheaper version of Sproles/Bush, especially if Mathews breaks down. Redman just fills the "some cheap points" spot.

WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/9 - $23

WR - Josh Gordon - CLE/10 - $15

WR - Emmanuel Sanders - PIT/5 - $12

WR - Brian Hartline - MIA/6 - $9

WR - Vincent Brown - SD/8 - $9

WR - Michael Crabtree - SF/9 - $4

WR - Dexter McCluster - KC/10 - $3

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2

- KT is a given. McCluster could do very well with a better QB whose arm isn't awesome. But, we've been waiting for Dex to live up to expectations for a few years now. Crabtree could push a team to win this thing if we survive long enough (Harvin could too). Brown - WR1 on a bad team, Hartline remains Tanny's safety valve with Wallace spreading the field (he's in for a nice year). Sanders is likely boom/bust but an early bye. Gordon is my choice to break into the top 10 per game. Fitz will show that he's still one of the best with a better QB than he's had in years.

TE - Jimmy Graham - NO/7 - $31

TE - Greg Olsen - CAR/4 - $19

TE - David Ausberry - OAK/7 - $4

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2

- Wanted two stud TEs. Considered Gronk but didn't like the risk. figure both of these top dogs score most weeks. Early byes help. Ausberry and JT are just value. I won't be shocked if both of my flex plays are TEs many weeks.

PK - Greg Zuerlein - STL/11 - $4

PK - Randy Bullock - HOU/8 - $4

PK - Graham Gano - CAR/4 - $3

- The leg and Bull were (almost) always on my team. Gano is an early bye, decent kicker on an offense I actually like, he was a late fill-in.

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/12 - $5

TD - Detroit Lions - DET/9 - $3

- Bengals should have an elite D this year. I think the Lions get most of their points from sacks and I love their DLine. almost went 3 D for $9, but needed the extra dollar for Luck.

In hindsight, maybe Wilson instead of Luck and 3 Def would have been better?

Different strategy here and actually went for guys I didn't think would be on most teams. A few values just had to be picked, but otherwise tried to take the player less chosen.

QB - Cam Newton - CAR/4 - $24

QB - Sam Bradford - STL/11 - $10

- A little bit of boom/bust for both of these, and Cam likely won't be rostered much.

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - JAX/9 - $22

RB - DeMarco Murray - DAL/11 - $21

RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16

RB - Lance Dunbar - DAL/11 - $3

- Two injury risks who likely wouldn't be taken by many. they stay healthy, watch out.

WR - Danny Amendola - NE/10 - $19

WR - Josh Gordon - CLE/10 - $15

WR - Emmanuel Sanders - PIT/5 - $12

WR - Golden Tate - SEA/12 - $10

WR - Cordarrelle Patterson - MIN/5 - $8

WR - Mohamed Sanu - CIN/12 - $6

WR - Michael Crabtree - SF/9 - $4

WR - Josh Morgan - WAS/5 - $3

- Wanted one stud but didn't want to pay more than $20. The rest mid-grade guys should be okay.

TE - Jordan Cameron - CLE/10 - $12

TE - Martellus Bennett - CHI/8 - $12

TE - Fred Davis - WAS/5 - $12

TE - David Ausberry - OAK/7 - $4

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2

- TEBC, all with different bye weeks.

PK - Alex Henery - PHI/12 - $3

PK - Mason Crosby - GB/4 - $3

PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3

- Kickers fluctuate, 3 of them should mean less down-weeks.

TD - Detroit Lions - DET/9 - $3

TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/4 - $3

TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/5 - $3

- Looking for sacks and hopefully INTs. again, like the early byes.

This is my first year doing this and I'm hooked already. Any feedback is welcome. My biggest concern other than injury is late bye weeks for many of my players.

QB - Vick/Schaub

Went cheap at QB to load up at other positions. I should lose ground here most weeks.

RB - Martin 5/Bernard 12/Richardson 11

reserve group Quizz 6/Hunter 9/Felix Jones 5

Went with 1 mega stud and 2 solid backups with high potential. Love me some Quizz and my gut says the Rams moved on from their 31 year old beast for a reason. Hunter is behind an aging Gore and Felix is a cheap hunch.

