What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (3 Viewers)

Kenzi also might be in a better financial position if she hasn't spent thousands of dollars on all that ink :shrug:
Idk if I was an artist, Kenzie is the kind of girl that might get some free work or a discount. She appears to be such a nice person, surely her good karma has come back around many times.

If we're voting based on who could use the money the most, why are we even playing the game? Or, just ask everyone how much they make and vote out the richest person every week until the poorest remain.
Ben is poorer than Kenzie.
Right. That's why I couldn't understand why Kenzie's answer apparently won her the game.

She didn't need the money any more than anyone else.

It's kind of a dumb question I guess is my point. Especially if you're making your decision on it.

Kenzie's story showed hard work and perseverance

Ben, if he did have that in his life, didn't come across that way. He sounded like a sad, chronic screw-up. He lives 'in a space with his parents'

Such creative phrasing there

Last edited:

Ben, if he did have that in his life, didn't come across that way. He sounded like a sad, chronic screw-up. He lives 'in a space with his parents'

But he was going to use the money to help his parents and a non-profit that brings art to schools.

More noble than both Kenzie and Charlie, who basically said they'd use it to set themselves up for the future.

So you'd give someone a million based on that question?

I think my point is why play the game if you're basing your decision solely on something outside the game?

This is more an indictment of Q than Kenzie, by the way.

But he was going to use the money to help his parents and a non-profit that brings art to schools.

More noble than both Kenzie and Charlie, who basically said they'd use it to set themselves up for the future.

So you'd give someone a million based on that question?

I think my point is why play the game if you're basing your decision solely on something outside the game?

This is more an indictment of Q than Kenzie, by the way.
Agree 100% on the question being a ridiculous decider

I'm just guessing as to how/why it worked

Last edited:
adult musician living with his parents, he's a drug addict. Hopefully he's a recovering addict.
He was one of those not drinking champagne at the end.

Regarding asking what they are going to do with the money, I think it was Hatch that originally said "I'm going to turn it into 2 million." What he actually did is another story.
I'm going to make my life and that of my family better. That's all you need to know.

From what I saw on TV, if I was a juror Kenzie won my vote. She won by navigating out of her initial tribe, by working to keep her tribe the post merge swing vote early rather than the easy vote. She overcame the other tribes pre merge being told that she was running things. With one exception, an exception that should and probably did help her she was in on the vote. Being in the alliances that controlled the game. She impressively dealt with Ben voting for her. While everyone else was beat down one way or another by the conditions such that that many leaned on her heavily to survive, she seemed to thrive.

She seemed to thrive right up to fire making challenge where the moment seemed too big for her at first, until she gathered herself and won it. I wasn't a fan of the help from Liz, but I thought then and now that reflected more on Maria than Kenzie. (Just not sure whether it reflected respect or disrespect.) While some of her game was under the radar, being "carried to the end", etc., the "out wit" part should include using all of the tools available and not just the "resume building" big moves. Off the chart social game, strategically always in the right place, thrived despite the conditions, won challenges.

Some of this applied to Charlie also, and he probably had had a larger "mastermind" role with Maria, but he crumbled at the end. The "my goal was final three" was bad, but his attempt to correct was worse. If it was ultimately his idea to create the goat alliance with Kenzie, Ben, and Liz that ruled the end game, then I think he made a fatal mistake picking Kenzie over just about any of the other options.

I was surprised at the last challenge that Maria bothered to go and get the board. Couldn't the contestants just start guessing at the numbers of holes? If you figured there was between 15-50 holes in the board, why not just start changing the last digit and trying to pull out the sword while counting up. It would have been way quicker.
I agree and personally, I don’t get why you don’t just count it and come back. I know Liz messed up but again, try 33 and 35 when 34 is wrong.

From what I saw on TV, if I was a juror Kenzie won my vote. She won by navigating out of her initial tribe, by working to keep her tribe the post merge swing vote early rather than the easy vote. She overcame the other tribes pre merge being told that she was running things. With one exception, an exception that should and probably did help her she was in on the vote. Being in the alliances that controlled the game. She impressively dealt with Ben voting for her. While everyone else was beat down one way or another by the conditions such that that many leaned on her heavily to survive, she seemed to thrive.

She seemed to thrive right up to fire making challenge where the moment seemed too big for her at first, until she gathered herself and won it. I wasn't a fan of the help from Liz, but I thought then and now that reflected more on Maria than Kenzie. (Just not sure whether it reflected respect or disrespect.) While some of her game was under the radar, being "carried to the end", etc., the "out wit" part should include using all of the tools available and not just the "resume building" big moves. Off the chart social game, strategically always in the right place, thrived despite the conditions, won challenges.

