What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

I don't understand why Romo/Dez aren't on almost all teams. They are both cheap for their potential production.

I am regretting not getting Gordon for $15. I didn't take into consideration that few people are knocked out (or none, this year) in the first two weeks. But I have him in many leagues this year so if he does well I will likely win a decent amount of money anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Luck $16
Michael Vick $9
Matt Schaub $9
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trent Richardson $27
C.J. Spiller $26
Eddie Lacy $16
Ronnie Hillman $11
Bilal Powell $3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dez Bryant $26
Demaryius Thomas $24
T.Y. Hilton $14
Cordarrelle Patterson $8
Brandon LaFell $7
Markus Wheaton $5
Kenbrell Thompkins $2
Rob Gronkowski $24
David Ausberry $4
Anthony Fasano $2
Julius Thomas $2
Kai Forbath $3
Josh Brown $3
Indianapolis Colts $3
Detroit Lions $3
Tennessee Titans $3

I think the squad is ok. I think I could've done better with the RBs and WRs, although my top 2 in each of those should be solid all year. I'm going to have a tough road from weeks 8-10 with byes, but if I make it past that, then we'll see.

Who's the most common player at each position?

Guesses:

QB: Vick

RB: J Bell (? really not sure)

WR: Thompkins

TE: J Thomas (although Ausberry could be 2nd)
Top 20 most-owned players:

Player Count Pct

Kenbrell Thompkins 7755 53.9%

Michael Vick 6199 43.1%

David Wilson 5064 35.2%

Eddie Lacy 5058 35.1%

Dez Bryant 4482 31.1%

Tony Romo 4479 31.1%

Seattle Seahawks 4453 30.9%

Julius Thomas 4037 28.0%

Jordan Cameron 3879 26.9%

C.J. Spiller 3829 26.6%

Randy Bullock 3747 26.0%

Danny Amendola 3473 24.1%

Steve Hauschka 3471 24.1%

Chris Givens 3470 24.1%

Vincent Brown 3322 23.1%

Reggie Bush 3175 22.1%

Jimmy Graham 3049 21.2%

LeSean McCoy 2910 20.2%

Andrew Luck 2843 19.7%

T.Y. Hilton 2836 19.7%

Who's the most common player at each position?

Guesses:

QB: Vick

RB: J Bell (? really not sure)

WR: Thompkins

TE: J Thomas (although Ausberry could be 2nd)
Top 20 most-owned players:

Player Count Pct

Kenbrell Thompkins 7755 53.9%

Michael Vick 6199 43.1%

David Wilson 5064 35.2%

Eddie Lacy 5058 35.1%

Dez Bryant 4482 31.1%

Tony Romo 4479 31.1%

Seattle Seahawks 4453 30.9%

Julius Thomas 4037 28.0%

Jordan Cameron 3879 26.9%

C.J. Spiller 3829 26.6%

Randy Bullock 3747 26.0%

Danny Amendola 3473 24.1%

Steve Hauschka 3471 24.1%

Chris Givens 3470 24.1%

Vincent Brown 3322 23.1%

Reggie Bush 3175 22.1%

Jimmy Graham 3049 21.2%

LeSean McCoy 2910 20.2%

Andrew Luck 2843 19.7%

T.Y. Hilton 2836 19.7%
:nerd:

Mildly surprised Wilson is that commonly held. Could be huge I suppose.

After 100s of adjustments, still not done tweaking but alas time ran out. Wanted a deep roster 26-28.

But decided to roll with guys I thought had more power. I loved the $9-$10 WRs this year,

but changed to a couple more expensive guys last minute. Looking back I think Givens, Tate, Brown, Randle

would have been smarter (safer) than Gordon, Garcon. Pick up the extra $2 downgrading the Bears

This debate I could never resolve...

Eli Manning $14

Michael Vick $9

EJ Manuel $7

-------------------------

Matt Forte $26

Maurice Jones-Drew $22

Shane Vereen $18

Bilal Powell $3

Stepfan Taylor $3

Lance Dunbar $3

Brandon Marshall $27

Dez Bryant $26

Pierre Garcon $20

Josh Gordon $15

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jordan Cameron $12

Fred Davis $12

Dwayne Allen $9

Julius Thomas $2

Robbie Gould $3

Mason Crosby $3

Josh Brown $3

Chicago Bears $5

Washington Redskins $3

Buffalo Bills $3

TE is the spot I'm most excited about - wanted to pay the piper for Graham/Gronk and think that one of them will be flex every week. The free 2 weeks really helps the Gronk situation, and I'm hoping I'll be one of the few teams with that combo. I'll wait for Iggy's program to see if that's the case.
130 entries have both Graham and Gronk.
Thanks Iggy, I like it.

First entry ever. Wanted to go stud heavy which resulted in a smaller roster. I'm swinging for the fences here because that's what Scoresman's all about.

Cam Newton $24
Michael Vick $9

Not much to say here that hasn't been said other than I like Cam's early bye week and hopefully Vick is still standing upright week 4.

