What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TampaBay's 2006-07 starting QB (1 Viewer)

Who will be TB's starting QB next season?

• Chris Simms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Griese

• Tim Rattay

• Luke McCown

• Someone they get in the offseason (either from a trade, a FA signing, or draft)

• Total voters

Hear-the-Footsteps

Footballguy
I know a million things can change between now and opening day next year. But if you had to guess now - if you had to put your money down on one of these options - who would you go with?Who do you think will be TampaBay's starting quarterback next season?

Mort reported that at least four teams are interested in Simms as a restricted free agent. Len P said that Jon Gruden has done a 180 on him and now really likes the kid...sounds to me like he's the guy in Tampa for 2006.

Griese will have to be cut. He is under contract. He had 600 more yards and 10 more td's than Simms in the same amount of games the year before. And Griese's rating was around 19 points higher..He is the better QB IMO and should start somewhere in 06..Yea he is 5 years older but QB's play forever. B Johnson is 37.

Griese will have to be cut. He is under contract. He had 600 more yards and 10 more td's than Simms in the same amount of games the year before. And Griese's rating was around 19 points higher..He is the better QB IMO and should start somewhere in 06..Yea he is 5 years older but QB's play forever. B Johnson is 37.
No, Griese will be a FA. He has a $6+ mil roster bonus due that will not be paid.

Mort reported that at least four teams are interested in Simms as a restricted free agent. Len P said that Jon Gruden has done a 180 on him and now really likes the kid...sounds to me like he's the guy in Tampa for 2006.
He has always liked Simms.... anything you heard otherwise was just him trying to motivate Simms.Before the game Saturday, Gruden was talking about how he would talk to Simms about Vince Young and then go and be like "So Chris, you hear about Vince? Won the National Championship.... what the hell was your problem?"

Anyway, they will cut Griese, sign Simms to a light contract, keep Rattay as the veteran backup and continue to work with Luke McCown. Gruden likes McCown a lot, but feels he still has a long way to go.

In terms of next year's numbers, expect top 15 performance. He'll be a steal in the latter rounds, unless the Bucs do end up signing Terrell Owens, in which case he'll probably be hyped up.

I definitely see Simms sticking around. Griese is probably gone and will start for someone who needs a veteran while they develop someone else (like Detroit, for example).

I definitely see Simms sticking around. Griese is probably gone and will start for someone who needs a veteran while they develop someone else (like Detroit, for example).
Greise did play his college ball in Michigan........could be Miami.....again......maybe the Jets. I like Griese. I think he is a good QB, not great, but good.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the thing about Gruden is he can't be trusted when it comes to his QB's or RB's. Gruden has switched several times on his QB's and likely will again. Will Simms be the guys next year? Maybe. But if he is I will be shocked if he remains that way all year.

I think Rattay will be the starter at some point next year. Gruden traded for this guy because he likes him. Griese is gone and Simms still makes a lot of mistakes. Rattay was traded to TB because SF didnt want Rattay taking time away from Smith. Rattay is a good fit in the Tampa Bay offense and his salary is pretty low. I think Rattay becomes the starter in preseason. Just my two cents...

I think Rattay will be the starter at some point next year. Gruden traded for this guy because he likes him. Griese is gone and Simms still makes a lot of mistakes. Rattay was traded to TB because SF didnt want Rattay taking time away from Smith. Rattay is a good fit in the Tampa Bay offense and his salary is pretty low. I think Rattay becomes the starter in preseason.

Just my two cents...
I think there is very little chance Rattay overtakes Simms

I think Rattay will be the starter at some point next year.  Gruden traded for this guy because he likes him.  Griese is gone and Simms still makes a lot of mistakes.  Rattay was traded to TB because SF didnt want Rattay taking time away from Smith.  Rattay is a good fit in the Tampa Bay offense and his salary is pretty low.  I think Rattay becomes the starter in preseason. 

Just my two cents...
I think there is very little chance Rattay overtakes Simms
I think there is NONE :popcorn:

I think Rattay will be the starter at some point next year. Gruden traded for this guy because he likes him. Griese is gone and Simms still makes a lot of mistakes. Rattay was traded to TB because SF didnt want Rattay taking time away from Smith. Rattay is a good fit in the Tampa Bay offense and his salary is pretty low. I think Rattay becomes the starter in preseason.

Just my two cents...
:no:

Users who are viewing this thread