WR - Julio 6/Dez 11/Amendola 10/Thompkins 10

Went thin and heavy here. Dez is a difference maker and I want him in any format. Amendola is too valuable to pass up at his price and Julio is 2nd only to Dez. Counting on big things from this group every week.

TE - Graham 7/Davis 9/Stocker 5/J Thomas 9

Graham plays through pain and may be a demi-god. Paging Odin for confirmation... Davis has to wash out as the #1 target in SF if I read my tea leaves properly. Gimme 2 spoons full of dat! Peyton loves his TE binki and everyone here seems to have him, though I didn't see Stocker on many rosters here. He should be very busy in Tampa and I suspect will be a pleasant waiver wire pickup in many leagues this season.

3 cheap K

2 D including Seattle

There are some great looking rosters posted here. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out for you. Best of luck!

Arg, I accidentally checked Eli instead of Dalton as my backup QB and now see the rosters are locked. Thought we had until kickoff. Any way to correct this?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Colin Kaepernick $18 0.00 bye Michael Vick $9 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Trent Richardson $27 0.00 bye C.J. Spiller $26 0.00 bye David Wilson $21 0.00 bye Eddie Lacy $16 0.00 bye Felix Jones $2 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Calvin Johnson $31 0.00 bye A.J. Green $25 0.00 bye Rueben Randle $8 0.00 bye Darrius Heyward-Bey $7 0.00 bye Keenan Allen $4 0.00 bye Kenbrell Thompkins $2 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jimmy Graham $31 0.00 bye Anthony Fasano $2 0.00 bye Julius Thomas $2 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Garrett Hartley $4 0.00 bye Adam Vinatieri $3 0.00 bye Rob Bironas $3 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Indianapolis Colts $3 0.00 bye Washington Redskins $3 0.00 bye New Orleans Saints $3 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 CUTOFF 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 I did not see as many low priced value plays this year.

Luck 16

Vick 9

Luck with the relatively early bye week and cheap price tag definitely stood out to me. Played around with various backups and Vick provides by far the most upside for a <$10 price tag. Played around with adding a 3rd cheap one to make sure I had someone for Luck's Bye but decided I needed the money elsewhere.

Richardson 27

Spiller 26

Wilson 21

Helu 6

Never thought I was going to be spending so much on RB, but the mid-range values this year just are not there. Bernard and Lacy look really attractive, but Bernard's week 12 Bye took him out of contention for me given my Spiller love. Lacy should be solid, but much more upside with Wilson for an extra $5. If 2 of the top 3 can stay healthy for week 15 + 16 I would be really happy.

Julio 27

Demaryius 24

Miles Austin 14

Alshon Jefferey 11

DHB 7

Josh Boyce 3

Kenbrell Thompkins 2

Dez was in here up until the last night when I was feeling a little too shallow and thought Miles was one of the best mid-priced values and didn't want to have both Dez and Miles off in week 11 so swapped in Demaryius. I really like Alshon's upside, would have preferred Michael Floyd at that price but was having some Week 9 Bye issues. DHB is an enigma to me, he is in a great position to overperform his price tag but don't know if he will have those huge games I am looking for. That is want more volatility out of him even if it means more really bad games. Thompkins is kind of a given for the price point, and I am high on Boyce. I think he could blow up if Amendola gets hurt and I mean......

Gronk 24

Dwayne Allen 9

David Ausberry 4

Julius Thomas 2

And my biggest challenge is revealed, week 10. With Gronk + Richardson off in week 10 that will most likely be my toughest week. If Allen's foot is good to go, feel he is a steal at $9 and Thomas is a given at the price point. Wanted a 4th TE and Ausberry was the cheapest one that had any kind of upside IMHO, let's see if he can get healthy.

Hauschka 3

Forbath 3

Brown 3

Lions 3

Redskins 3

Chargers 3

I am a big proponent of 3 DEF and 3 K, even with the smaller roster I liked having the safety in numbers given the volatilty at those positions.