Some of this applied to Charlie also, and he probably had had a larger "mastermind" role with Maria, but he crumbled at the end. The "my goal was final three" was bad, but his attempt to correct was worse. If it was ultimately his idea to create the goat alliance with Kenzie, Ben, and Liz that ruled the end game, then I think he made a fatal mistake picking Kenzie over just about any of the other options.
I had no problem with Kenzie winning. Liz helped but Kenzie was done with the puzzle first and she could have run back instead of Liz and still beaten Maria.

I thought Kenzie did a better job answering questions and Charlie wussing out and saying he’d wuss out if he won immunity hurt him a lot. Liz couldn't build a fire to save herself and Charlie knew that and he also knew he could beat Kenzie. I don’t like how fire has sometimes been way too but Charlie didn’t win immunity so he can lie. Just say you would have done fire.

I also will say that I think Charlie got way too much credit for making moves. Maria, he and Ben got really lucky that the people who could have run the game were idiots. They got to sit back and let the tribe with 5 of 8 jurors eat itself.

I was good with Kenzie winning, she did more than enough and I think she did better overall at the final tribal.

JMHO, I'm fine with the jury using Kenzie's $ response as a decider. Her career decision to be non-profit/help employees should be applauded, and encouraged. "Well, you could make money so change your business/approach"... feels like an odd take, and one I wouldn't expect from that jury. As to Ben, and his own lack of money, is anyone under the impression that $ need was the only factor driving votes, and should logically push the obvious GOAT to the head of the line?

The bottom line for me is this was neck & neck between Kenzie/Charlie, and this topic ultimately broke the deadlock for her. Having thought about it more, that's sort of on Charlie for not differentiating his game in any meaningful way. X factors carry more weight than they might otherwise. I found myself sort of shocked at how poorly Charlie performed in important challenges against the likes of Kenzie/Ben/Liz and even Maria/Q before that. Ok, he beat Maria to the punch on the Q blindside, but did it right along with the others he was up against. He was unremarkable (at best) while the likes of Kenzie and Ben were donning immunity necklaces in front of the jury.

I was soooo happy that Kenzie won. While we do know that her answer to Q's question was the difference, I have a slightly different take on it. I don't think that it was that she needed the money more, I think it was just her honesty that she wanted the money for herself. Every year we hear these people talk about all the great things they are going to do with the money and I always feel like it's BS.

Charlie was too comfortable hiding behind a shield. Letting Maria stick her neck out, then only surviving her double-cross by Q being a sucker. Then chickening out and saying he wanted the safe route to final 3, which gave Kenzie the highlight moment of the dramatic fire-making win.

If he'd insisted to Ben to put himself up against Kenzie in firemaking, he'd have won the season easily (probably the firemaking... from what I've heard it took forever).

I was very surprised that Liz voted for Charlie. I thought he lost her vote for sure by saying he would have taken her to the final.

Just a terrible answer - pisses off a delusional jury member and implies that the two people sitting next to him were more deserving of the win.

I was very surprised that Liz voted for Charlie. I thought he lost her vote for sure by saying he would have taken her to the final.

Just a terrible answer - pisses off a delusional jury member and implies that the two people sitting next to him were more deserving of the win.
I said it while live streaming, but his parting words to her were "Chelsea will be proud" really sealed her vote.

They really shouldn’t allow questions about what they’re going to do with the money in the final jury. It has nothing to do with the game, and they should have some idea from living with these people for a month.
And what they answer is usually complete BS anyways. Like completely broke living with his parents musician is gonna really give a large chunk of winnings to charity or whatever he said. BS.

They really shouldn’t allow questions about what they’re going to do with the money in the final jury. It has nothing to do with the game, and they should have some idea from living with these people for a month.
And what they answer is usually complete BS anyways. Like completely broke living with his parents musician is gonna really give a large chunk of winnings to charity or whatever he said. BS.
Would hookers and blow make the edit? Asking for a friend

Kenzie won because she read the jury right -- it seems like she developed relationships with the people on the jury while Charlie more maintained them. If you think the jury will give you a vote for bs reasons you cater to the bs reasons.

Really was rooting for Liz to win that fire challenge though. Wanted to see her reaction to coming in third on a 7-1-0 vote (somebody throws Ben a vote specifically to put her 3rd).

Saying you are a millionaire on day one is comically dumb strategy. Never give people a reason to not vote for you at the end.

It was an okay season I guess but a lot of people getting sent home while high on their own supply.

-QG

I haven't been on the board in a few days so I'm weighing in with my thoughts now.

