What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superman/Batman Movie... (1 Viewer)

Well the problem with the Cranston info is the site it comes from. Pretty unreliable. I would wait to hear it from WB before I counted on it. Still if true that should be a great casting.

i just don't see a movie with Bale in it as any fun

these are comic book movies, they can be edgy and serious, but a little fun goes a long way
I have no problem with them being dark. Batman is a psychologists dream. He is haunted by his inability to save his parents as a child. Guilt that has never truly been reconciled. Batman movies should be dark and so should the character.
Add in his perceived failures with ****, his inability to save Jason and what happened with Stephanie. Add in Damian and Talia and well his mind is pretty f'd.

ETA Comic :nerd:
That and his whole world is based in the gothic genre. This isn't exactly a bright and shiny area, from Mary Shelly on down.

It's not hard to get Kevin Smith excited about something, and considering he thought Affleck was awesome in Daredevil, I'm not giving too much weight to his opinion about this. I hope he's right about how great it is, but... dude said Affleck was such a great actor he could play the shark in Jaws. And I'm not entirely sure he was joking.

If it's based on Jim Lee's designs, which is the artist they redacted from the podcast, I've heard, the costume will be gray/black/blue and will be more padded. More like a football uniform, less like the jet black Iron Man lite they created for Nolan's movies.

Newcomer Gal Gadot Set For Wonder Woman In Batman Vs. Superman
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56503405/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
Agree with those who say. She seems to skinny to be Wonder Women.
The Chick from Fast and Furious? Aww no way. Wonder woman is an Amazon! This chick is super model skinny.

I don't know if she's still under contract for X-Men but Famke Janssen would have been a good choice. Only issue is she's going to be 50. But she still looks damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Bale would just do another Dark Knight. Man of Steel wasn't good. Ben as batman is horrible. This just sounds bad.

What story do we think this will be based on? If Bruce Wayne is supposed to be older, why not use Brolin? And introduce him in another film before just throwing us a new batman in a "buddy film" right away.

Why do they feel the need to cast "names" into the starring roles? It's freaking batman and superman, if that won't draw the fans in, will having Justin Bieber as Robin really bring in enough fans to offset their huge salary? Movie studios are stupid sometimes.

I'm convinced Snider is just trolli g everyone at this point. Either that or he's trying the Heath Ledger risk times 10. At least that was after a movie was established and had solid commodities like Bale, Caine, Oldman and Freeman.

Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Jesse Eisenberg? I'm just not seeing it.

Warner Bros. Rebranding “Man of Steel” SequelForbes is reporting that Warner Bros. is rebranding the sequel to Man Of Steel. Warner released a statement on Thursday including the following statement: ”The new film is currently being written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.”

While all of the casting additions we have learned of recently are interesting, it is worth noting that Chris Terrio, the man who won the Oscar for his screenplay for Argo, is now on board for this film and David Goyer’s role has potentially been downgraded for this film. You also may have noticed that Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan’s names no longer appear. Given the magnitude of these two names, one can only assume this was not just a simple case of forgetfulness. While Man of Steel was highly advertised with Nolan’s name especially, it looks like Warner Bros. is looking to have this film stand on different merits.

The speculation I've heard is that it's morphing from Batman vs. Superman into The Justice League. I'm not going to start dumping on it until I learn more...

The speculation I've heard is that it's morphing from Batman vs. Superman into The Justice League. I'm not going to start dumping on it until I learn more...
My guess is that it will at least end with them agreeing to form said league. Hearing about the characters they're bringing in makes it sound more interesting, at least.

I never read DC comics so are they basically trying to create their own version of The Avengers? If so, Batman vs. Superman at least sounds more original.

I never read DC comics so are they basically trying to create their own version of The Avengers? If so, Batman vs. Superman at least sounds more original.
The Justice League has been around for a long time, so in that sense, they've had their version of The Avengers for a long time.

From a motion picture aspect, though, yes.

The Justice League has been around for a long time, so in that sense, they've had their version of The Avengers for a long time.

Good point but in the eyes of current filmgoers wouldn't it seem to have the feel of trying to rip off Marvel? I think they'd want to avoid that - at least right out of the block. Maybe build to it the way Marvel did.

Good point but in the eyes of current filmgoers wouldn't it seem to have the feel of trying to rip off Marvel? I think they'd want to avoid that - at least right out of the block. Maybe build to it the way Marvel did.
DC and Marvel go back and forth with ripping each other off really. In this case, IIRC, JLA predated the Avengers by about 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread