What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl 49 discussion thread: Seahawks vs Patriots (Poll added) (1 Viewer)

Who do you think will win?

• Seahawks

Votes: 118 41.5%
  • Patriots

Votes: 166 58.5%

• Total voters
Pete Carroll took responsibility but I still think that was Bevell's call. But Carroll said they were worried about running out the clock and were just waiting for the 3rd and 4th down calls where they would run. They makes no sense.
It doesn't make sense beyond Carroll being a stand-up guy.

I remember Brady dropping back, throwing it deep for the end zone and the ball bouncing a couple feet away from the out stretched arms of Gronk, the ball falling incomplete and asking myself why, why can't we seem to get a break. This was after the loss to the Giants, the Welker drop and everything that went along with it along with the Tyree catch.

I am emotionally spent, I thought for sure we were done when the Seahawks were on the one with the clock ticking down. WTF they would throw the ball is beyond me but i can tell you as a sports fan of 49 years I have never been thru anything like this. I told my son who is 14 NEVER complain about your team losing a game ever again as long as you live. I'm completely speechless.

Todem said:
jurb26 said:
jeaton6 said:
Didn't want to run against their goal line group? Wtf.
GL D vs. 3 WR set. Advantage should be on your side throwing.
Jurb...let it go. They had 1 timeout and 3 shots with the best goaline back in he biz.

They blew it.
Exactly...Lynch just got 4 on the last carry.....let him get the last yard.

That Kearse drop that killed a previous drive though really turned it all around.

bostonfred said:
monk said:
IHEARTFF said:
FUBAR said:
Todem said:
Old Smiley said:
Seriously. Best Superbowl ever?
Hell no.
One of the best for sure.What else could you want?

HOF QB, one of the best ever.

Rising QB

Great defense

guy from nowhere tearing it up

a couple huge WTF moments
yeah that was a great game
Was actually the worst ending I have ever seen
:lmao:
Not a Seahawks fan but just a terrible way for a great game to end ... basically with no winner.

Pats were flat out dead if 99.999% of the people that have ever watched a football game call that play.

But instead it end on the worst call in SB history.

Ninersfan said:
Wingnut said:
5Rings said:
Wingnut said:
Congrats, Patriot fans!
I love it. Hawks are such punks.U mad bro? :lol:
Lol. Seattle still in the one ring club.
1 is kinda like 5 isn't it? Look Seattle, you used up all you luck vs GB and that last catch at the goal line. Pay Russell see what left of that defense and we will see you next year.
49ers fans galore! None of you mental midgets posted anything until the Seahawks lost, a game they should have won.

I might have to change my mind, 49ers fan base maybe the worst out there.

Only natural for the game to end this way after the way the Cowboys beat the Lions, and after how the Packers beat the Cowboys, and after how the Seahawks beat the Packers.

TheAristocrat said:
snogger said:
TheAristocrat said:
Name a better Super Bowl old guys. I don't know much about the 70's and early 80's SB games.
top 5 for sure.. Giants winning with a Fg as time runs out.. Rams stopping Titans at the 1.. Ne has had a couple very close wins, and the lost vs. Giants to go 18-1 are just some. :shrug:
That's fair. I'm severely biased on Maker's right now. :)
I watched most of those but right now I'd take this one. The patriots almost losing it with another freak catch after coming back by 10 points, plus the fact that you did have two great teams at the top of their game makes it pretty special to me. Rams/Titans, I mean the Titans weren't in the same class as a football team. Just a great game. Tom Brady went from losing his last 3 super bowls to a 4 time winner and back and forth 3 times in the last 2 minutes. Pretty crazy.

Props to carroll for owning that call.

Personally i think it was a great call - use up all the clock them take your shot. if it's incomplete, you still have all your time left and a timeout for lynch to run. If you run it you only get three more plays and youre forced to go for three passes in a row because the clock is ticking. But if you pass on first you give yourself an extra shot.

I also think that was belichicks motive for letting the clock run. He wanted to bait them into the pass and it worked.

Just an incredible chess match to watch.

90% of that game was terrible. Itbjust wasn't all that interesting of a game. Last 5 minutes were awesome.

Commercials were blah too.

Odd with timeouts not used..not running with Lynch at the end and a great defensive play being made.

captain_amazing said:
WE WON BAE!!!
No ... this is a true case of a team losing the game.