Doug Martin $34
Trent Richardson $27
Marshawn Lynch $25
Ronnie Hillman $11

Stud RB theory. Swinging for the fences here. Did not see any bargain RBs I really liked.

Calvin Johnson $31
Chris Givens $10
Donnie Avery $4
Nate Washington $4
Jacoby Ford $2
Leonard Hankerson $2
Brandon Gibson $2
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

WR is the riskiest part of my team. It's Calvin and a bunch of weekly crapshots.

Jimmy Graham $31
Antonio Gates $12
Julius Thomas $2

Meant to switch out Gates with someone else, but forgot. Oh well. We'll see what happens here I guess.

Steve Hauschka
Kai Forbath
Josh Brown

Carolina Panthers
Washington Redskins
New Orleans Saints

TE is the spot I'm most excited about - wanted to pay the piper for Graham/Gronk and think that one of them will be flex every week. The free 2 weeks really helps the Gronk situation, and I'm hoping I'll be one of the few teams with that combo. I'll wait for Iggy's program to see if that's the case.
Thanks Iggy, I like it.
I didn't read this thread, but that is what I did. I went with:

Kaepernick/Romo

Forte/Wilson/Bernard

Green/DThomas/Austin/Blackmon/Kerley/Thompkins

Graham/Gronk/JThomas

Prater/Forbath

Patriots/Titans

I decided to go shallow and hope for no injuries. Seeing as how I own most of these guys in one of my 3 leagues, if this team crashes and burns, so will the rest of my fantasy teams. With the WRs/TEs I have, I am assuming that my 2 flex spots will most likely go to WR/TE every week,so I figured 1 QB, 2RBs and 5 WR/TEs every week. My roster may look too WR/TE heavy, but that is 4 backups for 5 starters. RB is definitely on the light side, but with Gronk and Blackmon as high risk/reward guys, I was OK with that. I probably should have ditched Kerley, but I don't think it would have helped much. Oh well, just a shot in the dark anyway.

Luck, Romo, Vick

Spiller, Forte, Wilson, Lacy, Richardson

D.Jackson, M.Austin, Hilton, Givens, Tate, Thompkins

Gates, Cameron, Thomas

Vinatieri, Hooshka

BAL, CLE

Went back and forth with variations that had V.Brown, 3rd D and 3rd K but decided to go the route that allowed me to keep both Jackson and Richardson

Slightly more detail...

3 QB for $33

Tony Romo $15Michael Vick $9Matt Schaub $9Ugh, I hated reading the post that had these 3. I fear this will be the most owned trio in the entire game. Romo is a guy who through 4,900 yards last year (really! - even I didn't realize it was that many) who has enough weapons to be top 5. Vick is the boom/bust speculation but the hope is that he'll be ultimately healthy for the right weeks and put up numbers. Originally I was something along the lines of Romo/Luck/Gabbert then realized Gabbert just never ever counts. Schaub is a solid but not spectacular choice who sets up a decent floor. Thinking about the sheer volume of ownership, though, I'm starting to think maybe I should've gone with one of the other week-8-bye QBs in Flacco or Locker.

RB - 5 for $72

-------------------------Trent Richardson $27David Wilson $21Eddie Lacy $16Isaac Redman $5Bilal Powell $3-------------------------In a bit of switch for me I went light $ on the RB. As I drove in today I have to say the one bit of remorse I have is not having ADP on my team as I nearly always do. If I got in my time machine I think I'd swap out Richardson/Streater/Winslow and take Purple Jesus back. But Richardson is a guy who has the potential to get #1 points. Wilson's situation with the Giants now is pretty great and if he plays up to his draft status in the first few weeks he'll lock up all of the jobs including for himself. I'm a bit nervous about Lacy, to be honest, and strongly considered Gio, but that week 12 bye is just too too scary. Redman has a chance for goal-line carries even when Bell comes back and there's always the chance Bell doesn't stay healthy. I don't really believe Powell will stay the starter or put up starting RB numbers, but at $3 I took the lottery ticket. I'm bummed at how commonly owned all these guys will probably be.

WR 10 for $86

-------------------------Demaryius Thomas $24Andre Johnson $21Chris Givens $10Vincent Brown $9Rod Streater $6Jeremy Kerley $5Nate Washington $4Josh Morgan $3Brandon Gibson $2Kenbrell Thompkins $2-------------------------I really felt like all of the value in this contest is with the wide receivers, even with the change in rules regarding the flex position. There's twice as many of them on the field at any given time and a lot more of them have the potential to put up big numbers. So I grabbed a bunch with the idea to diversify.

Maybe I'll luck out and Demaryius will be one of my few unpopular players - I see top line numbers at a fair price for him. I'll be nervous about Andre staying healthy all year but ultimately I took the $2 I saved from my QB changes and decided to grab the more proven Andre instead of Bowe who I had on a lot of iterations. Givens has a chance to do something as the #2 in the Rams with a rookie playing opposite - though the rumors that they were basically hiding Tavon makes we worry that I made a mistake here. Vince Brown was on every iteration of my team - I really think he's going to way outperform the price and probably end up counting most weeks. Streater is an odd case - he has a chance on an awful team and had a good 1st season. Basically though he's on my team because I traded in Hartline/LaFell for Givens/Streater. I just don't trust LaFell entirely and Hartline has company now with Wallace. Kerley is going to be a guy the Jets rely on - he has the potential to count some weeks I think. Nate Washington is another guy that was on all my iterations - a cagey vet that's been underrated for years - and I think he's a steal here. Josh Morgan and Gibson fall closer to the lottery ticket stage but hopefully they step up a couple times. Of course I had Thompkins.