As I have said before, Survivor has very few hard-and-fast rules. And they have someone from CBS's Standards and Practices department on-site to watch the challenges and make sure they are conducted fairly. And before a challenge, the players are walked through it and told what they can and can't do. So if something unusual happens in a challenge that is let go, it means that either it is allowed or it is not specifically prohibited. If it makes for good TV and doesn't explicitly break a rule, production is going to allow it, especially if the action shows ingenuity -- production thinks contestants finding creative loopholes is a feature, not a bug. And that's what happened with the Liz-Kenzie teamup. Something similar happened in the F4 challenge of Millenials vs. Gen X when Adam gave up trying to win the challenge to devote his efforts to helping Ken win, because his goal (and Ken's and Hannah's) was for David not to win the challenge, because he would have won the game if he did. Now, sometimes production will change the rules if they confuse the fans, as happened when they modified the sitout rule. So maybe we will see that.

I don't recall an elimination that was as "yadda yadda'd" as Maria's was. It was like, we all know Maria's going home if she doesn't win immunity, so let's get it over with and move on to the more interesting questions of the finale.

Judging from Ben's exit interviews, he knew he wasn't going to win, so he decided he wanted his two best friends with him in final tribal (and knew whoever he sent to fire against Liz would win it because Liz was completely incapable of making a fire.) He did not actually think Liz was a threat to win the game. Only Liz thought that.

The Kenzie-Charlie vote was similar to the Michele-Aubry vote in Kaoh Rong (32), where the more social player beat the more strategic player. The differences were that the edit did a much better job of showing the strength of Kenzie's social game than it did Michele's (the 90-minute episodes obviously helped) and unlike Aubry, Charlie did not have overt enemies on the jury. But both juries were full of emotional narcissists who couldn't come to grips with having been outplayed, so they voted the person they liked better/thought could use the money more. In any case, "I like them better" and "they could use the money more" have been reasons for juror votes since the very beginning of the show, and we should not be surprised when they surface, even in this era of superfan players.

Charlie had no way to predict that Maria would not vote for him, but he did seem to be tone-deaf about what kind of jury he was facing. Explaining how he was in on moves and how he managed his threat level would probably have worked on most, maybe all, juries since Kaoh Rong. But not this one. He needed to massage their egos -- like Todd did in China (15) -- and he failed to do that. I also agree that he (and Maria when they were working together) erred in not prioritizing booting Kenzie over Venus, Q and Liz. The edit made it seem like Charlie drove the Venus vote -- he got sketched out when she implied she had an idol -- and that may have been the fatal error that prevented him from winning. Charlie easily wins a F3 with himself and two of Ben, Liz or Venus.

Liz said in her exit interviews that she isn't really a millionaire but was telling people that so they would drag her to the end, and then she would "wow" them by telling them that she made it all up and actually needs the money. That would have gone over HORRIBLY with this jury and I am disappointed we didn't get to see it! The crazy thing is, if Kenzie or Charlie win the F4 immunity, they probably take Liz to F3 and then we get treated to what would have been one of the biggest trainwrecks of a FTC performance. Ben was the only person who wanted to put Liz in fire.

"Normie" Charlie winning a season with a cast full of nut jobs and narcissists would have been poetic -- kind of like atheist Sophie infiltrating the religious-cult majority alliance in South Pacific (23) and winning -- but the most emotionally intelligent player winning a season with an extremely emotional cast works too.

The Survivor 47 cast apparently has at least five media personalities:

Jon Lovett, a former speechwriter for Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton and co-host of the popular "Pod Save America" podcast. He was the guy who in the preview said he went camping once as a Cub Scout, threw up and went home.
Aysha (pronounced "Asia") Welch, a contributor to Rob Has a Podcast, a reality TV podcast network that has the most popular Survivor podcasts.
Gabe Ortis, a radio host (Two Way Talk) and Baltimore Ravens podcast host (Flock Talk).
Sam Phalen, a Titans beat reporter for A to Z Sports Nashville and co-host of the A to Z Sports Morning Show.
Jerome Cooney, a professional Esports host and commentator.

Maria - comes off as a bitter villain
Extremely bitter and took it out on Charlie. The reasons for giving Kenzie the win because her answers about the money were better? Really? So so stupid

Tiff is the kind of person that does everything they can for a friend, if she couldn't win she would rally the jury to her bestie Kenzie's side and clear the path for her victory.

Maria is the kind of person that, if she can't win, she doesn't want you winning either.

Welp, I was right about Liz. I just couldn’t see her being a successful business owner/founder. From what we saw I couldn’t see her holding anything together. It would have been fun seeing her in the final tribal.
What exactly was the goal of saying you’re a millionaire? Get dragged to the end as a goat and then at jury announcing it was a lie and part of your plan to get that far with that all along?

Welp, I was right about Liz. I just couldn’t see her being a successful business owner/founder. From what we saw I couldn’t see her holding anything together. It would have been fun seeing her in the final tribal.
What exactly was the goal of saying you’re a millionaire? Get dragged to the end as a goat and then at jury announcing it was a lie and part of your plan to get that far with that all along?
Liz can never, ever get out of her own way

She seemed pleased when Jeff said she was one of the most unique individuals (or something like that) to have played Survivor. She got her x minutes of "fame" and that was all she wanted.
She is using it to promote her email marketing business on social media.