23 is the smallest roster I have ever done, though 25 treated me very well last year. With the lack of values at RB in particular, thought the play was to load up on a couple studs there as opposed to going for quantity.

In a nutshell, I should name the team, "If no one gets injured"

I've made the final 250 once in 4 years with a small-ish roster (19 iirc), and the last few years subscribed to the large roster theory. This year I went with 22.

QB's (2/$27)

Colin Kaepernick $18, Michael Vick $9

With the change from 6pt td's down to 4, I decided to spend less on QB's, and focusing on QB's that can make up for it with some running yards. Like others, I think Vick has great value, offset by injury risk.

RB's (4/92)
Adrian Peterson $37, Reggie Bush $23, Eddie Lacy $16, Giovani Bernard $16

I feel pretty good about these four. I vacillated on AP back and forth a few times, but decided he would likely outscore any alternative expenditure of the same money more often than not. Reggie Bush might be money with 1 point per reception. If he stays healthy of course. Lacy and Bernard are value picks that will have good opportunity to put up RB1 numbers on any given week, but probably with less consistency. I couldn't pull the trigger on any <$10 guys, as it seemed like pure speculation striking big if a starting RB got hurt.

WR's (6/$76)
Julio Jones $27, Danny Amendola $19, DeSean Jackson $16, Chris Givens $10, Leonard Hankerson $2, Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jones should be a solid contributor. More injury risk with Amendola, but could be money if he stays healthy. Givens I think will catch a lot of balls in St Louis, and Hankerson + Thompkins are the obvious value picks.

TE (4/$36)
Jared Cook $15, Coby Fleener, $10, Tyler Eifert $7, Vance McDonald $4

Normally I've gone heavy on TE's, because at 1.5 PPR, they can get up there in points quick, and often they wind up being flex'ed. They're also very streak-y. I just didn't feel good about the top tier TE's this year (Graham, Gronk, etc.) Vance McDonald is my homer pick... he looked good in the preseason and SF's wr options are slim.

K (3/4$)
Greg Zuerlein $4, Alex Henery $3, Mason Crosby $3

Nothing mentionable here. Originally I went with higher priced kickers, but when I analyzed the last 2 years' contests, I didn't see much increase of points per week from the $3 kickers to the $5

Def (3/$9)
Carolina Panthers $3, Tennessee Titans $3, New Orleans Saints $3

Same strategy as with kickers.

Overally, I'm pretty happy with the selection. I paid close attention to bye weeks, and although I would have like to have had more eary-week byes, I'm pretty well spread out. I have a number of players on bye in weeks 10-12, but no more than one at the top of any QB/RB/WR position.

Can't wait for the games to start!

eta for spelling.

It seems most used "stud" QB with Vick as a backup. Tough to get better value than $9 if Vick stays healthy. I'm praying RG3 stays healthy. I initially had Luck.

Bruce Leroy

This entry is still alive.

QB - Robert Griffin III - WAS/5 - $20
QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9
RB - Trent Richardson - CLE/10 - $27
RB - C.J. Spiller - BUF/12 - $26

RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16
RB - Mark Ingram - NO/7 - $15
RB - Kendall Hunter - SF/9 - $6

I think Ingram, Hunter & Bell are dramatically underrated this season. We'll see
WR - James Jones - GB/4 - $19

WR - Lance Moore - NO/7 - $14
WR - Golden Tate - SEA/12 - $10

WR - Rueben Randle - NYG/9 - $8

WR - Andre Roberts - ARI/9 - $6
WR - Donnie Avery - KC/10 - $4

Tried to squeeze as much value as I could out of WR's
TE - Jermichael Finley - GB/4 - $18
TE - Brandon Myers - NYG/9 - $12
TE - Anthony Fasano - KC/10 - $2

3 TE's felt about right this year. I've played with up to 6 in past years
PK - Randy Bullock - HOU/8 - $4
PK - Mason Crosby - GB/4 - $3
PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3
Last year Crosby was one of the highest rated kickers. This year he's going un-drafted

