What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday Morning Questions for Bloom - Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Can't figure out to do about Julius Thomas. I'm in the semis in a 12-team, 0.5 PPR league.

My other starters are: Luck, A. Brown, Beckham, Jeffrey, Joique, S Jackson, SEA D, Hauschka.

Do I stick with Julius or go with Fleener instead? There also may be some waiver options.

Mason, Herron, FJax, Ingram, Lacy

Please rank this week. Non PPR, but bonus points for distance tds.

thank you as always!

In my flex spot, PPR with bonus points for long touchdowns:

Should I sit Rashad Jennings/Joique Bell in favor of Donte Moncrief? Wouldn't normally consider it but my opponent has Andrew Luck and we've played two very close games this year. I like the matchup against Houston. The rest of my lineup is Brees, Lacy, CJ Anderson, Alshon, Mike Evans, and Jimmy Graham, fwiw. Martavis Bryant would also be an option but I don't think I would play him over those running backs. Moncrief is only getting consideration because I'm playing against Luck.

Is it worth trading the more certain points of Jennings or Bell to try to stifle Luck's points a little with Moncrief? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Start 3 of 5 (ETA: non-PPR):

Jordy Nelson
A.J. Green
Emmanuel Sanders
Josh Gordon
Mike Evans

I'm favored in my matchup so looking more for a solid floor and less variance than a high ceiling.

I'm in the semi's. 10 team - 0.5 PPR.

* Need 2 RB's out of Jonathan Stewart, Mark Ingram, Knile Davis, Isaiah Crowell

* If Julio Jones plays he'll be my flex (AJ Green and M.Evans my receivers). If he doesn't, do I go with DeAndre Hopkins, Jordan Matthews, Travis Kelce, or one of the above RB's?

Choose two (1/4 PPR):

Charles Johnson (@DET)

Marquess Wilson (NO)

Doug Baldwin (SF)

Allen Hurns (@BAL)

Thanks and good luck in the semis!

Strategery question: Am in the top 10 in a high stakes tournament. I have both St. L & Balt def. St. L may be the better play but many of the other teams are also starting St L. Start Balt just to be different?

Hey Sig, got two for you. Best of luck to you in your leagues this week.

Need 1 WR and 1 Flex (PPR:

Lacy @BUF (have Rodgers at QB)

Keenan Allen vs. DEN

Mike Evans@CAR

Need 1 TE (PPR):

D.Allen v. HOU

J.Cameron v. CIN?

thanks!

Hi Sig,

I survived week 14 despite both Drew Brees and Demaryius Thomas having disasterous games this week (thank you CJ Anderson), so I'm moving on to the semi's.

With the Thursday game on tap, my immediate decision is between these running backs:

Tre Mason
Isaiah Crowell
Jeremy Hill
Andre Williams

Love Mason's workload which should give him a high floor, the matchup not so much. Also low scoring Thursday night games have burned me in the past, so perhaps I'm being overly skittish.

Love Crow's matchup and nose for the end zone, but always concerned about the West share of the load and of course Johnny Football is an x-factor.

I like Jeremy Hill as a talent and his matchup as well, but wasn't really considering him because of the Gio split, but now there's news that Hue Jackson wants to primarily use one runner (which really should be Hill).

My game projects to be a close one. I tend to overthink things so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks as always.

10 man PPR

I need 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 Flex from this group

Tre Mason

Latavius Murray

Martavis Bryant

Marqise Lee

Donte Moncrief

Kenny Stills

Also, I plan on playing Julio Jones as my WR1, but also have Harry Douglas. Maybe let me know if anything changes should Julio not play.

in semis this week and facing a tough opponent (no PPR)

i am having a tough time deciding on Flex & TE, but here is what i have to choose from for 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex & 1TE spots:

RB Forte

RB Ingram

WR Jordy

WR Julio

Flex Crowell, Hill, Gordon

TE Cameron, Witten

no decisions to make on Forte, Jordy or Julio* ... Ingram probably is my RB2 ... Flex is muddled, but with good options ... TE has decent (and inconsistent) options

Help! Thanks!

* assuming Julio will play, otherwise Gordon obviously slides in at WR

PPR in the semifinals:

Need to pick a QB: Sanchez, Cutler, Manziel
Need to start 1 WR and 2 flexes: Roddy White, Crowell, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace
Need 1 D/ST: GB, Tenn, Jets, Denver

For context:
My team:
QB: ???
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Fjax
WR: Sanders
WR: Beckham
WR: ???
Flex: ???
Flex: ???
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Parkey
D/ST: ???

Opponent's team:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Charles
RB: Joique
WR: Nelson
WR: Maclin
WR: Steve Smith
Flex: Latavius
Flex: Kendall Wright/Scott Chandler/Rudolph/Baldwin/Sproles
TE: Fleener
K: Matt Bryant
D/ST: NYG

I have no clarity at WR/flex/defense but was leaning towards Sanchez at QB. I noticed in your rankings though that Sanchez is rated the lowest of the three I have.