TE 4 for $39

-------------------------Jermichael Finley $18Jared Cook $15Kellen Winslow Jr $4Julius Thomas $2-------------------------Surprised that the ardor for the TE position seems to have cooled down in this contest. I'm hoping the Finley/Cook combo is good enough - I did not want to lay out a zillion dollars for Graham. Julius Thomas was mandatory. Kellen Winslow fulfills my need for having at least one guy where I go "why the hell did I put HIM on my team?" but the fact that the Jets are babying him a bit in terms of keeping him on a lower work load makes me think they are preserving him for games. And of course you can never have too many Jets, right?!? :bag: As usual I bet my TE group is the one area I'm even remotely unique.

PK 3 for $9

-------------------------Steve Hauschka $3Kai Forbath $3Josh Brown $3-------------------------With a position like kicker I think diversification is important. I've always been a 3-kicker guy. These are 3 $3 kickers who I think have good job security. I love Brown this year and I think that he very well could be top-5 in points this season.

Defense: 3 for $11

-------------------------Cincinnati Bengals $5Tennessee Titans $3Washington Redskins $3Again this is a position where point swings make diversification a good call. I don't like expensive defenses but I love this Bengals defense way too much this year not to include them (and I need at least 1 Bengal, right? :) ) The Titans and Redskins are closer to the lottery ticket type plays and seemed like the best of a grim $3 bunch.

So there you go! The least unique team in the entire game. 28 strong!

:boxing:

-QG

[SIZE=10pt]Modified my overall strategy this year. Generally a larger roster guy who has been fortunate to advance late into the contest only to flop in the last weeks or playoffs. Consistency got me that far, but I did not have the horses to win. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Also, the dual flex helped me feel comfortable with fewer RBs and WRs. [/SIZE]

QB(2) - $34

[SIZE=10pt]Tom Brady $19 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Russell Wilson $15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Still believe in Brady, thought the price was right. Wilson will have some big games also.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]RB(4) - $92[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Trent Richardson $27 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]LeSean McCoy $27 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Maurice Jones-Drew $22 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Eddie Lacy $16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Very hard to go with only 4 RBs for me, but I believe in these four. Obviously in trouble with any significant injuries, but that is the same for most teams.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]WR(6) - $83[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Brandon Marshall $27 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Demaryius Thomas $24 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Josh Gordon $15 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cordarrelle Patterson $8 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Santana Moss $5 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Brandon Gibson $2 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kenbrell Thompkins $2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I like my 2 studs here along with Gordon. The 2 game suspension did not bother me, though few would be cut in those weeks anyway. Based on the entry numbers, I feel good about Gordon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Patterson will put up a few big games, like that for best ball format. Really like Thompkins for the money, as most do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]TE(3) - $21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jordan Cameron $12 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Tyler Eifert $7 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Julius Thomas $2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]TEs are obviously very valuable in this contest. But I felt this was an area where I could get good production from some lower price guys and use the saved money elsewhere. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cameron looks like money playing in Turners system and I really believe Eifert is special. If I am wrong, my entry is done. Went with my gut here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]K(3) - $10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Randy Bullock $4 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kai Forbath $3 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Steve Hauschka $3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]DST(3) - $10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Baltimore Ravens $4 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Detroit Lions $3 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Carolina Panthers $3[/SIZE]

FBG contest - The Corporation

Player Cost Bye

Tony Romo $15 11

Michael Vick $9 12

Nick Foles $7 12

Steven Jackson $27 6

Matt Forte $26 8

Steven Ridley $21 10

Joique Bell $6 9

Knile Davis $4 10

Legarrett Blount $2 10

Demaryius Thomas $24 9

Pierre Garcon $20 5

Danny Amendola $19 10

Chris Givens $10 11

Julian Edelman $6 10

Kenbrel Thomkins $2 10

Vernon Davis $19 9

Fred Davis $12 5

Julius Thomas $2 9

Steve Hauschka $3 12

Josh Brown $3 9

New Englan Patriots $5 10

Cincinnati Bengals $5 12

Tennessee Titans $3 8

I like Having Vick with Foles, Ridley with Blount, and Amendola with Edelman.

Best I've ever done was a top 30 finish. Other than that I flame out around week 6 or 7. I've tried the 18 roster in the past and flamed out in week 5. Tried the 30 man roster last year, I think I made it to week 8.

Finally settled on this roster this year.

Drew Brees $26

Michael Vick $9

I tried to go with Rodgers, and almost went with a combo of Kap + Alex Smith + Vick, figuring Kap/Vick have the chance for 30 every week and Smith would be my steady guy. But I really like owning Brees this year, he's gonna throw 40+ tds.

