What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (4 Viewers)

Gronk was a TD machine, no doubt about it, but his lack of durability was glaring.
Gronk’s lack of durability was due to the fact he was also basically a third offensive tackle out there.

Talking about best tight ends ever and not mentioning Gronk’s elite blocking should truly disqualify anybody from speaking on it. He was 1 of 1.

And that’s nothing against Kelce. He’s the second best ever but Gronk was the all-around player.
Exactly.

Gronk even blocked on extra points.

Easier to last longer when you are basically a WR.
OL typically plays way longer than WR

Give me Gronk if we take their 5 best year stretch.
Give me Kelce for best 10

Gronk's best 5 year stretch was 2011-2015. In that period, he had 328/5009/55 plus 202 1D (not including TDs) in the regular season and 48/689/9 plus 28 1D (not including TDs) in the postseason.
Kelce's best 5 year stretch was 2018-2022. In that period, he had 507/6444/47 plus 306 1D (not including TDs) in the regular season and 110/1254/15 plus 56 1D (not including TDs) in the postseason.

I'd take Kelce's best 5 year stretch over Gronk's, and it's not close.

I kind of started to believe after his "I do think about retirement, man it's hard to recover all the time" talk on his podcast earlier this year, that he'd maybe consider retiring after this season if they won another SB. Maybe he and Jason would retire together, to be eligible for the HoF together, that sort of thing. But up on the stage last night talking about a three-peat, doesn't sound to me like he's hanging them up yet...

Sure looked like one last night. So they weren't wrong. But his abilities are worth it obviously.
Kelce has always struck me as a hotheaded jock, one who is all fun and smiles when things are going well, but when they aren't, he's not someone you want to be around. That said, I don't think the thing with Reid is a big deal.
I strongly disagree. Reid should have either beaten the **** out of him, or alternatively benched and released him. And that goes for any coach and any player, not just this situation (and most other authority situations, for that matter). It's bad enough to defy or contend with an authority. Putting your hands on and screaming in the face of an authority is just totally unacceptable, period. That's how I see it, anyway.

Sure looked like one last night. So they weren't wrong. But his abilities are worth it obviously.
Kelce has always struck me as a hotheaded jock, one who is all fun and smiles when things are going well, but when they aren't, he's not someone you want to be around. That said, I don't think the thing with Reid is a big deal.
I strongly disagree. Reid should have either beaten the **** out of him, or alternatively benched and released him. And that goes for any coach and any player, not just this situation (and most other authority situations, for that matter). It's bad enough to defy or contend with an authority. Putting your hands on and screaming in the face of an authority is just totally unacceptable, period. That's how I see it, anyway.
Dating a pop star gives him the right to do what he did.

Dating a pop star gives him the right to do what he did.
It’s his world. We are just living in it.

Reid and Kelce seem to have that kind of relationship where little physical bumps and whatnot are the norm. Remember the Christmas Day game where Kelce tossed his helmet in frustration and Reid gave him kind of half body check like, "knock it off." I just think that's their way of communicating sometimes. Reid showed no anger or annoyance about it after the game, so if it is not a big deal to him, it shouldn't be to us.

Reid and Kelce seem to have that kind of relationship where little physical bumps and whatnot are the norm. Remember the Christmas Day game where Kelce tossed his helmet in frustration and Reid gave him kind of half body check like, "knock it off." I just think that's their way of communicating sometimes. Reid showed no anger or annoyance about it after the game, so if it is not a big deal to him, it shouldn't be to us.
I didn't know about that one. I guess it's Reid's call to make. Fair enough.

Agree wasn't a good look but the issue seems media driven, and also some people going off at a chance to take a shot at Kelce for obvious reasons.

Guessing Reid preferred to win the Super Bowl instead.
Sometimes greatness comes with dynamics that we don't like or understand.
That kinda stuff is not a good sustainable way to do things, but there's times it makes sense.

Reid has a track record of enabling bad behaviour. If it brings out the best in players like Mahomes and Kelce I guess that is a win.

It didn’t bring out the best in his sons.
In my line of work I meet "good" parents all the time who have seriously flawed kids.
I also meet many parents id like to make disappear, and their kids are exceptional.

It also helps to know about the other parent and family dynamics.

Anyway, pretty unfair comment on your end, plus what exactly is so bad about Kelce again?? He can be annoying, but pretty sure Reid didn't make him annoying. Seems like he helped make him someone who works super hard, performs, and doesn't get in trouble.

Unless of course you are hoping players of the future are all programmed robots, in which case every comment and post game scenario will be perfectly robotic and predictable for ya

Reid has always been known as a players coach. Of course BB wouldn’t have put up with that but im sure Kelce wouldn’t have acted that way if he were the coach. If Reid was ok with it, its not really anyone else’s business imo. Heat of the moment with a guy you probably have a personal relationship with.

I'm exaggerating obviously but I love it when we expect these guys to hit each other for a living but all that should instantly stop once their toe crosses the white line.

These are professional athletes... not high school or even college where you may send a message even to your best players by benching them.... those that said he should be benched don’t get it....
I'm trying to get it, and with three rings to show for it, I guess there's hardly a choice but to agree, but to me it's a heck of a moral dilemma.

These are professional athletes... not high school or even college where you may send a message even to your best players by benching them.... those that said he should be benched don’t get it....
I'm trying to get it, and with three rings to show for it, I guess there's hardly a choice but to agree, but to me it's a heck of a moral dilemma.
Team leaders aren't the bench guys who get cut for stuff like that.
It also looked worse than it was cause walrus doesn't have the greatest balance.

It also looked worse than it was cause walrus doesn't have the greatest balance.
Let's put it this way ... I think everyone has a line, somewhere, where they would bench or cut any player. And the value of the player does affect the placement of the line for sure. So if that wasn't over Reid's line, then I guess it wasn't over his line. It would have been over my line, but I also would have had a precedent of not allowing that. But again, *gesturing toward my own empty Lombardi trophy case*

Let's put it this way ... I think everyone has a line, somewhere, where they would bench or cut any player. And the value of the player does affect the placement of the line for sure. So if that wasn't over Reid's line, then I guess it wasn't over his line. It would have been over my line, but I also would have had a precedent of not allowing that. But again, *gesturing toward my own empty Lombardi trophy case*
I highly doubt that is over any coaches line in the league given the exact scenario

I highly doubt that is over any coaches line in the league given the exact scenario
BB is the only one I could possibly think of

Superstar in Superbowl would make it very difficult to do ... I'm probably overreacting. But respect is very important to me.

Superstar in Superbowl would make it very difficult to do ... I'm probably overreacting. But respect is very important to me.
to be honest as a life long Chiefs fan who has followed this team very closely.....given Kelce's past....there may not be a player on the team that respects Reid more...I truly don't feel this "incident" was about respect or disrespect......it was more about passion and how at times ....because they feel safe and comfortable enough about their relationship.....these two particular people can communicate with each other in the heat of that particular moment....I don't feel the bump was intentional in any way....

I get it to a certain extent....screaming at and bumping your coach is never a good look....but if you understand the dynamics behind the scenes, it may actually be the love and the passion they have for each other that allows them to feel comfortable enough expressing themselves that way to each other....the outside optics may look bad and "disrespectful" ...but to them it's a nothing burger

He's such a tool.
I think this is universally agreed upon other than guys who fan boi over his fantasy stats and middle aged men who simp for their daughter's favorite pop star.
ugh, I guess it was only a matter of time til we got high school boys posting on this site.
Not sure why that guy posted it, well actually I do but that is for a different forum. I have a daughter who is a huge Swift fan and she had an interest in the SB. I got to chat some football with her and she watched the whole game. Imagine someone throwing shade at the new football fans - maybe insecure? Just uncalled for.

I think we can all agree that yelling at your coach/boss isn't professional and will likely, most times, not end well. If KC doesn't win then this scenario likely gets a lot more attention. Sounds like Kelce and Reid have made amends and worked through it - like 2 grown adults. Maybe this can be a learning experience for everyone.

Seems like that should be enough.

He very clearly was over the line. In the biggest game of the year with the most high-profile coach in the league. I don't see anyone looking to be "outraged". It was a significant thing.

He (and his brother) both acknowledged it.

Move on.
Yeah no sense beating a dead horse. Too many other things to get aggravated about.

Users who are viewing this thread