What do you think? Thanks!

Sig,

PPR scoring. My opponent is tough, so I think I’ve got to swing for the fences this week. Would you do anything differently here?

QB – Aaron Rodgers

WR - A.J. Green

WR – Kenny Stills

RB – Alfred Morris

RB – Marcel Reece

TE – Rob Gronkowski

W/R/T – Donte Moncrief

Bench: WR Golden Tate, RB Shane Vereen, RB Ryan Mathews, RB Carlos Hyde, WR Marquess Wilson, RB Juwan Thompson

Thanks again!

Standard Scoring

Choose 1 rb 1 flex

Josh Gordon

Tre Mason

Crowell

Dan Herron

Defense

Bal vs jax

Stl vs ari

Thank you!

Thanks Sig.

Good luck in your semis.

My choices in my 10-team standard, opponent has strong team led by LeVeon and Jamaal at RB:

Brady or Wilson at QB? Was leaning Brady but a little concerned that the Pats will go after what appears to be Miami's biggest weakness lately, which seems to be the run game.

For WR: Benjamin over Stills? Any concerns re Anderson at QB?

For Flex: J Hill (like him now that it seems he will be more than 50/50), Mason, Stills (or Benjamin per above), Herron, or Moncrief?

Thanks.

Bloom,

I have two questions:

1) Herron or Fjax? (non-PPR) My opponent has Luck and I'm wondering if I should start Herron in the hope that he catches a TD pass.

2) NE D or Clev?

Got Tre Mason, L. Murray, and Kenny Stills in a PPR league this week. Need to choose one RB and one flex to be filled. 6 points per rushing/receiving TD and 10 yards per point rushing and receiving. I also have Ryan Matthews and Lamar Miller, who don't really excite me much this week.

I'm leaning Mason and Stills

Thanks in advance Sig.

Bloom!

Pick 3 (0.5pt PPR): Joique Bell, Tre Mason, Keenan Allen, Isiah Crowell, Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard, Lamar Miller

Pick 2 (standard): Mike Wallace, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncrief

Pick 1 (6pt TDs): Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Johnny Football

As always, thanks so much for doing this. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks Bloom! Standard league.

QB: They say to stay with the players who got you here. And I've always had Tom Brady slotted in as my QB. But I also have Big Ben. Brady is awesome at home. Big Ben struggles on the road at times. I'm struggling with this one and you do have Big Ben higher than Brady. Who should I start???

WR3: I currently have Charles Johnson slotted in. You do have Moncrief ranked pretty high. But with Wayne practicing and on track to play I'm a little pessimistic on Moncrief's outlook. I'd like to think that they will let Wayne start and then Moncrief will take over from there. But I can't bank on that. Do you still rank Moncrief over Charles Johnson based on the news that Wayne is practicing?

Can you elaborate on why you are so down on the OAK running game in your projections this week at KC?

Specifically, you've got Latavius Murray this week ranked 27th non-PPR at KC (16/60).

KC is 31st against the run giving up on average 26/127 (4.9ypc). The total of all your OAK RB's (including Reece and DMC) is only 21/74 (3.5ypc).

I don't get it. Thanks.

Hi Sig! Julio's injury has me in a quandary. I'll have to start two of these choices if he doesn't go and at least one of these to go with Megatron, ODB and CJ Anderson. Standard scoring and 100 yards receiving or rushing gets 5 bonus points.

Gordon

Mason

Hill

Ingram

Latavious

Who's first and who's second if Julio is out? Mason tonight makes this an urgent call.

Thanks!

Hey Sig...If Julio is active would you still play him over Stills? If Julio isn't active would you play Ryan or Sanchez? I feel my matchup is pretty even with my opponent. Projections

show me as favorite (30 pts) but thats with 24 points projected with Jones.

Non-PPR, and I've got LeVeon Bell. Need to start one of the following as my RB2:

Blount (MIA)

L. Murray (@KC)

Herron (HOU)

F. Jackson (GB)

I like my chances of winning this week, so I'm probably looking for the guy with the highest floor (least likely to be a dud), not necessarily the guy with the most upside to have a big week, if that makes sense. In other words, I'm looking for the safest best to get me 7-10 pts (1 pt/10 yards, decimal scoring), with a decent chance at a TD. If it was strictly a TD league, I'd lean towards Blount. But, I think FJax and Murray could both have nice games, yardage-wise. Herron is probably my last choice, but it's really close between all four.

Thoughts?

Thanks for doing this Sig

I have Sanchez as my starter should i play him or (M Ryan)

should i pick up WW QB

WW

J Culter vs NO

R Fitzpatrick @ IND

J manziel vs CIN

Pick Two

E lacy @ BUF

T Mason vs ARI

J Stewart vs TB

Pick one to go with OBJ and E Sanders

J Matthews vs Dal

D Hopkins @ Ind

K Allen vs DEN

J Edelman vs Mia

Another RB quandry, only this one is PPR. And, I can potentially start 3, (including a flex)....