Ray Rice $28
C.J. Spiller $26
David Wilson $21
Bernard Pierce $13

I hated the mid range rbs this year. Pierce is the only one I felt ok about spending the cash on. So I went with 3 studs. I really tried to fit D. Richardson somewhere, but ended up picking a few more wrs instead.

Dez Bryant $26
Reggie Wayne $19
Anquan Boldin $13
DeAndre Hopkins $10
Brian Hartline $9
Leonard Hankerson $2
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

I had Megatron for a long time, but ultimately dropped down to Bryant and tweaked my Defenses down and grabbed Hopkins. I feel better with Bryant + Hopkins then Megatron + Sea. I think Bryant/Wayne/Boldin give me enough fire power when paired with my stud rbs to be a contender if I make it past week 11. I think I have too much invested in Bryant though, as if he goes down I'm pretty much done. Just gonna cross my finger in week 11 if I make it that far.

Stupid Hankerson, why can't I quit you?

Vernon Davis $19
Brent Celek $6
Julius Thomas $2

I think this is the position where I'm gonna get shot in the foot the most. Spent more there than I planned on, but Vernon looked like great value at $19. I really wanted Fred Davis, but he was a bit too much.

Randy Bullock $4
Alex Henery $3
Kai Forbath $3
Carolina Panthers $3
Tennessee Titans $3
New Orleans Saints $3

I always end up with 3 k/def. Let's see if I gambled on the right ones.

Colin Kaepernick $18 Matt Schaub $9 Michael Vick $9

Trent Richardson $27 David Wilson $21 Eddie Lacy $16 Daryl Richardson $15

Demaryius Thomas $24 Andre Johnson $21 Miles Austin $14 Denarius Moore $11 Vincent Brown $9 Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jason Witten $23 Jordan Cameron $12

Josh Brown $3 Kai Forbath $3 Steve Hauschka $3

Arizona Cardinals $4 Carolina Panthers $3 Tennessee Titans $3
Yeesh we have $150 of the same dudes on our team :(

-QG

Luck, Romo, Vick

Spiller, Forte, Wilson, Lacy, Richardson

D.Jackson, M.Austin, Hilton, Givens, Tate, Thompkins

Gates, Cameron, Thomas

Vinatieri, Hooshka

BAL, CLE

Went back and forth with variations that had V.Brown, 3rd D and 3rd K but decided to go the route that allowed me to keep both Jackson and Richardson
Wow, you went real heavy on RB, opposite of me. I am pretty sure I will regret it, but you almost have to skimp somewhere. The only thing I don't like about your RBs is that your cheapest was Lacy and barring injuries or a bad bye week, he will never play at RB or Flex. For $16, that is a lot to ride the pine. You probably could have moved up to Gronk/Graham or to 2 stud WRs without him.

I am one of the 130 teams that spent for both Grahman and Gronk. It took money from all other areas to make it happen. Biggest risk is going with one QB, Newton. This is a win or bust type team with too much risk to feel good about. I would have liked another quality RB, but I expect gronk to outscore any of them as a flex. No real concerns with byes, other than the week 4 Newton risk. As a fun freebie it is a perfect chance to through caution out the window. Good luck to all

Cam Newton $24 0.00 bye
Chris Johnson $25 0.00 bye
David Wilson $21 0.00 bye
Eddie Lacy $16 0.00 bye
Bryce Brown $11 0.00 bye
Knile Davis $4 0.00 bye
Bilal Powell $3 0.00 bye
Chris Polk $2 0.00 bye
Andre Johnson $21 0.00 bye
Pierre Garcon $20 0.00 bye
Chris Givens $10 0.00 bye
Golden Tate $10 0.00 bye
Brandon LaFell $7 0.00 bye
Kenbrell Thompkins $2 0.00 bye
Jimmy Graham $31 0.00 bye
Rob Gronkowski $24 0.00 bye
Julius Thomas $2 0.00 bye
Steve Hauschka $3 0.00 bye
Kai Forbath $3 0.00 bye
Cleveland Browns $4 0.00 bye
Baltimore Ravens $4 0.00 bye
Carolina Panthers $3 0.00 bye
TOTAL 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
CUTOFF

Went with a 25-player roster this season (most ever for me):

Tom Brady $19 0.00 bye
Michael Vick $9 0.00 bye
Blaine Gabbert $4 0.00 bye
Jamaal Charles $31 0.00 bye
C.J. Spiller $26 0.00 bye
Shane Vereen $18 0.00 bye
Danny Woodhead $12 0.00 bye
LaRod Stephens-Howling $3 0.00 bye
Lance Dunbar $3 0.00 bye
A.J. Green $25 0.00 bye
Danny Amendola $19 0.00 bye
Jeremy Kerley $5 0.00 bye
Keenan Allen $4 0.00 bye
Terrance Williams $3 0.00 bye
Leonard Hankerson $2 0.00 bye
Zach Miller $6 0.00 bye
Sebastian Janikowski $4 0.00 bye
Kai Forbath $3 0.00 bye
Washington Redskins $3 0.00 bye
San Diego Chargers $3 0.00

I thought Graham was a must this year, and have no idea if any of my cheap sleepers will pan out.