TD - Green Bay Packers - GB/4 - $5
TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/8 - $3
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/5 - $3

I expect Packers & Redskins to be in NFC Championship game. If I'm right, their defenses are going to need to show up

Aaron Rodgers $28
EJ Manuel $7

Stud. ALMOST went with just one QB and rolled out a better WR or RB, but then I couldn't do it. Like the bye week 4 though. Given # of entrants, I probably could have gone 1 QB.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trent Richardson $27
David Wilson $21
Eddie Lacy $16
Giovani Bernard $16

4 guys I think will all do well. It's really weird having 4 instead of 7 or 8, but here goes nothing! I think Lacy is a bit of a risk, Bernard will be great, and Wilson will be on a ton of teams (Did I see Iggy say 43%?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marques Colston $21
Mike Williams $16
Justin Blackmon $11
Golden Tate $10
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

This is where I am unique. That will either hurt me, or help me greatly. I did not spend very much here, and it's because I love Colston and Williams, and I figured Blackmon coming back late (although cuts are easy til he's back) would keep him off of a lot of teams. WR is my one regret - I'm wishing I went one QB, went with a cheaper lotto ticket instead of Lacy or Bernard, and used that to move up to a bigger WR or add a mid-teens cost guy.
Jimmy Graham $31
Jason Witten $23
Julius Thomas $2

I almost went with another guy here, but thought it was overkill. I expect Graham and Witten to give me one of, if not the, top TE + Flex combos every single week. Thomas contributing is just a buffer against high ownership, lotto ticket, and a nice bonus when he scores.
Robbie Gould $3
Mason Crosby $3

Almost reduced al my defenses to add a 3rd kicker. Decided I want 20/week combined, and this will do it.
New England Patriots $5
Miami Dolphins $4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4

See note about Kickers. Here was my strategy: 10 combined games against Bills and Jets. It really was that simple.

I don't think I've ever made it past round 4 or 5, so I'm sure I'll lose early. This is what I ended up going with:

Bradford

Manuel

Richardson

McCoy

Wilson

Bernard

Helu

J. Bell

Dez

Garcon

Hilton

Jeffery

Givens

Thompkins

Hankerson

Cook

F. Davis

J. Thomas

Zuerlein

Forbath

Seattle

Panthers

Does this look like another quick flame out??

I thought Shoob had a lot of value. Judging at the entries most of you think he has aids.
I for one hope he has value! We can celebrate and mourn together.I think it depends on Hopkins and how difficult the AFC South turns out to be. Personally I see both TEN and JAX being better than estimated, so HOU might stick to throwing for longer.

My team.. no time for thoughts right now. BYE weeks balance out nicely....

Hoping to have a stud performance out of one of these 3 every week.
Colin Kaepernick $18
Russell Wilson $15
Matt Schaub $9

Love these guys...

C.J. Spiller $26
Matt Forte $26
Reggie Bush $23
Eddie Lacy $16
Chris Polk $2

Potential weakness is at WR... but went QTY over QUAL... hoping for varied contributions here as WR scoring can be erratic.

Danny Amendola $19
Miles Austin $14
Anquan Boldin $13
Vincent Brown $9
Brandon LaFell $7
Jeremy Kerley $5
Nate Washington $4

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Underrated..

Jordan Cameron $12
Dwayne Allen $9
Julius Thomas $2

I like going 3ea of K and TD as they can score nice and are pretty erratic. Odds are good of one solid Double digit contributor per week.

Mason Crosby $3
Kai Forbath $3
Josh Brown $3

Cleveland Browns $4
Tennessee Titans $3
Buffalo Bills $3

3 QB ($36)

Matt Ryan $22
Michael Vick $9
Geno Smith $5

I'm really surprised that I haven't seen Matty Ice on any of the posted roosters yet. A top tier QB with a slight pricce discount, 2 stud WRs, ageless TE, and SJax= no brainer for me. Vick is always an injury risk, but tough to pass on his boom potential in a Chip Kelly offense at that price. Wanted a bargain bin QB as injury insurance. I had been riding Manuel through most of my variations, but he had the same bye as Vick. Even though I think Manuel will outperform Geno, Smith was a few dollars cheaper, and had a better bye. Hopefully he either bursts on the scene, or is never needed.

