What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (2 Viewers)

49ers scored 35 points in a game where Kittle and Deebo had a combined 1 catch for 8 yards.

What an insane abundance of talent on that roster.

QB Brock Purdy and TE George Kittle have now connected on 10 TDs since Purdy took over as starter in Week 14 of last season. That's the most by any QB-pass catcher duo in that span.

Patrick Mahomes and Jerick McKinnon are second with 9.

49ers scored 35 points in a game where Kittle and Deebo had a combined 1 catch for 8 yards.

What an insane abundance of talent on that roster.

This only shows you have zero idea of how to look at a game in numbers.

Like always.

Leading receivers for the 49ers were and still will be CMC and Aiyuk. Why? Because of the scheme. Last season they had all three yet it's not about catches, it about touches.

Who gets the most touches in the 49ers offense under Purdy?

CMC and Aiyuk. In targets within the passing scheme.

If you knew anything about West Coast Offense or about the 49er offense, or football in general, it's about making a TE, FB, RB as pass catching targets, no matter the talent level of them.

Care to discuss?

Oh wait, you don't, you have people who you are scared of on ignore

QB Brock Purdy and TE George Kittle have now connected on 10 TDs since Purdy took over as starter in Week 14 of last season. That's the most by any QB-pass catcher duo in that span.

Patrick Mahomes and Jerick McKinnon are second with 9.
Ok, now do Mahomes and Travis Kelce Mr. LOOK AT ME, I FOLLOW LOMBARDI.

Now to clean this thread of 'Nut...

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

Total of 17 catches far into the early 4th quarter, 252 yards spread with a defense that just intercepted Dak Prescott 3 times.

Numbers 'Nut. We know you hate them.

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

Total of 17 catches far into the early 4th quarter, 252 yards spread with a defense that just intercepted Dak Prescott 3 times.

Can you take the personal stuff to PM? It's clear you want to ask him to the winter formal, but nobody else really cares.

What are your thoughts on Kittle? Or are you really here for that?

Pretty easy call as Cowboys really struggle against TE's. Shanahan is great at exploiting weaknesses. He'll be a monster in those games and quiet in others. Plan or set expectations accordingly.

Kittle has also been healing from a pre-season injury… perhaps Jess finally approaching full health? He created lots of separation last night.

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

Can you take the personal stuff to PM? It's clear you want to ask him to the winter formal, but nobody else really cares.

I'm here to read a message board. Not you spam post passive aggressive insults to a guy you know has you on ignore (which you even acknowledge in your own posts.) It's sad and pretty pathetic tbh.

I don't really have any thoughts on Kittle, hence why I'm here just reading. This may come as a huge shock to you, but it is possible to enjoy and get something positive from the boards without having to comment on every single thing. Especially when you don't have anything constructive to say that adds any value to the thread. (hint: this is the part you still need to learn apparently)

And to get out ahead of the reply I can see coming from a mile away, no, I won't put you on ignore as well. I shouldn't have to. The mods will come and clean it up if you are incapable of doing it yourself. If you aren't an adult, get permission from your parents before coming back. If you are, grow up.

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

I'm here to read a message board. Not you spam post passive aggressive insults to a guy you know has you on ignore (which you even acknowledge in your own posts.) It's sad and pretty pathetic tbh.

I don't really have any thoughts on Kittle, hence why I'm here just reading. This may come as a huge shock to you, but it is possible to enjoy and get something positive from the boards without having to comment on every single thing. Especially when you don't have anything constructive to say that adds any value to the thread. (hint: this is the part you still need to learn apparently)

And to get out ahead of the reply I can see coming from a mile away, no, I won't put you on ignore as well. I shouldn't have to. The mods will come and clean it up if you are incapable of doing it yourself. If you aren't an adult, get permission from your parents before coming back. If you are, grow up.

So message boards should be all about what you care to read? And your only thoughts in a specific thread aren't about that subject?

I don't see his posts, but apparently he doesn't care and keeps trying. It's pretty bizarre. I've been stalked by women before, but never a random guy on the internet.

The world is a crazy place. :crazy:

I view Kittle and Goedert somewhat similarly - very good offenses but so many other weapons that it's hard to guess their spike weeks outside of an injury to one of the dynamic WRs. But the fact that they can have those spike weeks means you just have to keep rolling them out there and take the bad weeks with the good weeks.

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

So message boards should be all about what you care to read? And your only thoughts in a specific thread aren't about that subject?

Everyone drop the personal stuff and keep this 100% to football.

Purdy's targets:

Well balanced -

Everyone drop the personal stuff and keep this 100% to football.

Noted, it's just debate, that's all.

1 catch for 1 yard. Give me strength. I didn't expect them to feature him like they did against Dallas, I know that's not how the Niners roll. But with Deebo and CMAC banged up and in a losing effort, this is his usage? 2 targets and 1 catch for a yard just defies all logic.

He was targeted a few times but Purdy was so off the mark yesterday it didn't matter. I have only benched Kittle once this year and that was the Dallas game. My hope is that he has another big game fairly soon and I can try to trade him.

Last edited:
I view Kittle and Goedert somewhat similarly - very good offenses but so many other weapons that it's hard to guess their spike weeks outside of an injury to one of the dynamic WRs. But the fact that they can have those spike weeks means you just have to keep rolling them out there and take the bad weeks with the good weeks.
Exactly. And unless you're facing Kelce or Andrews......even when Kittle craps the bed, you're only losing 5-8 points from vs a typical TE.

But Kittle can win you a week all by himself.

1 catch for 1 yard. Give me strength. I didn't expect them to feature him like they did against Dallas, I know that's not how the Niners roll. But with Deebo and CMAC banged up and in a losing effort, this is his usage? 2 targets and 1 catch for a yard just defies all logic.
He was open a ton yesterday too. Purdy just had his 1st game where he looked like a 7th round pick.

Thoughts on Kittle for ROS as well as the next year or 2? I lost Andrews and looking to make a pivot with Kittle as an option going forward. Kittle is 30 already and has had his injury struggles at times but no doubt when healthy he is a beast. Last 4 games have been good.

Anyone who follows Kittle/SF closely know what his long term outlook is? Looking at his contract he has 2 massive years coming up (2024 and 2025). I would assume his spot with SF is safe for the next 2 years at least with nearly $20M cap hit for both 24 and 25.

How many more years do you think Kittle has left and how will his health hold up? No doubt he has been fantastic with Purdy behind center.

Whos in on this guy ROS and for the next 2 years? Buy now?

Thoughts on Kittle for ROS as well as the next year or 2? I lost Andrews and looking to make a pivot with Kittle as an option going forward. Kittle is 30 already and has had his injury struggles at times but no doubt when healthy he is a beast. Last 4 games have been good.

Anyone who follows Kittle/SF closely know what his long term outlook is? Looking at his contract he has 2 massive years coming up (2024 and 2025). I would assume his spot with SF is safe for the next 2 years at least with nearly $20M cap hit for both 24 and 25.

How many more years do you think Kittle has left and how will his health hold up? No doubt he has been fantastic with Purdy behind center.

Frankly, I thought he was showing signs of being washed at the beginning of last season, but since then he's been healthy and productive. When the game plan calls for it, he's still a prolific fantasy player. But given how physical his game and position is, I don't think anyone can have a ton of confidence about how long he'll be able to keep this up; it could fall off at any time, basically. I do think he'll likely be a 49er for his entire productive career. I'm sure they'll restructure his deal if he hasn't already. He's too important to the culture for them to waive him as long as he is still capable of playing.

In my eyes, he's the best TE in the NFL, he just isn't featured the same way guys like Kelce and Hockenson are. Hopefully these last few weeks are sticky, because Kittle and CMC are the guys SF should be basing their offense around.

In my eyes, he's the best TE in the NFL, he just isn't featured the same way guys like Kelce and Hockenson are. Hopefully these last few weeks are sticky, because Kittle and CMC are the guys SF should be basing their offense around.
I probably agree with that statement that he is the best in the NFL at his position and it goes to with @thecatch said above and how valuable he is. He does everything and does it so well including blocking. As a result he's often banged up. He gives it all and works as hard as anyone.

I have no doubt he can ball out the ROS I just worry how long his career will be. We hear about how banged up and how many surgeries Kelce has had and he feels it all.

Kittle plays very similar to Gronk in that hes a physical freak but also blocks more than most pass catching TEs. Gronk dealt with so many injuries and just kept at it - eventually tho he had to hang up his cleats.

If Kittle can give 2 more seasons to finish out his current contract and play until 32 I think that would be fantastic. Anyone think he could go 3-4 more years until 34?

George Kittle’s rankings among TEs (PFF):

• Receiving Yards: 991 - #1
• Yards Per Catch: 16.0 - #1
• Yards Per Route Run: 2.29 - #1
• PFF Grade: 88.7 - #1
• Touchdowns: 6 - #2
• Yards After Catch: 470 - #2

5 weeks out of 15 under 5 points in 0.5 ppr. From a fantasy perspective he’s frustrating. But you gotta love the guy.

5 weeks out of 15 under 5 points in 0.5 ppr. From a fantasy perspective he’s frustrating. But you gotta love the guy.
That's just the TE position. There have been very few ever who have provided WR level consistency. The TE position this year was actually pretty flat in terms of scoring. There were a lot of options to keep pace at TE and no single player gave an overwhelming advantage.

So I needed 8 more points from Kittle on Monday night. He had 126 yards. 49'ers are on their last gasp at the 2-yard line. Darnold gets sacked back to the 12 on 3rd down. Still not far enough. False start on 4th down pushes them back to the 17. Darnold throws up a prayer to Kittle for what would be an 8-point play and... intercepted.

Users who are viewing this thread