I have 9 of the top 20 owned players :bag:

-QG
Yeah, gonna be tough to win with that. I have 5 of the top 20, but two of them are JThomas and Thompkins, who are owned because they are $2 a piece. Pretty sure they might be the best values in the whole thing, so no surprise they are on the list.

I know the value can be there, but I just felt lost when scouring through the middle priced WRs. Every one of them seemed -fairly- priced, which is just not what I'm going for in this contest.

18 players, first time with such a small roster.

QB

RG3

Russel Wilson

Figured RG3 wouldn't be owned by many, giving me some separation from the pack if he pulls an AP-esque comeback this year. Also like the early bye, figure he'll be back to full speed by week 6. Wilson adds stability if RG starts out shaky.

RB

TRich

McCoy

Lacy

Daryl Richardson

C. Michael

I'm a little dissapointed at my rb's after seeing Lesean, Lacy and TRich on practically every roster on this thread. Not that I expected much different I guess, but I kinda wish I took Spiller over McCoy. Minor regret.

WR

Julio

A.J. Green

Dez

Markus Wheaton

K.. Thompkins

I really wanted to be top heavy here. I really loved the guys in the $8-$16 range, but I wanted the strength of the team to be here so I went for broke, minus Calvin of course.

TE

Gronk

J. Thomas

I hope everyone is scared away from Gronk this year. Orange Julius should hopefully keep me afloat till Gronk gets to full strength.

K

Randy Bullock

Alex Henery

DEF

Ravens

Panthers

I think Carolina's sexy new Dline along with Keuchly will generate some big plays. It doesn't matter how many points they give up, it's all about the big plays in this contest. Ravens are underrated IMO.

I know the value can be there, but I just felt lost when scouring through the middle priced WRs. Every one of them seemed -fairly- priced, which is just not what I'm going for in this contest.
Yeah, I haven't ever won this thing, but I tried to ignore guys who were value but aren't going to have a huge weeks unless they were like Thompkins/JThomas where they were so cheap it was worth it. I know Forte/Wilson/Bernard is going to blow up on me, but I feel like all the main guys I got have huge week potential and I think that is what you need to overcome bye weeks and bad games.Well that and of course a lot of luck.

Thanks Iggy, I like it.
I wonder how much the rule change was overlooked this year (only 2 WR starters and an extra flex). I almost missed it. My hope was that there would be roughly equal chance my flexes would come from RB and WR. With 2 TE studs I'm banking on Graham and Gronk being regular contributors. I'm happy with my low $ WRs and RBs. Went back and forth between Celek and Ausberry + $2. Also tried out multiple QBs before settling on Kaepernick to go with Vick.

Colin Kaepernick $18 0.00 bye

Michael Vick $9 0.00 bye

C.J. Spiller $26 0.00 bye

David Wilson $21 0.00 bye

Eddie Lacy $16 0.00 bye

Joique Bell $6 0.00 bye

Bilal Powell $3 0.00 bye

Andre Johnson $21 0.00 bye

Justin Blackmon $11 0.00 bye

Andre Roberts $6 0.00 bye

Donnie Avery $4 0.00 bye

Nate Washington $4 0.00 bye

Dexter McCluster $3 0.00 bye

Rob Gronkowski $24 0.00 bye

Brent Celek $6 0.00 bye

Adam Vinatieri $3 0.00 bye

Kai Forbath $3 0.00 bye

Washington Redskins $3 0.00 bye

San Diego Chargers $3 0.00 bye

Buffalo Bills $3 0.00 bye

The winning numbers are:

QB - Peyton Manning - DEN/9 - $23
QB - Matt Schaub - HOU/8 - $9

RB - Alfred Morris - WAS/5 - $27
RB - C.J. Spiller - BUF/12 - $26
RB - David Wilson - NYG/9 - $21
RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16
RB - Roy Helu - WAS/5 - $6

WR - Justin Blackmon - JAX/9 - $11
WR - Chris Givens - STL/11 - $10
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey - IND/8 - $7
WR - Andre Roberts - ARI/9 - $6
WR - Mohamed Sanu - CIN/12 - $6
WR - Jeremy Kerley - NYJ/10 - $5
WR - Donnie Avery - KC/10 - $4
WR - Davone Bess - CLE/10 - $4
WR - Nate Washington - TEN/8 - $4
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2

TE - Jimmy Graham - NO/7 - $31
TE - Jared Cook - STL/11 - $15
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2

PK - Steve Hauschka - SEA/12 - $3
PK - Robbie Gould - CHI/8 - $3

TD - St. Louis Rams - STL/11 - $5
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/10 - $4

Total value: 250

Cam Newton $24
Michael Vick $9
Darren Sproles $25
Reggie Bush $23
Daryl Richardson $15
Roy Helu $6
Joique Bell $6
Andre Johnson $21
Danny Amendola $19
DeSean Jackson $16
Chris Givens $10
Golden Tate $10
Donnie Avery $4
Kenbrell Thompkins $2
Rob Gronkowski $24
Jordan Cameron $12
Ben Watson $3
Julius Thomas $2
Randy Bullock $4
Kai Forbath $3
Josh Brown $3
Washington Redskins $3
Buffalo Bills $3
New Orleans Saints $3

Brady $19

Romo $15

Schaub $9

So much value. I might not win anything but if ill wager highest average scoring per dollar spent at the qb position at seasons end...

jah77 said:
I only have 3 of the top 20 owned. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Not good that you're missing Thompkins and Thomas while spending $2 on each of Avant and Hankerson.

The top 20 owned usually suggests great value in those players.

I hope to bump this post about 16 weeks from now.

Player Salary Bye
Trent Richardson $27 10
Marshawn Lynch $25 12
Maurice Jones-Drew $22 9
----------------------------------
Dez Bryant $26 11
Andre Johnson $21 8
Hakeem Nicks $20 9
Pierre Garcon $20 5
Kenbrell Thompkins $2 10
----------------------------------
Rob Gronkowski $24 10
Tyler Eifert $7 12
---------------------------------
Steve Hauschka $3 12
Kai Forbath $3 5
Josh Brown $3 9
---------------------------------
Seattle Seahawks $6 12
Arizona Cardinals $4 9
Carolina Panthers $3 4

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/8 - $16
QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9

RB - Jamaal Charles - KC/10 - $31
RB - Alfred Morris - WAS/5 - $27
RB - C.J. Spiller - BUF/12 - $26
RB - David Wilson - NYG/9 - $21

WR - Dez Bryant - DAL/11 - $26
WR - A.J. Green - CIN/12 - $25
WR - Chris Givens - STL/11 - $10
WR - Golden Tate - SEA/12 - $10
WR - Rueben Randle - NYG/9 - $8
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2

TE - Jason Witten - DAL/11 - $23
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2

PK - Steve Hauschka - SEA/12 - $3
PK - Mason Crosby - GB/4 - $3

TD - St. Louis Rams - STL/11 - $5
TD - Buffalo Bills - BUF/12 - $3

looks like I grabbed a lot of popular guys. Went with a small roster after seeing how far I got last year with so many crappy guys not contributing at all.

First off, I love this contest and think its success is largely due to the amazing work David does in assigning values to the players. Thank you, David. And so diabolical to assign those low values to the later bye players ... downright dastardly, and a definite tease ...

My team is driven by this analysis of my past results: I last longer and have a more competitive team by selecting a team which has top players for most if not all of the lineup positions. While I always try to have more players, and bemoan my lack of depth that injury would expose, I finally convince myself in the waning hours leading up to the deadline that losing key players ultimately dooms your team in the contest regardless of how many players you have selected. You need fire power in the finals, not just fallback positions. With that preamble out of the way...

I tried to pay attention to bye weeks this year. Making sure I don't have too many players out on any given week, and avoiding the later bye weeks whenever possible.

QBs - $43

18 Kaepernick / 9

16 Luck / 8

09 Vick / 12

With the switch from 6-pt to 4-pt passing touchdowns this year, I wanted QBs who would have running yards and an excellent possibility of multiple running touchdowns. I'm also in the carry three QBs camp, not for injury, but for stability. I felt that was all the more important this year if I was selecting Vick, who I felt had way too much value at $9 to pass on. Several variations had Schaub, as a stable base on which to build, but eventually opted for spending more points here to insure a higher ceiling on a week-to-week basis.

RBs - $79

28 Rice / 8

27 Richardson / 10

21 Wilson / 9

03 Dunbar / 12

I ended up with three studs, so I would always have two for any given week ... and three to pick 2 or pick 2 + flex down the home stretch. I like Rice as a consistent producer on a week-to-week basis. With Boldin and Pita gone this year, I think the swing pass will have an even bigger part of the Baltimore offense this year. I'm also buying into the Cleveland offensive line, and the willingness of that coaching staff to use it to the fullest. Also, both of these players are integral parts of their team's passing game, historically garnering a significant number of target. I felt David Wilson was the value pick, given the number and quality of RBs left standing for big blue. Dunbar was the $3 left over, and see which RB1 was the most likely to miss time pick.

WRs - $66

27 Julio / 6

23 VJax / 5

14 Hilton / 8

02 Tompkins / 10

Once again trying to get 2 or more weekly contributors, either because they are their teams #1 or are deemed to have value due to their increased roll in the offense. This is the position where I jockeyed back and forth with oh so many possibile lineups. As others have already stated,, there was a lot of value in the mid-tier range. I finally opted for adding dollars to upgrading my RBs and TEs instead of volume pricing at WR.

I like Julio the best of this year's stud WRs. I think Roddy's role will decline, SJax will force defenses to respect the run more (and not being able to tell just by the lineup when they are in a passing or running play), Gonzo has enough gas left in the tank and tremendous motivation to put it all on the line for one more shot at a championship, the team is hungry in general and doesn't have so good a defense that they can avoid the need to put lots of points on the board.