CJ Anderson (@SD)

Jennings (WAS)

F Jackson (GB)

J. Bell (MIN)

Matthews (DEN)

I can make a pretty decent argument for (or against) any of the above. Anderson has been money lately, but he's questionable. Jennings has a nice matchup, potentially, but Williams might eat into those touches. Jackson might get a lot of targets, particularly if GB pulls ahead in the game. Bell should get some red zone opportunities against MIN. And, Matthews is hurt (as usual), but could potentially see a fair amount of targets/touches if he plays.

Leaning towards Anderson (assuming he plays), Jackson, and either Bell or Jennings.

Have Houston as my DEF vs IND Hou been good this year to me

Playoff this week need every every point i can get

Should i play hou or this is what on WW

Buf vs GB

Min @ DET

CLE vs CIN

GB @ BUF

NYG vs WAS

NYJ @ TEN

One more... I can start three (including a flex) of the following WR's in a PPR league:

Beckham (WAS)

Edelman (MIA)

Decker (@TEN)

Stills (@CHI)

M Bryant (@ATL)

Garcon (@NYG)

Beckham is a no-brainer. Edelman is averaging 11 targets and just shy of 20 PPG over his last 5 games, and had a nice game against MIA in Week 1, so I'm thinking he's a must-start as well, as long as he plays (he's the only one of the six that is currently on an injury report).

That leaves one more spot. I simply don't trust Garcon. Decker might be the safest, but Bryant and Stills could potentially have more upside. I have them ranked:

Stills

Bryant

Decker

Any one stick out to you as the best choice of the three?

One more (PPR) league, where I can start 3 of the following:

D Thomas (@SD)

Charles Johnson @DET)

M Bryant (@ATL)

R Wayne (HOU)

M Crabtree (@SEA)

A Johnson (@IND)

Top three? If so, would you consider starting Fleener over any of the three (as a flex)?

If we are trending towards GTD and potential decoy status for Julio, do you bench him for a Marquess Wilson or Pierre Garcon?

Sigmund,

standard scoring league

I have a RB2 question

Jamal Charles is my RB2 do I wait to see if he plays Sunday(just picked up Knile Davis off waivers) or play Tre Mason tonight. thanks

Sig,

Have a mess at wr not knowing what the status is of Julio Jones.

Please pick one out of the following and two if Julio were to sit.

TIA

De Andre Hopkins

Martavis Bryant

Harry Douglas

Charles Johnson

Jarvis Landry

I know you don't really deal with defense, but here goes.

STL vs AZ

or

DET vs MN

Two great options but I need the most upside.

Hello Mr. Bloom!

Help me reach the finals!!

1 ppr, 6 pts all tds, -3 ints, -3
Start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k, def

Qb
Ryan vs Pit
sanchez vs dal

Got Ryan in right now. even if Julio is out I think ryan can shred Pitts Def. Sanchez will probably put up numbers too but hard to trust.

Rb
lynch vs SF
Murray @ phi

Bench: herron, blue, Randle
strength of my team. No doubt starters here

Wr
maclin vs dal
Djax @ nyg
Stedman bailey vs arz
moncrief vs IND

Charles Johnson @ det

Maclin must start. Djax looks like he will play and it looks like colt McCoy will as well which is good news for him right? Charles Johnson is heating up and I like his chances even on the road vs a good def. I like moncrief this week but seems risky. Bailey seems hit or miss. leaning maclin, djax, Johnson here. if djax sits put in moncrief. agree?

Te
fleener vs hou

I know allen is back, but I think fleener remains a good play. Allen is actually on my ww and I have thought about dropping fleener for him.

K
tucker vs Jax

Def
NE vs mia

Thoughts?

.5 ppr league...Flex option to fill in the below team...

Brees

Lacy

Arian

ODB

Antonio

Ingram or Evans

Olsen

Parkey

KC

0.5 PPR, pick 2:

Jennings vs. Washington (injury, matchup concerns)

Mason vs. Arizona (matchup concerns, bad offense)

Crowell vs. Cincinnati (splitting carries)

Have upside at other positions, looking for high floor.

Hello Sig. Let the playoff train continue this week. Should I start stills or herron in my flex position? PPR.

If Lacy is still not 100% but plays would you start Jackson over him?

1ppr, start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex.

At RB I'm starting Forte but then I have Blount, Ingram or Hill. Who gets RB2?

At flex I can go with LaFell or another one of the remaining RB's from above.

What do you think?

Thanks for doing this every week Bloom.

Non-ppr, need 1 RB and 1 Flex

T. Mason

F. Jackson

L. Miller

J. Gordon

K. Benjamin

and

Houston DST or Arizona DST

Thanks again,

James