7 RB ($97)

LeSean McCoy $27
Reggie Bush $23
Maurice Jones-Drew $22
Shane Vereen $18
Bilal Powell $3
Kenjon Barner $2
Felix Jones $2

I liked the value the most here. Philly should be run heavy, Bush is PPR gold, and MJD is a great value at that price as the Jags biggest threat. Injury/age discount. In this format, I have no problem taking a chance on Vereen becoming a focal point of the Pats short passing game, plus occasionally spelling Ridley. Powell is a bargain bin option that is at least starting week one. His competition is either injury prone, suspension prone, or otherwise useless, so there is a chance that he can at least be a bye week contributor. Barner is the most likely dead money here, but is just a DWill injury away. Likewise with Felix Jones. Bell should run with the job in Pittsburgh when healthy, but Jones is a cheap opportunity flyer pick if his preseason injury woes continue to dog him. If the Steelers had faith in Redman being a longterm backup option, I don't think they would have picked up Felix.

5 WR ($56)

Andre Johnson $21
Cecil Shorts $17
Chris Givens $10
Mohamed Sanu $6
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Aging bargain stud in Johnson. Shorts should see plenty of looks, both in garbage time, and picking up the slack when Blackmon is serving time for stupidity. The Rams are a bit of a crapshoot to project a #1 WR, but at $10, I like the value from Givens. Sanu was starting to look good before getting injured last year. While AJ pulls the coverage, Sanu could get open for some big opportunities. And of course Kenbrell at $2 because.

3 TE ($40)

Jimmy Graham $31
Tyler Eifert $7
Julius Thomas $2

Graham is head and shoulders above the rest IMO, and the best position to go for broke. Eifert and Thomas aren't likely to see many starts for me, but both have good upside, and could provide a flex play on any given Sunday.

2 K ($7)

Randy Bullock $4
Kai Forbath $3

Splurged $1 and upgraded to Bullock, who is still a value at $4

3 DEF ($14)

Houston Texans $5
Denver Broncos $5
Baltimore Ravens $4

I may have overspent here to get a few "stud" defenses. But after filling out the rest of my roster, I couldn't find any upgrades I liked at other positions to eat up the final few dollars. Perhaps the investment will push me over the cut in a tight week.

The Big Roster guys have converted me slowly but surely. Over the last few years my rosters have grown. This year went with 26, including 3 QBs, a real oddity for me. Romo is my "stud" -- I think he represented real value @ $15. Like everyone else, I also have Vick. I added Smith @ $10, not because I think he's great (I don't) but because I think he represents an OK floor for me most weeks.

I went with 6 RBs, which is also historically high for me. With the 2 flex spots, I could conceiveably have 4 RBs count in a given week, so it seemed silly to not expand here a bit. Have the Bush/Joique combo, as I like to hedge on injuries a bit. I don't think Joique has much value if Bush stays healthy, but he has great value if he doesn't. Went with CJ1.3K, as I think the Titans run game will be much improved and he represents the potential for a monster week at any given point (along with Reggie). I though L. James represented nice value with upside and L. Dunbar could emerge after Murray gets hurt in week 3. Richardson rounds this unit out as a yeoman who should get lots of carries in the Fisher offense.

At WR I went with 8, none of them classic "studs". Bowe is my biggest guy here, as I think the system will suit him to a tee. Britt, M. Austin, Hilton, and Tate are my other double-digit-dollar guys. I like Hilton, especially in the 2nd half of the season. Austin will get his receptions if he can stay healthy, ditto Tate. Nothing sexy there, although Britt is the classic boom-or-bust guy. I added V. Brown and Hunter as my "potential for an occasional monster week" guys and Avery as my "he might have a really nice season guy".

Went with 3 TEs (Bennett, H. Miller, Ballard). Miller is mister steady, IMO. I think Bennett could have a nice season in Chicago. Ballard seemed like a value play in that pass-oriented offense, but since he was released and I didn't update my roster he's probably dead money unless I get lucky.

