What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (21 Viewers)

I'm about halfway through. Hagrid's nephew is growing on me. Absolutely killing me with "I have scoliosis, don't dance up there", falling on the rocks, thinking he had the game figured out and the shock on his face when it didn't work.

Drew on the other hand, can't stand. Unearned arrogance. Thinks he has the world figured out, and life is waiting for him.

So Brandon is a complete goof, but what a nice young man. They made the right decision. "We might now win with Emily, but we will lose with Brandon."

• Sabiyah lost ground with me from last week. I didn't like her "I'm in charge and like it" speech.
  • Caleb definitely my favorite so far. He showed a lot of grace by going to Emily and working with her. And I don't think it was purely strategic, I think he genuinely wanted to help her. Good on him.
  • I like big toed Dee :)
  • Bruce is just goofy
  • I like J Maya, trying to decipher the code
Everyone else is pretty neutral. Mama J may be ok. Austin seems like he might be pretty cool, as does Brando. They just haven't really had enough screen time to form solid opinions yet.

Brandon is Jacob Derwin from Ghost Island part 2 -- superfan who turns out to be pathetic at the game -- with the added "bonus" of being one of the worst challenge performers ever. Seemed like people liked him, but you can't tell your tribemates you're good at puzzles and then proceed to totally suck at them.

I learned today that my boss's boss knows him. His girlfriend is related to one of my boss's boss's best friends, or something like that.

Kaleb and Emily bonding will probably mean something.

Not sure what to make of Katurah looking like a savvy player in episode 1 but developing a single-minded obsession about getting rid of Bruce (whom the rest of the tribe seems to like) in episode 2.

Interesting that Kellie and Brando are playing the middle on the blue tribe. This blew up spectacularly for Daniel and Chanelle in S42, we'll see what happens here.

The red tribe seems to have a strong alliance of 4 but Drew seems shady as hell. I suspect J. Maya will probably be the first boot from this tribe -- she's not in the main alliance and she hasn't been featured much, unlike Sifu.

Brandon is Jacob Derwin from Ghost Island part 2 -- superfan who turns out to be pathetic at the game -- with the added "bonus" of being one of the worst challenge performers ever. Seemed like people liked him, but you can't tell your tribemates you're good at puzzles and then proceed to totally suck at them.

I learned today that my boss's boss knows him. His girlfriend is related to one of my boss's boss's best friends, or something like that.

Kaleb and Emily bonding will probably mean something.

Not sure what to make of Katurah looking like a savvy player in episode 1 but developing a single-minded obsession about getting rid of Bruce (whom the rest of the tribe seems to like) in episode 2.

Interesting that Kellie and Brando are playing the middle on the blue tribe. This blew up spectacularly for Daniel and Chanelle in S42, we'll see what happens here.

The red tribe seems to have a strong alliance of 4 but Drew seems shady as hell. I suspect J. Maya will probably be the first boot from this tribe -- she's not in the main alliance and she hasn't been featured much, unlike Sifu.

Glad you mentioned that, I thought the same thing but forgot to put it in the writeup. Perfect encapsulation: Seemed saavy in the first episode (not gonna tell them I'm a lawyer, look at this guy talk) to "Why can't this tribe see what I see in Bruce! He's playing them!". She was a definite downgrade this episode. They showed it so much it seems like foreshadowing.

I'm about halfway through. Hagrid's nephew is growing on me. Absolutely killing me with "I have scoliosis, don't dance up there", falling on the rocks, thinking he had the game figured out and the shock on his face when it didn't work.

Drew on the other hand, can't stand. Unearned arrogance. Thinks he has the world figured out, and life is waiting for him.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how he couldn't open the chest. There are only 6 combinations it could have been. Then come to find out he screwed up ON THE MATCHING PART!!!!

Absolutely killing me with "I have scoliosis, don't dance up there"

As soon as he said that my wife and I looked at each other and said "Of course he does"
Lol. It was funny. I can’t believe he said he was good at puzzles because he wasn’t just not the greatest, he was pathetic. They barely had anything outside of the main trunk pieces and of course he doesn’t even get the matching right. The fact that he didn’t even want the beware advantage was comical as well since that seems way easier and you were already on the block. He seemed like a nice guy but outside of quitters, he was one of the worst players ever.

Why didn’t the girl with the waxed covered idol just whip it out as she walked into tribal and just throw it one of the 27 fires surrounding them?

Why didn’t the girl with the waxed covered idol just whip it out as she walked into tribal and just throw it one of the 27 fires surrounding them?

