What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Super Bowl LVIII - San Francisco 49'ers 14-5 vs Kansas City Chiefs 14-6*** (+2, 47.5) Chiefs are World Champions 25-22 in Overtime (1 Viewer)

I thought it might be cute putting the Detroit Lions in hre early, glad I didn't do that
Inability to kick 45-yd FGs to extend from a 2 score 4 score game has cost Detroit as they now face just a 1 score lead heading into the 4th Q, still loads of time left for SF

When Swift gets her Super Bowl ring, does she make it a 2-finger ring or just wear it on a chain around her neck? The ring might be the size of her hand so maybe wear it like a belt buckle? Either way, it's going to look super sexy! :wub:

Yeah, but the last time these two teams played in the Super Bowl, the 49ers didn't have Christian McCaffrey. He's definitely the front-runner for Offensive Player of the Year. I think he's definitely going to get 100 yards, and he'll be the reason the result will be different than 4 years ago.

I am leaning Chiefs obviously. The 49ers defense has looked like trash for a good percentage of the playoffs so far against teams QB'd by Jordan Love and Jarred Goff, two good QBs for sure, but Patrick Mahomes is a whole different animal. Pacheco and his physical style of running should be able to gash all kinds of holes in that leaky 49ers run defense.

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again: the 49ers didn't have CMC last time they played the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I think he's going to get at least 100 yards against the Chiefs' run defense. I believe their run defense was in the bottom half of the league this year. I definitely have CMC as the front-runner for Super Bowl MVP.

Going to come down to Reid vs Shanahan and Mahomes vs Purdy and KC wins both.
There's a lot more in game matches than just HC and QB
I wouldn't just put all my chips on those 2 spots
Of course but HC and QB are probably the most important in game matchups.
I watched the Niners blow out a lot of teams along the way this season including taking the Eagles' lunch money that they never recovered from
Don't give me this impossibility that they can't win the Super Bowl, they're battle tested just like the Chiefs, this might be the best Super Bowl ever
And I'm not saying you give the Niners little chance but I am saying this game does not have a clear favorite yet IMHO

Let's get this party started

-I've listened to preachers, I've listened to fools
:banned:

At this point, you've got to say KC has the best D in the league.

Spagnuolo is the MVC. They have good talent & Spags makes it tough on opposing offenses.

I watched the Niners blow out a lot of teams along the way this season including taking the Eagles' lunch money that they never recovered from
Don't give me this impossibility that they can't win the Super Bowl, they're battle tested just like the Chiefs, this might be the best Super Bowl ever
And I'm not saying you give the Niners little chance but I am saying this game does not have a clear favorite yet IMHO

I’m just saying I see QB and Head Coach as two most important things going into a game like this.

Shanahan has to prove he can do something other than choke or make boneheaded decisions in situations like this vs a proven great HC in Reid who seems to be doing it again with his team peaking at just the right time.

Then you have the experienced Mahomes vs first time Super Bowl QB Purdy. Again, advantage KC.

Sure anything can happen, but those are two clear advantages to KC at this point, IMO.

* If you hate both teams, take solace in the fact that one will get agonizingly close to a championship, but fall short. Then you get to watch them look sad in the post-game presser. When you're feeling annoyed...schadenfreude!!

* 49ers haven't won a title in decades. They have a lot on the line.

* KC is...not in the same boat. They're used to being there. But if Mahomes wants to someday be considered the GOAT, a loss puts him at 2-2 in the biggest game, compared to an astounding 7-3 for Brady, and 4-0 for Montana. I understand these are just different levels of amazing, but I'm sure it's on his mind. To be the greatest, you have to come up big when the stakes are highest.

I don't like either team...but I don't hate either of them, either. So maybe I root for Purdy. But if I was a gambler (I'm not) I think I'd go with KC. The moment definitely won't be too big for them.

I’m just saying I see QB and Head Coach as two most important things going into a game like this.

Shanahan has to prove he can do something other than choke or make boneheaded decisions in situations like this vs a proven great HC in Reid who seems to be doing it again with his team peaking at just the right time.

Then you have the experienced Mahomes vs first time Super Bowl QB Purdy. Again, advantage KC.

Sure anything can happen, but those are two clear advantages to KC at this point, IMO.
:goodposting:

* If you hate both teams, take solace in the fact that one will get agonizingly close to a championship, but fall short. Then you get to watch them look sad in the post-game presser. When you're feeling annoyed...schadenfreude!!

* 49ers haven't won a title in decades. They have a lot on the line.

* KC is...not in the same boat. They're used to being there. But if Mahomes wants to someday be considered the GOAT, a loss puts him at 2-2 in the biggest game, compared to an astounding 7-3 for Brady, and 4-0 for Montana. I understand these are just different levels of amazing, but I'm sure it's on his mind. To be the greatest, you have to come up big when the stakes are highest.

I don't like either team...but I don't hate either of them, either. So maybe I root for Purdy. But if I was a gambler (I'm not) I think I'd go with KC. The moment definitely won't be too big for them.