3 PK and 3 Def.

We'll see. I have bye week concerns in week 8, but otherwise it shouldn't be too bad from that perspective assuming most of my team stays healthy -- always a monster assumption.

Didn't really do much good this time. I didn't think that 2 WR starters instead of 3 should have decreased WR value all that much. It appears that everyone else disagrees. I also know that the 2 flex and 1.5 PPR makes TEs valuable but I thought the top end guys were over priced. Again, it seems that everyone else disagrees. Figured there would be 5 high ownership guys:

M Vick, E Lacy., D Bryant, K Thompkins, J Thomas. I'm a contrarian again on PHI this year as I don't think they'll be quite as explosive as everyone thinks, so I skipped Vick but got the other 4.

Here is what I ended up with:

QB

T Brady NE/10 $19

A Luck IND/8 $16

Love Brady this year, which again seems against the grain. He was on the team from the beginning. As was Luck, although I do think they could be in for a let down and I considered saving a buck with Romo a number of times.

RB

T Richardson CLE/10 $27

R Bush DET/9 $23

E Lacy GB/4 $16

J Bell DET/9 $6

C MIchael SEA/12 $5

L Dunbar DAL/11 $3

C Polk PHI/12 $2

High on RIchardson this season, although I almost switched to McCoy several times. I think Bush will great in this format and I like Bell enough and think that DET will generate enough offense that I grabbed him as well. Like Lacy this year but he's certainly a risk. I almost went with Gio instead but I liked my 3rd RB having the first Bye week instead of the last Bye week. Michael is a great high risk, high reward pick in this format and I like Dunbar a lot and think he beats out Randle and Tanner to back up Murray.

WR

D Bryant DAL/11 $26

S Johnson BUF/12 $16

J Gordon CLE/10 $15

T Hilton IND/8 $14

A Roberts ARI/9 $6

M Wheaton PIT/5 $5

K Thompkins NE/10 $2

Went strong but not stud at this position with 4 solid options. I imagine my flex will come from this position most often.

Bryant was on every iteration with Brady. Like Stevie this season and as a Bills fan it's nice to have one on this team. Gordon is a great high risk, high reward guy and you had to know that his suspension wouldn't affect your team in this contest. Hilton is due for a great year that gets him into the top 20. I like Roberts this year more than Floyd and have him on most rosters. Wheaton is a bet on a later season riser as he learns the O and earns Ben's trust throughout the year. I think PIT will be airing it out a lot this season. And of course, Thompkins.

Also really liked Shorts, Givens and Tate and would have liked to found a way for them to fit.

TE

J Finley GB/4 $18

E DIckson BAL/8 $9

J Thomas DEN/9 $2

Went back and forth with Finley and Davis. Early Bye week won. Went back and forth even more with Dickson and Allen. Same Bye week, same price. Have both on several rosters. Finally went with Dickson since I have Luck and Hilton and wanted to spread the risk.

Thomas was mandatory at that price.

PK

Hartley, Forbath, Suisham - $10 - Three cheap kickers with different, early Bye weeks.

DEF

MIA, CAR, NO - $10 - Three cheap DEFs with different, early Bye weeks.

Final choice was a $2 player between Polk, Brandon Gibson and Anthony Fasano. In hindsight, wish I had gone Fasano.

BTW, this is my first year doing this contest, and I'm officially addicted. If the rosters didn't lock, I would still be tinkering with my lineup. I'd join the FBG just to play in this contest lol. Thanks FBGs!!!!!!