Why not set it in the sun and see if that was enough. Or use Brandon's glasses to try and pinpoint the sun rays?

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how he couldn't open the chest. There are only 6 combinations it could have been. Then come to find out he screwed up ON THE MATCHING PART!!!!
“I’m really bad under pressure,” he said in one of his exit interviews.

Maybe don’t go on Survivor then?

Thing is, she didn’t truly need kaleb to flip immediately. If he votes Emily, then it’s a 3 way tie and they revote. But he would then know that Sean flipped his vote and that emily was right. He could flip back to sibia on the revote.

Thing is, she didn’t truly need kaleb to flip immediately. If he votes Emily, then it’s a 3 way tie and they revote. But he would then know that Sean flipped his vote and that emily was right. He could flip back to sibia on the revote.
I was thinking the same thing with the 3 votes, but we also knew at that point that Shibaya (sp?) wasn’t using her vote. It would have been 2-2 if she did use her vote as well.

The HII can’t be played on a revote, can it? I think convincing crier would have been easy if you have to play the HII before the main vote. I’d flip to make sure the rocks didn’t send me home especially since I’m not the one safe with the HII in the future. Crier would know he could find the HII after tribal.

Great episode tonight. I’ve done a 180 on Emily. Amazing how she’s turned her game around in such a short period of time
I’m not sure her game play has changed enough. I think she was smart to be loyal to Kaleb because if Kaleb goes, she’s next. If Kaleb votes with her then she’s top 2 of the 3 left. That’s worth it even if Kaleb didn’t believe her.

When I say game play, her talking about the only 2 votes should have sent her home. Kaleb was willing to stick together but crier and Bia still wanted to get him out. If I’m Bia, I wouldn’t want Emily the wildcard to still be around at the merge with knowledge of my idol. As soon as she spilled the beans on that, Emily should have been their vote.

Her loyalty to Kaleb saved her bacon along with Bia/crier being greedy to want the idol and stronger player gone. They weren’t smart. You keep Kaleb as your tight 3 and hope he can bring you into the large majority. Then you pick him off because the rest of the majority will think he’s a threat as well. Emily was brought in by Kaleb, so why risk that she’ll stay loyal to him this early?

Great episode tonight. I’ve done a 180 on Emily. Amazing how she’s turned her game around in such a short period of time
I’m not sure her game play has changed enough. I think she was smart to be loyal to Kaleb because if Kaleb goes, she’s next. If Kaleb votes with her then she’s top 2 of the 3 left. That’s worth it even if Kaleb didn’t believe her.

When I say game play, her talking about the only 2 votes should have sent her home. Kaleb was willing to stick together but crier and Bia still wanted to get him out. If I’m Bia, I wouldn’t want Emily the wildcard to still be around at the merge with knowledge of my idol. As soon as she spilled the beans on that, Emily should have been their vote.

Her loyalty to Kaleb saved her bacon along with Bia/crier being greedy to want the idol and stronger player gone. They weren’t smart. You keep Kaleb as your tight 3 and hope he can bring you into the large majority. Then you pick him off because the rest of the majority will think he’s a threat as well. Emily was brought in by Kaleb, so why risk that she’ll stay loyal to him this early?
I think it's definitely changed. She's toned it way down. Early on she was burning every bridge possible. Of course that just could be the edit we're seeing it's hard to say. Bia/crier definitely screwed this up played way too hard way too earlier. She was way too aggressive trying to get that idol tonight when the vote should've been 2-1 Emily. In Kaleb's mind they didn't need Bia's vote if that's the plan and since Bia was so desperate to get the idol I assume that's what tipped him off that Emily was likely correct. Regardless I'm much more invested now than I was after the 1st 2 episodes.

I was thinking the same thing with the 3 votes, but we also knew at that point that Shibaya (sp?) wasn’t using her vote. It would have been 2-2 if she did use her vote as well.

The HII can’t be played on a revote, can it? I think convincing crier would have been easy if you have to play the HII before the main vote. I’d flip to make sure the rocks didn’t send me home especially since I’m not the one safe with the HII in the future. Crier would know he could find the HII after tribal.

I don't believe so.

I think it's definitely changed. She's toned it way down. Early on she was burning every bridge possible. Of course that just could be the edit we're seeing it's hard to say. Bia/crier definitely screwed this up played way too hard way too earlier. She was way too aggressive trying to get that idol tonight when the vote should've been 2-1 Emily. In Kaleb's mind they didn't need Bia's vote if that's the plan and since Bia was so desperate to get the idol I assume that's what tipped him off that Emily was likely correct. Regardless I'm much more invested now than I was after the 1st 2 episodes.
It definitely has changed, that’s why I added enough. Bia clearly wasn’t a great player. As soon as Emily was talking (too much still) about only 2 votes read, that’s your keep Kaleb around longer bat signal. Emily will figure it out so stay with the simple safe vote of Emily for now and keep your strong 3 together for the merge.

