What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Noah Fant, SEA (2 Viewers)

Sounds like I am in the minority when saying I think Fant will have a great year (top 10 TE) with Lockett and Metcalf seeing most of attention, should open things on the short to medium routes. Has the talent, just needs to stay healthy.

Sounds like I am in the minority when saying I think Fant will have a great year (top 10 TE) with Lockett and Metcalf seeing most of attention, should open things on the short to medium routes. Has the talent, just needs to stay healthy.

He won't be a Top Two target on a low volume passing offense. If a TE doesn't get 90 or more targets, then the only path to Top 5 is 10 or more TDs. It's happened twice since 2014 and five times in the last 18 years. Of course that's if you want a Top 5 TE. If the target is Top 10 then you're basically saying you'll be content to outscore two of your league mates.

But even if he is somehow a Top Two target on Seattle, it probably doesn't matter.

The last three years in Denver (playing with the QB he was traded with to Seattle):
In those seasons in PPR Fant finished as the TE16, TE9, and TE12.

He's playing on a team that will likely be below average in pace, YFS and touchdowns. He has scored 3, 4 and 4 TDs in his career.

He may be Top Ten. Personally I'm trying to draft TEs who have a reasonable chance at being Top 5.

Difference between TE5 and TE12:
  • 2017 - 2.3 PPG (full PPR, minimum 10g played)
  • 2018 - 3.0
  • 2019 - 4.7
  • 2020 - 2.5
  • 2021 - 1.9
Average 2.8 PPG, or 42 points over a 15 game seasons (most FF seasons are 14 or 15 games long.)

I like your thought process BobbyLayne and appreciate the input. I am really banking on the fact that Seattle's defense is bad and the offense will be forced to throw. Garbage time points out the wazoo for Fant. Sadly when you wait on TE after the top tier guys, you are at least hoping the TE you do get comes in top 10 eoy.

Probably fairly underrated this year. If Seattle is tanking as we suspect, I could see Geno dumping off to the TE after coverage is rolled to Metcalf. Hard pass on Metcalf this year. You gotta think about it, last year people were fine with him and his QB situation.

Now, he's radioactive. His QB situation is almost the same or got better, except now he's on a team that doesn't have a Top 5 defense. If anything, I think his situation maybe got a little bit better compared to last year. Looks like Fant is a FA after this season too, that's another thing I like to look for. The more catches in 14+ point losses Fant gets, the more money his agent can negotiate for.

Even if Geno dumps off passes to TE, will it even be Fant ? Or Will Dissly, who is a better blocker than Fant ? Seems like the entire Seattle offense is a hard pass this year. Unless either Penny or Walker suffers an injury, in which case the last man standing at RB would perform well. I mean Alex Collins was startable a few weeks for them recently. For dynasty purposes let's hope Seahawks draft a stud QB in 2023.

Noah Fant caught 6-of-7 targets for 45 yards in the Seahawks' Week 6 win over the Cardinals.

Fant led the Seahawks in all receiving stats on the back of his 23 percent target share. Outside of touchdowns, this was also the best game of Fant's tenure in Seattle. Geno Smith was under pressure for most of this game, prompting him to take easy throws to Fant over longer shots to his receivers. It's possible Fant is cementing himself as an underneath threat in this offense, but Will Dissly and Colby Parkinson were still active in this game, combining for three receptions. Until Fant isn't being pushed for snaps by the backup tight ends, he can stay on the waiver wire. He remains off the fantasy radar for Week 7.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I don't really understand his usage. He's a physical freak and all this short dink and dunk stuff really isn't taking advantage of his talents. I believed he was in for a big year, maybe he still is. Who knows.

Noah Fant caught 5-of-6 targets for 32 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 15 loss to the 49ers.​

The five receptions were actually Fant's second most of the season, though the 32 yards were par for his Seahawks course. The score was just his third in neon green and navy. Fant got free at the back of the end zone for a 10-yard strike with 3:35 remaining. Nice, though there was zero indication this evening Fant is about to cut in on DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett's prodigious target shares. He will remain a low-floor, low-ceiling TE2 for Week 16 against the Chiefs.
Dec 16, 2022, 12:00 AM ET

Seahawks TE Noah Fant (knee) was removed from the injury report and will play in Week 17 vs the Jets.​

Fant injured his knee in Week 15 and played through a questionable tag last week. While his status isn't in doubt, going against the Jets' secondary at less than 100 percent is a matchup to avoid. Fant's role in Seattle's offense has been heavily touchdown dependent, scoring three times on 15 targets the last four weeks.
Dec 31, 2022, 9:46 AM ET

Noah Fant was not targeted in the Seahawks’ Week 1 loss to the Rams.

Will Dissly and Colby Parkinson each saw two targets. Fant no longer appears to be in Seattle’s game plan on offense and can be cut in all formats.

- Rotoworld

Seahawks agreed to terms with TE Noah Fant on a two-year, $21 million contract.
Never a point of emphasis for Pete Carroll’s passing attack, Fant could be in for much heavier 2024 usage after the ‘Hawks cut Will Dissly and let Colby Parkinson depart in free agency. Fant’s 32 2023 receptions were a new career low. He stayed healthy, however, and continued to hint at big-play ability up the seam. Going on 27 with five years under his belt, it would be unwise to bet on a completely new Fant, but his setup will at least give him a shot to get back in the TE1 mix.

Users who are viewing this thread