gottabesweet

Code:
This entry is still alive.                                 1      2      3      4      5      6      7      8      9     10     11     12     13     14     15     16  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Drew Brees            $26      0.00                                       bye                                                                Eli Manning           $14      0.00                                                     bye                                                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LeSean McCoy          $27      0.00                                                                          bye                             Chris Johnson         $25      0.00                                              bye                                                         Reggie Bush           $23      0.00                                                     bye                                                  Roy Helu               $6      0.00                         bye                                                                              Bilal Powell           $3      0.00                                                            bye                                           Kenjon Barner          $2      0.00                  bye                                                                                     Felix Jones            $2      0.00                         bye                                                                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dez Bryant            $26      0.00                                                                   bye                                    Terrance Williams      $3      0.00                                                                   bye                                    T.J. Graham            $3      0.00                                                                          bye                             Jarius Wright          $3      0.00                         bye                                                                              Harry Douglas          $3      0.00                                bye                                                                       Andrew Hawkins         $3      0.00                                                                          bye                             Jason Avant            $2      0.00                                                                          bye                             Jacoby Ford            $2      0.00                                       bye                                                                Austin Pettis          $2      0.00                                                                   bye                                    Kenbrell Thompkins     $2      0.00                                                            bye                                           ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jimmy Graham          $31      0.00                                       bye                                                                Jason Witten          $23      0.00                                                                   bye                                    Julius Thomas          $2      0.00                                                     bye                                                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Alex Henery            $3      0.00                                                                          bye                             Ryan Succop            $3      0.00                                                            bye                                           ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cincinnati Bengals     $5      0.00                                                                          bye                             Carolina Panthers      $3      0.00                  bye                                                                                     New Orleans Saints     $3      0.00

therokie0070 said:
therokie0070 said:
Loving my team more and more as I see others, solid starters and almost my entire roster has byes by week 6!!

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT/5

QB - Ryan Tannehill - MIA/6

RB - Adrian Peterson - MIN/5

RB - Steven Jackson - ATL/6

RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4

WR - Calvin Johnson - DET/9

WR - Julio Jones - ATL/6

WR - Jordy Nelson - GB/4

WR - Vincent Jackson - TB/5

WR - Dexter McCluster - KC/10

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10

TE - Jermichael Finley - GB/4

TE - David Ausberry - OAK/7

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9

PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5

PK - Graham Gano - CAR/4

TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/4

TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/5
First year I went WR heavy I spent 110 on 6 WRs and 80 on 3 RB, if all my studs stay health I think I have a shot!!
I am shocked that more people did not try to go with studs that have early bye weeks, only stud I have that has a bye week after 6 is Calvin, I sure hope I make it past week 6 because if I do and don't in counter any major Injuries I think I will have a shot.

stbugs said:
cracKer said:
Luck, Romo, Vick

Spiller, Forte, Wilson, Lacy, Richardson

D.Jackson, M.Austin, Hilton, Givens, Tate, Thompkins

Gates, Cameron, Thomas

Vinatieri, Hooshka

BAL, CLE

Went back and forth with variations that had V.Brown, 3rd D and 3rd K but decided to go the route that allowed me to keep both Jackson and Richardson
Wow, you went real heavy on RB, opposite of me. I am pretty sure I will regret it, but you almost have to skimp somewhere. The only thing I don't like about your RBs is that your cheapest was Lacy and barring injuries or a bad bye week, he will never play at RB or Flex. For $16, that is a lot to ride the pine. You probably could have moved up to Gronk/Graham or to 2 stud WRs without him.
Sorry, this was DRich, not TRich. 5 runners, 5 different byes. Worked hard to keep receivers paired with my QBs even if it wasn't the #1.

Everybody loves their team at this point, it's what makes this comp so great

Ownership stats

Contest querier so you can search for combinations of guys.
205 entries with all 3 of Romo, Schaub, and Vick. Not nearly as many as I had originally feared.

260 entries have all 3 of TRich, D Wilson, and Lacy. 6 (including me) have those 3 along with Powell and Redman

29 entries have all 3 of Demaryius, Andre Johnson, and Givens as their 3 most expensive WR.

105 entries have Finley and Cook. I have the only entry with those 2 and J Thomas and Winslow. (31 have those 2 and J Thomas)

181 entries have all 3 of Hauschka, J Brown, and Forbath

5 entries have all 3 of Cincy, Tennessee and Washington defenses.

19 entries have Romo, T Rich, Demaryius, and Finley (the most expensive guy I have at each of the 4 positions)

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread