What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Aaron Hernandez (1 Viewer)

Mr. Mojo

Footballguy
The latest I heard was "limited" in practice from Wednesday and Thursday.

Does anyone have any updated info?

Thanks!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5674/aaron-hernandez

Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.

Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PM

Source: Boston Herald

As of today's Boston Herald:

Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.

Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PM

http://www.rotoworld...aaron-hernandez

His girl had a baby or was about to so he missed a practice. Radio guys have been saying he's ready to go. I'm rolling with him.

Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston HeraldAaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston Herald Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston Herald Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston Herald Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston Herald Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is among 14 players the Patriots have listed as questionable for Week 10 against the Bills.Even coming off a bye week, the Patriots are trying to keep their opponent guessing. Hernandez was limited in practice each day this week, and the Pats' beat reporters have indicated no concern about his availability against Buffalo. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if Hernandez missed the game. Pencil him into your lineup and check back on Sunday morning. Pats-Bills has a 1:00PM ET start. Nov 9 - 6:44 PMSource: Boston Herald
:link:

Rotoworld now chiming in with this:

Patriots activated TE Visanthe Shiancoe (hamstring) from injured reserve designated for return.

Shiancoe was eligible to return in Week 9, and New England had up until this upcoming Tuesday to make a decision on him. The activation could be a sign that Aaron Hernandez's (ankle) status for Sunday's game may be in question. Shiancoe has no fantasy value.

Source: Jeff Howe on Twitter Nov 10 - 4:26 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/939/visanthe-shiancoe

Schefter says he's out? Anyone know anything? He's Spanish one of you has to be his cousin what's up?
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Aaron Hernandez (ankle, questionable) is not expected to play on Sunday against the Bills.This explains why Visanthe Shiancoe was activated from injured reserve on Saturday. The Patriots will allow Hernandez to rest his ankle for another week before taking on the Colts in Week 11. Although things can change before 1:00PM ET on Sunday, get Hernandez out of fantasy lineups and find a TE2. It's unfortunate that Hernandez can't face the Bills defense. Shiancoe isn't a fantasy option.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Nov 10 - 7:02 PM

One never knows with the Pats, but did he re-injure his ankle in practice this week? Is that why he was limited in practice once he returned... :unsure:

I know the Bills are bad, but Hernandez not playing in a divisional matchup seems very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's healthy the Pats are just shady with injury reports and even sit healthy players.

I'll now have to drop Ronnie Brown or Donald Brown to pick up a TE.

He's healthy the Pats are just shady with injury reports and even sit healthy players. I'll now have to drop Ronnie Brown or Donald Brown to pick up a TE.
I highly doubt that the pats would sit hernandez if he was healthy. For you, I would drop D Brown. Mathews is brittle and dbrown is likely in a time share now and fighting an injury himself.I am in the same boat and will have to find a replacement...

He's healthy the Pats are just shady with injury reports and even sit healthy players. I'll now have to drop Ronnie Brown or Donald Brown to pick up a TE.
I highly doubt that the pats would sit hernandez if he was healthy. For you, I would drop D Brown. Mathews is brittle and dbrown is likely in a time share now and fighting an injury himself.I am in the same boat and will have to find a replacement...
I'm sure he's 95 percent healthy he had a great game before bye, came out and said he wasn't hurt, didn't tweak anything. then he misses the london game because of his child being born. Bill doesnt play people unless they are 100 percent. They dont need him for the Bills giving him yet another week off.

Bill doesnt play people unless they are 100 percent. They dont need him for the Bills giving him yet another week off.
I will have to disagree with you on this point. Gronk has been nicked most of this season with a hip problem...announcers have continually referred to it in the Pats games that I have watched...No way Gronk has been 100%Returning to the point at hand, the earlier article said he had no problems planting or cutting. This is why I wonder if he tweaked the ankle in the closed portion of the practices on either Wed or Thurs. This seems to have come out of no where, despite his questionable tag.

He's made of glass. Sell while you can still get something for him if possible. I'm divesting in dynasty leagues. He just isn't reliable enough.

CBS reporting he will be inactive and That schincoe will come of ir to play in his place...

Eta

Report: Hernandez not expected to play

Aaron Hernandez, TE, NE

News: ESPN reports that Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is not expected to play Sunday against the Bills in Week 10 due to a lingering ankle injury. The Patriots have also activated tight end Visanthe Shiancoe off the injured reserve/designated to return list on Saturday. Hernandez hurt his ankle Week 2 and missed several weeks before returning for a couple of games but has now missed his last two.

Analysis: Though he was optimistic about making his return on Sunday, it seems as if Bill Belichick will give Hernandez another week of rest. The fact that he still can't make it back on the field after taking some time off is not encouraging for Fantasy owners. Make sure to keep an eye on the official inactives prior to Sunday's game, but for now keep him on your bench and seek healthier options for Week 10. Some low-end waiver wire tight ends worth starting this week include Brandon Myers (at Ravens), Anthony Fasano (vs. Titans), Scott Chandler (at Patriots) and Joel Dreessen (at Panthers).

I'm sure he's 95 percent healthy he had a great game before bye, came out and said he wasn't hurt, didn't tweak anything. then he misses the london game because of his child being born. Bill doesnt play people unless they are 100 percent. They dont need him for the Bills giving him yet another week off.
I read somewhere that he tweaked it during the bye...