She seemed pleased when Jeff said she was one of the most unique individuals (or something like that) to have played Survivor. She got her x minutes of "fame" and that was all she wanted.
Can't wait till she does an Applebee's commercial

That was exactly the goal. It makes no sense, but it was the goal.

Is there a lie/persona that somebody hasn’t done yet that would be epic if they pulled it off? Basically acting a certain way the entire game and then at tribal….gotcha, I’m actually this!

Is there a lie/persona that somebody hasn’t done yet that would be epic if they pulled it off? Basically acting a certain way the entire game and then at tribal….gotcha, I’m actually this!
In Redemption Island, Philip kept saying his act was a front and he would reveal the real him at FTC. But he just doubled down on his craziness when he got there. It would have been interesting to see what happened if he followed through, because that jury was not itching to give Boston Rob the win.

Any such strategy would only work on a certain type of jury that valued gameplay and the deception that comes with it over everything else. The 46 jury was definitely not that. And it would probably only work if you were at FTC with two players the jury didn't really like either.

In Redemption Island, Philip kept saying his act was a front and he would reveal the real him at FTC. But he just doubled down on his craziness when he got there. It would have been interesting to see what happened if he followed through, because that jury was not itching to give Boston Rob the win.

Any such strategy would only work on a certain type of jury that valued gameplay and the deception that comes with it over everything else. The 46 jury was definitely not that. And it would probably only work if you were at FTC with two players the jury didn't really like either.
The only one I can really think of that would be doable is hiding challenge threat until it was too late and rattling off a string in a row at the end.

What about dumb as rocks, goofy guy and then at final tribal busts out a whole different smart persona. Speech patterns change, gives intellectual answers, reveals he’s an Ivy League graduate, etc. ?

Bonus points if they act the smart way throughout season only at confessionals. Then switches back up dumb guy around tribe mates so the audience knows.

What about dumb as rocks, goofy guy and then at final tribal busts out a whole different smart persona. Speech patterns change, gives intellectual answers, reveals he’s an Ivy League graduate, etc. ?

Bonus points if they act the smart way throughout season only at confessionals. Then switches back up dumb guy around tribe mates so the audience knows.
That's not hugely different from lawyers and cops hiding their professions. But I'm not sure how pretending to be a fundamentally different person until the end -- as opposed to pretending to have a different job -- would go over with most juries. If you've bonded with someone based in part on who they tell you and show you they are, and then they reveal they are something else entirely, that might make you salty, especially given how intense your feelings/emotions get toward your castmates due to trauma-bonding.

The Survivor 47 cast apparently has at least five media personalities:

Jon Lovett, a former speechwriter for Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton and co-host of the popular "Pod Save America" podcast. He was the guy who in the preview said he went camping once as a Cub Scout, threw up and went home.
Aysha (pronounced "Asia") Welch, a contributor to Rob Has a Podcast, a reality TV podcast network that has the most popular Survivor podcasts.
Gabe Ortis, a radio host (Two Way Talk) and Baltimore Ravens podcast host (Flock Talk).
Sam Phalen, a Titans beat reporter for A to Z Sports Nashville and co-host of the A to Z Sports Morning Show.
Jerome Cooney, a professional Esports host and commentator.
Well I had to reread that last one as I originally thought it said a professional escort 😳

anyone notice Charlie with his stank face after votes were read and during the whole after show?....he was pissed and wouldn't even look at Maria...

And Q and Maria come in at the last moment and swipes her dinner.

-QG

anyone notice Charlie with his stank face after votes were read and during the whole after show?....he was pissed and wouldn't even look at Maria...
I thought he was thoughtful and diplomatic when asked for reaction during the live broadcast... something to the effect of the jury is always right in their choice.
Agree, especially in that live, raw moment. He fully expected Maria to vote for him based on all their conversations and he was truly blindsided. To give the answer of "the jury is always right" was really classy. In the time that has passed, they have not been able to repair the relationship.

And Q and Maria come in at the last moment and swipes her dinner.

-QG
Rock, paper, scissors

I thought he was thoughtful and diplomatic when asked for reaction during the live broadcast... something to the effect of the jury is always right in their choice.

He only said that at the end.....after he pouted for 20 minutes

Not saying that is inaccurate but I did not notice. He came off fine to me. Even if he did pout before being 100% class when speaking, I'm cutting him some slack on ability to hide whatever emotions he felt after losing $1Mil. Hard to sit in judgment on the emotions a human experiences in that position. He'd played a good if not great game.

I'd have felt like I should win in his shoes and that Maria screwed me. So I cut him some slack.

Users who are viewing this thread