Appreciate the effort but I hate both so much. I wish the game wasn't even played. Can they tie? Can they both be destroyed? I can barely watch this. Kill me now

SF shouldn’t be favored over KC. KC has been here time and time again and Purdy still hasn’t proven that he can take over a game like Mahomes can. Also, Andy Reid is on another level right now. He will study this Lions tape. Also, these DBs the Chiefs have are out of this world. If they shut Aiyuk down, which they probably should, who else is going to win down the field in the X capacity? CMC is going to need 35 touches to win this game.

Also, KC went on the road in the playoffs to beat Buffalo and Baltimore? Two of the toughest places to play and better teams in the league? They are locked in for a repeat.

I’ll tell you one thing- KC will not let what the packers and lions did - let the 49ers back in the game if they are down.

Appreciate the effort but I hate both so much. I wish the game wasn't even played. Can they tie? Can they both be destroyed? I can barely watch this. Kill me now
This was me last season. Didn't watch a second of the Super Bowl and had a great day, I'm sure youll find something fun to do.

Could Kelce been any more cringe in his post game speech thingy? He's become so easy to hate since Mahomes got there.

The Chiefs are already more annoying than the Patriots ever were.
Agree. They are terrible people.

Put the house on KC.

Shanahan will never get past his SB demons.
Agreed. No chance.
Nah. You know and I know the Niners are the better team on paper and all around.

They are just so explosive and to be honest the Chiefs offense is still crap. It's been a fairy tail run for the Chiefs up until now but the niners are better this time and will have that revenge factor. I love my Chiefs and am happy to be here but the niners look primed to take it.

Put the house on KC.

Agreed. No chance.
Nah. You know and I know the Niners are the better team on paper and all around.

They are just so explosive and to be honest the Chiefs offense is still crap. It's been a fairy tail run for the Chiefs up until now but the niners are better this time and will have that revenge factor. I love my Chiefs and am happy to be here but the niners look primed to take it.
Here you go again lol. But so far your reverse jinx results have been very good.

Put the house on KC.

Agreed. No chance.

Here you go again lol. But so far your reverse jinx results have been very good.

Flawless. He is the master of the reverse jinx

Any Chiefs fans care to comment on how the Chiefs turned it around? All year, they were the definition of a lackluster team, and then seemingly turned it all around for the playoffs. Was this playoff resurgence expected? Did they have people injured who came back for the playoffs, or was this just a case of a veteran team figuring it out at the right time?

Does anyone else find they just don’t care about the SB now?
I liked the chiefs plenty when we lived in Kansas but it’s getting a bit tiresome seeing them in it again. Good for them I guess, Reid and Mahomes get to enhance their arguments for being GOAT 2.0.
SF is a well put together team and it’s great to see any team succeed by emphasizing positions other than QB.

But as my podcast feed fills, I find myself skipping anything football because I just don’t care about this game now.
We’ll still have a party and all that, but the draft is the next thing to get excited about.

“Tony Romo” / SNL nailed it.

:kicksrock:

Could Kelce been any more cringe in his post game speech thingy? He's become so easy to hate since Mahomes got there.

The Chiefs are already more annoying than the Patriots ever were.
He’s such a tool. His brother inherited all the likable qualities apparently.
Chiefs were kind of a cool team when Mahomes was humble and Kelce was just another guy who Mahomes threw the ball to.

GO NINERS!

Put the house on KC.

Agreed. No chance.

No kidding.

Haven’t rooted for San Fran since the franchise chased away Joe Cool. But I will once more two weeks from now.
To be fair, they didn't really chase him away. They had to make a decision between a great QB coming off an injury or the younger guy who was having an MVP type season in his place. They decided to move forward with Young, which ultimately was the right decision, although not an easy one for obvious reasons.

Any Chiefs fans care to comment on how the Chiefs turned it around? All year, they were the definition of a lackluster team, and then seemingly turned it all around for the playoffs. Was this playoff resurgence expected? Did they have people injured who came back for the playoffs, or was this just a case of a veteran team figuring it out at the right time?
The defense has been pretty healthy all year long, so what we are seeing there is not new. They have carried this team all season.

As I mentioned upthread, the offense is a turd. They have looked good in spurts this postseason but they are not fixed. The main thing there is they have not turned the ball over. And Mahomes is willing to play for the punt because he knows the defense is solid. He has admitted this in interviews over the past few weeks.

And Reid is calling things ultra conservative right now. So him realizing he doesn't have playmakers has helped. But I will wanna see him play into that more. Call more play action. More slants and crossing patterns. More delayed screens and such. And then go for the home run downfield when it's there.

If he does THAT, the Chiefs are dangerous. But they simply cannot turtle up in the second half and expect the Niners to not move the ball. Shanahan is way too accomplished and in tune with his offense to let that happen.

I think at the end of the day in two weeks the Niners win because the Chiefs offense simply couldn't score when they needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread