What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Aaron Hernandez (1 Viewer)

Can we finally expect a TD or two this week? Man this wait has been frustrating.
If he is used the same way and as often as the past 2 weeks, I'd be surprised if he didn't get a TD. How many endzone targets can one guy get without hauling one in? I didn't see the whole game last week but I saw at least 2 endzone targets.Edit: I don't want to be greedy though. I'll take 8/97 every game from here on out!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Otis said:
Can we finally expect a TD or two this week? Man this wait has been frustrating.
Did you see any of the Miami game? He just barely missed out on a couple of TDs.
Yeah, I saw this. I just wish he'd stop "barely missing" out on them...
Someone needs to tell him to stop.
They did but he thought they said drop.
They were afraid to yell too loud since the sound waves might tweak his ankle.

Some early rankings from this site and others list Hernandez as the top TE play this week. Are guys going with him over Gonzalez, Witten, Graham or Owen Daniels? I'll probably play Gonzo and Witten over Hernandez, and take a chance with Hernandez over Graham and Owen Daniels. Tough to bench certain guys that have produced all year.

Some early rankings from this site and others list Hernandez as the top TE play this week. Are guys going with him over Gonzalez, Witten, Graham or Owen Daniels? I'll probably play Gonzo and Witten over Hernandez, and take a chance with Hernandez over Graham and Owen Daniels. Tough to bench certain guys that have produced all year.
I'm in a similar situation. :popcorn:

He looked good last week. I wish he'd spend less time blocking, but other than that I had no complaints. Without that facemask penalty, he'd have been the #2 TE in standard scoring.

"New England tight end Aaron Hernandez was once again limited in his participation in practice Saturday and is listed as questionable for Week 14 on Monday night against Houston."

Monday night game and no update likely before start of play on Sunday. Hernandez has to be one of the best options at TE this week if healthy, but can you risk waiting? So is this just another BB mind game or is there a chance he does not play?

"New England tight end Aaron Hernandez was once again limited in his participation in practice Saturday and is listed as questionable for Week 14 on Monday night against Houston." Monday night game and no update likely before start of play on Sunday. Hernandez has to be one of the best options at TE this week if healthy, but can you risk waiting? So is this just another BB mind game or is there a chance he does not play?
link?

My backup TE was Myers, so yeah, I'm in a bind here. If you wait on him, who are you left with? Garrett Graham? Visanthe Shiancoe?

My backup TE was Myers, so yeah, I'm in a bind here. If you wait on him, who are you left with? Garrett Graham? Visanthe Shiancoe?
Same situation here, but as I said earlier... I'm not worried @ all. He'll play and definitely put up more than Myers did on Thursday.
I wasn't worried until this morning. He looked fine last week. I just can't imagine them shutting him down in a big game like this. I'll take 5 catches and 50 yards from him at this point.

Same situation here, but as I said earlier... I'm not worried @ all. He'll play and definitely put up more than Myers did on Thursday.
I wasn't worried until this morning. He looked fine last week. I just can't imagine them shutting him down in a big game like this. I'll take 5 catches and 50 yards from him at this point.
If Hernandez does not go is there an option on the Pats that is better than Garrett Graham? I am 90% sure this is just another BB ruse, but since this is the playoffs I do not want to be stuck with no one to start should Aaron actually be a late scratch.

The NE depth chart lists Fells and Shiancoe, with a whopping 3 and 0 catches this year respectively. Graham is also questionable. Bottom line is, if you are rolling with Hernando, you really have no other options. I'm staring at guys like Marcedes Lewis and Dallas Clark as possible replacements, but neither thrill me. It's a tough spot for week 1 of the playoffs.

The NE depth chart lists Fells and Shiancoe, with a whopping 3 and 0 catches this year respectively. Graham is also questionable. Bottom line is, if you are rolling with Hernando, you really have no other options. I'm staring at guys like Marcedes Lewis and Dallas Clark as possible replacements, but neither thrill me. It's a tough spot for week 1 of the playoffs.
Oy. I have Heath Miller, as much as it pains me I might have to just roll with him this week. I know Hernandez is going to start and this is just BB shenanigans, but not in a situation where I can afford a zero.

The Texans will be without TE Garrett Graham for Monday. John McClain reports "Without Graham, FB James Casey will get more play at TE. Texans use 2 TEs a lot."

Welker and Lloyd were limited all week long too, and are questionable. I think Hernandez, Welker, and Lloyd will all play Monday night.

If Hernandez does not go is there an option on the Pats that is better than Garrett Graham?
Here are your Monday night options:PATRIOTS DEPTH CHART:

3. Daniel Fells

4. Visanthe Shiancoe (was inactive last week)

5. Michael Hoomanawanui

TEXANS DEPTH CHART:

1. Owen Daniels (already rostered in most leagues)

2. Garrett Graham (OUT with concussion)

The Texans also have a TE on the practice squad (Logan Brock) but he has not been signed to the active roster.

I kind of expected a stat line like he has tonight, I just didn't expect it in the 2nd quarter. He was so close to scoring the past couple weeks, it was only a matter of time. If it was up to me, I'd rest him because I could use him to play like this for the next couple weeks to bring me a championship.

Hope he saved a lot of that for next week vs. the Niners.
Yup, I need all the points I can get this week going up against a team with Foster and Peterson. Last time I faced this team I only won by 8 points and that's week 9 when Martin put up 53 points for me.

The latest I heard was "limited" in practice from Wednesday and Thursday. Does anyone have any updated info? Thanks!
Arrested and is being linked to several murders. Likely to be "limited" in practice for the next 25 years to life.

Users who are viewing this thread