I loved VJax's role in their system and loved his bye week. I wanted another piece of the Colts' passing game (as I feel they will need to be firing a lot this year), and fluctuated between T.Y., DHB, and Reggie. I think DHB was great value at $7, Hilton as well in the mid-tier, and Reggie will continue to see a ton of targets. It came down to which dollar range fit the rest of my team, and my sense that Reggie's reduced numbers towards the end of last year is both was reflection of T.Y.s team-recognized value and the general wearing down of a veteran. As I want free legs down the stretch, I went with the younger guy. Tompkins at #2; nuff said!

TEs - $43

23 Witten / 11

18 Finley / 4

02 JuliusThomas / 9

With the enhances PPR of the TE position, I wanted a target machine. Predicatively, I don't think you can do better in that category than Witten. Despite there only being two teams on bye that week, I felt I could stand one high-dollar player on bye week 11 within the Flex positions. For mid-tier players I wanted Finley or VDavis. Finley worked out better from a bye standpoint. And I, like thousands of others, felt a growing love for Julius Thomas role in the Denver passing attack as the preseason wore on. Beside, it was the cheapest way to get a piece of what will be a prolific offense.

Ks - $9

3 Hauschka / 12

3 Forbath / 5

3 JoshBrown / 9

The same combination as several previous posters. I tried to conserve money on kickers unless I have some left over I don't know what else to do with. And I'm firmly convinced in rolling out 3 of them in this contest. Kickers are so individually game unpredictable, you need sheer numbers to get a more consistent contribution from this part of your roster.

DEFs - $10

4 Baltimore / 8

3 Detroit / 9

3 Carolina / 4

Here is where I would have spent if I could have dragged it out of other positions. Tried to select those that looked good to be in preseason or from the descriptions of the experts.

I tried to have one definite stud at each position followed up by tremendous upside depth. I went with three teams instead of three kickers because I feel defensive TDs are more of a crap shoot and the payoffs are huge.

Colin Kaepernick
EJ Manuel

C.J. Spiller
DeMarco Murray
David Wilson
Ryan Mathews
Eddie Lacy
Ronnie Brown

Dez Bryant
Josh Gordon
Michael Floyd
Justin Blackmon
Leonard Hankerson
Brandon Gibson
Kenbrell Thompkins

Rob Gronkowski
Heath Miller
Julius Thomas

Steve Hauschka
Kai Forbath

New England Patriots
Carolina Panthers
Washington Redskins

4 QBs @ $46

6 RBs @ $73

8 WRs @ $73

3 TEs @ $39

3 PKs @ $ 9

3 Ds @ $10

-----------

27 players, $250

The more players I can squeeze onto a roster for best ball, the better IMO. But more players often means avoiding the studs. I'm hoping those extra few players put up stats 1+ standard deviation above their norm here and there, especially on those weeks my better players have a game 1+ standard deviation below their norm.

QB: Expecting Luck and Wilson to do the heavy lifting, with Locker or Ponder hopefully throwing out a gem on weeks both Luck and Wilson stink.

RB: MJD and Ridley will see the endzone quite a bit. The rest are purely best ball fillers, but I do think Michael has a chance to shine later in the season.

WR: Wideouts seem to have significant weekly statistical variance in yardage and TDs, so I think quantity over quality is key at this position. But I do like the guys who consistently rack up PPRs, so Amendola and Welker (who will reprise the Dallas Clark slot role for Manning) were favorites.

TE: At 1.5PPR, Witten seemed like the surest stud for his price. I think Fleener gets things going this year with Luck. Celek is a best ball filler, but I'm curious what upside he would have in Chip's offense.

K: Like WRs, too much statistical variance and with three, one of the cheapest ones should be able to put up a top score each week.

D: Wanted three $3 defenses, but stopped at SD and NO as they had the upside IMO for that value while the others didn't. Giants seemed like the best of the $4 defenses.

Bye weeks: Week 10 thins out my WRs. Week 8 gets me down to 2 QBs. Otherwise, the other positions seem well managed. Collectively, weeks 9 and 10 look like the danger zone as each week I'll have a top 2 RB and top 2 WR out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Andrew Luck $16 0.00 bye
Russell Wilson $15 0.00 bye
Jake Locker $8 0.00 bye
Christian Ponder $7 0.00 bye
Maurice Jones-Drew $22 0.00 bye
Stevan Ridley $21 0.00 bye
Jacquizz Rodgers $10 0.00 bye
Isaiah Pead $10 0.00 bye
Isaac Redman $5 0.00 bye
Christine Michael $5 0.00 bye
Wes Welker $19 0.00 bye
Brian Hartline $9 0.00 bye
Rod Streater $6 0.00 bye
Jacoby Jones $5 0.00 bye
Dexter McCluster $3 0.00 bye
Jason Witten $23 0.00 bye
Coby Fleener $10 0.00 bye
Brent Celek $6 0.00 bye
Mason Crosby $3 0.00 bye
Jay Feely $3 0.00 bye
New York Giants $4 0.00 bye
New Orleans Saints $3 0.00 bye
San Diego Chargers $3 0.00 bye

Where is the link to this database?
:goodposting:
Iggy and I run separate DB's... He does all the cool stats stuff and manages it from his computer and I host a site that lets you see semi-live scoring for your teams.. If you're looking for mine, it's in my sig..

http://ffltools.com/fbg35k
Do you screenscrape or is there a download link that is in csv or something?
In the past I've used phpffl.com (who screenscrapes), the last 2 years or so, I was using my own screenscraping scripts. I'm doing something different this year with a JSON array.