Good observation about the idol. I wasn’t even thinking that Kaleb would see that as his signal to vote with Emily. There’s no need for all that if you have a simple 2-1 advantage over Emily.

One thought on the idol is that if Bia thought through it more, she could have asked her tribe if she should melt the idol at tribal because they don’t have flint and they don’t want the other tribes to know about it at the merge. The way she did it gave Kaleb another clue.

Good episode last night! wish they didnt spoil the merge but guess it was expected/needed with one tribe at 3 members.
How many days have they been out there? You'd think the yellow team would have at least tried to make a fire even without having flint.
just learned Emily's last name is Flippen and fits perfectly with last nights episode.
I like Kaleb and a few from the red team but feel like I barely know anything about the blue team

Yeah it was really weird seeing her so self-unaware of the situation there. As in, don't go blabbing stuff in front of everyone when you don't know the dynamics. Take people aside one by one.

Good episode last night! wish they didnt spoil the merge but guess it was expected/needed with one tribe at 3 members.
How many days have they been out there? You'd think the yellow team would have at least tried to make a fire even without having flint.
just learned Emily's last name is Flippen and fits perfectly with last nights episode.
I like Kaleb and a few from the red team but feel like I barely know anything about the blue team
I believe it’s a tribe shuffle. Not the merge

I believe it’s a tribe shuffle. Not the merge
Correct. There are 15 people left, so probably a simple shuffle with 3 tribes of 5 remaining.

Have they have done a shuffle and taken it from 3 down to 2 before? Can't remember if it's ever happened.

I watched it way too late to comment last night. Like others I think this was the best episode of the season. I really like Kaleb, and I really thought he was going home. He is just too good of a player from all aspects (social, physical, strategy) to progress too far. I don't think he will win because of that, which is a shame. I thought Jake was going to do a fire face plant, and then his reaction coming out of it was strange. Nice bonding moment with the girl with a lot of tattoos, who I can't remember her name but multiple times during the episode last night she did something weird with her mouth that reminded me a lot of Drew Barrymore. Jake is growing on me. I liked how he apologized to her for not talking enough with her, he wasn't defensive even when she told him that they mentioned his name because he was a lawyer. He's also sufficiently goofy for me to root for. I liked the "I'm the biggest thing in the water so I'm the king" and then when he said swimmer in a Boston accent it just cracked me up.

I was glad to see the LoserLoser tribe get a victory, even just in a reward challenge. It was kind of heartbreaking watching Emily on the stand seemingly helpless as the tribe had no clue how to finish that puzzle. Bold move by Sabiyah to pull the idol out in front of everyone and just melt it at tribal, but a smart move to share it with Emily so she felt like she was in the inner circle. Sabiyah was just outmaneuvered by Kaleb, who built the trust with Emily early while she was at her lowest. Some growth on Emily's part as well to tell him the plan when she could have easily played the survive and advance card. Such a great twist on that idol.

Kellie and Brando - I like them both. Playing in the middle can pay off, but with a swap coming next week it kind of blows up what they are doing.
Bruce - Likable but I'm quite sure he'd get on my last nerve pretty quickly in camp
Kataruh - I get it, you don't like Bruce and I'm sure you said other stuff to the camera in confessionals, but the way they are editing it if Bruce goes missing, the FBI will knock on her door
Austin - terrible lookout, but still likable
Sifu featuring J. Maya - She looked really uncomfortable during his impromptu jam session, and Kaleb the salesman was like "that was good!"
I really like the Dee and Mama J duo, they are both smart but I'm afraid the tribe switch will mess them up. They do still have Austin and Drew

I can't stand Drew. Everything he does annoys me. Also for someone who thinks he rules, does not work under pressure. He gets caught, so he just stares blankly and walks off in the other direction? Not sure why the girls would want to continue with him. Then when Austin comes up with at least a believable story of what they were doing, Drew says "I hid it because it was his thing to tell". Teammate under the bus. And Kaleb gave him an advantage. At least he was dumb enough to immediately share it with everyone.

I watched it way too late to comment last night. Like others I think this was the best episode of the season. I really like Kaleb, and I really thought he was going home. He is just too good of a player from all aspects (social, physical, strategy) to progress too far. I don't think he will win because of that, which is a shame. I thought Jake was going to do a fire face plant, and then his reaction coming out of it was strange. Nice bonding moment with the girl with a lot of tattoos, who I can't remember her name but multiple times during the episode last night she did something weird with her mouth that reminded me a lot of Drew Barrymore. Jake is growing on me. I liked how he apologized to her for not talking enough with her, he wasn't defensive even when she told him that they mentioned his name because he was a lawyer. He's also sufficiently goofy for me to root for. I liked the "I'm the biggest thing in the water so I'm the king" and then when he said swimmer in a Boston accent it just cracked me up.

I was glad to see the LoserLoser tribe get a victory, even just in a reward challenge. It was kind of heartbreaking watching Emily on the stand seemingly helpless as the tribe had no clue how to finish that puzzle. Bold move by Sabiyah to pull the idol out in front of everyone and just melt it at tribal, but a smart move to share it with Emily so she felt like she was in the inner circle. Sabiyah was just outmaneuvered by Kaleb, who built the trust with Emily early while she was at her lowest. Some growth on Emily's part as well to tell him the plan when she could have easily played the survive and advance card. Such a great twist on that idol.

Kellie and Brando - I like them both. Playing in the middle can pay off, but with a swap coming next week it kind of blows up what they are doing.
Bruce - Likable but I'm quite sure he'd get on my last nerve pretty quickly in camp
Kataruh - I get it, you don't like Bruce and I'm sure you said other stuff to the camera in confessionals, but the way they are editing it if Bruce goes missing, the FBI will knock on her door
Sifu featuring J. Maya - She looked really uncomfortable during his impromptu jam session, and Kaleb the salesman was like "that was good!"
I really like the Dee and Mama J duo, they are both smart but I'm afraid the tribe switch will mess them up. They do still have Austin and Drew

I can't stand Drew. Everything he does annoys me. Also for someone who thinks he rules, does not work under pressure. He gets caught, so he just stares blankly and walks off in the other direction? Not sure why the girls would want to continue with him. Then when Austin comes up with at least a believable story of what they were doing, Drew says "I hid it because it was his thing to tell". Teammate under the bus. And Kaleb gave him an advantage. At least he was dumb enough to immediately share it with everyone.
Too many names! Let me see if I can figure it out.

Bartender drew Barrymore @Harry Manback Boston lawyer. How was medical not called in? Maybe they were and it was edited out
emily and kaleb I know because they’ve been on screen for 3 weeks
Zero idea who Kellie is. Brando, super scrawny guy?
bruce is a boob. He’ll be dragged Along for a while.
katurah??
Austin I like
tai chi David lee Roth and hot girl with a mustache
cubana and old lady(for the show)
scrawny bill Walton is pretty unbearable

really bad team choices by the producers. This swap has to be because the yellow team is dead in the water and nearly half the other teams would be sitting out challenges. Makes for bad tv

How’d I do? :excited:

Bartender drew Barrymore @Harry Manback Boston lawyer. How was medical not called in? Maybe they were and it was edited out
katurah??
Austin I like

really bad team choices by the producers. This swap has to be because the yellow team is dead in the water and nearly half the other teams would be sitting out challenges. Makes for bad tv

Great job!

Yes Kellie is the nurse who talks with Brando the scrawny. Katurah is the African American lady who really hates Bruce.

Somehow I've missed if J. Maya has a mustache. And yes on Dee and Mama J (although she's younger than me so it hurts to say she's the old one).

Ditto — I am 3 years older than “Mama J”, 5 years older than Bruce and considerably older than everyone else on this season.

Great episode with a spectacular flameout. Sabiyah Chris Noble’d herself out of the game. Had a short-term idol (which involved a lost vote) but didn’t play it because they completely misread where they stood in the tribe.

Final 16 is not when you try to eliminate allies who are threats to win. That’s what the early merge is for.

katurah??
Austin I like

Great job!

Yes Kellie is the nurse who talks with Brando the scrawny. Katurah is the African American lady who really hates Bruce.

Somehow I've missed if J. Maya has a mustache. And yes on Dee and Mama J (although she's younger than me so it hurts to say she's the old one).
How old is she? I’m probably older than her too

katurah??
Austin I like

Great job!

Mama J is 49, or at least was when the season was filmed earlier this year.

katurah??
Austin I like

Great job!

I’m 5 years older. 😂

katurah??
Austin I like

Great job!

I’m 5 years older. 😂
I've only got her by a year :) We're probably the same age now.