Who are you guys thinking of replacing Hernandez with this week? I am thinking maybe Cook has locker back or Greg Olsen against Denver.

my bad i just checked. it said he tweaked it a few weeks back and didnt practice last week. :bag:

my bad i just checked. it said he tweaked it a few weeks back and didnt practice last week. :bag:
Like that better than the above link anyway. Angry linkman be damned.

Well at least they told us now and not 10 mins before gametime.
Yeah, shocking since this is the Patriots. Still leaves most Hernandez owners without a decent backup TE in a hole. Anyone considering Shiancoe as a play? The Bills D is as weak as any in the NFL.

Well at least they told us now and not 10 mins before gametime.
Yeah, shocking since this is the Patriots. Still leaves most Hernandez owners without a decent backup TE in a hole. Anyone considering Shiancoe as a play? The Bills D is as weak as any in the NFL.
Depends. HOw many points u get for blocks? Isn't he behind hooomenamaneniii anyway?

Wow what a wasted pick Hernandez has turned into. This has been the longest sprained ankle I've seen in while. Lingering? I guess so.

Come on Gresham...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Aaron Hernandez (ankle, questionable) is not expected to play on Sunday against the Bills.

This explains why Visanthe Shiancoe was activated from injured reserve on Saturday. The Patriots will allow Hernandez to rest his ankle for another week before taking on the Colts in Week 11. Although things can change before 1:00PM ET on Sunday, get Hernandez out of fantasy lineups and find a TE2. It's unfortunate that Hernandez can't face the Bills defense. Shiancoe isn't a fantasy option.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Nov 10 - 7:02 PM

This morning RW says:Appearing on NFL Network's First on the Field, Albert Breer reported that Aaron Hernandez (ankle, questionable) "will not play" in Week 10 against the Bills.

This goes with ESPN Adam Schefter's report from Saturday night that Hernandez was "not expected to play." New England activated Visanthe Shiancoe from injured reserve designated for return yesterday afternoon, so they'll have him, Daniel Fells, and Michael Hoomanawanui behind Rob Gronkowski. Gronk should dominate targets, and neither of the other three are fantasy options. Check Chris Wesseling's rankings at the link below to find a TE2 to replace Hernandez, who will look to return against the Colts in Week 11. Nov 11 - 7:36 AM

Source: Rotoworld Week 10 Rankings

I need this cat pretty badly for the playoffs, unless Gresham continues to gets the looks he rightfully deserves.

Meh. I trade Blaine Gabbert for him to a guy that needed a bye week QB. Didn't invest much and I have Brandon Myers. So I can wait another week or 2.

What's his status for this week? I heard conspiracy theories that he tweaked his injury at practice on Friday, which is why he didn't play. Having said that, I can not find any reliable sources to confirm said theory.

I agree that he has been a wasted pick to date. I'd like to get something out of him before the season is over. If he is still aggrivating this injury, odds are that he will be mediocre at best the rest of the season.

I wouldnt call him a wasted pick, yet. For those of us that are solid gms and are either in the playoffs, or in the playoff chase- if Hernandez has a few good games down the stretch or in the playoffs he will have been well worth the pick.

I think dude is about to go off personally, like big pimp daddy style. Typically I am not wrong about these things.

I wouldnt call him a wasted pick, yet. For those of us that are solid gms and are either in the playoffs, or in the playoff chase- if Hernandez has a few good games down the stretch or in the playoffs he will have been well worth the pick. I think dude is about to go off personally, like big pimp daddy style. Typically I am not wrong about these things.
he's about to go off? off what? crutches? seriously though, what would indicate he's going to go off? he can't even get in the lineup and stay for more than a game. Even if he does have a couple good games, that wouldn't make him well worth where he was picked. Right now he's tied with Donte Rosario in my league 31st overall with 11, 9, and 5 points in the games he's played.

I wouldnt call him a wasted pick, yet. For those of us that are solid gms and are either in the playoffs, or in the playoff chase- if Hernandez has a few good games down the stretch or in the playoffs he will have been well worth the pick. I think dude is about to go off personally, like big pimp daddy style. Typically I am not wrong about these things.
he's about to go off? off what? crutches? seriously though, what would indicate he's going to go off? he can't even get in the lineup and stay for more than a game. Even if he does have a couple good games, that wouldn't make him well worth where he was picked. Right now he's tied with Donte Rosario in my league 31st overall with 11, 9, and 5 points in the games he's played.
Bro-ski, the Pats are just letting him get fully healed. you know my man hercules is going to be in absolute beast mode once he hits the field. We goin to be doin the 'make it rain' dance at least 5 more times this year. Considering I am a lock to be in the playoffs, his help once the playoffs start would make him well worth the pick that I used on him. You're prob not even sniffing the playoffs and thats why you're upset. Injuries happen bro, you gotta have contingencies in place.. You'll learn, you'll be alright :)

Bro-ski, the Pats are just letting him get fully healed. you know my man hercules is going to be in absolute beast mode once he hits the field. We goin to be doin the 'make it rain' dance at least 5 more times this year. Considering I am a lock to be in the playoffs, his help once the playoffs start would make him well worth the pick that I used on him. You're prob not even sniffing the playoffs and thats why you're upset. Injuries happen bro, you gotta have contingencies in place.. You'll learn, you'll be alright :)
This.

Users who are viewing this thread