Carson Palmer $12 0.00 bye

Alex Smith $10 0.00 bye

Michael Vick $9 0.00 bye

Matt Schaub $9 0.00 bye

Blaine Gabbert $4 0.00 bye

Chad Henne $4 0.00 bye

LeSean McCoy $27 0.00 bye

Eddie Lacy $16 0.00 bye

Ben Tate $14 0.00 bye

Bryce Brown $11 0.00 bye

Joique Bell $6 0.00 bye

Bilal Powell $3 0.00 bye

LeGarrette Blount $2 0.00 bye

Josh Gordon $15 0.00 bye

Emmanuel Sanders $12 0.00 bye

Justin Blackmon $11 0.00 bye

Donnie Avery $4 0.00 bye

Jordan Cameron $12 0.00 bye

Coby Fleener $10 0.00 bye

Brent Celek $6 0.00 bye

Jay Feely $3 0.00 bye

Ryan Succop $3 0.00 bye

Seattle Seahawks $6 0.00 bye

Chicago Bears $5 0.00

Cincinnati Bengals $5 0.00

One round from the top 250 last time, making another run this year

Luck

Vick

Bradford

Luck and Vick aren't going to separate me from the pack much. Seems to be a very popular duo, from reading here.

David wilson

Ryan Mathews

Eddie Lacy

Giovani Bernard

Christine MIchael

Best group of rb's I've ever paid for in this thing. I usually get 8-10 "B" backs and roll with it. This year, I drafted the value. Michael is the "flyer" of the group, the rest should have very good years.

Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Danny Amendola
Malcom Floyd
Markus Wheaton
Donnie Avery
Jason Avant
Kenbrell Thompkins

Bryant, Wayne and Amendola could be a great trio. Those three, added to my rb's, should give me a very solid roster in the finals. The other five are guys who I feel will be very solid players. Not great contributors in the final 250, but could really help get me there. Avant is the wildcard, as I think he's a bigtime PPR sleeper, and I'm convinced he'll save my bacon at least once.

Jared Cook
Fred Davis
Jeff Cumberland
Anthony Fasano
Julius Thomas

Not grabbing a stud hurt, but I think I'm good here. Cook is going to be Bradford's go-to guy. He'll score huge in this contest. Thomas was a no-brainer, and I expect big things from Fred Davis. Cumberland and Fasano were no-brainers at their price in a 1.5ppr TE league. Who else are the Jets going to throw to? I see a lot of 5 reception, 40 yard games for Cumberland.

3 def, 3 kickers

Overall, I really like my team, but I've loaded up on potential, with rookies, Vick, Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Amendola...

My Team and thoughts

QB

Kaepernick $18/ bye 9

Wilson 15/12

I think it's really important to get a QB who can use his feet to score you some points. I grabbed 2 of them. TD passes are devalued a bit at 4 point per, so I think what these 2 (and a few others) add on the ground can easily put them up in the upper echelon of QB's.

RB

Spiller 26/12

Forte 26/8

David Wilson 21/9

Giovani Bernard 16/8

Joique Bell 6/9

Had ADP in here up until the last minute and then switched him out for Wilson and Bernard. I think Wilson and Bernard can give me what I'd get from ADP plus a bit more consistency week to week. At a PPR, I wanted to grab 2 guys in Spiller and Forte who should be heavily involved in the passing game. My top 4 guys here I think are all players who can take it to the house on any given play. Reggie Bush returns to artificial grass (which I think he blamed for his injury plagued career) so Bell could step in and provide a nice boost,especially since he's involved in the passing game.

WR

Dez Bryant $26/11

A.J. Green $25/12

Pierre Garcon $20/5

Brandon Gibson $2/6

Kenbrell Thompkins $2/10

Went with 3 guys who I think could put up 100+ and multi TD's in any given week. Considered some of the mid-priced guys but I think in a contest like this, you want boom/bust players (talking on a week to week basis) to make the cut toward the later weeks and you need though high score at the end. With the double flex this year I think you can gamble more at WR than you could in the past and put more eggs into the "stud" basket. I think Gibson is solid value at $2 as I expect Miami to open up it's offense a bit. Thompkins I think is a must have, even if only for defensive reasons. If he's a bust, it's only $2, but if he hits, you could be far behind the 8 ball if you don't have him.

TE

Jared Cook $15/11

Antonio Gates $12/8

Julius Thomas $2/9

I think Cook should do better in a new system that may actually use him. Gates is always a RZ threat and I think he make an excellent boom/bust backup. Thomas is another defensive selection.

3 Kickers = $9

Nothing to add except 3 different byes and have Forbath who I'll go on the record and predict he finished PK1.

3 Def = $9

Again nothing much to add.

Users who are viewing this thread