Weird side note, as I quoted this I see the HTML code up top, and apparently @Harry Manback 's user ID is 666 👿

Exactly my thoughts. Makes me think blue teamers aren't end game players. Their only edit seems to revole around Bruce.
Can’t assume that. The blue tribe got no focus in the premerge of S41 and it produced the winner and several others who went deep.
Agree. When you have a team that gets decimated and loses every immunity challenge, they have to be the focus. I think the red team has gotten more focus because things have actually happened there like the idol and digging fun, Sifu getting thrown under every bus even ones he has no clue about and Drew being Drew. Blue team has been boring and that’s even with Bruce trying his hardest, which they’ve shown. After the merge, we could be watching an entirely different show.

Exactly my thoughts. Makes me think blue teamers aren't end game players. Their only edit seems to revole around Bruce.
Can’t assume that. The blue tribe got no focus in the premerge of S41 and it produced the winner and several others who went deep.
Agree. When you have a team that gets decimated and loses every immunity challenge, they have to be the focus. I think the red team has gotten more focus because things have actually happened there like the idol and digging fun, Sifu getting thrown under every bus even ones he has no clue about and Drew being Drew. Blue team has been boring and that’s even with Bruce trying his hardest, which they’ve shown. After the merge, we could be watching an entirely different show.
The blue tribe's not even that boring. Bruce and Kendra are fun characters and Katurah's obsession with Bruce is amusing. And we've gotten a very clear picture of where everyone stands in relation to each other. With the swap coming, we won't see Brando and Kellie have to make a choice between Bruce/Jake and Kendra/Katurah, but those dynamics must come into play at some point if the editors have decided to show them to us. If anything, one can argue the red tribe is more boring because most of their content has been around the idol hunt and we have gotten zero from J. Maya.

Also, as usual, not a fan of the lawyers except Boston. Mama J was incredibly pretentious in her early interviews as was the Bruce hater. Mama J just became a lawyer so it must happen fast and Boston is just not doing well enough to realize he should act like that.

The blue tribe's not even that boring. Bruce and Kendra are fun characters and Katurah's obsession with Bruce is amusing. And we've gotten a very clear picture of where everyone stands in relation to each other. With the swap coming, we won't see Brando and Kellie have to make a choice between Bruce/Jake and Kendra/Katurah, but those dynamics must come into play at some point if the editors have decided to show them to us. If anything, one can argue the red tribe is more boring because most of their content has been around the idol hunt and we have gotten zero from J. Maya.
Sorry, but we’ll have to disagree. Red team has been a lot more interesting with what they’ve done. Blue tribe has some OK people but we knew the lawyer didn’t like Bruce day 1. They have to show all tribes but blue has definitely been on the boring side IMHO. Sifu, Dee, Drew and Austin have all been as interesting or more than the entire blue crew.

katurah??
Austin I like

Great job!

I’m 5 years older. 😂
I've only got her by a year :) We're probably the same age now.

Weird side note, as I quoted this I see the HTML code up top, and apparently @Harry Manback 's user ID is 666 👿
Sure is!

I'm surprised Jeff hasn't beaten someone to death with a torch yet this season. Casting is crushing it.

I'm surprised Jeff hasn't beaten someone to death with a torch yet this season. Casting is crushing it.
I keep getting the feeling that the talent pool is very shallow now. Jeff and contestants keep asking people to consider being on the show for the past couple of seasons. I can’t do this because I consider camping as sleeping with the windows open.

Yeah when half the eliminations have been quitters, it takes some steam out of it. Still some decent storylines.

• Very happy for Caleb, although I do think he will have a huge target and won't be able to win.
  • Emily learned some lessons and applied them to the new tribe, I like her redemption arc that is going.
  • I really like Austin, he's grown on me.
  • Napolean Dynomite was not as grating as usual this week
  • Dee stepped in it with Sifu. I'm not sure why she would call the audible with Sean begging to go. I'm really surprised that J. Maya went along with it since it was her plan, but I think she genuinely felt for Sean. Mama J was not playing with it. The plan all along was to eliminate the 2 guys, so it didn't really matter the order. Upsetting Sifu was unnecessary for their gameplay.
  • Katturah is getting an edit where she is just obsessed with Bruce. It's a really bad look
  • Bruce is pretty annoying
  • Not much from Jake the Boston Lawyer other than he said "swimmah" again
  • Very little airtime for Drew Barrymore the bartender
  • Kellie the nurse explained her spot pretty well, and I think she's someone who can go pretty far, at least the merge

Users who are viewing this thread