No team actually won the game today but the pats get the trophy by default because Seattle lost it

Personally i think it was a great call - use up all the clock them take your shot. if it's incomplete, you still have all your time left and a timeout for lynch to run. If you run it you only get three more plays and youre forced to go for three passes in a row because the clock is ticking. But if you pass on first you give yourself an extra shot.

I also think that was belichicks motive for letting the clock run. He wanted to bait them into the pass and it worked.

It was 2nd down and they had 1 TO, so not following you there.

well i hate to say it seatlle brohans but now you know how last game felt for the packers ugh it is horrible have a beer or three and try to sleep you will not want to watch any sports for about ten days but hey it is just a game be good to other people drive nice tomorrow and give you kids a hug take that to the bank brohans

You have to wonder if Lynch being selfish in not talking to the media had an unconscious effect on the playcall there. if he was a non-controversial guy maybe they say no way we can't put the ball in his hands. Instead he's a hassle to have in the locker room and something deep down says go another way with the big play. For a guy who lead the league in TD's you'd think a handoff there would be an obvious call.

captain_amazing said:
WE WON BAE!!!

No team actually won the game today but the pats get the trophy by default because Seattle lost it
Oh, please. Accept the loss and move on. Stop making excuses. The Patriots won it with a great interception and were the REAL winners.

Teams blow games out of their ### all the time. This isn't some new phenomenon.

captain_amazing said:
WE WON BAE!!!

oh please........butt catch was a total fluke..sea didn't do much most of the game. You really think you can win like that 2 weeks in a row? They were lucky to be in the SB

The General said:
When Lynch moved to the left of Wilson I was think WTF play is this. Throwing to Lockette for the game with Lynch and a TO at the 1 after getting that miracle catch by Kearse. That was beyond bad call.

Great game by the Pats. Great play by that kid jumping that route. Brady on those last 2 drives, stud.

Such a brutal end but a great season.
I thought it was a great end to a brutal season...the most brutal in history.

You have to wonder if Lynch being selfish in not talking to the media had an unconscious effect on the playcall there. if he was a non-controversial guy maybe they say no way we can't put the ball in his hands. Instead he's a hassle to have in the locker room and something deep down says go another way with the big play. For a guy who lead the league in TD's you'd think a handoff there would be an obvious call.
Willie Nelson still smoking the good weed

Lynch also a class act with that quote.

ETA: Seriously, he didn't blame the play call without him.

Last edited by a moderator:

The slant in close there has the highest likelihood of something going wrong. Pound it with the guy who lead the league in td's is virtually no risk. easy to say after the fact but that was a horrible play call.

It was 2nd down and they had 1 TO, so not following you there.
if you run and don't make it you have to use your t.o. then you cant afford to run again until fourth down. if you pass and don't make it you can do either. that's why he threw it. You want flexibility on every play to put maximum pressure on the defense.

Willie Nelson still smoking the good weed
I wouldn't know

So that interception was a fluke, but the ball bouncing off a guys foot and landing in a guys hands on his back is a good way to decide a game. Got it.

captain_amazing said:
WE WON BAE!!!
No ... this is a true case of a team losing the game.No team actually won the game today but the pats get the trophy by default because Seattle lost it
Oh, please. Accept the loss and move on. Stop making excuses. The Patriots won it with a great interception and were the REAL winners.

Teams blow games out of their ### all the time. This isn't some new phenomenon.
Yeah the NFC championship game is a perfect example of this.

You have to wonder if Lynch being selfish in not talking to the media had an unconscious effect on the playcall there. if he was a non-controversial guy maybe they say no way we can't put the ball in his hands. Instead he's a hassle to have in the locker room and something deep down says go another way with the big play.
Oh. Come. On.

Thunderlips said:
jurb26 said:
jeaton6 said:
jurb26 said:
Bad play call? Those pick plays work like 99% of the time in the NFL. It was just a great defensive play. Butler jumped that route perfectly.
No sorry. Not a bad play call. A terrible one. Embarrassingly bad. Unnecessary.
Yet we heard all night and week how money Wilson is in crunch time. Seems people were fine putting it in his hands until it didn't work out.
Who cares if it's Wilson? J.H. Christ could be behind Center and with the time left and the TOs (and the fact that NE didn't call a TO)..... you give it to Marshawn
The only thing Russell should be blamed for is not audibling out of such a crappy call. Bunched tight with trips right is pretty ridiculous given the circumstances. Pete Carroll said the just want to burn a play; why wouldn't you do that feeding the best RB in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread