What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tannehill's upside (1 Viewer)

Slightly interesting to hear that Atlanta and Tennessee had apparently discussed a deal involving Tannehill and the 1.08. Supposedly shut down when they couldn’t work out the money. It clearly wasn’t going to be straight up, probably the 11 and Tanny for the 8 as the base.
Nah, that guy was shooting his shot. Zero confirmations from anyone, false rumor.

Brought WRs to Florida for a workout.

A definitive comfortable air as he's the guy, no worry of the young QBs or young WRs...haven't seen him act like that in years. It's expected of course, just nice to see

Ryan Tannehill struggled on Sunday, completing 16-of-34 passes for 198 yards with no touchdowns and three interceptions in a Week 1 loss to the Saints.

Quite simply, it was not a great day for Tannehill, who posted a 28.8 passer rating, the lowest of his 10-year NFL career. He seemed gun shy in front of a Saints defensive line that notched three sacks and hit Tannehill 10 times. Tannehill was also pressured on over 50% of his pass attempts as the Titans attempt to break in almost an entirely new offensive line. To his credit, he pushed the ball down the field frequently, trusting DeAndre Hopkins to go up and get the ball in double coverage. Unfortunately, he also didn’t seem to be on the same page with his new star receiver, and the Saints secondary made him pay with three interceptions. Head coach Mike Vrabel said after the game that “it’s never gonna be about one guy,” and it would seem unlikely Tannehill is going to lose his hold on the job so quickly.

- Rotoworld

yesterday was his upside which isn't very good. Chargers have a terrible pass defense and Tannehill had a pedestrian day. I have Burks on a couple squads and don't see how he'll realistically have value with Ryan at the helm.

Ryan Tannehill was carted to the locker room to undergo X-rays on his right ankle.
Tannehill previously walked to the locker room but the X-ray room was on the opposite side of the field of Tennessee’s bench, so he rode the cart over. Even if the X-rays come back negative, it looks likely that Tannehill’s day is over. Malik Willis will close out the Titans’ Week 6 game against the Ravens. Tannehill completed 8-of-16 passes for 76 yards and an interception before exiting.

I’m sure they’re not going to fold up shop at 2-3, but would be a perfect time to ramp Levis up heading into the bye.

Titans HC Mike Vrabel said Ryan Tannehill’s ankle injury is similar to what he dealt with last year.
Tannehill’s 2022 season was cut short due to an injury, as the veteran quarterback saw his season end after a Week 15 loss to the Chargers. Vrabel and the Titans don’t need to rush to a decision on what to do with Tannehill at this team, as the team is set to enter their Week 7 bye before returning in Week 8. Vrabel also didn’t say whether Malik Willis or rookie Will Levis would start in Tannehill’s absence, although he’d probably prefer not to think about that at this time. We’ll likely know more on Tannehill’s status as we get closer to the Titans’ next game.

I’m sure they’re not going to fold up shop at 2-3, but would be a perfect time to ramp Levis up heading into the bye.
I’d be quite okay with being 2-15 if it meant getting the top pick. Or 6-11 if it meant Levis looks like a possible franchise QB.

TD is reporting that it's a high ankle sprain. That would mean he's out a while and going on IR.
That doesn't fit yesterday's presser.
Vrabel has him possibly back, a repeat of last year's injury, etc. Tannehill also said same as last year.

I don't doubt TD really. He's a good dude. Just something is off like with Treylon Burks injury news as being bad then he's jumping up n down pregame.

I do question some Titans doc and have for years since they always lead the league in injuries.

He has to be driven across the field in London to get an MRI so we all know he got one. Why would it read different in TEN than London? It's a weird situation

ESPN’s Jeff Darlington reports Ryan Tannehill won’t require surgery on his injured ankle.
Tannehill, per Darlington, is “currently in a cast diagnosed with a high ankle sprain, and there’s no definitive timeline for recovery.” Tannehill should be considered iffy, at best, to play in Week 8 following the Titans’ Week 7 bye. Malik Willis, who played in Week 6 against the Ravens after Tannehill was carted off the field, would probably get the start next time Tennessee takes the field. Will Levis would serve as backup. Willis is very much worth an add in superflex formats thanks to his rushing prospects.

TD is reporting that it's a high ankle sprain. That would mean he's out a while and going on IR.
That doesn't fit yesterday's presser.
Vrabel has him possibly back, a repeat of last year's injury, etc. Tannehill also said same as last year.

I don't doubt TD really. He's a good dude. Just something is off like with Treylon Burks injury news as being bad then he's jumping up n down pregame.

I do question some Titans doc and have for years since they always lead the league in injuries.

He has to be driven across the field in London to get an MRI so we all know he got one. Why would it read different in TEN than London? It's a weird situation
@Bri you’re as plugged in as anyone here for all things Titans - if Tannehill is indeed out for a bit, what do you think the odds are of Vrabel pulling a Dobbs and starting Levis over Willis because they don’t trust Willis enough to win games? Even if it means throwing Levis to the wolves prematurely.

Not a fan of Will Levis at all. Reminds me of so many **** for brains big-armed QBs of the past.

Malik Willis is intriguing, however, for fantasy at least. Remember the Alamo!(Justin Fields 2022)

Jeff Simon from ESPN supposedly says Tannehill asked for his release.

No one confirmed it and the guy said this yesterday so...idk

Can we start Hopkins with Tannehill? I also have McLaurin, Roshon Johnson and Alex Pierce as other options....

Last edited:
Wilson to Pittsburgh certainly lessened what was already a bad market for Ryan.

I had said I'd expect him to find that out and then accept a low ball deal OR say he won't play for a low salary and retire like Demarco Murray did. I still think this is true, but I don't think it'll be til May or June for him to realize. I think it'll be far quicker.

I would guess he's a fine backup to have and that Arthur wants him as a backup but with Pickett staying, I don't see it barring a trade.

Be the backup in TEN is an option but I don't think that's in his mind.

I'm onto being a backup for LaFleur or maybe NYJ or Indy. There should be a good market for a good backup if he'll accept that

Users who are viewing this thread