What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Evan Engram, JAX (1 Viewer)

He might mess around and see the Jags rescind the tag

He wanted the tag, I thought. That would be nuts.
Reconsidered the future income ? Maybe his agent told him something that could have persuaded him to falter?
Could be - there’s a big crop of rookie TEs about to be drafted, so maybe Engram is trying to get ahead of it before his future value and the supply/demand dynamic for the position shifts.

Reconsidered the future income ? Maybe his agent told him something that could have persuaded him to falter?
Could be - there’s a big crop of rookie TEs about to be drafted, so maybe Engram is trying to get ahead of it before his future value and the supply/demand dynamic for the position shifts.

The two most recently quoted entries in this are what I thought when I saw meno's post. Maybe he did reconsider because of the changing landscape and at the behest of his agent.

Last edited:

I had heard he wanted a multi-year deal but he should be happy with the tag. He's almost doubling up what Schultz got paid, getting 2.5 times what Geisicki got. Maybe he's sitting at home with blessing of the team while they work out an extension but if not I think he's playing with fire.

Seattle did this earlier with a player, just less money. They tendered Ryan Neal $2.62m. If he had signed the tender that money was guaranteed. Instead they pulled it on him after they did some signings, and he ended up signing for just over a million with Tampa, costing himself around $1.6m. His career earnings heading into this off-season was just $3m, so that's one harsh loss.
Um, his career earnings are around $26m to this point.

He made $9.6m last year with the Jags alone.

I had heard he wanted a multi-year deal but he should be happy with the tag. He's almost doubling up what Schultz got paid, getting 2.5 times what Geisicki got. Maybe he's sitting at home with blessing of the team while they work out an extension but if not I think he's playing with fire.

Seattle did this earlier with a player, just less money. They tendered Ryan Neal $2.62m. If he had signed the tender that money was guaranteed. Instead they pulled it on him after they did some signings, and he ended up signing for just over a million with Tampa, costing himself around $1.6m. His career earnings heading into this off-season was just $3m, so that's one harsh loss.

Ryan Neal

Ryan Neal
I’m dumb. My bad. Carry on.

Jaguars GM Trent Baalke said the team is "trending" towards a long-term deal for franchise-tagged TE Evan Engram.

"But we’re not there yet. Hopefully we can get that done," Baalke concluded. Engram has not shown for voluntary workouts while he's tagged, though that's not exactly a surprise. The Jaguars will probably look to get something done after the draft. Engram had a career-high 766 receiving yards last year and should remain a low-end fantasy TE1 for the Jaguars this year assuming he's satisfied with his contract.
SOURCE: Mia O'Brien on Twitter
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:20 PM ET

CBS Sports’ Jonathan Jones reports an extension for Evan Engram seems “up in the air.”

If Engram and the Jags don’t come to an agreement on an extension by Monday, Engram will be forced to play out the season on the franchise tag. He would then become a free agent next offseason. Engram joined the Jags on a one-year deal last offseason and rewarded them with a career-high in receiving yards (766). Though he was productive in Jacksonville last year, the addition of Calvin Ridley could knock his target share in 2023. He projects for low-end TE1 numbers this season.

Got him on a few teams so really liked seeing this commitment

BREAKING: #Jaguars and Pro Bowl TE Evan Engram have agreed to a 3-year, $42.5M deal with $25.5M guaranteed, ahead of tomorrow’s deadline, per sources. Engram comes off a career-high 73 catches and 766 yards last season.
That's very nice. It wouldn't be surprising to see him have a nice couple years here. The physical talent was always there. It just often takes TEs a crazy amount of time to really figure themselves out.

Can't help but feel this was a mistake by the Jags. Engram has been incredibly inconsistent in his career, and while he has great physical tools, I think this is paying for a career year, ala Mike Williams with the Chargers a year ago.

Still think he's a decent low-end TE1 this year though.

Can't help but feel this was a mistake by the Jags. Engram has been incredibly inconsistent in his career, and while he has great physical tools, I think this is paying for a career year, ala Mike Williams with the Chargers a year ago.

Still think he's a decent low-end TE1 this year though.
Technically wasn't even a career year. He was better as a rookie. He's only 28. I don't think he is great but he's in the TE prime, uber athletic and well, the Jags had money to spend. A little pricey maybe but I think the Jags see the next 3 years as a SB window.

Evan Engram caught 7-of-8 targets for 67 yards in the Jaguars’ Week 3 loss to the Texans.

As Trevor Lawrence’s most-targeted player for Week 3, Engram caught seven passes for 67 yards. He saw several short-yardage looks, especially in the second half when Jacksonville tried to get its offense going. Engram has an solid, established role in the Jaguars offense that gives him the volume to stay afloat for fantasy purposes. He has TE1-upside entering a Week 4 London matchup against the Falcons.

- Rotoworld
You kinda forget about him in the O but I believe depending on league he's currently TE8 thru three weeks. All you need for a TE to be successful is 6 points a week, and if he catches a TD he'll crush his projection.

A Jags TE finally caught a touchdown in week 6, and...checks box score...it was...Brenton Strange?

Hoping for a wave of positive TD regression for EE...44 tgts, 36 recs, 0 tds

People are always hoping for more but Engram is a pretty solid if not exciting option for people who have not invested top draft capital into the TE position.

If Irv Smith were ever healthy and reached his full potential it would look similar to what Engram has done so far in his career. He hasn't and maybe never well.

As Mitchie says above you could do a lot worse than Engram.

Users who are viewing this thread