What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

"Move" TE, the hot chick that everyone covets. Most of the best tight ends of our time have been diamonds in the rough. Kelce, Andrews, Kittle...Gronk was a 2nd round pick, but he could dance

Fantasy Football Six-Pack: More bad news for Kyle Pitts

Excerpt:

29 - Kyle Pitts has run a route on 29 snaps over the past two weeks, which is fewer than such luminaries as Noah Gray (30), Eric Saubert (37), Daniel Bellinger (31), Juwan Johnson (42) and various other tight ends who should not be added. We can reasonably hope for a bump in volume this week against Tampa Bay, but right now Atlanta simply doesn't offer a rich environment for receiving production.

Marcus Mariota's pass attempts have decreased each week this year, from 33 to 26 to 20 to 19. So that's terrible. All we can cling to with Pitts right now are his air yards, which are among the highest at his position (365). At some point, hopefully, all these not-quite yards become actual yards.

Two weeks ago, I offered Mark Andrews for Pitts straight up in three different FFPC dynasty leagues (1.5 PPR for TEs). All three rejected. (Andrews was coming off a massive game.) I expected that, but I'm curious how long this can continue before Pitts dynasty teams start panicking. (I don't have Pitts in any dynasty leagues, but I drafted a ton of him in managed and best ball leagues.)

Kyle Pitts (hamstring) did not practice Thursday.​

That's okay, because he doesn't play in the games either. We kid. (We think.) Pitts is likely to draw a questionable tag if he gets back on the practice field for Friday. We don't blame you for wanting to fade him, but if he is able to play, there's probably game script upside against the Bucs for him to draw more targets than he has so far this season.
SOURCE: Michael Rothstein on Twitter
Oct 6, 2022, 1:19 PM ET

Benching for Everett this week. Can't take Mariota anymore has to be bottom 3 in NFL QBs, can't take 1-2 catches for 15-25 yards anymore, can't take his stupid lack of targets anymore. I realize it's still early and things might change but has to be my worst redraft pick for years.

Pitts is the #1 most frustrating player a quarter through the season. No one saw this type of production in his cards. It's baffling.

I still don’t understand where and how people thought Pitts was going to be a top 5 te this year. He scored ONE TD last year, has a worst QB and now had a wr that would take targets.

I still don’t understand where and how people thought Pitts was going to be a top 5 te this year. He scored ONE TD last year, has a worst QB and now had a wr that would take targets.
I was asking the same thing in the offseason - except my concern was only MM.

His 1 ReTD was flukish, and he had several DPIs in the end zone last year, both of which indicated positive regression coming in the TD dept.

But with no Ridley and only London to draw coverage, it was fair to question how he'd be a lot more valuable than he was in 2021 for redraft with a downgrade at QB, a still-poor OL, and no Ridley. Injuries are tough to predict, but this one certainly doesn't help his short-term outlook.

Future is bright for dynasty because he's an absolute monster of a player, but yeah - looking like a bust in redraft as a 3rd round selection.

Depending on the format, he was a top-5 or top-10 TE and had one of the best rookie years ever for a TE, and he did that as a 21-year-old.

Yes, he scored only one TD. But TDs are impossible to predict, and logic says that if you scored a ton of TDs one year, you're unlikely to score that many the next, and if you score almost no TDs, you're probably going to score more the next year.

The only other receiver on the roster who could challenge him for targets is a rookie, and rookies often take at least half, if not the whole season, to develop.

Whatever the case for Mariota, the Falcons were expected to be a really bad team that would be playing from behind and throwing a lot. Instead, they're 2-2, and all their games have been decided by 4 points or less.

There were plenty of reasons to think Pitts was going to contend for the overall TE1 ranking.

Russian "Good Will Gesture" in progress in Northern Kherson.

Key Ukrainian artillery max range #'s.

55 km - 2S7 Pion 203mm gun
50 km -- Excalibur guided shell range in a 155mm 52 caliber gun
40 km -- 2A36 Giatsint-B 152mm Gun w/OFARS & NATO 155mm 52 cal gun w/RAP shells

1/8

Depending on the format, he was a top-5 or top-10 TE and had one of the best rookie years ever for a TE, and he did that as a 21-year-old.

Yes, he scored only one TD. But TDs are impossible to predict, and logic says that if you scored a ton of TDs one year, you're unlikely to score that many the next, and if you score almost no TDs, you're probably going to score more the next year.

The only other receiver on the roster who could challenge him for targets is a rookie, and rookies often take at least half, if not the whole season, to develop.

Whatever the case for Mariota, the Falcons were expected to be a really bad team that would be playing from behind and throwing a lot. Instead, they're 2-2, and all their games have been decided by 4 points or less.

There were plenty of reasons to think Pitts was going to contend for the overall TE1 ranking.
Getting tds are about opportunities and not impossible to predict. Does he play for a good offense, how many red zone targets, does he have a good qb. Yet he is rank te 22 in my league..

And next year when Ridley is back what he is getting now will be hit again.

I would move him in all leagues.

And next year when Ridley is back what he is getting now will be hit again.

I would move him in all leagues.
I don't expect Ridley to ever again approach being more than an WR3 in fantasy. He's not going to be any kind of difference maker or speed bump to Pitts.

would you give Freiermuth + 23 2 for Pitts dynasty?
Not the right thread. But yes, I'd smash accept that. PF is nice, but he ain't going to win you leagues. Pitts is a baby and will have a new QB (maybe coach) throwing him passes this time next year. Buy low if the price is right!
At this point, I think there are probably some coaches that could QB better than Mariota has thus far...

Feel like he's borderline droppable in redraft formats. Will hold maybe to the BYE but this situation sure sucks.
He was dropped in my family league (12 team 0.5 PPR). I'm thinking of dropping Bateman for him; I've been scuffling at TE (Knox the first four weeks, picked up Conk this week) so I feel like if I'm going to get crappy production from my TE position, might as well have some upside

Feel like he's borderline droppable in redraft formats. Will hold maybe to the BYE but this situation sure sucks.
He was dropped in my family league (12 team 0.5 PPR). I'm thinking of dropping Bateman for him; I've been scuffling at TE (Knox the first four weeks, picked up Conk this week) so I feel like if I'm going to get crappy production from my TE position, might as well have some upside

At this point, that's about all he brings to the table. I honestly don't understand why they're not using him more, perhaps they're just happy with how things are going and don't see a need to change.

At this point, that's about all he brings to the table. I honestly don't understand why they're not using him more, perhaps they're just happy with how things are going and don't see a need to change.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to take a Top 5 pick coming off a 1K yard rookie season and just bury him. So I have to assume that will change eventually.

Still, it's just bizarre. The lack of production I could see. But the lack of usage is what's truly confounding

Not involved, but Pitts was traded straight up for Kelce in one of my dynasty leagues today. Both contenders, but the team getting Pitts has no real backup at TE so punting points this year for long-term upside.

Not involved, but Pitts was traded straight up for Kelce in one of my dynasty leagues today. Both contenders, but the team getting Pitts has no real backup at TE so punting points this year for long-term upside.
That's an interesting trade.

I think the Kelce owner made a pretty big mistake. At some point, people need to start lowering their long-term expectations for this guy. Maybe he will end up in a better spot after his rookie contract up, but any expectations for him while still in Atlanta need to be tempered.

Would love to trade for him in dynasty, but I don't want to give up a ton for him, and I doubt his owner will take any less than that.
I’d posted in a topic a while ago how it’s a virtually impossible situation. No owner will sell low, no buyer will pay “fair” value.

If ua want Pitts you’re coughing up a godfather deal regardless of his current productivity.

I think the Kelce owner made a pretty big mistake. At some point, people need to start lowering their long-term expectations for this guy. Maybe he will end up in a better spot after his rookie contract up, but any expectations for him while still in Atlanta need to be tempered.
I mean Pitts had a thousand yards just last year. Obviously this year is a total bust but wasn’t that the greatest rookie season ever for a tight end?

I mean Pitts had a thousand yards just last year. Obviously this year is a total bust but wasn’t that the greatest rookie season ever for a tight end?
Ditka killed it as a rookie, about the same yardage but 12 (!) TDs. Pitts had more catches though.
Bummed about Pitts this year but heck I'd love to buy him in dynasty if there's a discount.

Users who are viewing this thread